• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Samsung 7 Series 3D tv
Xbox 360
Crysis 2

5621051699_b790f865d7_b.jpg

5621641294_5d8969b1a6_b.jpg

I'm all set to play this game in 3D, my first console 3D experience, hopefully I won't be disappointed.

Stephan1237

Neo Member
sweetvar26 said:
Samsung 7 Series 3D tv
Xbox 360
Crysis 2

I'm all set to play this game in 3D, my first console 3D experience, hopefully I won't be disappointed.
What happened to your Xbox 360 Console box?. It looks like mud

sweetvar26 said:
Samsung 7 Series 3D tv
Xbox 360
Crysis 2

Is that a D or a C 7000? Looks like the led model. Grats it's always fun getting a new display

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
eg7fr6.jpg

Oolong tea and Purple Yam (Ube) Dimples.

My favorite.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
FrankNitty said:
Deathly Hollows and a BDP-93 (kudos to OPPO on a fine product and packaging and giving you a HDMI cable, box for the accessories, and instead of using the white plastic wrap to wrap the player its wrapped in the bag)

Congrats on the new Oppo! I recently got a BDP-95 during a home theater upgrade and was shocked at the awesome packaging. The wife uses the canvas bag for groceries :)

JiliK

Better post these before I forget.

FSDSCF1472.jpg

Maybe it was a pricing mistake, but I managed to grab a new copy of ME2 form GameStop's Irish site for €5.99 the other week. PGR4 and Crackdown 2 were pretty good bargains too for €1 and €12.49 used.

SDSCF1475.jpg

Some Wii love and another pair of 360 games.

SDSCF1512.jpg

FFVIII, Okamiden and a pair of Collector's DVDs from Telltale. Man, that ToMI cover is vile.

SDSCF1454.jpg

A few cheap boxsets from HMV.

FSDSCF1489.jpg

Some 90's CDs.

FSDSCF1510.jpg

And some 2000's ones.

vc_apr11.png

FFVI for the VC.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Lots of stuff in the past month, mainly new furniture!

Brand new desk and shelving. Still organizing and moving stuff over. Loving all the extra space. I can almost fit all of my games in here! :p
img_08436nf5.jpg

img_0835ju8c.jpg

img_08409nej.jpg

New Wacom tablet:

img_0848w85q.jpg

Some blurays:

img_0856pn3u.jpg

img_08036nff.jpg

Finally picked up a long-desired Sega Ages disc, Monster World! Next up: Dragon Force.

img_08312u68.jpg

Games:

img_08573ub0.jpg

1z3qg4i.jpg

The m4 is finally complete

29givix.jpg

The acog finally came in, however it seems to be to far away for proper eye relief. GAF what is the consensus, should the acog go on the FAL and should I buy a high power scope for the EBR or should I put a new mount for the EBR so it will properly fit the acog and put the high power scope on the FAL?

yeah I think the bag is a nice touch as well. Its different. Something t hat you can actually use besides that white plastic wrap.

Celcius

°Temp. member
luka said:

Brand new desk and shelving. Still organizing and moving stuff over. Loving all the extra space. I can almost fit all of my games in here! :p
*picture 1*
Nice cans, are those ad900's?
Also, what are they plugged into?

luka

Loves Robotech S1
celcius said:
Nice cans, are those ad900's?
Also, what are they plugged into?
AD900s, yep. They're usually plugged into the Sound Blaster HD Xfi on the desk. It's got a nice preamp that makes headphones sound great. I also have a pair of AD2000s that are being demoed by a friend atm.

DSC00029.jpg

Walking guide to Akihabara(Japan trip was postponed, but still going in the near future), 999, Misty May from Otaku No Video, and Undead Nightmare.

DSC00028.jpg

Social Network, Scott Pilgrim, Summer Wars(blus), Usagi Yojimbo two volume complete collection, The Akiba Manga Guide to Akihabara), and the Cream of Tank Girl.

DSC00026.jpg

FLCL and Batman Under the Red Hood(blus), The Tower of Druaga(famicom), Smackdown vs. Raw, MST3K Essentials, the Movie, and collection 20(gypsy figure not pictured), and MvsC3.

Haven't posted in forever, and this is just the tip of the iceberg, more to come after the trip into New York tomorrow morning. Anyone have any suggestions for stores/eateries/etc. in New York, NY? Definitely hitting up Bookoff and Kinokuniya. There are plenty of more things for me to post..but I must resist and get ready for the trip. :)

AkIRA_22

Took delivery of my beautiful 30" Dell monitor on friday.

