• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nendoroid GAF |OT| Swap that frown for a Good Smile

Wheres a good place to buy nendoroids? I only looked at ebay and amazon but I don't know how trustworthy those sellers are.

I love AmiAmi if you are ok with importing things. Shipping can be a little high and if you live in certain countries you can get taxed but they are a great source to buy them when they release for a discount.

Clov

Wheres a good place to buy nendoroids? I only looked at ebay and amazon but I don't know how trustworthy those sellers are.

I use AmiAmi. You'll be able to get them right from Japan that way, so you won't need to go through any resellers. Plus the Yen is low right now, so it'll be cheaper.

On a different note, I've been waiting almost a month for my Toshino Kyouko Nendoroid to get here. Only time I remember it taking this long before was years ago when my Ryougi Shiki Nendoroid shipped during the holidays. I hope this isn't the one time that shipping using unregistered SAL screws me over. :(

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

If you are from the US, AmiAmi is best due to the low value of the Yen right now. I'm even skipping Amazon for some because some figures come out to like $10 cheaper! (That is, when figures like SH Figuarts also have localized versions).

SmithnCo

Amazon isn't too bad, as long as you check the feedback and don't order from Hong Kong, obviously.

But you'll want to definitely go with Amiami if possible to lock in the best price.

arue

So what Nendos are you all getting this month?
A not-nendoroid Chrom. (A charaform still counts... right?)
236424.jpg

Meanwhile, today's nendoroid delivery:
Tomoe Mami

Kiryuin Satsuki

Jack Frost! Got him for 6000 jpy + proxy

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
No other Nendos for me this month, besides the BRS I showed on the last page that I got at a con. Everything coming in this month are Figmas and Megahouse (GEM) figures.

Next month however will be my Snow Miku and Cynthia/Garchomp^^

Veitsev

Some advice..

Amazon is safe if its fulfilled by Amazon. Amazon will back you up if the item turns out to be a bootleg or (more likely) if it ends up being a clearly used product marked as new.

Ebay can be safe. I have ordered plenty from them before, but I would stick to sellers in the US. Never buy anything being shipped from China. Never buy a figure if its just a stock image. Generally if it is a anime specialty dealer or a small time user (with a history of selling such goods in the past) you are safe. Animeshumi is one bigger seller on there I can confirm is legit.

As for stateside dealers in the U.S.

Rightstuf is the default store for anything anime. They have the best sales every year in December. Their nendoroid selection is limited and tend to go out of stock quickly but they are fantastic.

Crunchyroll is safe. The downside with them is that they can take absolutely forever to ship you your product. Expect delays and frustration but you will eventually get the item.

Nakama Toys is a small anime retailer located in Chicago. They are an official Good Smile partner. They don't tend to keep any old figures in stock but they are a good place to order from if you are looking for a new figure/preorder. Ordering from them was a breeze. They actually shipped the item like two hours after I ordered it and it was packaged immaculately.

You can also trust Robert's Anime Corner and Big Bad Toy Store. They only sell legit goods. RAC is a great enthusiast site. They have gone as far as to commission their own mascot anime girls for different departments and will even ship you a chocolate coin with one of them on it (their logo) with every purchase. Big Bad Toy Store is big on providing items in top condition and will even give you options to ensure the product/packaging is mint.

Generally I would also recommend checking out any figure on myfigurecollection.net before purchase. If a figure has an active counterfeit in the wild then it will be listed on the figure's page with photos of what the bootlegs look like. Nendoroid bootlegging isn't really all that common but it can happen for the really big name figures. They also list stores (mostly importers) that have been verified by the user base and can be trusted.

Replicant

I regret not ordering Sakura Miku. I didn't know it's different from Sakura Mikudayo, which freaks the fuck out of me. All Mikudayo line freaks the crap out of me.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I regret not ordering Sakura Miku. I didn't know it's different from Sakura Mikudayo, which freaks the fuck out of me. All Mikudayo line freaks the crap out of me.

I'm honestly not a fan of their chubby baby faces. It goes beyond chibi, somehow.

Replicant

I'm honestly not a fan of their chubby baby faces. It goes beyond chibi, somehow.

There's something psychotic about their look. Like it's going to try to kill me while I'm asleep. I blame this paranoia on that disturbing GIF that everyone keeps posting here. You know, the one where she busted a wall while still smiling eerily.

Nendoroid KAITO: Senbonzakura Ver.
Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

June starts today! Eh?! It’s already June?!
We’re already headed into the rainy season! _:(´ཀ`」 ∠):_

Anyway, today I’m going to be taking a look at…

Nendoroid KAITO: Senbonzakura Ver.!
o0515068313324229604.jpg

A Nendoroid of KAITO based on the outfit he wore in the song ‘Senbonzakura’ by Kurousa-P! He comes with a slightly mischievous smile a much more tense, serious expression. His military uniform featuring the snow family crest has been carefully miniaturized into Nendoroid size while still ensuring he looks dashing and confident even in chibi size! His sword ‘Sessei’ is also included to display him in ready to fight!

