• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

meppi

My body is ready.

img20140416103615.jpg

Been playing this on and off for the past couple of weeks now.
Absolutely brilliant.
Starts of very slow though so be prepared. About 4 hours+ to get started.

Samer

Been playing this on and off for the past couple of weeks now.
Absolutely brilliant.
Starts of very slow though so be prepared. About 4 hours+ to get started.

Just bought it for Easter holidays when I will have more time than usual :)

Wikipedia says yes, three months later than the first one but I've been unable to find a copy or even a scan of the cover. The bizarre thing is that I found out the existence of the first one just one month ago. They launched the game in February 2007, not so far of the US launch which I imported and finished back then, so maybe there is still a chance of finding an euro SRT:OG2 somewhere.
I'm sure I had an image of the cover, it is buried on a hard drive somewhere though. This post suggests there was one seen in that thread but dead image urls etc...

IIRC it has a PEGI rating too. I know both of these don't mean anyone ever got a copy of it though.

I imported the US releases because I was convinced they would never see the light of day in Europe. I kind of want to try and track them down now.
505 Games (who published these) back in the old days did not exactly have traditional distribution channels and had no official release lists and as such many of their games are hard to find (it didn't help most of them were reamed simple 2000 games sold in bargain bins at supermarkets). Given they were based in Italy I would imagine that market is the one that got the most of their titles and is where you are most likely to find the GBA SRT games.

In light of that I would say importing was the right thing to do.

As for the games themselves, the only difference is the pre-title screen logos also have a 505 Games one.

Kaworu

I'm sure I had an image of the cover, it is buried on a hard drive somewhere though. This post suggests there was one seen in that thread but dead image urls etc...

IIRC it has a PEGI rating too. I know both of these don't mean anyone ever got a copy of it though.

Holy shit, you're quoting myself from 2007 and now I do recall seeing the cover but I never saw neither of them in a shop or in a photo until I found the first one in Ebay.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
QCfCELE.jpg

Grabbin this while it's still cheap

jYZBemg.jpg

Been wanting this for many years

eeYxhMo.jpg

Some Mamoru Hosoda goodness

TIt18n0.jpg

SNK trilogy and Z3

Shengar

Well, it's not a Lamborgini, but I got the thing I want most this month

Some non-gaming related goods first, namely books and books.
My shelves couldn't even contain them all and I started putting them just there on the bed or on the floor lol

Then, here is my most awaited pick-up since last month!
Fucking finally, my Dark Souls II CE have arrived from amazon uk! If only I knew that local store in my area stock some region 3 CE, I wouldn't have to wait for this long. Well at least I got the signatured metal plate from the director himself.

I actually panicked because I didn't find it in the game box first. My head then started assuming that bastards at the custom offices take it for themselves. I checked the packaging box, then found out that it was there all the time lol

zmet

Ripper Street Season Two, Berserk: Golden Age Arc III - The Advent, Confession of Murder, and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Space Adventure Cobra: The Original TV Series, Part 2

MilkLizard

My cases arrived today, one for Vita and one for the 3DS. They are absolutely beautiful and worth every penny. I finally found cases I'm happy with.

Thanks again to fellow gaffer Vexxan for posting his VITA case earlier in the thread.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the $13 copy of The Sky, Amazon! Though my size comparisons are getting a bit ridiculous now.

iOrpIT9.png
YmNCvRh.png
nuNnql3.png
hoTNo64.png

Maximus.

PHBLh0d.jpg

DLqrPVb.jpg

Missing in photos: Diablo Reaper of Souls.

The Wii U Pro Controller feels amazing, really looking forward to using it for any Wii U games that support it. Bought the Apple keyboard so that I can better support a dual monitor setup and for not wearing out my Macbook keyboard from excessive gaming. Couldn't resist getting the Beast Wars figures when I heard they were being remade! Loved that show and the toys as a kid, but I am disappointed with how weak the joints are on them.

I stopped by a Hard off on the way back from work. I found 2 complete in box Samba de Amigo maracas controllers for Dreamcast in the junk section. I took achance and lucked out. They worked just fine when I played with them at home.

I only picked up one but I might go back tomorrow just to rescue the other. I already owned 2 other complete sets but for 324 yen I couldn't resist. Maybe I'll sell one off when I visit the US later this year...

I was going to say "More pickups than a Lamborghini's trunk can hold!" but sadly even that isn't true... ;-(

- couple of Wii U games: Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- couple of MSX games: Fray: In Magical Adventure (MSX2 version), Hydlide, Dragon Quest 2, Kenja no Ishi, Dragon Slayer, and AshGuine Story 2 and 3.
- The Revenge of Shinobi and Silent Hill 4: The Room
- and finally some Vita love with Toukiden: The Age of Demons, Ys: Memories of Celceta and Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc.

Currently playing Danganronpa. It's... intriguing.

Here is my first post in this thread... but it is my pick-up of a lifetime!
My babygirl. London Marie

image_zps18b90390.jpg

Her is my second pick up... Her name is Izzy. She is a Boston Terrier

image_zps292cb8d5.jpg

Asparagus

KSGp3aL.jpg

Gona enjoy going through these over Easter weekend.

505 Games (who published these) back in the old days did not exactly have traditional distribution channels and had no official release lists and as such many of their games are hard to find (it didn't help most of them were reamed simple 2000 games sold in bargain bins at supermarkets). Given they were based in Italy I would imagine that market is the one that got the most of their titles and is where you are most likely to find the GBA SRT games.

In light of that I would say importing was the right thing to do.

As for the games themselves, the only difference is the pre-title screen logos also have a 505 Games one.

Thanks for the info, I'll have to keep an eye out.

Lombax

Banned
Here are some "pick-ups" from PAX last weekend:

Photo with some homeless dude outside of a burlesque show:
20140411_222026.jpg

Awesome sketch by Chris Bourassa [Artist on Darkest Dungeon] on my 3DS case.
20140414_113605.jpg

Here is my first post in this thread... but it is my pick-up of a lifetime!
My babygirl. London Marie

image_zps18b90390.jpg

Her is my second pick up... Her name is Izzy. She is a Boston Terrier

image_zps292cb8d5.jpg

Congrats on the baby and the dog! That's mighty brave of you to deal with a new dog AND a new baby at the same time. I am scared, but a little happy for you.

Nicely done. If I had the money, I'd buy one too. Can you post pics of it, please?

Sure, once the car gets here. Looks like car won't be ready till early May, so will probably post in next month's pick-up thread. The wait is the most excruciating pre-order wait ever.

hr3315989-1.jpg

Feeling mighty grown up right about now.

Wow, congrats! Lots of huge pickups this month from everyone. Economy is looking up? =D

Congrats on the baby and the dog! That's mighty brave of you to deal with a new dog AND a new baby at the same time. I am scared, but a little happy for you.

Sure, once the car gets here. Looks like car won't be ready till early May, so will probably post in next month's pick-up thread. The wait is the most excruciating pre-order wait ever.

Wow, congrats! Lots of huge pickups this month from everyone. Economy is looking up? =D

Not easy at all... but the puppy if fairly smart. Potty training has been decent (at least for a puppy).. .the good thing is that she has 2 other older dogs to keep her busy so we can focus on the baby!

Top Bottom