• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

ccharla

Router said:
Flatout is highly awesome and highly underrated. Pick it up!

I was a little surprised that it's just an up-rezzed/improved version of Flatout 2, but it's still awesome, especially for $20.

Someone (maybe game informer, or someone here) called it Burnout's Redneck Cousin. I like the sloppy edge-of-crashing-at-all-tmes control a lot. Ditto the nordic metal soundtrack.

SaitoH

Metal Gear preorder disc, plus I finally decided to pick up La Boite Orange ...

dsc00183390.jpg

lupin23rd

Some of my newer pickups after a trip to Akihabara yesterday.

april_10th_pickups.jpg

Karasu (DC)
Espgaluda (PS2)
Echchrome (PSP - New)
Super Robot Wars MX Portable
Pure Leah! photo book (new Leah Dizon book)

I'm seriously considering picking up Milestone Shooting Collection on Wii this weekend (is it out then?) despite just buying Karasu, and I still need a PSP :lol

My computer completely tanked earlier this week :(

had to replace it.
SA400032.jpg

Specs: Intel C2Q 9300(45nm, quad core)
Video: XFX Nvidia 9800GTX(one, for now)
mobo: Evga Nforce 780i
Memory: 8 gigs
PSU: 1000watt
Hard drive: WD 1tb(plus old computers hard drives, totaling 3tb)

and what else.
SA400035-1.jpg

Not pictured: Tuniq tower. barely fit in the case, looks like pure, unfiltered awesomesauce. OEM 64 bit vista ultimate.

Souther

Banned
Can't post pictures but today i bought....

Devil May Cry 4, Call of Duty 4 and Dark Sector for PS3. Also No Country for Old Men(blu-ray) and Dragon Ball Z Remaster Edition Season 4.

Then Like last week I picked up MGS: The Essential Collection, Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3 and Rambo Ultimate Edtition(DVD)

Alot of money spent this month...

Was going to pick up a PSP..but i thought i would hold off until June so i can get the GOW PSP Bundle.

Zyzyxxz

SIP YEK NOD said:
My computer completely tanked earlier this week :(

had to replace it.
Specs: Intel C2Q 9300(45nm, quad core)
Video: XFX Nvidia 9800GTX(one, for now)
mobo: Evga Nforce 780i
Memory: 8 gigs
PSU: 1000watt
Hard drive: WD 1tb(plus old computers hard drives, totaling 3tb)

wow nice! Are you planning on getting another GTX or something, because of the SLi board and 1000watt PSU?

Anyway Personally I would have gotten the new Western Digital 640 gb harddrive which uses the new 320gb per platter technology resulting in performance increases for overall uses.

Zyzyxxz said:
wow nice! Are you planning on getting another GTX or something, because of the SLi board and 1000watt PSU?

Anyway Personally I would have gotten the new Western Digital 640 gb harddrive which uses the new 320gb per platter technology resulting in performance increases for overall uses.

Yeah SLI is coming(possibly three way if i get a decent price for my old tv), although i am going to have to probably get a new case for it when i do. the case looks a decent size empty, but throw a part or two in er, and well....

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa148/SIPYEKNOD/computer.jpg

I had to put the hard drive cages at the very top and very bottom, or else the video card would touch the drives leaving no room for cables, and had to mount the cages further out, to accomodate the cables. Also, you can see the tuniq tower there, which in order to get in i had to bed the side of the case a little, then bend it back once it was in.

As for the hard drive, its actually a seagate 7200.11, so isn't very far behind performance wise, and i really need the space. its sad seeing a grand total of 700mb free accross 2tb of space.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
2404129525_021f83560b.jpg

Finally decided to buy Mysterious Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer (DS)... Bought it at this nice local gaming shop in San Diego called Games On, which is owned by NeoGAF member AMUSIX!

2404129685_5df6de8643.jpg

Saw a Nyko Perfect Shot (Wii) at a nearby store, so I got that too...

2404129835_b724c420ea.jpg

Classic HK action starring Sammo Hung, Yuen Biao, and Cynthia Rothrock... Millionaire's Express aka Shanghai Express...

2404130033_c25bbba094.jpg

Got Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3 (PS2) and Dark Sector (PS3) for free from work...

2404130205_0cedf46a82.jpg

Also got a preview build of Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles (DS) which comes out in June!

lupin23rd said:

april_10th_pickups.jpg

Karasu (DC)
Espgaluda (PS2)
Echchrome (PSP - New)
Super Robot Wars MX Portable

I'm seriously considering picking up Milestone Shooting Collection on Wii this weekend (is it out then?) despite just buying Karasu, and I still need a PSP :lol
Espgaluda! US or Japan!? Where did you get it!? How much!? Please!!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
lupin23rd said:

april_10th_pickups.jpg

Mmm... I wanna get that one too... good pickups aside from the photobook too ^_^

lupin23rd

Yeah saw it at a local game shop, it was about $45 used.