Using the specially included leg parts, you can also pose him standing up without the need of the display arm. Be sure to display him together with the previously released ‘Nendoroid Hatsune Miku: Senbonzakura Ver.’! ♪
Oooooooohhhh!! (´□`。)

The commanding officer of the Kamigakari Special Sakura Squad is joining the Nendoroids! ♪

Those of you who had tuned in to last weeks Hatsune Miku no Jikan 8 or Kahotan Station: May Edition will have already got a good look at him… but now he is finally headed toward preorders! His uniform is so adorable and features the beautiful snowflake patterns all over the sleeves – as well as on his hat! His smile and salute are also more than enough to brighten up my day! (/ω\)

However! This KAITO is about more than just his smile!!
o0515055213324284100.jpg

He can be posed in a rather different pose too!

This KAITO is after all the commanding officer of the Kamigakari Special Sakura Squad! He needed a more serious expression!! ♥︎

The planner behind this figure was Hamako, who is a huge Vocaloid fan, and she put a lot of thought into getting as many fans to love KAITO-niisan as possible! I for one find his smile as well as his cool and composed expression both amazing!

This is actually the second figure from the song ‘Senbonzakura’ following on from Nendoroid Hatsune Miku: Senbonzakura Ver.! ♪
o0515037013324314958.jpg

The muted colors bring out the Japanese feel of the designs and also bring out the Senbonzakura universe so nicely! (‘-’*)(,_,*)(‘-’*)(,_,*)

I decided I had to a back-to-back shot of KAITO and Nendoroid Hatsune Miku: Senbonzakura Ver. , who is currently on sale! ☆
o0515045213323764635.jpg

△ Just like Miku, KAITO’s hat can be completely removed. ♪

I really love this pose! It’s like they are defending each others backs as they ready for combat! (●´ω`●)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Nendoroid Eclair Martinozzi

Sometimes I get this strange compulsion to eat custard cream! Whenever it comes I run down to the convenience store and stock up on cream puffs and éclairs!
*nom* (○´ㅂ`○) *nom*

Anyway, today I’m going to be taking a look at…

Nendoroid Eclair Martinozzi! ♡
o0515051713325543677.jpg

From the anime series DOGDAYS” comes a Nendoroid of Eclair Martinozzi, the leader of the Biscotti Knights Praetorian Guards unit who protect Millhiore.

She comes with three expressions including a cute smiling expression, a more serious combat expression as well as a flustered expression with blushing cheeks. Optional parts include the two short swords she dual wields as well as emblem parts. Enjoy both the cute and confident sides of Eclair from the series!
Eclair!!!! (*´Д`)

The dual-wielding leader of the Biscotti Knights Praetorian Guards unit who protect Millhiore! Eclair Martinozzi is joining the Nendoroids! The painted figure was on display last month for the first time at the ‘DOG DAYS Special Show – Flonya Fes 2015 -’! Now she is almost ready for preorders! She looks so awesome holding her two swords with that smile on her face!

The unique colors of her outfit, armored parts on her wrists and belt around her hips are all so detailed! Not to mention those adorable fluffy looking ears! ♥︎

This is how she looks from the back! (σ・∀・)σ
o0515052013325543679.jpg

Her soft looking green hair with one strand sticking out at the front! Plus a lovely bushy tail! ε=(。・д・。)

The sticking up hair isn’t stuck in place either, so you can twist it into various positions to better match your poses! Anyway, as the leader of the Biscotti Knights Praetorian Guards unit, it only makes sense to display her with the previously released Nendoroid Hime-sama! ☆
o0515040013325543678.jpg

---------
Here Ecliar is looking upon Millhi with a gentle smile, but she also comes with two other expression parts! ヽ(*・ω・)人(・ω・*)ノ
“Who the heck are you?! “
o0515052913325543680.jpg

Posed as if she had just seen a suspicious figure approaching the Princess!

This is her combat expression!!

The difference between the gentle smiling expression and the confidence and power behind this expression is really lovely! (●´ω`●)
She also comes with Emblem Arts effect parts!
o0515052613325543973.jpg

This way you can choose to pose her fighting with her weapons or with Emblem Arts! Simply pick the variation you think suits her better!

Her third expression is a flustered expression with blushing cheeks!♥︎
o0515038613325543972.jpg

Aww!!! She’s just too cute!!

This allows you to easily recreate various tsundere scenes! How could anybody not think that this kind of embarrassed, flustered expression isn’t cute?!

