• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nendoroid GAF |OT| Swap that frown for a Good Smile

Replicant

Both Mario & Luigi in the S.H. Figuarts line have some great articulation, and the playsets also bring additional props (Goomba's, warp pipes, coin blocks, coins, mushrooms, etc.) and extra hands. However, both are somewhat limited in their posability, and they also lack exchangeable face plates. (Yoshi will be added in this series later this year, if I'm not mistaken.)

As for the Nendoroids, they are what you'd expect with regards to the Mario Bros. being super deformed. Both are pretty cute, and they also have an assortment of face plates, arms, hands, feet, and accessories to boot. I personally prefer the design of the Nendoroids over the S.H. Figuarts Mario Bros., but it all comes down to preference, if you ask me. If you want a 1-to-1 recreation of the Mario Bros. in figurine form, then go with the S.H. Figuarts.

Yeah, normally I just chose Nendos but S.H has the whole works with the goombas, pipes, etc. Thanks for the advice. I'd think it some more.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I sure hope my Cynthia charges from Amazon.jp soon. Had a bit of an issue with sorting out the billing and address. Think I should be good. Had my billing accidentally set to BiJ so it's a good thing I caught that!

I believe Cynthia at one point was available on the GSC store for a short time though? Much later from Amazon.jp orders though.

Wanderer5

I sure hope my Cynthia charges from Amazon.jp soon. Had a bit of an issue with sorting out the billing and address. Think I should be good. Had my billing accidentally set to BiJ so it's a good thing I caught that!

I believe Cynthia at one point was available on the GSC store for a short time though? Much later from Amazon.jp orders though.

Cynthia was available on the GSC store, but only to Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Cynthia was available on the GSC store, but only to Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand.

Ohhhh ok that makes sense. I mean, they might do the same thing with Red and make a localized version eventually, but I didn't want to take any chances.

figma Venus de Milo
Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

The bust I made while in middle school was Harry Potter! Back then everyone was trying hard to decide on what to make and I was just obsessed with Daniel Radcliffe…

Anyway, today I’m going to be taking a look at…

figma Venus de Milo!★
o0515081513340824901.jpg

The Table Museum’ is a series of figma figures based on famous works of art that almost anyone would recognize! The second figma to join the series is the mysterious statue found on the Greek island of Milos – Venus de Milo. The masterfully sculpted statue is known for both its graceful appearance as well as the intrigue inspired by her mysteriously missing arms. It allows one to enjoy the intricate sculpting as well as consider the many mysteries of ancient Greece.

· Using the smooth yet posable joints of figma, you can act out the classic Venus de Milo pose and various other action poses.
· A flexible plastic is used for important areas, allowing proportions to be kept without compromising posability.
· A special stand, chest and head part are included to recreate the classic pose.
· Alternate parts such as her missing arm parts, an apple and various hand parts are also included for other poses.
· An articulated figma stand is included, which allows various poses to be taken.
Great job, FREEing! (●´ω`●)

From the same ‘Table Museum’ series that allowed you to pose the Thinker in all sorts of fun and artistic poses comes a new addition – figma Venus de Milo!

There were many times while I was taking photos of this figure that I forgot it was a figure! It really looks just like an actual sculpture, even though it’s a figma!
o0515089813332455027.jpg

FREEing was kind enough to let me borrow the painted prototype, so I decided to review it for everyone today! (σ・∀・)σ

Even though it is a well known sculpture, it’s amazing what changing the angle of the head or position of the camera can do to create a very fresh feeling!
o0515087513332455334.jpg

Even in figma size, the details of the original sculpture are faithfully preserved!

Most people only know the Venus de Milo from the front, so seeing her from the back is actually a little strange! (Maybe that’s just me though!)
o0515064113332455636.jpg

What a lovely bare back!! (; ・`д・´)

The clothing wrapped around her hips also has a kind of ‘grabbable’ appearance to it that I don’t see very often on figma figures!

