• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

nearly 9 minutes of foraza gameplay footage :)

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
9 mins and not a single good player, I havent seen a single one make a good turn without touching or crashing into the wall or going out of control. Pathetic.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Deepthroat said:
I want to see people race from the 1st person perspective.

theres plenty of that :)

and yeah, these people fucking suck at racing games... they even have all assists on and they can barely stay on track

segasonic

I played it at GC, the physics are totally awesome. Best physics since Ferrari F355 Challenge, GT4 seems arcadish in comparison.

Unfortunately, I can confirm that it only runs with 30fps. There's also some minor popups and some framerate hickups, but I assume those will be fixed until release.

Sense of speed is good in 1st person view, and a little slow in third person...

yeah I think it'll come down to this or Enthusia for me. Those new Enthusia videos demonstrating the body roll look mighty impressive. Visually the animation looks better than forza.

segasonic

I also played Enthusia.

...and absolutely hated it. Graphics are okay, not quite up to GT4 level, but not ugly either.

But the controls need some major overhaul imho. It felt indirect and slow.

hgplayer1

I like the looks of the tracks shown. I hope they have a ton of tracks in there though. would have been nice to have seen the AI going around the course from the cockpit view. these guys never really got up to top speed without hitting something.

Is this game officially confirmed to be delayed till next year? I've gotta have atleast 1 sim racer this year, either GT4 or this will do and right now they're both rumored to be delayed.

segasonic said:
I also played Enthusia.

...and absolutely hated it. Graphics are okay, not quite up to GT4 level, but not ugly either.

But the controls need some major overhaul imho. It felt indirect and slow.

so everything sucks but Forza :p

"Is this game officially confirmed to be delayed till next year? I've gotta have atleast 1 sim racer this year, either GT4 or this will do and right now they're both rumored to be delayed."

Forza is 2005. I'm 99% sure of it.

segasonic

SolidSnakex said:
Is this game officially confirmed to be delayed till next year? I've gotta have atleast 1 sim racer this year, either GT4 or this will do and right now they're both rumored to be delayed.
It's not delayed officially, but imho it will be delayed. It'll probably be out in early 2005.

I heard they're planning some big stuff with the new Xbox Live features btw...

props for having the roots playing!

well, i finished watching and... wow, those people playing must have been trying to check out ow badly cars can get damaged... game looks good though

mr2mike

Banned
I'm downloading but I'm not sure I should watch... seeing videos of people eating wall angers me... it's the whole idea of aweful players that wouldn't be able to steer a shopping cart down an aisle straight, getting to play the awesome and new racers early, while the rest of us, who can actually enjoy them, and would be best suited to extract the subtelties of gameplay to then expose them in a writeup, because let's face it, how can you comments on fine gameplay nuances when you can't even drive the fucking car straight, have to wait for-fucking-evern to play, while these lame bastards just go Ooooh and Aaaaah because it looks pretty when they crash. fucking bird brains... "Oooooh... shiny thingies...!" *stare*

segasonic

me2mike, how about you send us some videos of you playing Richard Burns Rally...

If you don't know the tracks, Forza is pretty hard because the driving model is unforgiving (oversteering instead of understeering).

But I was pretty quick on the Laguna Seca track. Damn I wish I could right now play it again with the force feedback wheel they had there

mr2mike

Banned
God damn some of those people sucked hard, I mean I was watching a shaky LCD throught a handycam video and even I could where the damn track was gonna go.

It's called readin the damn road, these people should try it. Oh and let' not forget the track map, but I shouldn't even go there, it's way too obvious.

These people just try to follow the road and just notice turns when they's on top of 'em, well sorry little jonny, that's called not being able to play worth a damn.

I dont have RBR or a PC capable of playing it, but hey, name a recent Xbox or PS2 racer and I'll be glad to go rent it and record my first play ;)

hgplayer1

even though it looks really bad how those people are driving in the game, Im not so sure I wouldnt be doing the exact same thing. Im pretty sure I wouldnt be overshooting that left hander at the top of the hill on Laguna Seca as much as those people were but I bet Id hit a few walls here and there. not having serious time to spend with a racer thats not very forgiving is very important. hell I even go back to some racing games that I havent played in a while and it takes me a few mins to remember how to drive well.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
hgplayer1 said:
even though it looks really bad how those people are driving in the game, Im not so sure I wouldnt be doing the exact same thing. Im pretty sure I wouldnt be overshooting that left hander at the top of the hill on Laguna Seca as much as those people were but I bet Id hit a few walls here and there. not having serious time to spend with a racer thats not very forgiving is very important. hell I even go back to some racing games that I havent played in a while and it takes me a few mins to remember how to drive well.

as witnessed in your driving skills in pgr2 last night? ;)

element

ill give you a reason why Forza plays similar to F355.

About 15 feet from the development nook for Forza is a full 3 screen F355 signed by Yu Suzuki.

Top Bottom