• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Show Us Your Gaming Goods!

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Logitech = best service ive ever had.

bought a logitech mx revolution about 2 years back, got the well known scrolling left click issue, mailed logitech, didnt have reciept and underside with serial was completely white from usage.

Had to handwrite down a number plus pic of said mouse, and now they are sending me a performance mx for free and i dont even have to send in the mx! A+ for Logitech

will post pic when i get it in the mail.

Pretty sure this tops everything.... lol :lol

Heres the explanation to how I got it below

http://lifeinthefridge.com/?p=403

Here it is

scstatue.jpg

I was recently showing my girlfriend (A photographer) this thread and she asked if anyone who plays videogames knows how to resizes pictures I told her clearly not.

joelseph

practice02 said:
I was recently showing my girlfriend (A photographer) this thread and she asked if anyone who plays videogames knows how to resizes pictures I told her clearly not.

sounds like a keeper :lol

Flek

Banned
practice02 said:

sounds like your girlfriend whasnt even looking at the thread. Maybe you should show her the (rare) posts of peoble with great photographic skills making theme based pickup pictures

Flek said:
sounds like your girlfriend whasnt even looking at the thread. Maybe you should show her the (rare) posts of peoble with great photographic skills making theme based pickup pictures
I haven't seen to many of those this month. Bii and _Dementia are the only ones of note and they size their pictures.

JEKKI

toasty_T said:
Oh noez stock intel fan :lol Nice build
Leonsito said:
Nice !

But change the CPU cooler, and do a little cable management :p
why is the stock fan bad and what is a suggested replacement??

I donno much about computers other than other than the one we got at my house my mom put a couple games on there and I play-*&^%!@;>\]$#

thefil

This is more of an anti-pickup...

uhohsmall.jpg

Protip: a soft case is not enough for a handheld with an open screen. Good thing my 2000 still works! I'll miss the suave color though.

Photo0927.jpg

Never watched it before today and liked it a lot despite some really cheesy spots. Though, would I rather it take itself very seriously like other super hero movies or do I enjoy the mix? Not sure which I would have preferred. BD burning up that warehouse scene was fucking awesome though.

thefil said:
To be fair... you picked it up... after dropping it. Bu-dum-tish! Seriously sucks though. =(

thefil said:

uhohsmall.jpg

Protip: a soft case is not enough for a handheld with an open screen. Good thing my 2000 still works! I'll miss the suave color though.
:(

double :( if that's the Miku LE

Silicon Knight said:
I haven't bought anything gaming related this month so far, but I did pick up some stuff this week. Excuse the shitty pics.

New office chair, the Markus from IKEA. Love it, very comfy.

1rvtd4.jpg

New fragrance.

29gewlc.jpg
The original guici by guici is amazing. How does the sport compare?

what exactly is meant by re-sizing photos?

I size them down to be viewable easier in the thread, but are you talking about editing/cropping them?

I just have a simple point-and-shoot and I take photos quickly as a way to participate in the thread, because I like seeing other people's pick ups.

I posted the rest of my retro pickups for this week in the 1000 yen challenge thread.

The only pictures I want to post here are of my UNOPENED copy of Chrono Trigger SNES and an unopened/unsold Sega Dreamcast Dream Eye. I put down 600 yen total for the two of them.

The Dream Eye was never opened and the batteries inside the packaging exploded from being 10 years old. Every thing else inside was just fine and still sealed. Even the box wasn't faded or dinged up. An incredible find.

DVC00018.jpg

DVC00026.jpg

I may end up ebaying the dream eye and Chrono Trigger as they seem to be worth some cash and I really don't need or want either of them. I do admit that Chrono Trigger box art looks pretty slick though. Usually I find loose carts or bent out of shape, faded boxes.

RoninChaos said:
The original guici by guici is amazing. How does the sport compare?
I love it. The Sport edition is a bit lighter and more citrus-like than the original. It's more suitable for day-to-day use if you ask me. Also, the scents lasts an entire day easily.

SonOfABeep said:

I size them down to be viewable easier in the thread, but are you talking about editing/cropping them?