Anyway, when one thinks of what makes the Venus de Milo so famous, the first thing that comes to mind is of course her mysteriously missing arms! This aspect has been faithfully included as you can tell!
----------------------------------------------------------------
Nendoroid Shiren: Super Movable Edition

My favorite fillings for rice balls are currently salmon and cod roe… but kelp and bonito flakes are also hard to resist! Who am I kidding… I can’t resist any riceballs, no matter the filling! (/ω\)

Nendoroid Shiren:
Super Movable Edition!
o0515058513345644722.jpg

From the popular game ‘Shiren the Wanderer 5+ Fortune Tower to Unmei no Dice’ comes a Nendoroid of the main character, Shiren! He comes with both a cute yet courageous standard expression as well as a cheerful smiling expression.

Various optional parts are also included to help him get through the dungeons – his standard sword and shield, as well a stave, scroll and riceball are all included, plus his faithful partner ‘Koppa’ is also included to display by his side! Enjoy posing Shiren and Koppa trying their best to get through the dungeon!
Oooooooohhh!! (´□`。)

From the famous RPG that you can play 1000 of times, ‘Shiren the Wanderer’ comes a Nendoroid of Shiren from the latest game! His confident expression, crossed card on his face and sword and shield to get him through the dungeon are all faithfully included! ★
o0515042413345639419.jpg

Even in Nendoroid size Shiren’s outfit has been carefully detailed! Note how many different sections all with different colors are needed!

Even the texture of the fabric on certain areas has been faithfully included!

His traditional hat and striped cape which are mementos of a friend are also looking lovely! (。・ω・)ノ゛
o0515056513345639418.jpg

Note how each of the thatching lines on the traditional hat are carefully added to the sculpt!
Looking from the top…
o0515046613345639631.jpg

The top features an outward gradient, gradually becoming lighter! Both the sculpt and paintwork come together so well to make the hat look so perfect! ☆

By the way, as you may have noticed from the product name, this Nendoroid is a fully articulated Nendoroid!! ヽ(゚◇゚ )ノ
o0515054213345639633.jpg

Even the shoulders are fitted with joints, allowing for many more fighting poses with his sword and shield equipped! Not only that, but his knees are also bendable which makes the action poses look more dynamic and believable!

There are much more awesome action poses taken for the official photos which will be up on the GSC website, so be sure to take a look at them tomorrow! (・ω・ノ)ノ

Plus as I’m sure you’ve noticed by now…
o0515033413345666258.jpg

Koppa is also included with the Nendoroid!

This little weasel is also articulated in all sorts of places for different poses! This includes his neck, lower body and tail! (σ・∀・)σ
Nendoroid Co-de: Dorothy & Reona West – Twin Gingham Co-de

I’m on my third gummy boom this year! They’re so hard to stop eating once you start!! Anyway, today I’m going to be taking a look at these items that went up for preorder today! ♪

Nendoroid Co-de: Dorothy West – Twin Gingham Co-de D
&
Nendoroid Co-de: Reona West – Twin Gingham Co-de R
o0515049413347331243.jpg

Left: Reona West / Right: Dorothy West
From the popular anime series ‘PriPara’ comes a Nendoroid Co-de of Reona West wearing the Twin Gingham Co-de!

The Twin Gingham Co-de from the ‘Fortune Party’ brand is a popular outfit filled with colors! Be sure to display and switch outfits with the other member of Dressing Pafé as well as the members of SoLaMi♡SMILE!
Tension, MAX… Relax! ♪

Following up on the Fortune Party Cyalume Co-de from last week comes both of the twins in their Twin Gingham Co-de! ♡

Let’s take a look at them from the back! Look at those adorable hair styles!
o0515051113348411894.jpg

Pink, yellow, light blue, green and white all with a darker blue base make for an amazingly colorful outfit! It’s a very cute outfit, but it also has a bit of a mature air about it! ♥︎

Line up the Dressing Pafé members once again! ♪
o0515035413347328117.jpg

Definitely a ‘Tension MAX’ moment!! ♡

Nendoroid Co-de Shion is currently up for preorder as well, so don’t miss out on her! (*´Д`)=з
Nendoroid Honoka Kosaka: Training Outfit Ver.

Bread in the morning, rice at lunch! That’s how most of my days go! My best type of sandwiches are the sweeter kings, with jams or peanut butter! They’re even better as toast!