I think it's the only one I've seen so far on my trip (here for a month so far, two more to go). I did see some other Espgaluda love in this very thread as well, I wonder where he got his?

Still looking for DoDonPachi DaiOuJyou.

Play-Asia has them for $65 new if you really want it.

Strikers 1945 for PlayStation :D
This is actually be the sequel(if you follow the arcade version) but its awesome none the less mewhahaha. So happy right now. Just got it in the mail.
DSC00592.jpg

Timo

2eggxeq.jpg

The image was taken with the camera that was in the box! Finally, an actual camera. It isn't the very best image ever, but it's good, and it's tiny.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Picked up Viking. It's pretty good so far. Got a Mahalo Uke since my old one finally broke. I have a custom tenor sized Ukulele getting built at the moment so its a few weeks away :(

2u6i4c3.jpg

lupin23rd said:
Yeah saw it at a local game shop, it was about $45 used.

I think it's the only one I've seen so far on my trip (here for a month so far, two more to go). I did see some other Espgaluda love in this very thread as well, I wonder where he got his?

Still looking for DoDonPachi DaiOuJyou.

Play-Asia has them for $65 new if you really want it.

T'would be me. I got mine during Play-Asia's 20% off sale for $55 shipped new. Would've purchased DDPDOJ at the same time if I had money to spare. Alas, it will have to wait.

Flock

xdb2gm.jpg

got given this psp for free today, so happy. :D
A girl i know said she had and never plays it and that i could just have it.

.hacked

Flock said:
xdb2gm.jpg

Free stuff is great!

hual411537.jpg

My Blu-Ray collections thanks you amazon and best buy for the $50 (HD DVD thing) :D

aznpxdd

Action Jackson said:
Some PC classics :D
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t118/rancidfood/GAFApril-1.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

Damn! I lost the big instruction booklet that came with StarCraft...I want it!

A few Saturn games I found cheap; (Destruction Derby, Earth Worm Jim 2, Soviet Strike, Steep Slope Sliders and Tunnel B1)

SP_A0103.jpg

Plus, Fighters Megamix and the latest FIP dvd turned up in the post;

SP_A0104.jpg

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Flock said:
xdb2gm.jpg

wtf, what happened to the girl? if shes willing to give you a PSP for free im sure shed be willing to give you even more if you asked..

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
haunts said:
wtf, what happened to the girl? if shes willing to give you a PSP for free im sure shed be willing to give you even more if you asked..
I'm guessing she's a pig.

Got my Red Vs Blue boxset. Pretty nifty. I like the DVD cases inside. Never before has popping a disc out been so easy! They should put that quote on the box.

apu6.jpg

Pakman

Just picked up a Zune 80 for $138.54 ($149.07 with tax) at Best Buy yesterday. Got them to PM a price mistake (I assume) that was listed on Walmart.com. Played around with it and so far I'm loving it (sorry for the bad picture - I have an ancient digital camera).

IMG_0279.jpg

Only annoyed by one thing on the Zune software though. I can't get album names to change from "unknown album" to whatever I want (even if I edit the album name in both the Zune player and out of the Zune player - it won't change it in my Zune). Even if the Zune software knows the name of the band - the music doesn't show up under the artists name - but only under "albums" and in "unknown album". Can't find a fix for this either after googling it. But it's a minor problem considering the price I payed it for.

Zyzyxxz

-40gb PS3
-PSP regular (used off cousin)
-Razer Copperhead gaming mouse (great mouse! Had to replace my Logitech G7 which was starting to wear down, I prefer the G7 but I paid $15 after rebate at the time for it so I dont feel like shelling out 70+ for a G9)
-Ratpadz gaming mouse surface (the mouse glides smoothly but not so much that its slippery)

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

CAVE343

Pakman said:
Just picked up a Zune 80 for $138.54 ($149.07 with tax) at Best Buy yesterday. Got them to PM a price mistake (I assume) that was listed on Walmart.com. Played around with it and so far I'm loving it (sorry for the bad picture - I have an ancient digital camera).

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff27/pak_man7/IMG_0279.jpg

Only annoyed by one thing on the Zune software though. I can't get album names to change from "unknown album" to whatever I want (even if I edit the album name in both the Zune player and out of the Zune player - it won't change it in my Zune). Even if the Zune software knows the name of the band - the music doesn't show up under the artists name - but only under "albums" and in "unknown album". Can't find a fix for this either after googling it. But it's a minor problem considering the price I payed it for.

The Zune looks pretty slick! I have the iPod Touch but would buy a Zune anyday if it were avail. here in EU. Nice one, also the price :)

Top Bottom