• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Okay...so I'm not one who usually get all caught up in hype but....

DSC07414.jpg

And I am graduating this summer so I decided to get myself something special...New MBP

DSC07402.jpg

Oh don't mind the other macs. The iBook is my GF's. It's starting to be too slow for her, so I gave her my MB (the one with the stickers on it). She still has another year of University and she could really use it so why the heck not :D

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Truespeed said:
You could have always just plugged the Sixaxis into your PC or laptop, you know.

PC = upstairs

PS3 = Living room, plus i use alot of usb devices, so this is easier and costs almost nothing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Gloomfire said:
What did the PS3 Orange Box patch actually do? Did it fix the framerate, I can't remember?

ckeur

Weenerz said:
dsc02005ub1.jpg

GTA4 fully paid for preorder as well. Not as cool as a car/truck thing and a McDonalds, but it'll do.

New GI came in?? I renewed my subscription when I was at GS today preordering MGS4, and they gave me the old magazine, Alpha Protocol... the one I already had. When did you get that one?

Weenerz

Banned
ckeur said:
New GI came in?? I renewed my subscription when I was at GS today preordering MGS4, and they gave me the old magazine, Alpha Protocol... the one I already had. When did you get that one?

Got it today in the mail :D

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Ultimate Buds (ER6i)
photo-16.jpg

photo-17.jpg

photo-18.jpg

These need to be broken in. Badly.

OverHeat

« generous god »
MWS Natural said:
Reviews? Impressions?
Beside some problem with MAC address restriction (make the router freeze)I hope a firmware update is coming soon to fix this.

I have nothing but good thing to say about this router. Its not that much of difference compare to my old DGL-4300 but at least upnp now work with my PS3 and I love that it support WPA & WPA2 at the same time(damn 360 who do not support WPA2 ).

chimster

April is a big month because its my birthday :D going to be 22

DSC03531.jpg

#1 and 2 on the preorder list for for MGS LE thanks to a good friend. VT3 for $20. The Canadian version of FF:CC doesn't have the inside box art, its just blank.

DSC03534.jpg

Halo 3 beta featuring Crackdown :lol and Blue Dragon each for $20

DSC03533.jpg

much to my surprise my cousin got me rock band for ps3 and a white dual shock3, yes this is the same cousin that got me a ps3 for Christmas, Best cousin EVER. Thanks Tissot :D

CTLance

I am still trying to figure out how my friends managed to convince me to shell out money for this. Must've been a momentary lapse in sanity. For that kind of money I could've gotten two games from my "buy asap" list. :(
35hn340.jpg

It's good fun though, I'll admit as much.

Luthair

OverHeat said:
Beside some problem with MAC address restriction (make the router freeze)I hope a firmware update is coming soon to fix this.

I have nothing but good thing to say about this router. Its not that much of difference compare to my old DGL-4300 but at least upnp now work with my PS3 and I love that it support WPA & WPA2 at the same time(damn 360 who do not support WPA2 ).
I really wanted to get one of those but just got a WRT54GL with 3rd party firmware :-\ Imma poor hehe, tho I dont get pretty LED screen :-(

DSFan1970

Skittleguy, this looks like a pic I took when I got back from Japan.
What are those flavors of KitKat? I "collect" them.
Thanks!
My loot:
dsc05732dj9.jpg
"

dsc05736iw7.jpg

Skittleguy

Ring a Bell for me
DSFan1970 said:
Skittleguy, this looks like a pic I took when I got back from Japan.
What are those flavors of KitKat? I "collect" them.
I'm no expert in the Japanese language, but there's White, Strawberry, Indulgent Hazelnut, and Indulgent Black Tea.
And here's the barbeque we bought today:
bbq.jpg

100,000BTU of natural gas and 5 burners to cook a whole pig.

_dementia said:
2udunpv.jpg

36" x 48"

edit: I just realized I paid for a 24" x 36" so I guess I lucked out.

