• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

mileS

NameGenerated said:
1c3c4cc0fcd1.jpg

Thanks to Guled from the buy/sell/trade thread.

ahh man i've been looking for this game online for months now.. sold out everywhere and people are selling it for like $150+ used.

if anyone knows of a place that might have it online let me know.

Raife

mileS said:
ahh man i've been looking for this game online for months now.. sold out everywhere and people are selling it for like $150+ used.

Not sure where you've been looking online, but on ebay a used copy goes for around $30-$40 US, and it shouldn't be too much extra to have them ship to Canada. It's where I picked up a copy last week.

LiK

mileS said:

oh really? i still have an original sealed copy (not the reissue).

ckeur

VASPER said:
An early birthday present to my self.

Very good choice in games right there. I am really anxious to play Resistance, myself. Plan on getting it over the summer. R&CF has been one of my favorite games recently, and I am playing through Uncharted as I speak. Uncharted is beautiful and a blast to play.

botkiller said:
2412958099_5698b23304_b.jpg

- My second Macbook (After I broke my first.)
- MGS4 Preorder disc
- Company of Heroes

Wait, how well does Company of Heroes run on your Macbook? If it's decent, I may pick it up right now.

DangerStepp

DS3.jpg

Just got this delivered to the office a few minutes ago. I can't wait to try it out. I've already noticed that it's not cheaply see-thru like the original SIXAXIS is.

mags2.jpg

Mags.jpg

Some mag lots I got off of ebay. I have a weird nostalgic thing for old, defunct magazines.

LiK

DangerStepp said:
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee276/dangerstepp/mags2.jpg
[IMG]http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee276/dangerstepp/Mags.jpg

Some mag lots I got off of ebay. I have a weird nostalgic thing for old, defunct magazines.[/QUOTE]

holy shit, GMR. makes me wanna sell my huge collection of Gamefan mags. they take up too much space in my closet...

Pakman

mileS said:

Check your local Gamestop/EB. I remember that used copies were showing up on their website a few weeks back and it allowed for you to check for instore availability. All my local stores claimed they had used copies in stock. FYI it's no longer showing up on the website but the stores may still have copies.

botkiller

Jimmy Stav said:
Wait, how well does Company of Heroes run on your Macbook? If it's decent, I may pick it up right now.

Oh, Company of Heroes is for my PC, not my Macbook. And seeing how it runs on that (with an X1900XT), I doubt the Macbook could handle it.

zoku88

botkiller said:
Oh, Company of Heroes is for my PC, not my Macbook. And seeing how it runs on that (with an X1900XT), I doubt the Macbook could handle it.
Yea... Integrated gfx kinda suck :lol

Aurelius

darkpaladinmfc said:
:lol Why the hell did it get an 18+ rating? Blood is very minimal, I think there's one f-bomb and there's not even any revealing clothing.

I have no idea. Especially since "this work of fiction was designed, developed and produced by a multicultural team of various religious faiths and beliefs."

DangerStepp

Aurelius said:
I have no idea. Especially since "this work of fiction was designed, developed and produced by a multicultural team of various religious faiths and beliefs."
Is that a quote from the back of the box?

Danielsan

darkpaladinmfc said:
:lol Why the hell did it get an 18+ rating? Blood is very minimal, I think there's one f-bomb and there's not even any revealing clothing.
Blood is minimal? I don't think I remember wrong if I say I was stabbing dudes in their guts, slashing up their shoulders and cutting their throats and all of those actions had plenty of blood flowing around.

This is Europe where things make sense. Cursing wouldn't even give it a rating, we couldn't care less. Nudity would be fine but would probably aquire it a 16+. Extreme violence gives it an 18+ rating. Not that it matters because you can still just buy it in your local toystore.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27800.html

On second thought you're right, all I'm seeing is rainbows and butterflies.

bryehn

Couple more came in from Goozex users:

Final Fantasy X - I was fully expecting a redstriped copy, what a pleasant surprise!

08-04-15-ffx.jpg

And Conan - Looks decent enough to give a run through. Price seemed to drop to $30 at retail recently too.

08-04-15-conan.jpg

I don't know why, but I've been caving this game since it was released. Mini Copter Adventure Flight. reminds me of quirky Japanese Dreamcast/PS2 stuff

08-04-15-copter.jpg

Found this one in the bargain bin for $10. Nuff said.

08-04-15-redstar.jpg

And finally for this round, the Metal Gear Saga 2/MGO Beta disc that finally made it's way to Canada.

08-04-15-mgs.jpg

Going to grab Mana Khemia from the post office later.
Also picked up Ikaruga (XBLA) and some Rock Band tracks.
Got a couch and new receiver coming tomorrow. Plus GT5.
Persona 3: FES & GTA IV will round out my month.

SA400039.jpg

damn you rogers video! making me spend money!

F1:CE - finally found it for a reasonable price. why are all sony first party games still full price?(and more, since when this game came out, it was 70)
Virtua fighter 5 online - bought again for the superior version
Oblivion - bought again for the superior version
Geo wars galaxies - so awesome.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
08-04-15-ffx.jpg

Wow, so fresh!

Jeff-DSA

The last two on the left were pick ups this month. I picked up Spy Hunter on a road trip down to Las Vegas and Star Wars was shipped in from Pennsylvania.

fd03fa3d.jpg

Glix

went out and got this on my lunch break.

ds_mysterydungeonshiren.jpg

Still on tap for this month

RondO of Swords
The World Ends With You
Mario Kart Wii
GTA IV (360)
N World Wii Fit preorder - Miyamoto Shirt!!

Danielsan

Glix said:

RondO of Swords
The World Ends With You
Mario Kart Wii
GTA IV (360)
You're doing it wrong...

Duke Togo

Kadey said:
I think I may need help installing it. I don't even know where to begin.
When you clamp the corners down, make sure you do them in diagonal sequence, if that makes any sense. Like do the bottom right, then the top left...etc. You should hear a nice click when each leg is locked in place. Just take your time.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Glix said:

RondO of Swords
The World Ends With You
Mario Kart Wii
GTA IV (360)

2cojsyr.gif

eznark

Banned
Kadey, you end up installing the Freezer 7? Mine just got delivered today and is sitting at home waiting for me. Just wondering if you had any issues, I'm really hoping I don't need to remove the mobo

Glix

bryehn said:
Culdcept Saga is awesome.

Also, the Nyko covers don't fit snug in the Wii zapper :\

Just take 'em off when you put the wiimote in the zapper. The battery won't fall out while it's in there.

PS - About my "wrong" post...

The funny part is that I thought the thread was just for actual pics of the stuff you get, but then quickly going through the pages, I saw all the other peeps who just leeched an image of the box, so I did the same...

Yeah, I suck :D

LiK

Glix said:
Just take 'em off when you put the wiimote in the zapper. The battery won't fall out while it's in there.

yea, i plan on doing that. it shouldn't be much of a problem. ^.^

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Finally got my saga dvd and only bought AVP Box set on Blu-ray cause of a price glitch on amazon.com,only had to pay like $25.I'll put that up on ebay in the future and turn a profit :p

PICT0075-2.jpg

Top Bottom