• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nendoroid GAF |OT| Swap that frown for a Good Smile

Nendos everywhere :p

CeixSftXIAATN9l.jpg

Busaiku

Ugh, I need to stop ordering from Good Smile.
I end forgetting I placed an order there, and put one through AmiAmi twice now.
I placed the AmiAmi order a week or two after the Good Smile one was supposed to ship, but I got them both on the same day (both EMS).

All for a strap...

The_Kid

I'm seriously considering canceling my amiami. I racked up a bunch of orders there like 6 months ago that I have no interest in now, so I have to sell them to ebay after getting them to keep my account. Dumb.

Theonik

I'm seriously considering canceling my amiami. I racked up a bunch of orders there like 6 months ago that I have no interest in now, so I have to sell them to ebay after getting them to keep my account. Dumb.
It's the problem with how the figure industry works. I don't tend to normally pre-order things for this reason. Asking me to keep track of stuff and then wait several months in advance is pretty rough.

AmiAmi only stays in business by guilt-tripping their customers. :O

Quonny

Email them and ask for a full wipe.

Then only re-order what you really want.

I did it about 6 months ago.

At some point this happens, it happened to me for sure. Email them and just tell the truth and tell them to wipe your orders out. They won't let you cherry pick, it's either keep it all or cancel it all. Sounds like you won't have a issue with that part at least. Just take a break or step away.

The_Kid

Is it possible to reorder the 2 or 3 I actually do want? Or will they just consider me a not serious customer and cancel them for me?

At some point this happens, it happened to me for sure. Email them and just tell the truth and tell them to wipe your orders out. They won't let you cherry pick, it's either keep it all or cancel it all. Sounds like you won't have a issue with that part at least. Just take a break or step away.

When that happened for me, I'd already been able to re-order the things I really wanted at other retailers, so I was happy to see all my AmiAmi orders wiped clean.

Chorazin

Got all the Series 6 Miku Nendoroid Petites at an anime con this weekend, this could be a dangerous new addition to the collection. The dealer was super cool, since they're not sealed he went through them to make sure I got the full set!

Chorazin

Thanks for the reminder to check AmiAmi! They had both Modoka and Asuna Nendos in the pre-owned section, snagged them to ship with Saitama later in the month! WOOHOO!!!

Is it possible to reorder the 2 or 3 I actually do want? Or will they just consider me a not serious customer and cancel them for me?

Wipe your orders then just order what you really really want again. They won't fight it unless they ban you and I seriously doubt that will happen.

JulianImp

Subbing since I guess I'll be joining the ranks of nendoGAF once my Gahara arrives. I'll also be on the lookout for more Monogatari releases if they ever come. I guess Ononoki would be nice, and Ougi could be a possibility as well. I'd really like getting a Hachikuji nendo, but paying over $90 or ¥8K is too rich for my blood.

Chorazin

Subbing since I guess I'll be joining the ranks of nendoGAF once my Gahara arrives. I'll also be on the lookout for more Monogatari releases if they ever come. I guess Ononoki would be nice, and Ougi could be a possibility as well. I'd really like getting a Hachikuji nendo, but paying over $90 or ¥8K is too rich for my blood.

8K yen would only be like $72 bucks or so. Go for it!

JulianImp

8K yen would only be like $72 bucks or so. Go for it!

Except Amazon JP apparently doesn't allow me to ship her neither to the US (where a relative could pick the package up for me) nor to Argentina (lol). Gahara cost me $66 fulfilled by Amazon (US) which I think is fair since she originally cost ¥5K, but Hachikuji originally cost ¥3.5K, so I don't feel all that sure about paying over twice that amount for her.

The rest of the girls are all kind of meh, I'd say. I'd only pick Ononoki up because she has a completely different design, Ougi because he/she/it's creepy, or Kaiki because he's Kaiki. Koyomi's kind of decent, but $80 for him is again more than what I'd be willing to pay.

Chorazin

Except Amazon JP apparently doesn't allow me to ship her neither to the US (where a relative could pick the package up for me) nor to Argentina (lol). Gahara cost me $66 fulfilled by Amazon (US) which I think is fair since she originally cost ¥5K, but Hachikuji originally cost ¥3.5K, so I don't feel all that sure about paying over twice that amount for her.

The rest of the girls are all kind of meh, I'd say. I'd only pick Ononoki up because she has a completely different design, Ougi because he/she/it's creepy, or Kaiki because he's Kaiki. Koyomi's kind of decent, but $80 for him is again more than what I'd be willing to pay.

AmiAmi all day bruh. Stalk the pre-owned section, if the figure rating is A the box was never even opened.

Thanks to a few people enabling me, I now have 12 nendoroids. How should I store the spare parts? I only opened one of them last month and have Raiden from MGS 2 on my PS4.

I have Jack Frost and Umaru on the way soon.

Chorazin

Thanks to a few people enabling me, I now have 12 nendoroids. How should I store the spare parts? I only opened one of them last month and have Raiden from MGS 2 on my PS4.

I have Jack Frost and Umaru on the way soon.

Plano hobby boxes! You can get them at Walmart, might be hiding in the fishing section since they're super popular with fishermen. Amazon too, of course.

JulianImp

AmiAmi all day bruh. Stalk the pre-owned section, if the figure rating is A the box was never even opened.

But are there any chances that I'd happen to find a nendo such as Hachikuji's, which was released on Jan 2014?

Also, what's with AmiAmi constantly displaying out of stock items? A filter would make sifting through the items you can't even get a lot easier, IMO.

But are there any chances that I'd happen to find a nendo such as Hachikuji's, which was released on Jan 2014?

Also, what's with AmiAmi constantly displaying out of stock items? A filter would make sifting through the items you can't even get a lot easier, IMO.

For "used" stuff, you may want to check Mandarake, though the price isn't much cheaper for rare ones.

Chorazin

I have Nendos from before that I got through their used section, never been open and totally mint, even if the boxes had a little wear to them. Just gotta check a few times a week.

JulianImp

For "used" stuff, you may want to check Mandarake, though the price isn't much cheaper for rare ones.

Yeah, they do have a couple Mayois in there, but all those "order at your own risk" disclaimers, their "picture is for reference, please call for any inquiries about the in-stock product" and their no returns policy certainly doesn't help me think of them as a trustworthy place for ordering stuff. Anyone have any experience ordering from them that they could share with me?

I'm glad they do have a filter for out of stock items, but a quick browse through their Monogatari stock made me wish they had a 18+ filter as well.

Yeah, they do have a couple Mayois in there, but all those "order at your own risk" disclaimers, their "picture is for reference, please call for any inquiries about the in-stock product" and their no returns policy certainly doesn't help me think of them as a trustworthy place for ordering stuff. Anyone have any experience ordering from them that they could share with me?

I'm glad they do have a filter for out of stock items, but a quick browse through their Monogatari stock made me wish they had a 18+ filter as well.

They are legit. I bought like 10 nendos from them. They have unopened (bascially brand new but with some dents in the box) and opened stuff so you might want to double check the conditions or missing parts before making the order.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

figinstock is your friend. It's how I found Mayoi on Mandarake a few months ago (she goes for around 10k yen).

Top Bottom