77c8c99f.jpg

That's a 24" Asus infront

ec0e8c6e.jpg

720p video playing in the corner showing the ridiculous desktop space this 2500x1600 monitor provides.

oh and to drive all my games at this new high resolution...

a568614d.jpg

A second 5870 (the gigabyte on top)

Rengoku

AkIRA_22 said:
Took delivery of my beautiful 30" Dell monitor on friday.

That's a 24" Asus infront

720p video playing in the corner showing the ridiculous desktop space this 2500x1600 monitor provides.

oh and to drive all my games at this new high resolution...

A second 5870 (the gigabyte on top)

Very nice! Is this your first IPS panel? Does it make a huge difference compared to TN panels? I have yet to make the IPS switch.

SonComet

Rengoku said:
Very nice! Is this your first IPS panel? Does it make a huge difference compared to TN panels? I have yet to make the IPS switch.
It makes a huge difference. I am forced to use TN panels at work and I've had a 30" dell for a little over two years and it's night and day. I had a 2407WFP before my 30 and PVA is worse though not nearly as bad as TN.

Just remember that after spending 1k+ on a monitor to get something like an x-rite display lt 2 to calibrate. Only a couple hundred and makes a massive difference.

AkIRA_22

Rengoku said:

Yeah it's actually quite noticeable. I've worked with them for a while but have never had the cash, but a little saving and I have one at home and I will never go back. It depends on what you do, games won't benefit a lot but and photo/video editing is much better.

Clott said:
What kind of cooling system do you have there on your CPU?

The cooler is indeed a corsair H50. It stacks up quite nicely to all air coolers but the Noctua D14, it's technically better, but it's fucking huge.

noctua_nh_d14_fan_over_memory_slots.jpg

The main reason I chose it i to free up space for air flow in the case. Being mATX the D14 would have been too big and dominated the case. Plus I like the "minimal case" look.

AkIRA_22

Rengoku said:
Car is a couple months old, but the wheels are new! Got them installed last week with new rotors & pads.

NszL6.jpg

Sweet rims mate. Nothing beats a black set of wheels, nice car too. At first I thought it was a GT5 shot, lol.

Rengoku

AkIRA_22 said:
Sweet rims mate. Nothing beats a black set of wheels, nice car too. At first I thought it was a GT5 shot, lol.

Yeah, I was messing around with HDR and other effects on the iphone when trying to take that pic, so its looks sorta 'fake'.

-Winnie-

TheFuryMGS3 said:
1z3qg4i.jpg

29givix.jpg

The acog finally came in, however it seems to be to far away for proper eye relief. GAF what is the consensus, should the acog go on the FAL and should I buy a high power scope for the EBR or should I put a new mount for the EBR so it will properly fit the acog and put the high power scope on the FAL?

Where's the flamethrower, man?

Cdammen

ipad.jpg

Extremely impressed with the iPad 2, this will be a perfect compliment to my gaming PC. I can relax with this and focus on one (multimedia) task at a time and do proper work on my stationary hardware. The quality of this device is incredible, the screen, battery life, responsiveness, and so on. It's lacking in some ways (mainly OS related and can/will be fixed with updates) but the overall package is outstanding.

I'm looking for a cheap sleeve to protect it from scratches and bumps when I transport it in my backpack. Any recommendations? I won't really be too careful with it, bumps, scratches are inevitable and I'm not OCD about technology upkeep, it's meant to be used. I just want something that gives it some form of protection without being too bulky.

And also, does anyone know if Tweetmag is any good? I like longform article reading.

Lucc

luka said:

img_08436nf5.jpg
wow i have the same monitor with exactly the same wallpaper. i even took the textless version like you.

what i really want to say: you have taste :p

Ledsen

TheFuryMGS3 said:
1z3qg4i.jpg

29givix.jpg

So what do you actually do with these?

Mexx

Neo Member
Finally found it:
zdjcie0206e.jpg

Really nice case! It has slots for 6 carts, holder for second stylus and there is enough room to hold charger.

Negaiido

TheFuryMGS3 said:
1z3qg4i.jpg

29givix.jpg

Is your username and your pick-up proof that games are bad for people?

robot

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Wasn't expecting these two until Monday at the earliest so was a nice surprise when they arrived earlier :) J-360 shmup love <3

DSC00274.jpg

Awesome pickups, where and when did you order? Ordered mine from NCSX last Tuesday but they still haven't shipped. Really looking forward to playing em.

Post your impressions in the Shmups thread!

Galdelico

luka said:
Finally picked up a long-desired Sega Ages disc, Monster World! Next up: Dragon Force.

img_08312u68.jpg

Lovely.

And the super vibrant picture really reminds me of the visual joy I feel by playing those games.

Top Bottom