• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 2.0 Error Reporting & Feedback Thread

OrionFalls OrionFalls
I think that's actually something else. It does look like they're still transparent but there now seems to be a square space where the avatars are shown which can make them look like they're actually square.

If you try dragging your avatar across the screen it should still show as transparent. That's how it looks to me anyway.

The Main Event The Main Event
I'm wondering if that's actually due to a caching issue as it looks different on my screen.
1206.jpg

Still the same after cache emptied. Same on my iPhone. It's cropped properly at the top though.

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
The Main Event The Main Event
It could actually be a cache issue on our side rather than yours, I know there was issues with the cache yesterday and some members were having issues that others weren't so I think people are going to have be patient with things like this.

Hopefully, with today being our first full day online a few more of the relatively minor issues like this will be remedied.

I know some of these "smaller" issues can be annoying for people but obviously the priority was to at least get everything up and running so that people could post and discuss things as quickly as possible. Hopefully we'll start seeing more issues being sorted out over the next few days by the technical team.

It's good that people have been posting their issues here as some of the issues don't seem to be happening to everybody so we probably wouldn't even know about some of the ones that are being reported if they weren't posted here.

OrionFalls

OrionFalls OrionFalls
I think that's actually something else. It does look like they're still transparent but there now seems to be a square space where the avatars are shown which can make them look like they're actually square.

If you try dragging your avatar across the screen it should still show as transparent. That's how it looks to me anyway.
Weird. I try dragging it and it's transparent, but there's a white box behind it on both desktop and mobile.

JqZuGU.jpg

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
  • I like that there's a community forum link at the top of Gaming and OT pages, but it's taking too much real estate. I personally think a link should suffice, and I don't see a ton of value in showing # of posts/threads and recent thread/poster. I think showing more threads in OT and Gaming is more important
  • I liked the ignore function more when it completely wiped the ignored person's post rather than super highlighting their posts, especially in the dark theme. Kinda defeats the purpose.

Coreda

This has probably already been pointed out but various proxied images are broken in threads. Eg this topic which also displays various special characters incorrectly, such as proper quote marks as .

Quote tags are also truncated with a max height limitation which renders many OPs (and in cases like screenshot threads as well) less useful at least and unreadable at worst since some quotes contain all the relevant content for things like scaled screenshots, news quote posts, OTs, etc.

It actually shares many of the same initial (and in some cases ongoing) issues the other board had/has seeing as it appears to be the same software. Hopefully they get resolved.

Last edited:

Mathrin

Unable to upload or change via the mobile site, at least on mine. It just displays the first picture you upload.

I also think transparency doesn’t work.

Strange I am having the same issue, except for writing this reply where my correct avatar is showing.. but on my control panel directly above, it shows the first, horribly pixelated one I uploaded...

fe17

Neo Member
I like it but why can't we edit posts after 5 minutes? It's useful for the 52 Games thread for example.

Must have missed the reason for it.

BANGS

Banned
I keep trying to upload a new avatar, and it keeps loading a different avatar that I tried the first time? Very wierd...

Mr Clutch

I've seen it mentioned already but Avatars are caching oddly. I now see two avatars, one to the left here and a different one on my profile icon in the top right. Also, when changing the avi, it retains whatever avi was saved previously.

Zoe

Does the avatar upload automatically trim white space? I keep seeing the same thing despite making different sizes, and I'm not sure if it's due to caching or not.

OrionFalls

Avatars should be transparent now
It’s looking much better now. Can you confirm the exact size guidelines of avatars? It says, on the uploader, to upload a minimum of 400x400, but what are the dimensions of the avatar on any given thread page?

There is a bug with the custom avatar uploader. I uploaded one and decided not to use that one. I deleted it and tried to upload another one, but now I always get the avatar I uploaded first regardless of which image I choose. Most likely the same problem Zoe is having.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Am I blind/crazy? Is there not a way to jump to the last page of a topic for the main board?

Battlechili

Banned
Could we have a site discussion forum section for feedback and/or a ban appeal system put in place as long as new features and additions are being made to the forums?

BANGS

Banned
There is a bug with the custom avatar uploader. I uploaded one and decided not to use that one. I deleted it and tried to upload another one, but now I always get the avatar I uploaded first regardless of which image I choose. Most likely the same problem Zoe is having.
Definitely the same problem I'm having...

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I was initially receiving notifications for quotes and watched threads, but now I am not anymore. Not sure if it is a bug or not.

EDIT: Also, I am still getting that bug where (on mobile ios) when I type a post, the keyboard covers up the text window, so I can’t see what I am typing. Initially it was happening every time, now it is happening every other time.

Last edited:

YourMaster

It would be very nice if the 'thread starter' and time started would move some place else on the forum page. This is not information you're looking for when reading the list of topics. A clean list is much, much nicer. That info can be moved to the right near 'the latest poster' and 'latest post time'.

Grinchy

Banned
Yep , changing avatars it's impossible for me....
Yeah, I've cleared the cache, used multiple browsers (that don't even have login info or have ever accessed this site), ect. None of them show any changes. The mobile version showed the change I made this morning, but only on the top right corner of the screen and not on actual messages. Something's funky with it.

The transparency definitely works now, though!

Last edited:

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I disabled all cache, can you guys test the avatar upload again?

I have to say it's a step back on mobile. Less thread titles per page and less posts per page when in a thread. Too much space wasted on other things than actual content. eg. This post takes up 300% the size of its content.

Last edited:

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
Sorry, I made an error with the first poll and it wouldn't let me alter it so I've had to do it again. There was 2 Yes votes and 2 No votes when I did that.

Vote again if already had.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've just added a temporary poll to this thread to get an idea about the standard font size. There have been a few mentions about the font size but I have no issues with it at all so I thought it was good to get some simple feedback without people cluttering up the feedback thread with "Yes" and "No" posts.

It is one vote per person but you can change it if you do change your mind.

If this works then maybe we'll do another on for a different topic after we get a better idea about this.

Last edited:

Manus

I've just added a temporary poll to this thread to get an idea about the standard font size. There have been a few mentions about the font size but I have no issues with it at all so I thought it was good to get some simple feedback without people cluttering up the feedback thread with "Yes" and "No" posts.

It is one vote per person but you can change it if you do change your mind.

If this works then maybe we'll do another on for a different topic after we get a better idea about this.

My only issue with font size is the thread name font size is a little big. Everything else is fine.

Angelcurio

I'm on mobile. Before the update, you could see below a thread title the amount of pages it had, and you could click directly either to the first page of the thread or the last. Now none of those things are available.

Also, my keyboard turns extremely slow when trying to use the quick repply option. My cellphone is a Samsung J7.

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
Personally i will remove the join date status and move the likes to alongside the report/edit row.
Cut down on the vertical space waste.
The post date status also takes up a whole empty horizontal line

Grinchy

Banned
I kinda wish that if there are no posts in a thread that are new to me when I click on it, I'd just be taken to the last post in the thread (instead of the first post). Anyone else?

Gromph

Staff Member
All old links from m.neogaf.com and neogaf.com redirect to their correspond links in the new format.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Cool look for just a placeholder.

Oh, I guess my avatar is gone. :/

Last edited:

Gromph

Staff Member
Cool look for just a placeholder.

Oh, I guess my avatar is gone. :/

This is not a placeholder anymore.

And was stated in the old forums that avatars were not carried over.

As someone with poor vision I sincerely enjoy the larger font. The font and dark theme make the site much easier for me to read.

Tabasco

Could we have links for the community forums if we're not on the home page? For example, I can't go straight to Gaming Community if I'm on Off-Topic.

Kind of bugs me since the old site had them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom