• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Zyzyxxz

Skittleguy said:
I'm no expert in the Japanese language, but there's White, Strawberry, Indulgent Hazelnut, and Indulgent Black Tea.
And here's the barbeque we bought today:
bbq.jpg

100,000BTU of natural gas and 5 burners to cook a whole pig.

as a guy who likes to cook and especially loves his meat I must say I am jealous.

I still prefer charcoal for taste though but sometimes the convenience of a gas grill is just too tempting.

First games I've bought in about 3 months. Took a bit longer than expected for Play-Asia to deliver these to me (still waiting on Professor Layton), but nevertheless, it's happy days!

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

Got these today:

2412168503_74b173692d_b.jpg

Bluetooth USB Adapter to try out Wii Remote Hacks. ;) (On sale $14.99 at Fry's).

2412994492_0edde96a30_b.jpg

And New EVA Figures! Yay! (Haha yea, I put stickers on the EVA-01).

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
SnowWolf said:
What kind of paper did you have the printshop make that on? I've been thinking of making some custom posters, just never got around to it.

I'd say that if you want a real poster-feel to it, you're looking for glossy, heavier than normal print paper. I think the printshop will know what you're looking for.

zoku88

Echoes said:
It's my first time playing it and OMG OMG one of the best shooters ever.

I also got N+ and Ikaruga's theme.
I really wish they would release Ikaruga for PSN. I guess I could still get it for GCN or something...

Yes Boss!

Jtwo said:
Ultimate Buds (ER6i)
photo-18.jpg

These need to be broken in. Badly.

Damn, let us know how those are! I'm absolutely sick of the stock iPhone buds but love the apple cable. Pricey, but tempted to bite.

milkham

Yes Boss! said:
Damn, let us know how those are! I'm absolutely sick of the stock iPhone buds but love the apple cable. Pricey, but tempted to bite.

I got mine back from them and used for a day so far. I sent them my er6is and the apple headset that came with my phone. There are only two things that bug me. The first is that when I'm wearing them the microphone hole points in the wrong direction, I haven't figured out how much that affects talking yet. The second thing is that since these are sound isolating I dont really know how loud to talk but I guess I'll get used to it. I'd like to hear about anyone else's mic orientation.

nib95

Banned
jtwo said:
Ultimate Buds (ER6i)

photo-18.jpg

These need to be broken in. Badly.

Been using a pair of those (black/grey) all year. Fantastic phones. Really responsive base, and amazing detail in the highs. I have a friend who thinks he can get me Shure head phones 50% off retail. So I might upgrade to the Shure SE530's next.

Have to admit this was a most unexpected pick up of this month....

IMG_0138.jpg

I know I'm going to get bashed but considering what I paid for it this is actually not
that
bad :lol

Appologies for the horrendous mobile phone images :p

2d fighter haul - Rumble Fish and SVC Chaos;

SP_A0116a.jpg

Awesomesauce haul - Vib-Ribbon and MojibRibon;

SP_A0116b.jpg

Saturn haul - Strikers 1945 II, Thunderforce Gold Pack 2, Metal Slug & Shellshock;

SP_A0116c.jpg

And a Down t-shirt from their concert in London last night;

SP_A0120.jpg

bryehn

Saw the retro phones at Wal-Mart, had to get 'em. I had no idea they were so cheap ($50).

08-04-14-phones.jpg

...and the Jackson Pro Series KE3 Kelly. Bought it for the wife. Got it from a friend for a ridiculously good price. I'm sure I'll be documenting it more, but here's a couple quick picks...

I really gotta get a good stand for it. Got some accessories to post later too...

08-04-14-ke31.jpg

08-04-14-ke32.jpg

Vorador

Banned
Bootaaay said:
Appologies for the horrendous mobile phone images :p

...blurry mess...

My eyes, they hurt. If you didn't comment of the content of the pictures, i wouldn't even be able to know what the fuck was in them.

Anyway, awesome pick-up.

Variable

Vorador said:
My eyes, they hurt. If you didn't comment of the content of the pictures, i wouldn't even be able to know what the fuck was in them.

Anyway, awesome pick-up.

Still better then google images.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Took advantage of the 25% off coupon and edge card deal and bought motorstorm for 20 bucks. Rez (jpn) came in new and sealed.

73dab947.jpg

LiK

neojubei said:
Took advantage of the 25% off coupon and edge card deal and bought motorstorm for 20 bucks. Rez (jpn) came in new and sealed.

73dab947.jpg

pfft, Rez HD > PS2 Rez. FYI, Rez HD comes with standard version of Rez so you could've gotten both for $10.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yes Boss! said:

I'd say get them, they're a little pricey but there is no premium over a normal pair of er6is and they have the mic/remote.

They take a little while to get used to, I actually didn't like them the day I got them, but I am definitely happy with them now.

It's too bad the rubber tips don't work too well in my ears, but the foam ones are brilliant.

I'm thinking of getting custom molded tips for my ear canals.

I didn't realize how good they worked until I was vacuuming yesterday and I couldn't hear the vacuum!

LiK

Tiduz said:
no, but it was said theres no reason for it not to be, so maybe later.

rumor has it that they might be waiting for the DS3 controllers to be standard first cuz rumble is crucial for the experience.

