• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nendoroid GAF |OT| Swap that frown for a Good Smile

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Thanks to a few people enabling me, I now have 12 nendoroids. How should I store the spare parts? I only opened one of them last month and have Raiden from MGS 2 on my PS4.

I have Jack Frost and Umaru on the way soon.

As mentioned before; hobby boxes :p Might need a bigger box for the larger parts though.

Nendoroid_Heads_1b.jpg

JulianImp

They are legit. I bought like 10 nendos from them. They have unopened (bascially brand new but with some dents in the box) and opened stuff so you might want to double check the conditions or missing parts before making the order.

Good to know. I'm still wary about ordering anything and having it shipped to Argentina, but I guess I'll have to try it someday. How should I go about having it shipped when it's possible it might get "lost" in customs? Would insurance protect me from it vanishing in transit, or am I out of luck if such a thing happens? Mandarake being so explicit about no returns and ordering at my own risk makes it look like it'd be a lot harder for me to do anything if the items don't arrive as opposed to Amazon, even though the latter apparently doesn't even want to ship figures to Argentina anyway.

figinstock is your friend. It's how I found Mayoi on Mandarake a few months ago (she goes for around 10k yen).

Interesting. I'm seeing several for 8K, but I don't plan on buying her right now since I just bought Senjougahara off of Amazon. I'm still waiting for them to charge my credit card though, so I hope there's no weird issue that results in my purchase not being completed or something.

Still, it's a shame to see her nendo originally cost 3,500 yen plus tax.

How do I cancel an Amiami order? Google is telling me nothing!
(I want to cancel my MM Link pre-order)

contact us on the website, fill out the form, give them the order number, make up a sob story as to why you want to cancel something, reference the item if there's more than one item in the order, hope they cancel the order

JulianImp

Gahara nendo just arrived the my dad in the US, and it's the full box with the extra stuff inside (not that it's much, though)!

Now I've got to wait a month or two more for him to come visit, but I guess I could also end up getting Hachikuji mailed to him in the meantime if I happen to find her for a decent price. Mandarake has her listed for 8,000 yen plus shipping, which would end up at around 10K yen, and that's a bit above the price range I'm willing to pay for her (after all, I ended up getting Gahara for $66 and she was a premium nendo).

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing new for me, but my Isabelle reprint got delayed a month of course :( Every time I get an AmiAmi delay email, it's always for a Nendo. Sucks cause I have like, 3 figures already on order for next month. I was having issues with adding it to that bundle, but whatever.

Nendroid GAF, does anyone know if the Playsets are compatible with the nendroid puchi series? I would like to get the Cultural Festival playset with the piano and other instruments but would the instruments be too big for the nendroids, or just right? I would like to have a nendroid sit on the piano bench in front of the grand piano.

Totally clueless here...I've been bitten by the nendroid bug and I've just ordered Princess of the Crystal with her 3 penguins from Mawaru Penguindrum. Btw, I've only ever bought 1 other nendroid in my whole life many years ago (and I think it might have been a bootleg) and I had no idea how to make the figure stand upright so it ended up gathering dust somewhere.... There were these plastic thingies but they didn't have enough grip to keep Sebastian-nendroid up. What's the deal???

Chorazin

Nendroid GAF, does anyone know if the Playsets are compatible with the nendroid puchi series? I would like to get the Cultural Festival playset with the piano and other instruments but would the instruments be too big for the nendroids, or just right? I would like to have a nendroid sit on the piano bench in front of the grand piano.

Totally clueless here...I've been bitten by the nendroid bug and I've just ordered Princess of the Crystal with her 3 penguins from Mawaru Penguindrum. Btw, I've only ever bought 1 other nendroid in my whole life many years ago (and I think it might have been a bootleg) and I had no idea how to make the figure stand upright so it ended up gathering dust somewhere.... There were these plastic thingies but they didn't have enough grip to keep Sebastian-nendroid up. What's the deal???

The Nendoroid Puchi/Petite series are able half the size of standard Nendos, so that's not going to work so well.

If you bought a bootleg, that would be why. With real Nendos an instruction sheet is included that shows you how to attach the stand. Never had one that couldn't hold up it's Nendoroid!

Theonik

If you bought a bootleg, that would be why. With real Nendos an instruction sheet is included that shows you how to attach the stand. Never had one that couldn't hold up it's Nendoroid!
There is actually several Nendoroid stand designs out there. The early nendoroid stands especially were really bad but some others have fairly exotic ones as well. My Rico (Dog ays) Nendoroid uses a magnetic stand for instance.

JulianImp

There is actually several Nendoroid stand designs out there. The early nendoroid stands especially were really bad but some others have fairly exotic ones as well. My Rico (Dog ays) Nendoroid uses a magnetic stand for instance.

It seems like the Gahara nendo is also non-standard in that the stand plugs into her hair rather than her body, for instance.

And I'm still waiting for a decent price on Hachikuji... guess I'll get on eventually.

The Nendoroid Puchi/Petite series are able half the size of standard Nendos, so that's not going to work so well.

Thanks a lot! That cleared some stuff up. By the way, is there a way to know if a Nendoroid can sit? Not all of them can sit, right?

