• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

DangerStepp

Ecto311 said:
The gamestop here puts the stickers on the wax paper under the plastic so they come right out. Might mention that to the tards that did that. It is possible to take the sticker off the paper just have to peal the bitch real slow.
But that sticky film...it'll remain on the package until the end of time.

one

L11063657.jpg

Nightz

Ecto311 said:
The gamestop here puts the stickers on the wax paper under the plastic so they come right out. Might mention that to the tards that did that. It is possible to take the sticker off the paper just have to peal the bitch real slow.
I also found that blowing on the sticky stuff as you peel it off helps it come off easier.

arena08

vultureparade said:
Where'd you pick it up and how ya liking it? I'm in the same boat you were in a week ago--thinking about picking up a new monitor and ps3 for gta.

I got it from ebuyer.co.uk. Its pretty nice, the speakers are piss poor but other than that I don't really have any complaints.

Gagaman

Rlan said:
Awesome Comix Zone CD :lol

Is Bomberman Fight!! actually good? I was really hoping it would get released back when SEGA Saturn Magazine was looking at it, but it never came out here. Looked awesome.
I haven't played much of it yet, but it's quite good if quite a bit different from your usual Bomberman (isometric, jumping, hills etc), and the character graphics can be a little hard to make out at times, but I'm liking what I've seen so far. Not in the same league as Saturn Bomberman by a long stretch (but then again, what is?) but you can pick it up really cheap now, I got mine for about £5.

waxer

Little dot mkiii tube amp. Just removed denon amp and polk speakers which hadnt been used for a month, hence the jumble of cables.
n5g2gl.jpg

2j5b1f.jpg

Poor little jvc su-dh1 had to move onto the floor to the left till I get longer cables over to my chair/bass shaker.
Also like to add that anyone with the hd595s best get an amp of some sort for them. Makes quite a difference.

x2y said:
Am I the only that hates those putrid yellow stickers Gamestop decided look better on the paper cover instead of the plastic. I can't stand this practice.

I hate them as well...i'll be peeling them off (carefully) soon.

XShagrath

I've never had a problem peeling off any stickers from GameStop/EB merchandise. The stickers are always on the outer plastic, and ever actually on the cover itself. It it leaves any sticky residue, I just apply a little Goo-Gone and it cleans right up.

joelseph

Apply packing tape and remove briskly at a 45 degree angle. Much better than smelling like Goo-Be-Gone for the rest of the day. =)

Sh0k

I bought Motorstorm used the day before yesterday and i had to remove 6 stickers from the damn box, 2 in the front, 2 in the back and 2 in the spine, in the plastic and in the paper insert .... :(

solidefy

Reilly said:
you'll ruin the cover. I did.

Use a blow drier (set it to med/high) on it for about 15 seconds then peel it off. It heats up the glue and it should come off much easier. If anything is left on there just repeat the process and carefully scrape it away with your fingernail.

All the ones by me changed their stickers last year and actually come off easier on the paper than they do on the plastic outside now. I've never had a problem with the ones on the paper.

nib95

Banned
Got it for a stupidly low price. Not sure whether to sell it on for a profit or keep it. Currently using a Canon G7. Could do with a better camera, but is it really necessary? If the camera was smaller I would have had no qualms.

canon2.jpg

canon1.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

I know its out on XBLA but I don't have a 360 (yet?) and 480p via Wii isn't so bad.

IMG_0194.jpg

Right now I think I'm the first to post I have Okami on the Wii! :D Also, Crush deserves your love.

IMG_0195.jpg

Of course we have good literature to top it off

Tiduz

Eurogaime
nib95 said:
Got it for a stupidly low price. Not sure whether to sell it on for a profit or keep it. Currently using a Canon G7. Could do with a better camera, but is it really necessary? If the camera was smaller I would have had no qualms.

canon2.jpg

canon1.jpg

id definately keep it. If you already feel you could use a better one its best to keep it, its really really nice, i got a Sony A100 and wouldnt want another one after using a DSLR. Keep your old one for simple pics and the DSLR for high quality pics, in example pics of your girlfriend :p

Zyzyxxz

Recently got a Saitek keyboard to accompany my blue razer mouse. Picked up the MGO+MGS Saga preorder disc along with GT5: Prologue. Sorry for crappy pics.

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Zyzyxxz said:
Recently got a Saitek keyboard to accompany my blue razer mouse. Picked up the MGO+MGS Saga preorder disc along with GT5: Prologue. Sorry for crappy pics.

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg
I has the same keyboard. It is awesome. ^_^

bryehn

GT5:p

08-04-17-gt5.jpg

My copy of Mana Khemia finally showed up, box is a bit trashed.

08-04-17-mana.jpg

SMT: Devil Summoner. Not Persona 3, but not that bad at all so far.

08-04-17-smt.jpg

And a new couch for ass-sitting :)

08-04-17-couch.jpg

-viper-

Banned
dsc00134copy483.jpg

I got GT5 Prologue and Logitech Driving Force EX as a birthday present from my friends. The picture was taken with the worst (built-in mobile phone) camera ever.

lupin23rd

Pickups over the last few days:

ddp_rock.jpg

DoDonPachi (Saturn)
DoDonPachi DaiOuJyou (PS2)
Rockman 20th Anniversary art book

Next week I will correct the error and pick up DonPachi for Saturn as well.

It's been awhile, but I finally bought a lot of shit this month. :lol

april2008pickup1.JPG

HP dv6770se and a Wacom Intuos tablet

april2008pickup2.JPG

april2008pickup3.JPG

april2008pickup4.JPG

april2008pickup5.JPG

The black Wii Wheel is so ABAP!

april2008pickup6.JPG

Team Quebeley! Zieg Zeon!!!

Oh yeah, and I got a new job today as an accounts consultant. :D

lupin23rd

I didn't see the PS1 version anywhere I looked, actually.

And currently, I don't have a way to play either Saturn or PS2 imports :lol :lol but I will be remedying that soon too.

painey

i've become everything i hate.. there really should be an off-topic pick up thread for non gaming goods.. but here goes

2421247001_43af224af2.jpg

Pairs of tickets for Mets v Washington Nats, Yankees v Mets, and Yankees v Orioles (on my bday!)
2423137188_326f431bd0.jpg

Pair of nike trainers
2423136756_a9d663f68e.jpg

Another pair of trainers.. the first black trainers ive ever owned
2422322133_630fd8e08f.jpg

Best disc art of any game this gen!

Picked up the usual stuff like Mario Kart Wii and GT 5 Prologue. But the best thing this month arrived this morning.

DSC00291.jpg

DSC00289.jpg

White PS3 with 120 GB HDD. Will be my bedroom gaming machine once my new house is finished.

evanylee

beans.JPG

Some free beans I got from miracle grow.

5d.JPG

A Canon EOS 5D Camera.

strat.JPG

A Fender Stratocaster HSS

r6v2.JPG

Rainbow Six: Vegas 2

tripod.JPG

A Manfrotto Tripod

and the best of all:
bagel.JPG

a huge kick ass bagel

Top Bottom