• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nendoroid GAF |OT| Swap that frown for a Good Smile

Lexxism

While I don't know the answer, are you using a proxy service or a US P.O. box, as they only ship within the US.
Yup, I'm well aware of that. My friend in Chicago was willing to act as my proxy to send the package to me. I just need to check how much it will cost to deliver it from Chicago to Toronto using USPS.

Chorazin

That's not a Detolf. What kind of display case is that? Is it one of those one-off display I sometimes see on Amazon JP?

Nothing that fancy! It's a Basketball display case from Michael's, I picked three of them up last weekend when they were 50% off.

It fits into the cubes of my Ikea Expedit, and I found battery powered LED lights to stick on the "roof" of the cube.

Wanderer5

10432111_10204507969219203_7930428396939263685_n.jpg

Wanderer5

The size of a screen that we used to play on, put into perspective. (How did we not cross our eyes and go blind on such a tiny thing??)

Red's pretty happy and fine with it, tho.

Ha ha yeah I was taken back a bit when I had it be like that. DS games too a bit to a lesser extent.

Man if someone here has an extra Champion Red Nendo they don't want, please let me know since I missed out on it too. Good god, this is the second time! ><

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Huh looks like they are already shipping out Red! Ok, I'm definitely broke now :/ Was really banking on the release date of July :/

Wanderer5

Huh looks like they are already shipping out Red! Ok, I'm definitely broke now :/ Was really banking on the release date of July :/

It happened again? Cynthia and N had a issue of being a "preorder" and to be release a few months later, even through that not the case.

LiK

They shipped it out so fast that my buddy didn't even have time to change one of his orders to my shipping address lol

I bet we'll see a restock.

Chorazin

Mine says Shipping Soon, nice. They shipped Cynthia today so hopefully he's in the mail tomorrow. Gonna have to go to Michael's for another small display case!

EDIT: Wooooo, my Red shipped too!

The_Kid

So I need to store like 10 nenderoids until I have shelf space. If I put them in a sealed tote from Target, would the cramped space ever lead to enough heat to melt parts of them? Little paranoid about keeping them pristine.

So I need to store like 10 nenderoids until I have shelf space. If I put them in a sealed tote from Target, would the cramped space ever lead to enough heat to melt parts of them? Little paranoid about keeping them pristine.

Not unless you're planning to put the tote in an oven. But I wouldn't store it anywhere warm, like say, in an attic during the summer.

LiK

just keep them in a cool dry place. should be fine.

Managed to grab one of those Champion Red nendoroid from Pokemon Center, got the shipping notice this morning, too.

Going to be a pricey situation, though. High initial price, plus the amount that the fowarding service will add for delivery to Germany.

Still, less expensive than getting the first figure from eBay or other resellers.

I hope that this delivery service, Shipito, is valid ... or rather still valid. Back in 2014 i had to use them to get my first gen Pebble Steel, since the watch couldn't be officially sold in my country.

Chorazin

Red is out for delivery! Gonna open him up as soon as I get Cynthia, who should be here Thursday. Then to buy a display case so I can have them facing off. :-D

Those who already got their Champion Red, would you mind checking the weight of the box (with the figure and content) and it's dimensions?

I want to check how much of a rip-off the forwarding will be ... thanks. ^^

Meeps

If anyone missed Champion Red, in this month's official Pokemon newsletter it says that "more inventory will arrive throughout the year."

rrvv

I always on fence buying this. The problem is I never actually seen one that really catching my eyes. All of them is good. it just that I want something unique from the line >_>

Chorazin

I always on fence buying this. The problem is I never actually seen one that really catching my eyes. All of them is good. it just that I want something unique from the line >_>

You might want to look elsewhere, all Nendo's kinda follow the super chibi formula.

Chorazin

Ugh, I hate when I want to buy older Nendos (that aren't up on AmiAmi). The best way seems to be from sellers Fullfilled by Amazon, right?

If it's a bootleg I can always return it. Just super annoying to deal with.

Highwind

Wish they'd just fucking sell the Pokémon Nendos in Europe so I can give them money.

You like money right, TPCi? JUST SELL THE POKEMON NENDOS AND LET ME GIVE YOU SOME!

Either that or pay through the ass with resellers (which I don't wanna do given the price).

Vooduu

Wish they'd just fucking sell the Pokémon Nendos in Europe so I can give them money.

You like money right, TPCi? JUST SELL THE POKEMON NENDOS AND LET ME GIVE YOU SOME!

Either that or pay through the ass with resellers (which I don't wanna do given the price).

Which part of Europe?

Chorazin

Fuck it, ordered Halloween Miku and 2014 Snow Miku (my two grail Mikus) for probably too much on Amazon, fulfilled by them. I figure if they're boots I'll return them with a link to the bootleg guide and get my money back. I'm flush with tax return money!

Does your box have any dents

Not really, it's a glossy cardboard so it's got some lines but no real dents. It was packaged well!

Just use a fowarding service, like Shipito.com. Used them in 2014 for the first gen Pebble Steel, as they couldn't legally ship/sell it in Germany back then, and now i used them again for the Champion Red figurine.

They appear to be pretty reliable, you can go with another one of course.

Still, it's probably gonna rip your wallet a new hole ...

While on topic, i'll ask again:

Those of you who got their Reds already, could you tell my how large the dimensions of the box and the weight including the content?

I could need them to check how much the forwarding shipping costs will be. Thanks!

Highwind

Which part of Europe?

I live in the United Kingdom.

Just use a fowarding service, like Shipito.com. Used them in 2014 for the first gen Pebble Steel, as they couldn't legally ship/sell it in Germany back then, and now i used them again for the Champion Red figurine.

They appear to be pretty reliable, you can go with another one of course.

Still, it's probably gonna rip your wallet a new hole ...

While on topic, i'll ask again:

Those of you who got their Reds already, could you tell my how large the dimensions of the box and the weight including the content?

I could need them to check how much the forwarding shipping costs will be. Thanks!

I will look into it when Red is back in stock. Thanks.

1upsuper

My Red arrived today. Definitely helped lessen the sting of Amazon inexplicably canceling my Fire Emblem special edition. Came in a bigger box than I was expecting. Excited to open it soon!

Chorazin

2014 Snow Miku, Halloween Miku, and Cynthia out for delivery. ALL THE NENDOS TODAY!

My Red arrived today. Definitely helped lessen the sting of Amazon inexplicably canceling my Fire Emblem special edition. Came in a bigger box than I was expecting. Excited to open it soon!

Open it in a room with some ventilation, first Nendo I've gotten that reeks of paint!

Does anyone have the Nendoroid 425 Red and want to trade for the Champion Version? I ended up with two because I placed an order on each site and they fulfilled earlier than expected. PM if interested, as I don't check threads too often.

So, my Red arrived at the forwarding services' strorage, delivery to Germany with DHL Express (which surprisingly is the second cheapest!) is about 54,- $ ... plus the high price of the figurine itself.... poor wallet, where does it hurt?

Still, cheaper than getting the first Red Nendo from eBay.

Dear Pokemon Company / Nintendo ... EUROPE EXISTS, stop ignoring us.

Chorazin

Does anyone have the Nendoroid 425 Red and want to trade for the Champion Version? I ended up with two because I placed an order on each site and they fulfilled earlier than expected. PM if interested, as I don't check threads too often.

Champion Red is going to get restocks throughout the year. Might be best to just store him for a while and try and make this trade in a year or so. Good luck though!

Top Bottom