To truly sit they have to come with an extra hip piece. Otherwise they just sort of lean and you can place them in an approximation of sitting.

Ohh, I see... is it possible to mix and match parts from different characters? Can I get a hip piece (and maybe a body to go with it) from one character and place the head of another character? I really want to make a certain nendoroid sit!

Ohh, I see... is it possible to mix and match parts from different characters? Can I get a hip piece (and maybe a body to go with it) from one character and place the head of another character? I really want to make a certain nendoroid sit!

Yeah, absolutely but the hip might not always match. I could grab the sitting piece from my Totori Nendo and attach it to Link for examples and he'd be sitting but with frilly bloomers and a skirt on, haha.

But yeah, most parts and accessories are interchangeable.

Yeah, absolutely but the hip might not always match. I could grab the sitting piece from my Totori Nendo and attach it to Link for examples and he'd be sitting but with frilly bloomers and a skirt on, haha.

But yeah, most parts and accessories are interchangeable.

Thanks a lot! This made nendoroid shopping much easier :)

Chorazin

Oh definitely, just never found one that didn't hold up it's Nendo. The one for the Bodacious Space Pirates girl has a magnetic holder too, works well!

I'm not a fan of the really old style that is molded to the character's skirt (like what comes with Hatchune Face Miku) but it works well enough.

The_Kid

Weird question but does anyone know if Strapya World is a legit site? I tracked down something I wanted on there but am hesitant to pull the trigger.

Chorazin

Weird question but does anyone know if Strapya World is a legit site? I tracked down something I wanted on there but am hesitant to pull the trigger.

Yeah, they're legit. I ordered a bunch of stuff from them a while back and it was all on the up and up.

Theonik

Oh definitely, just never found one that didn't hold up it's Nendo. The one for the Bodacious Space Pirates girl has a magnetic holder too, works well!

I'm not a fan of the really old style that is molded to the character's skirt (like what comes with Hatchune Face Miku) but it works well enough.
Some come pretty close. The Sakura one is really top heavy for instance.

Is Nendo Co-de basically just a nendo figure but with less changeable parts? Planning to get Breathe With You Miku, she's so cute.

From what I've gathered poking around the Good Smile website, that's what they are. Their parts are fully interchangeable within the Co-de series and they can also be used with the regular nendoroids. Coupled with the cheaper price and limited parts, I consider them the "economy" nendoroid version.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just bought 4 used Nendoroids that my friend will be bringing me from Japan early this May. I'm so excited! My main reason for wanting nendoroids is for dioramas. I've scrapped the idea of buying the official playsets as they're OOP and cost an arm and a leg, so I've decided to make my own. I'd like to start working on a diorama while waiting for my nendos to arrive. What would you consider an ideal height for a diorama? Double the height of a nendoroid (so 200 cm) or is that too tall?

Wanderer5

Wooo looks like Marth is shipping out on the 10th of May, so no delay for him or such. Going to have to wait till later in the month or early June, but looking forward to him.

JulianImp

I've just bought 4 used Nendoroids that my friend will be bringing me from Japan early this May. I'm so excited! My main reason for wanting nendoroids is for dioramas. I've scrapped the idea of buying the official playsets as they're OOP and cost an arm and a leg, so I've decided to make my own. I'd like to start working on a diorama while waiting for my nendos to arrive. What would you consider an ideal height for a diorama? Double the height of a nendoroid (so 200 cm) or is that too tall?

羨ましい! My friend who went to Japan apparently couldn't find me anything Monogatari, which is why I ended up ordering Gahara from Amazon instead.

Does anyone know how things would go if I somehow ordered a Nendo through Amazon to have it delievered to Argentina and it doesn't arrive for some reason? Would Amazon be able to grant me a refund, or would I be out of luck if that happened? Also, would it make a difference whether the order's fulfilled by Amazon or not?

In lieu of Hachikuji, I might end up biting the bullet on a second nendo soon, which will probably end up being either WW Link (because the Nendo style works great for him) or Hanekawa (because she's relatively cheap for Monogatari nendos and I could have her and Gahara share arm/leg parts since they both wear the same uniform).

Does anyone know how things would go if I somehow ordered a Nendo through Amazon to have it delievered to Argentina and it doesn't arrive for some reason? Would Amazon be able to grant me a refund, or would I be out of luck if that happened? Also, would it make a difference whether the order's fulfilled by Amazon or not?

If the package is lost then you can ask for refund in both cases, though it will be much easier and less time consuming if it's fulfilled by Amazon.

JulianImp

So I succumbed to temptation and bought Hanekawa to keep Senjougahara company... at least I also made sure to order Arduino parts alongside it to make sure I was catering to some hobbies with more useful applications instead of just spending money on stockpiling figures.

I also realized that it looks like the Monogatari figures only cover Bake, which might explain why we haven't gotten the fire sisters, Kaiki, Yotsugi, etc. Still, it's been quite a while since the last Monogatari nendo was released, right?

JulianImp

Hanekawa arrived safe and sound last week, so I'll be geting both by next week.

Still, I wonder why no Nise nendos have been released yet... the latest release was Koyomi in September 2014, which was quite a while ago. A poseable Ononoki would be great, and I'd obviously be all over Kaiki if he ever got released.

Top Bottom