• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nendoroid GAF |OT| Swap that frown for a Good Smile

About to pre-order the red/green nendoroid.

Is Big in Japan a good forwarding service? This will be my first time doing this via forwarding.

I am also going to help a friend order this.

Big in Japan and Nippon-Yasan are the easiest proxies to order from as they don't require you to actually forward the item to another company before shipping outside of Japan. It's just like ordering from any other shop.

Chorazin

O8P0hGw.jpg

aXXCv2K.jpg

The lighting sucks in my living room, but I opened up two Mikus, Append Ver. and Hatchuneface! I really hate the old style base with Hatchune, it's some sort of weird cradle shaped for match the form of her dress that she straddles. Finished my small Miku display, I'll snap a pic of that tomorrow when I have decent light. 😁

The_Kid

Christ, the price for this is way higher than I thought. :X

I don't this is going to have stock problems similar to last time. Every nenderoid since then has been plentiful, and this one is super expensive to boot!

Chorazin

Haha, last night I finally ordered Cynthia since I keep forgetting about her, then they released Champ Red today.

Ordered! 😁😁

Vooduu

Christ, the price for this is way higher than I thought. :X

I don't this is going to have stock problems similar to last time. Every nenderoid since then has been plentiful, and this one is super expensive to boot!

And they just sold out LOL.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
The price is not right.

And it's sold out anyway lol

Even in the Nendo OT people thought it was high? 1 human is usually 40ish, so adding 3 other full sized pieces plus attack pieces is too much?

$100 is nothing compared to whatever people are doing on eBay now... I feel like there's going to be a TON of regret for many people soon.

Quonny

It's $100 for one Nendoroid and three "Nendoroids". There are like five parts for Red and two for the others.

$100 = ~11.5k Yen. For 11k you can get three full blown Nendos with twelve parts each, some with multiple bodies, etc.

But that's the Pokemon tax, I suppose. I'd rather get a full blown, detailed scale for that price. Or three of those GEM Pokemon figures.

Chorazin

It's $100 for one Nendoroid and three "Nendoroids". There are like five parts for Red and two for the others.

$100 = ~11.5k Yen. For 11k you can get three full blown Nendos with twelve parts each, some with multiple bodies, etc.

But that's the Pokemon tax, I suppose. I'd rather get a full blown, detailed scale for that price. Or three of those GEM Pokemon figures.

I disagree. Since a lot of those parts are only different because of paint apps between figures they can sell them at a lower price. This is one Nendoroid and three fully custom, brand new figures they had no moulds for. I think it's a pretty fair deal.

But it's moot now since it sold out, and they'll be two or three times the price on eBay by now.

Quonny

Cynthia and N both came with a Pokemon and were $50.

You're literally paying $50 for two static little Pokemon with repainted KanColle accessories.

It's expensive. I mean, if you want to buy them, go ahead (well, if they weren't sold out). I'm just saying I don't think it's a good value. I'm responding to the person who was surprised at the price backlash. You can buy whatever you want. I paid almost $200 for an Elin figure, after all.

Wanderer5

It was $100? Yikes, that would be hard to swallow even if I already didn't have Red.

It already sold out through lol? Better get another stock.

Lexxism

What Cynthia is available? Damn, I wanna get one but they dont ship to Canada. Plus, I wonder how much it will cost me to ship it here? Ugh decisions

LiK

fucking hell, i missed out on Champion Red. hope they restock.

wish someone on GAF didn't make a thread in Gaming. that didn't help....

Eusis

fucking hell, i missed out on Champion Red. hope they restock.

wish someone on GAF didn't make a thread in Gaming. that didn't help....
If I had a higher income I would've been part of the problem. And it'd be my first Nendoroid for that matter.

As is I'll just keep thinking about how nice it'd be to get Estelle/Renne someday.

LiK

If I had a higher income I would've been part of the problem. And it'd be my first Nendoroid for that matter.

As is I'll just keep thinking about how nice it'd be to get Estelle/Renne someday.

i own every single one now even tho i don't care for the games. i must complete my collection!

LiK

the worst thing is i happen to go to bed 30 min before they posted the preorders. would've gotten it if i simply stayed up a lil bit longer.

edit: i emailed Pokemon Center support and asked if it'll be restocked. Hope they know.

i just checked eBay and i feel sick looking at those scalper prices.

The_Kid

I think they don't, only Amazon.com does. Still need to look for some cheap proxies though in case they restock >.>

Typically I am willing to act as a proxy for people for a small fee (usually around $20). Since shipping is free in U.S. Youd just have to pay for shipping to Canada.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
BTW on the Pokemon Twitch channel, they actually have an opened copy of the new Nendo in the background if you want to check it out. I don't see how that could not be more expensive with people talking about it being so expensive. Not like Nendos were ever cheap, anyways :p

LiK

woohoo, another Gaffer and buddy is willing to sell me a second one he ordered. at least i don't need to worry about a restock anymore.

Davedevil

Neo Member
All my unopened nendos (+ some figmas)... yet I keep buying more.

Eventually when I have more space they will be opened, but until then <_<

I have over a hundred nendoroids and I'd say more than 85% are still sealed. I will open them when I have more space is what I tell myself as I buy more and more. I have a problem.

Top Bottom