Nendoroid Honoka Kosaka: Training Outfit Ver.! ★
o0515049013348686811.jpg

From the popular anime series ‘LoveLive!’ comes a Nendoroid of Honoka Kosaka wearing her training outfit with the large ‘Ho’ character printed on the front. She comes with two different expressions including an energetic smile as well as a more comical flustered expression. She also comes with a variety of arm and leg parts allowing you to pose per practising in all various different ways.

Bread parts are also included allowing you to pose her munching on her favorite food after a hard day’s training. A special ‘holding hands’ hand part is also included for use with the ‘Ima wa Bokura no Naka de’ LoveLive! Nendoroid series. The other μ’s members are also going to be joining the Nendoroid series in their training outfits, so be sure to look out for them too!
Honoka-chaaan!! (/ω\)

The very first member of μ’s to join the second set of LoveLive! Nendoroids that allow you to enjoy your favourite characters in a more casual style!♪
o0500050013348779168.jpg

This smile is just too adorable!!
o0515037813348686474.jpg

It’s like she’s smiling just for my photos!!

The leader of the μ’s members who acts as a pillar for the rest of the group is ready to cheer everyone on with a smile! While it’s hard to move away from her cute face, there are other area to look at so let’s move on… to her outfit! (。・ω・)ノ゙
o0515046713348686475.jpg

In order to get the outfit minimized into Nendoroid size, a couple of details from the original design have been simplified, but the main details are all faithfully in place! Note the red and white stripes on her right wrist or the flaps of the orange sleeves!

Lower down we have short pants and leggings!

The more boyish appearance during training is very like Honoka… but she still looks adorable in them! Plus… she even comes with…
o0515051413348686810.jpg

Honoka-chan’s (and my) beloved bread!

The combination of this sparking smile and the bread in hand shows off just how much she loves it! ♡ She also comes with alternate bent leg parts for both the left and right legs, allowing for all sorts of energetic poses! (`・ω・´)ゞ

Let’s move onto her secon…

(・∀・) “…second expression!”

It seem we’ve been joined by the figure’s planner, Hamako!

(・∀・) “The theme of this second set of LoveLive! Nendoroids is μ’s members in everyday life!”

After all, the last set had them all in their “Bokura wa Ima no Naka De” outfits, which means they were focused on singing and dancing – idol-like poses!

(・∀・)”Exactly! But I wanted to enjoy a more casual set of μ’s as well!! So we decided to move on to this second series to do just that!”

The smiling face above works great in all sorts of casual, everyday scenes!

(・∀・) “Yep! The μ’s members have so many different expressions, that it’s really difficult to select which ones to include with a Nendoroid… but Honoka wouldn’t be Honoka without a nice big smile like that!”

Anyway, let’s move on to the second expression!

(・∀・) “Her second expression is a flustered expression!”
o0515045313348686473.jpg

Ooooooooooohhh!! (*´Д`)=з

(・∀・) “We had various ideas, but eventually settled on this one! Normally Honoka is a pillar for the others, but decided on this one as a nice gap with her smiling expression!”

Even the ‘waves’ of her mouth have been sculpted in!! It’s a work of art!

(・∀・) “Those waves are what make her expression so unique! We worked really hard to get them to match the Nendoroid size!”

It’s definitely shows a more comical side of Honoka that was never included with Nendoroid Honoka Kosaka! ♪
Good Smile Company NicoNico Live Streaming, Kahotan Station: June 2015 Edition
Another edition of Kahotan Station was aired today live on NicoNico and, as usual, several interesting figures were featured, including Good Smile Company‘s “PriPara” Leona West and Dorothy West Nendoroid Co-de, Max Factory‘s “Gekijouban Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova DC” Iona figma or 1/7 scale figure of “Fire Emblem: Kakusei” Tiamo.
“PriPara” Leona West & Dorothy West Nendoroid Co-de (Good Smile Company)
gscniconicojune2015_1.jpg

“Love Live! School Idol Project” Kousaka Honoka Nendoroid Renshuugi ver. (Good Smile Company)
gscniconicojune2015_2.jpg