By the way, her tail can be moved from left to right… which means you can even pose her wagging her tail when she’s happy! ★
o0515040013325545956.gif

△ When Eclair just can’t hide her excitement!
Nendoroid Co-de: Shion Todo
“Nice to meet you! Let’s Go!”
o0515056513326795329.jpg

Today I’m going to be taking a look at…

Nendoroid Co-de: Shion Todo:

Baby Monster Cyalume Co-de & Eternal Punk Co-de!
o0515049813326794386.jpg

△ Left: Eternal Punk Co-de / Right: Baby Monster Cyalume Co-de
From the popular anime series ‘PriPara’ comes Nendoroid Co-de figures of Shion Todo wearing her Eternal Punk Co-de and Baby Monster Cyalume Co-de! Be sure to display her together with the previously announced ‘SoLaMi?SMILE’ characters as well as Dorothy and Leona who are coming up soon! Swapping outfits between characters will allow for all sorts of interesting combinations! ♪
Ooooooohhh!! (´□`。)

The cool and composed member of Dressing Pafé who reached the top of the Go world and is now aiming for the top of the Pripara world! Now she is joining the Nendoroid Co-de series!! Her characteristic side ponytail and straightforward, confident eyes have been miniaturized into Nendoroid size perfectly! Not to mention the details on the outfits themselves!! (`・ω・´)ゞ

Let’s take a closer look at each of them! ♪

Nendoroid Co-de: Shion Todo – Baby Monster Cyalume Co-de
o0515055513326795330.jpg

“Stereo Full Blast! 2×3 = Rock!”

A three-layered skirt and the adorable bat-wing hair accessory! The black, white, purple and light blue color scheme is so pleasing to look at! Plus she is placed in one of her most well known poses! ♡

Even in Nendoroid size Shion’s features really stand out and bring out her character nicely! Plus…

Her belly button is sticking out!
o0515042413326795328.jpg

The Baby Monster brand has a punky, cool style – which means her belly button can stick out! But the fact that this is the Nendoroid Co-de series also means that it’s not just her belly button that is sticking out! It can be anyone’s!
o0515047313326795054.jpg

Ahh!! She’s too cute!!! (/ω\)

The punky look makes her winking expression look more mischievous!! It suits rather well!

Nendoroid Co-de: Shion Todo – Eternal Punk Co-de
o0515050713326794636.jpg

“Let’s Go!”

This outfit doesn’t show as much skin, but it certainly has it’s own charm! ♪

The legs are also wearing tights which is a first for the Co-de series! The heart shapes all over the design are so adorable! The SoLaMi♥SMILE characters were all about the ribbons, making the heart shapes a nice refreshing change! ♪
o0515043313326794633.jpg

Look at the way each of the color changes of her skirt is rounded at the bottom! ♥︎

The jacket-style of her top also gives her a more mature feeling compared with the previous outfit! Personally it makes me want to try and pose it together with the Sophie with the mini top hat! Let’s give it a go!
o0515054913326794634.jpg

It suits you so well, Sophie-sama!! ヽ(。´ω`。)ノ

The outfit reminds me of those sued in drum and fife bands! ♪ I also think matching everyone up in this outfit would be super cute!

Let’s stop here for a second for…

A Quick Nendoroid Co-de Recap!
o0515025313222357858.jpg

Nendoroid Co-de is a new addition to the Nendoroid series based on the theme of dressing-up characters! The figures have fixed poses and each come with four parts – the head, upper garment, lower garment and shoes. Each of these parts can be swapped between characters allowing for all sorts of possibilities. The more you collect, the more dress-up options become available to you!

Nendoroid Nozomi Tojo

I sometimes believe in horoscopes! There is one magazine that releases a special horoscopes section for each half of the year. I always make sure to buy that!

Anyway, today I’m going to be taking a look at this birthday girl!

Nendoroid Nozomi Tojo ♡
o0515046513327310042.jpg

From the popular anime series ‘LoveLive!’ comes a Nendoroid of the spiritual girl who takes things at her own pace, Nozomi Tojo! She has been sculpted wearing her outfit used in the song ‘Bokura wa Ima no Naka de’.

Nozomi comes with both a friendly smiling expression as well as a mischievous grin to choose from. Special arm parts are also included to display her ready to use her ‘Washi Washi MAX’ attack! She also comes with tarot card parts to bring out her spiritual side! Be sure to display her with all the other Nendoroid members of μ’s!
Nontaaaaan!!! (´□`。)

The third year student at Otonokizaka High School, and member of the μ’s school idol project who always keeps a warm watch over everyone else! Nozomi Tojo is joining the Nendoroids! This also of course means that all nine of the μ’s members have finally all come together in Nendoroid form! ★

Her sweet smile is absolutely adorable, but also note the details of her outfit! The ribbons and frills on her blouse and skirt are sculpted so intricately!! (σ・∀・)σ
o0515042913328079438.jpg

Plus even as a Nendoroid, her bust is very noticeable! Look how the suspenders are lifted up around them!