Do you still have the original image file? Can I haz??

My recent pickups w/ awesome phonecam quality:

P3LE, Shenmue
0413081750ml5.jpg

nib95

Banned
OverHeat said:
Upgraded my DGL-4300 to a DGL-4500
4v1sva.jpg

I have the DGL-4300 now. Is it worth the upgrade? I'm all about the online gaming, but don;t really need the extra distance. Just that the signal within about 5-10 metres is spot on, with no drops and minimal lag.

Yes Boss!

mileS said:
WOW @ all the different KitKat flavors

what the hell is "Midnight Eagle" ? :lol

Yeah,

Is KitKat still a formidable brand in other countries? They kind of ran it into the ground with White, Caramel, Extra Crispy and Big Kat here in the US.

DSFan1970

mileS said:
WOW @ all the different KitKat flavors

what the hell is "Midnight Eagle" ? :lol

:lol It was a movie promotion I think. Got it at Disneyland station. Cookies and milk and combo red/green bean are the best. (so far)

OverHeat

« generous god »
nib95 said:
I have the DGL-4300 now. Is it worth the upgrade? I'm all about the online gaming, but don;t really need the extra distance. Just that the signal within about 5-10 metres is spot on, with no drops and minimal lag.

Not worth for the minor difference. But I like having the latest thing :)

Flock

zoku88 said:
Why did you buy P3 when FES is just around the corner. (WAIT, isn't it coming THIS month? :lol )

To be fair, it would still be legitimate to grab P3 even when FES is out. You can't exploit the shrine in FES, which obviously makes the game harder.

People might want to play through P3 and then grab FES to play the extra episode.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Sakura Kit Kat. <3 Japan doesn't have much in the way of chocolate mint-flavored candy though, which sucks. No peanut butter cups either. ;_;

Yes Boss! said:
Yeah,

Is KitKat still a formidable brand in other countries? They kind of ran it into the ground with White, Caramel, Extra Crispy and Big Kat here in the US.

Kit Kat caught on in Japan because the name is similar to the phrase "kitto katsu" which is like saying "I hope you do well." And, because of this, Kids are given Kit Kats before taking tests and such.

zoku88

Flock said:
To be fair, it would still be legitimate to grab P3 even when FES is out. You can't exploit the shrine in FES, which obviously makes the game harder.

People might want to play through P3 and then grab FES to play the extra episode.
Exploit the shrine?

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
distantmantra said:
Kit Kat caught on in Japan because the name is similar to the phrase "kitto katsu" which is like saying "I hope you do well." And, because of this, Kids are given Kit Kats before taking tests and such.

I feel I would have done better in school If I was given chocolate before tests.

Well today was my B-Day so I'll post some of my goods that I got for myself - although Shiren was a gift from friends. I'll be getting plenty of roguelike loving in the coming weeks; and I've never actually played a roguelike, but have done a lot of research and think I will enjoy both.

IMG_0665.jpg

Sweeney Todd 2-Disc
Shiren DS
Baroque Wii
Frisky Dingo Season 1

DSCN2375.jpg

Orange Box, Tech N9ne - Psychumentary DVD, 8GB Creative Zen, and the phone is old but i got a clear case and flashed windows mobile 6

DSCN2380.jpg

DSCN2343.jpg

and the best earbuds ive ever had..and they were under $5
DSCN2381.jpg

HoTHiTTeR

A pretty well-rounded month to date, I think.

Stranglehold @ Target clearance, and F1 Championship Racing @ EB/GS (w/ 35% off used sale) were easily my best bargain pickups of the month. Although, Amazon's deal on the Weeds Blu-rays were hard to beat too.

easdp4.jpg

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
_dementia said:
2udunpv.jpg

36" x 48"

edit: I just realized I paid for a 24" x 36" so I guess I lucked out.

What kind of paper did you have the printshop make that on? I've been thinking of making some custom posters, just never got around to it.

Top Bottom