“Metal Gear Solid 2″ Raiden Nendoroid (Good Smile Company)
gscniconicojune2015_3.jpg

“High Score Girl” Oono Akira Nendoroid (Good Smile Company)
gscniconicojune2015_6.jpg

“Gekijouban Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova DC” Iona figma (Max Factory)
gscniconicojune2015_12.jpg

“Fire Emblem: Kakusei” Tiamo 1/7 (Good Smile Company, Max Factory)
gscniconicojune2015_14.jpg

News Roundup for June 23rd, 2015
Too Cool For Old-school
FIGURE-012167.jpg

When the Sega Saturn advertised itself as the "Theater of the eye," who knew they were talking about heterochromia? The colors of her irises are modeled after the controller buttons, which you can see for yourself on the Nendoroid-sized game console she comes with.

Nendoroid - Hi sCoool! SeHa Girl: Sega Saturn [FREEing]
Pre-painted Posable Figure
Size: Approx. H100mm (non-scale)
Material: ABS, PVC
Good Smile Company announces Vocaloid Hatsune Miku Nendoroid Zhongqiu Mingyue ver.
Good Smile Company has just announced yet another Nendoroid dedicated to utterly popular and surely much loved Vocaloid Hatsune Miku, this time proposed in her Zhongqiu Mingyue version. All is known at the moment is that the poseable figure is on display today and tomorrow (June 27th and 28th, 2015) at the HATSUNE MIKU EXPO in Shanghai.
gsc_mikunendomingyue-2.jpg

CIHUqGxUEAAhelW.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-11274.html
2015y06m25d_212500853.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-11328.html
2015y06m28d_180222898.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-11367.html
4b15b309-s.jpg

http://figurenews.blog.jp/archives/44562370.html

spiritfox

I know it's not a Nendo but that Venus and the Thinker are the best things ever. I wonder if we can ever get a David.

On topic, flute Miku looks great.

Blues1990

Got my Yoshino and Mario Nendoroid's today. The box for Mario is much bigger than standard for a Nendo.

I can vouch for this, as I also got my Mario Nendoroid in the mail today. I seriously wasn't expecting the packaging to be so big, but it's understandable when you view the contents:

I'm seriously hoping that Bowser, Peach, &/or Toad will be added to this line. I mean, we don't have a Koopa Troopa accessory for either Mario Brother, so Peach seems like a sure-fire way for that to happen.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I found another pre-order candidate. Only recently heard of the Sega Hard Girls through the upcoming Neptune collab, and I'm all into the personified consoles. Also coming with a tiny Dreamcast is just too much! I really like her 1/8 scale skeleton figure too, but I don't collect any of the larger figures (but that translucent clothing... looks sooooo good!)

Hope they do more of these!

Wanderer5

Oh god I just had the thought of maybe actually skipping snow miku 14 tomorrow even if I have the chance to get her, and just get a Kill La Kill nendo. I feel like since I looking forward to the 2015 one at least, that maybe I head off to giving one of my favorite shows some love and keep my want list to a minimum while I at it.:p

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Keep on trucking GSC

Sword boys taking over

I just wish it was sword boys I recognized. They look great, but I usually don't buy a lot of stuff from characters/series I'm unfamiliar with.

Need more characters from older anime/manga/games! At least Marth is coming :)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
All the prices. Shirts for $20 are nice, so a shirt and a Kill la Kill nendo it is!

I am beyond jealous. The prices for them are so good. Below MSRP even! Mako for $35 is DIRT CHEAP for what she's going for now! Same for 2014 Snow Miku >_>

Wanderer5

I am beyond jealous. The prices for them are so good. Below MSRP even! Mako for $35 is DIRT CHEAP for what she's going for now! Same for 2014 Snow Miku >_>

Regular Mako is actually one of the very limited ones. Fight Club Mako is going to be more common than the regular heh (through expect her to go out FAST). I settle for whatever Kill La Kill nendo heh, while I fight off Snow Miku (I getting 2015 one in a couple weeks :x), but I check out the fight club mako for sure first if they still have her.XD