This is how she looks from the back! (。・ω・)ノ゙
o0515042113327310548.jpg

The two pigtails are also attached with Nendoroid joints allowing you to easily match them with various poses! I personally love the way her hair is all bunched up at the two tied up areas!

Anyway, as I mentioned earlier,

Nontan’s arrival means that all nine μ’s members have become Nendoroids!!

It will unfortunately still be a few months until they all arrive in everyone’s collections, but now you have the opportunity to recreate the full ‘Bokura wa Ima no Naka de’ stage in your Nendoroid collection! ヽ(*・ω・)人(・ω・*)ノ

I’m glad all nine of them have been announced without problems!

Whenever I see everyone’s photos of the μ’s members on Twitter and whatnot, I always feel warm and happy inside! Thanks to everyone for enjoying them so much!!

~♪ Goal da ne~♪
o0515043113327310045.jpg

… that part! <&#9675;><&#9675;>

The LoveLive! Nendoroids all allow for many poses seen directly from the opening animation, and they’re all a lot of fun to make! You can just hear the song playng through your head when you see the girls all posed in their dance poses! Be sure to pose your &#956;’s members enjoying their stage time once they join your collection!

But really… just look at her lovely smile…!
o0515048713327310549.jpg

However!

She also comes with another lovely expression!! ((&#9678;&#1076;&#9678;&#12288;))&#12445;
o0515048713327310550.jpg

Her second expression is a rather mischievous grin!

You can tell instantly that she is planning something! The difference between the two expressions is huge and yet both capture Nozomi’s personality nicely! &#9825;

Plus as you can see in the photo she also comes with an optional part! Similar to Nendoroid Rin Hoshizora’s maracas, Nozomi simply had to include a Tarot Card! She just wouldn’t be her spiritual self without it! The card is an up-facing ‘The Sun’! I guess we can expect a nice bright future! &#9733; Plus the reverse side has also been faithfully designed!

Replicant

Can anyone recommend a good miniature platform that can raise Nendoroids that are placed on the back so they are not covered by Nendos or other figurines on the front?

arue

I don't even like Love Live!

But this happened...
Are you going to buy the other 8 members too? >:)

Can anyone recommend a good miniature platform that can raise Nendoroids that are placed on the back so they are not covered by Nendos or other figurines on the front?
I don't know if you want the stair-type or the riser-type. I have clear acrylic risers (4" x 4" x 4" dimension) and I bought them from here: http://www.advertdisplays.com/Acrylic-Risers.html

Here's how it looks like:

Einbroch

Banned
Actually I got the website thanks to you, Ein :p

Their prices are excellent compared to other places, where each riser (with the same dimension) could cost $4-5.
I don't remember posting it!

Yeah they're way, way cheaper than almost every other US store. There are some cheap UK stores, but they're UK.

Flintty

Hi all. I'm new to Nendoroid and I have a silly/obvious question.

I want a Sonic Nendoroid and found a few cheap ones on Ebay - from China. I'm assuming they are cheap knockoffs? Does anyone know if the KOs are any good? I'm not after one for the value or authenticity. I want one because they look cool!

I would rather support the company (I have a few pre-orders) but I'm willing buy KOs to get ones that are no longer available - if they are decent quality.

Replicant

Hi all. I'm new to Nendoroid and I have a silly/obvious question.

I want a Sonic Nendoroid and found a few cheap ones on Ebay - from China. I'm assuming they are cheap knockoffs? Does anyone know if the KOs are any good? I'm not after one for the value or authenticity. I want one because they look cool!

I would rather support the company (I have a few pre-orders) but I'm willing buy KOs to get ones that are no longer available - if they are decent quality.

There's no such thing as rare Nendos. Even if they have increased in price, you usually can still find some good 2nd hand copy somewhere. So don't settle for a knock off because the quality is like night and day. If you're lucky, GSC sometimes reprint a few popular Nendos. Never settle for a knock off ever.

Einbroch

Banned
There most certainly are rare Nendos. The Ahri Nendoroid ($200+), the Nichijou Nendoroids, Red, some of the store-exclusive Miku Nendoroids, etc.

That said, for 99% of Nendoroids, they're not more than MSRP +20%.

Flintty

Thanks for the advice. I've seen one for £40 which is a bit higher than I'd like but may have to just pay it. I'll wait out for a bit though and see what comes up on Ebay.

Gala

I bought my first nendoroid at a convetion two weeks ago (413 Wind Waker Link) and now I want more because Link is alone on my Wii U right now. I'm really impressed by the details and all the components. It was totall worth the money ^.^

Top Bottom