I just have a simple point-and-shoot and I take photos quickly as a way to participate in the thread, because I like seeing other people's pick ups.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, its the first time in a year I have seen someone mention it (lets be honest, we all enjoy spying on stuff in the background of people's pics)

JEKKI said:
why is the stock fan bad and what is a suggested replacement??

I donno much about computers other than other than the one we got at my house my mom put a couple games on there and I play-*&^%!@;>\]$#

There isn't really anything wrong with it, the standard fan will have your CPU operating at quite a high temperature. Mine was running at around 65C under load (Australian climate if that means anything)

With an after market cooler you'll get lower operating temperatures and you can overclock that summumabitch. I've gotten a 25% increase with my load temp below 45C. Running the CPU cooler can go a ways to extending its life too.

kyo_daikun said:
I wouldn't worry too much about it, its the first time in a year I have seen someone mention it (lets be honest, we all enjoy spying on stuff in the background of people's pics)

this

except fucking iphone(3 and 3GS) photos. I hate those. I dunno why but even my first VGA Nokia cellphone camera takes better pics.
freaking blurry mess

I hope iphone 4 takes better ones

Still no Project Diva 2 :mad:

Fuel was £6.99 in Sainsburys so decided it would fill the gap between now and the later August releases.

Bought Alundra 2 off eBay on the 12th July and, due to seller circumstances, only arrived today.

DSC00047.jpg

Flek

Banned
Tiduz said:
Logitech = best service ive ever had.

bought a logitech mx revolution about 2 years back, got the well known scrolling left click issue, mailed logitech, didnt have reciept and underside with serial was completely white from usage.

Had to handwrite down a number plus pic of said mouse, and now they are sending me a performance mx for free and i dont even have to send in the mx! A+ for Logitech

will post pic when i get it in the mail.

seriously? I hate logitechs service … they totally failed me 2 times already :/

drkOne

practice02 said:
I haven't seen to many of those this month. Bii and _Dementia are the only ones of note and they size their pictures.
What do you mean by "sizing" their pictures?
I don't even…

SonOfABeep said:

pixel width and height. For example justanotherotaku perfect size. Mortalmonkey on the other hand could shrink that picture of the kane and lynch comic down a bit. Just thoughts I love this thread it's probably my fav on GAF so I'm just throwing out a thought to keep it the classiest thread on GAF.

Gameboy415

meppi said:
Taromaru.jpg

And yes, that's Taromaru for the Sega Saturn. Been after that game for about 10 years now. Never picked it up due to it's price and rarity, till now. :D

Nice! Where did you score it and how much did you pay?

Upsidedown Fuji said:
I posted the rest of my retro pickups for this week in the 1000 yen challenge thread.

The only pictures I want to post here are of my UNOPENED copy of Chrono Trigger SNES and an unopened/unsold Sega Dreamcast Dream Eye. I put down 600 yen total for the two of them.

The Dream Eye was never opened and the batteries inside the packaging exploded from being 10 years old. Every thing else inside was just fine and still sealed. Even the box wasn't faded or dinged up. An incredible find.

1000 yen challenge thread? I can't believe I missed that while I was living in Japan! :(
I remember seeing Dream Eyes quite often, but never that cheap. As for Chrono Trigger, I too found a mint CIB copy for only 150yen at WonderGoo a few years back. :D

.....God I miss shopping in Japan :(

Beck

I picked up a bunch of stuff this month so far (well for me at least).

manga1s.jpg

manga2s.jpg

I really needed to catch up on the manga... i'm still behind in Gantz and Yotsuba&!

novel1s.jpg

First two books were alright so I bought this one too.

unibooks1s.jpg

Gah... Classes are coming up in less than a month... I need 3 more (expensive) books :'(

overlords.jpg

The Overlord DLC... Something a bit more gaming related.

scottpilgrimpsns.jpg

Here's hoping it's good. I still have to play it.

steam1s.jpg

Two Steam games I got earlier this month.

MisterNoisy

To be honest, I picked this up for use at work:

dln95s.jpg

Unicomp Customizer - their remake of the classic IBM Model M with the same buckling springs. :D

practice02 said:
With your charming personality, it's painfully obvious you don't have a girlfriend.

Alright, this arguing about resizing pictures is getting annoying. Don't the rules in this thread clearly state not to go off on others here?

Top Bottom