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Regular Mako is actually one of the very limited ones. Fight Club Mako is going to be more common than the regular heh (through expect her to go out FAST). I settle for whatever Kill La Kill nendo heh, while I fight off Snow Miku (I getting 2015 one in a couple weeks :x), but I check out the fight club mako for sure first if they still have her.XD

Yeah I plan on getting Fight Mako on the store when she goes up, but I'm still surprised with how quickly the regular one shot up in price! So so many regrets... Why did I get into these so late? :(

Wanderer5

Yeah I plan on getting Fight Mako on the store when she goes up, but I'm still surprised with how quickly the regular one shot up in price! So so many regrets... Why did I get into these so late? :(

All the Kill la Kill nendos seem to shot up now actually. Think I glad I decided to focus on checking out one of them then.

And yeah the regrets, and I pretty much have to sacrifice probably most of the nendos I wanted to look into heh (not that I had that many anyway), and Snow Miku 2014 will be the latest.

I might also check out one of the Kill La Kill artbook too if they still have them later on, I don't know, I see.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
All the Kill la Kill nendos seem to shot up now actually. Think I glad I decided to focus on checking out one of them then.

I held off from Ryouko and Satsuki, at the time thinking I could get them a bit later on like many Nendos for pretty much MSRP. NOPE! Was at a con this year and Ryouko and Satsuki were $100 with Mako at $150 (and she sold when I walked by the shop again). Geeze... I think that was the only seller that had them too.

Reprint plz :(

Wanderer5

Did anything get announced at the panel they just held?
Didn't go cause I was in the long line that was for gsc store.XD But I think I saw majoras mask link nendo on display. Had to go soon after I was done with the store through.

Anyway so after like 2 1/2 hours, I got a shirt, that little witch academia book, and finally fight club mako, which they had loads of apparently. The three other kill La kill nendos went out so fast lol. I surprise re-class hanged around still when I got there.

I not opening her yet till I get home, but fight club mako looks really good!

Went and lined up at GSC at like 5 something today since the line was managable lol

I was actually surprised they still had the Toshiki Kai nendo so cool~

Also bought a shirt and one of those miku blind boxes cause why not

Wanderer5

Well I back home from Anime AX. What a blast it was. See you next year AX! I see Fight Club Mako finally sold out sometime between 10:30am-2:00pm today heh. So I ended up getting this little gal from today lol.

It one of those Nendoroid Plus: Snow Miku and Friends from the North or whatever heh. Really cute and will go well with Snow Miku 2015 I sure.

And course I excited to open up Mako. Think I do it tomorrow through.:p

Edit: I lied, took her out to display her with her default pose.XD She a bit complex lol, but neat otherwise. You can kind of have normal Mako, well Mako without the coat and hat. I hate the green reed she she would have sticking out from her mouth through. So freaking small and thin, and it a pain to insert it into that hole on the side of her mouth, so think I screw it entirely. I get into more details and pics tomorrow as I mess around with her more.

I have loads of pics, especially of the nendo exhibit, some of which I post up later.

Wanderer5

Heh cute. I missed those blind boxes I guess.

Well anyway took out Mako and checked her out a bit. You can kind of have a regular Mako if you remove the coat and hat.:p

10428701_10203422140874173_3296114177861753923_n.jpg

Wanderer51436159714.jpeg

She pretty cool, but coat can be a bit of a hassle to deal with, and the worse is that green reed sticking out from her mouth which was pretty annoying to insert in. Also kind of wish they threw in another faceplate heh, but whatever. Still pretty happy with her, and I glad I got a Kill La Kill nendo heh. The crying props are also very nice, and course I going to use it on other nendoroids.XD

Replicant

I have that Devil Homura nendo. She's a perfection, especially with a dead Kyuubey on her hand. As they say "A dead Kyuubey is a good Kyuubey".

cajunator

Banned
I have 12 more nendoroids to unbox still

Leonmitchell from Dog Days
Gokou Ruri from Oreimo
Kurumi from Date a Live
Makise Kurisu from Steins; Gate
Makise Kurisu labcoat version
Mashiro from Engaged to the Unidentified
Elsa from Frozen
Nyaruko from Nyaruko-san
Luka Megurine vocaloid