• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nendoroid GAF |OT| Swap that frown for a Good Smile

The_Kid

So I'm tryinf to buy from this Japanese shop but it won't let me enter a billing address outside Japan. It just has me enter a purchaser's address and card and then possibly another address if Im shipping it somewhere else.

Anyone know any workarounds?

Bloodember

So I'm tryinf to buy from this Japanese shop but it won't let me enter a billing address outside Japan. It just has me enter a purchaser's address and card and then possibly another address if Im shipping it somewhere else.

Anyone know any workarounds?

Use a forwarding service.

Chorazin

Ended up buying myself a Mikudayo nendoroid! It was comparatively cheap and didn't seem to come with many additional parts, but I don't particularly care because in the end I still end up with a Mikudayo figure that can stare daggers at anyone who enters the room.

Awesome! Your first Nendo or just first Mikudayo?

Mandelbo

Awesome! Your first Nendo or just first Mikudayo?

It's my second proper nendo, but it's the first I've actually bought myself. I also own a Yuno nendo and some other Hidamari nendo petits courtesy of Mikehattsu. This is my current collection:
4w7b6O7.jpg

Bloodember

site doesn't take paypal. It does take visa. Would I hypotehtically be able to load a prepaid visa card and it wouldnt matter what address I use?

I would think think so. Not sure how prepaid visa cards work around the world though. Won't hurt to try.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
(Been quiet for a few days after WonFest!)

Anyhow, it only took just over a month, but my Sega Saturn Nendo FINALLY came in!! You guys weren't kidding about SAL taking a little bit longer, lately! Hopefully my Kirby+Umaru trading figures are in soon, as they also passed the 2 week mark. I wonder what the reason is for SAL taking so slow? (We shall see if I keep being stubborn and keep getting unregistered SAL to save a few, or if I will start getting registered from now on... I love my collectibles, but I'm so darn frugal with shipping costs!)

Chorazin

EMS all day. I can't imaging spending that much on figures and not spending the extra for qualityshipping, Love getting my stuff in less than a week, too!

EMS all day. I can't imaging spending that much on figures and not spending the extra for qualityshipping, Love getting my stuff in less than a week, too!

I've actually found that my shipping costs have gotten quite a bit cheaper since I've stopped using AmiAmi. It's kind of amazing how much extra weight all the packing material they used ends up adding to your shipping cost. Out of the three or so years I'd been buying figures by that point, I had a box arrive damaged (and by that, I simply mean a hole kicked in the side of a rather large box) exactly once in that time. Switched to Hobbysearch / HLJ, and now shipping isn't that big of a deal.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
EMS = guaranteed customs with a premium handling fee.

It's the worst option. Also you've already waited months on a preorder, what's an extra week or two more?

L95

It's the worst option. Also you've already waited months on a preorder, what's an extra week or two more?

Kinda agree, I've been waiting forever already, it'll get here when it gets here lol.

Yeah, I don't mind the extra wait for SAL. Plus it saves a good $5 each time, easily. My shipments tend to be pretty small stuff like 1 or 2 Nendos so it's much more cost effective for me to be patient. :p

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I don't mind the extra wait for SAL. Plus it saves a good $5 each time, easily. My shipments tend to be pretty small stuff like 1 or 2 Nendos so it's much more cost effective for me to be patient. :p

This is my way of thinking, but going from 2 weeks to 6 weeks now... I just always worry of things going missing, especially with no tracking number to back it up.

Bloodember

Ive never had customs go through my stuff, nor get charged any fees. I only use EMS, peace of mind and know where my stuff is at is worth the few extra dollars. Of course I do live in the US.

L95

Ive never had customs go through my stuff, nor get charged any fees. I only use EMS, peace of mind and know where my stuff is at is worth the few extra dollars. Of course I do live in the US.

IIRC, there are no custom.... things... charges? for collectibles in the United States, so you'll probably never be, from my understanding.

LiK

Registered SAL is the best. You get tracking but it's much cheaper than EMS and you only wait extra 1-2 weeks than EMS. I no longer use EMS unless the price difference with Registered SAL is minimal.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Registered SAL is the best. You get tracking but it's much cheaper than EMS and you only wait extra 1-2 weeks than EMS. I no longer use EMS unless the price difference with Registered SAL is minimal.

I might just do that. I don't need that fast of shipping, as long as it's cheap and that I DO receive it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Holy crap, umaru has a ton of accessories.

Also, for whatever reason my only 2 nendoroids involve sitting down and eating.

Replicant

The diff is only 5 bucks though. And you get peace of mind as it's tracked.