TomServo

I finally gave in to my old man and bought a club race car. Haven't raced since I ran karts in high school, and I'm selling my street car to finance it, but hey, racing with my father will be priceless.

The car is a total project. Going to have to be stripped to the bare tub, sorted out, and put back together again. Probably going to dust off the old aero textbooks and make a nice carbon diffuser for the front and some tunnels from the roll hoop back.

Looked like this when we picked it up:

04012008.jpg

In six months to a year it'll look more like this (the old man's car at Daytona):

139225968_XKmqT-L.jpg

rocK`

Banned
Auron_Kale said:
Small pickup over the weekend.

PSOne combo & Jawbone headset (needed because of stupid headset law):

IMG_0998.jpg

whoa which gamestop did you get that from? great price for that, i'd gladly pay for it.

rocK` said:
whoa which gamestop did you get that from? great price for that, i'd gladly pay for it.

Heh, thanks. That's the sale price of the PSOne combo (there was a thread about it). I bought at a GS that was down the street from the GS that I work at (used the computer at work for a system-wide lookup). The sku for the combo is 020020 so I guess the best way to track one down is to head over to a gamestop and see if they can find one for you.

BTW, I live in Dublin, CA (East Bay/Bay Area) so again YMMV at wherever you live.

sikkinixx

April08Pickup005.jpg

Only a bit so far, the MGS bundle might have been from late March... hmm... Anyways, just got Bowser this weekend at Metrotown, they mismarked the price so it was $14.99 instead of $29.99! Nice :lol DS3 from Zellers for $49.99 which was nice, saves $5. Hot Shots was used at EB for $45 after the Edge card, I hate buying used from them but I missed my chance to get it from Bestbuy for $50 so I caved. GoW was $7 at EB a week ago so I snagged it too since I had long since sold it. I like CoO a lot better, this one feels slower.

April08Pickup008.jpg

Not an awesome receiver but my old one broke (it was from 1990) so this one at least gives me 5.1 w/optical and will keep me settled until I upgrade the TV/whole system after Uni is done. Open box with 2 year warranty for $179.99. *shrug* I'm not audiophile anyway. Damn flash shows off the finger prints though.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Agent Ironside said:
Was thinking of pulling a LTTP and picking up MGS3 and Shadow of the Colossus. Encouragement?
Hell yeah! Both games are incredible, and play the other MGS games if you haven't...

Zyzyxxz

TomServo said:
I finally gave in to my old man and bought a club race car. Haven't raced since I ran karts in high school, and I'm selling my street car to finance it, but hey, racing with my father will be priceless.

The car is a total project. Going to have to be stripped to the bare tub, sorted out, and put back together again. Probably going to dust off the old aero textbooks and make a nice carbon diffuser for the front and some tunnels from the roll hoop back.

nice, but I personally I would start off with fiberglass first since its cheaper and you wont know how much it really helps without real life data and to spend that much on a CF diffusor to find out it can be improved would be costly.

Though you probably know a bit more about aerodynamics than I, I have never seen a book of it even :lol

TomServo

Zyzyxxz said:
nice, but I personally I would start off with fiberglass first since its cheaper and you wont know how much it really helps without real life data and to spend that much on a CF diffusor to find out it can be improved would be costly.

Though you probably know a bit more about aerodynamics than I, I have never seen a book of it even :lol

We do our own work (my father taught me composites when I was 10 so that I could help fund our racing), so for us the downside is really the time it takes for carbon vs glass moreso than the cost. We're not using prepregs, just wet layup w/ vacuum bagging. I'd prefer to go with carbon for stiffness on this part. As long as I'm 20lbs overwieght I'm not going to get caught up in the marginal weight savings.

As far as optimization goes, that should be interesting. These cars were designed decades ago with no regards for underbody aero. There's not even a floor from the roll bar back, just an open engine bay. Rear diffuser design is going to be driven by where we can put things, not really where we'd like to. I came up with a pretty novel way to move the rear springs / shocks inboard, so that'll help, but it's still pretty messy back there.

I've still though about writing advantageCFD with a poverty story and seeing if they'll sponsor us with a non-commercial license - I've done solid modelling and FEA and I've got my masters in mechanical engineering so I'm confident I could learn CFD. Maybe they'd think a young guy using their software to modernize a car that's older than him is novel enough to give away a seat.

I'm actually very excited about the front diffuser as well. These cars have a locked rear end so they tend to understeer. My father has always been reluctant to work on rear downforce because of this. There's a ton of room up front to do a large, stiff splitter with diffusers, and I'm thinking that some front dive planes for tuning would get the front to grab. Of course an LSD would solve the actual root cause, but those are big money - maybe later.

Well, I've completely digressed, so sorry to the other posters. If you're interested in competition car aero, I can send you a PM with a couple of good, practical books and a link to a site with some amazing shots of sports cars (WSC, IMSA, ALMS, etc) and their aero.

EDIT: Here's a pic to the rear of the car with the bodywork off. The bottom is open underneath here, I can't imagine the wake he's leaving behind the car because of that. GSX-R 1000 engine in case you're wondering, cars weight between 900-1000lbs with driver and fluids.

http://sports.racer.net/images/chassis/legrand/chip_haddock/sebring_090101_6.jpg

Top Bottom