WonFES/Toy Fair catch up edition
WonFES event pages:
Wonder Festival 2016 [Winter] INDEX
wf2016w_index.jpg

-----------------------------------------------
Winter WonFest 2016: Nendoroids
WF2016WNendoroidsHeader-600x250.jpg

Pokemon Nendoroids Ash & Gary Are Happeningd
GARYYYYHeader-600x250.jpg

Winter WonFest 2016: Nendoroids
WF2016WNendoroidsHeader-600x250.jpg

Winter WonFest 2016: X-Plus’ Jack Frost
OMGHeader-600x250.jpg

Winter Joint Exhibition 2016: Good Smile Company & Co
HobbyThingHeader-600x250.jpg

Nendoroid En Yufuin
o0515048713568628164.jpg

From the anime series ‘Cute High Earth Defense Club Love!’ comes a Nendoroid of the Binan High School 3rd year student En Yufuin in his transformed form – Battle Lover Cerulean! He comes with three expression parts including his standard expression, a smiling expression and a sighing expression!Optional parts include his ‘Love Stick’ wand to display him firing out splash attacks, as well as parts that allow you to place him in his post transformation pose! A special bath-time body part is also included which allows you to display him relaxing at the Kurotamayu bath house as well! Enjoy all sorts of fun scenes from the series!
Nendoroid Satori Komeiji
o0515049013570676638.jpg

From the popular game series by Team Shanghai Alice, the ‘Touhou Project’ comes a Nendoroid of Satori Komeiji, the girl who can read the minds of others. She comes with three expressions including a standard expression, an expression with her eyes half-closed as well as an embarrassed expression.

Her pets Okuu and Orin are also both included, and she also comes with a red ransel backpack that she can wear on her back. Special hand parts are also included to create a joint pose with the previously announced Nendoroid Koishi Komeiji, so be sure to enjoy the Nendoroid Komeiji sisters together!
wf2016w_gscnendo-13.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-3.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-2.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-38.jpg

wf2016w_gscnendo-14.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-10.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-32.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-15.jpg

wf2016w_gscnendo-20.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-44.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-30.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-37.jpg

wf2016w_gscnendo-26.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-6.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-31.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-16.jpg

wf2016w_gscnendo-42.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-35.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-46.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-43.jpg

wf2016w_gscnendo-46-1.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-11.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-39.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-45.jpg

wf2016w_gscnendo-29.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-27.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-34.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-24.jpg

wf2016w_gscnendo-23.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-7.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-8.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-5.jpg

wf2016w_gscnendo-41.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-12.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-33.jpg
wf2016w_orangerougenendo-6.jpg

wf2016w_orangerougenendo-3.jpg
wf2016w_orangerougenendo-4.jpg
wf2016w_orangerougenendo-1.jpg

wf2016w_orangerougenendo-2.jpg
wf2016w_orangerougenendo-12.jpg
wf2016w_orangerougenendo-8.jpg
wf2016w_gscnendo-40.jpg

wf2016w_tomytecnendo-1.jpg
wf2016w_tomytecnendo-2.jpg

LiK

$5 is a lot considering how many preorders I have with AmiAmi. they're not gonna hold onto every preorder that's ready for payment. and Registered SAL is tracked as well and requires a signature. like I said, it's no different than EMS except it just takes longer to arrive. never had an issue with SAL Registered.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
$5 is a lot considering how many preorders I have with AmiAmi. they're not gonna hold onto every preorder that's ready for payment. and Registered SAL is tracked as well and requires a signature. like I said, it's no different than EMS except it just takes longer to arrive. never had an issue with SAL Registered.

I might just go registered SAL from now on, so I can at least track it.

L95

...? Registered sal also has tracking. Just takes longer. I usually go with registered because I like tracking. Though I don't go unregistered because that would make me very nervous, unless it's some cheap little trinket.

But yes, Red, Green, mew, and Elise will be mine.

Chorazin

Picked up some more display cases at Michael's this weekend, they were all 50% off. 😁 I'll be getting in display risers this week and then set up some new displays for my Nendos! I'm excited, and of course pics will be taken.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Red & Green are up for preorder.

Thanks got one! Wow they are pretty pricey! Then again, I guess there are two figures in it with a couple accessories. Yeah the Red with evolved starters are going to be pricey too :x

Well, at least my Kirby and Umaru trading figures came in today too! I really like the display set up for the Umaru boxes :)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
man, maybe I should wait for US one but i'll get these just in case.

Yeah I've started with the Japanese ones, so I've followed through and just kept getting them. At least the packaging and names are consistent, too. I also thought that if Red with the evolved starters is an NA exclusive, there's a chance Red/Green/Mew might end up being a Japanese exclusive.

Toki767

8100 yen? Man that's pricy.

Pre-ordered just in case. I hope the US Dollar to Japanese Yen exchange rate doesn't drop like a rock in 4 months.

Highwind

About to pre-order the red/green nendoroid.

Is Big in Japan a good forwarding service? This will be my first time doing this via forwarding.

I am also going to help a friend order this.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
About to pre-order the red/green nendoroid.

Is Big in Japan a good forwarding service? This will be my first time doing this via forwarding.

I am also going to help a friend order this.

That's what I use and haven't had a problem yet.

Top Bottom