• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Desmond

pkWwWl.jpg

Yu Yu Hakusho 1 and 2. [import]. I find it odd one had a slipcover. My OCD will drive me nuts.

Tangled Bluray from disney movie rewards (thanks Famassu)

Loxley

- I'm really into WWII history, so at $13.99 I could not pass up WWII in HD, thank you History Channel facebook page, probably the first time "liking" something has yielded tangible results :)
- Been meaning to pick up Rise and Fall for a while now and man, it's not exactly a light read; 1200 pages of knowledge.
- Annnnnddd The Hobbit, because I've been putting off reading it for far too long.

(I also needed something I could read in public that doesn't have a giant goddamn swastika on the cover).

Negaiido

CPS2 said:
ra1duv.jpg

my first non-ghetto phone =]

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)

:X Hope you don't get banned for that because we don't see the actual phone. What kind of phone is it?

Negaiido

CPS2 said:
I thought direct feed "actual pics" were ok? it's a galaxy s2.

If so, then sorry for worrying you.

And you're damn right about the non-ghetto, going from ghetto to high class. Nice phone

Chopper

jcutner said:
Holy shit, that's fucking awesome. I think they're playing London again soon. You can't fucking stop me. Have an amazing time.
CPS2 said:
my first non-ghetto phone =]
Nice. I got an S2 this week too. Where did you get that wallpaper? I don't want to derail the thread, so maybe PM me, but how you getting on with it? It's my first smart phone too, and I think I'm struggling to make the most of it. The array of customisation options, whether you root it or not (for the time being, I've chosen not to), are a bit overwhelming!

yamo

I had no clue this was actually a book untill I stumbled on it in the bookstore today. I have not played the game (not a fan of shooters), but the universe intrigues me so I picked it up.

380.jpg

Upsidedown Fuji said:
This month's pickup was 500 yen. I couldn't pass it up at that price even though I probably won't wear it out much.

DSCF0010-1.jpg

That's a really cool shirt. I'd probably wear it out as often as I could. : P

TxdoHawk

Octorockin' said:

Yeah I gotta say, that is pretty okay-looking, especially as far as $6 anime shirts (or anime shirts in general) go. No reason to be ashamed of that one.

CPS2

Chopper said:
Nice. I got an S2 this week too. Where did you get that wallpaper? I don't want to derail the thread, so maybe PM me, but how you getting on with it? It's my first smart phone too, and I think I'm struggling to make the most of it. The array of customisation options, whether you root it or not (for the time being, I've chosen not to), are a bit overwhelming!

It's this one... https://market.android.com/details?id=eu.codlab.nyan&feature=search_result You can even set it so that it's constantly playing music >_<
I'm still getting used to it, first thing I did was throw all the apps in one folder so they were out of the way, and then check if any of them were actually worth using, and moved stuff around. I'm in Aus and with Optus, they really put a lot of crap on the phone that you'll never use, and Samsung's pre-packaged software isn't that great either.

I've sort of got the hang of things now, but yeah if a program feels slow, and it's redirecting through a bunch of websites through your provider, better off deleting it or moving it out of the way, and getting an app that does the same thing. I'm not using the default browser anymore either... love the phone so far, just need to put some music and videos on there and try out some media players.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Big haul for me the last 2 weeks.

jv58nn.jpg

Alienware Aurora
I7-2600 @ 3.40ghz
2 x 1TB drives
1 x 2TB drive
Nvidia GeForce GTX 580
8gig ram
TactX mouse & Keyboard

2ceoym8.jpg

OptX AW2310 23" 3D Full HD Monitor

9pq1km.jpg

Alienware m11x
17-2617M @ 1.50ghz
Nvidia GeForce GT 540M
750GB HDD
8gig ram

Games:
The Witcher 2
Dragon Age 2
Mass Effect 2
The Witcher EE

Octorockin' said:
Thanks. I'll try to figure out how to get it into my casual rotation. I'm just not too fond of white t-shirts but this one does rock. :)

Smokey

DSC_1579.jpg

8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

Have a total of 16GB now. Won't ever need that much but RAM is so cheap figured why not. Same RAM I bought in April was $112. Ordered the second pair last Friday for $60. Need to move that damn cord from the pump to the other side of the radiator tubes.

WEGGLES

Warnen said:
Big haul for me the last 2 weeks.

http://i51.tinypic.com/jv58nn.jpg[IMG]
Alienware Aurora
I7-2600 @ 3.40ghz
2 x 1TB drives
1 x 2TB drive
Nvidia GeForce GTX 580
8gig ram
TactX mouse & Keyboard

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/2ceoym8.jpg[IMG]
OptX AW2310 23" 3D Full HD Monitor

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/9pq1km.jpg[IMG]
Alienware m11x
17-2617M @ 1.50ghz
Nvidia GeForce GT 540M
750GB HDD
8gig ram

Games:
The Witcher 2
Dragon Age 2
Mass Effect 2
The Witcher EE[/QUOTE]
You win the lottery? :P

Nice choice on games. It'll suck to play an older uglier game on a new machine, but play TW1 first.

Chopper

I had a lovely package in the mail this morning, and I have KoreanBarbecue in the B/S/T thread to thank. I've been after these for a long time, and I'm so pleased to have finally got hold them!

2129f.jpg

Everything is in immaculate condition. Much of it still sealed. Beautiful.

fQC5v.jpg

And a couple of other bits.

gMIPr.jpg

glaurung

Yocke said:
blu-ray.com gave the video quality 4 out of 5 and said this:
I frankly never saw the HD-DVD release of The Big Lebowski, but I have to wonder whether this is the same transfer, due to the VC-1 encode (in 1080p and 1.85:1). The film is not overly pretty, despite having been lensed by the magnificent cinematographer Roger Deakins (Kundun). Colors are bright, just this side of lurid a lot of the time (especially within the confines of the bowling alley), but are lifelike and suitably robust. Sharpness is certainly much better than the DVD, though there is attendant edge enhancement and some minor artifacting issues, including transitory aliasing, as well as some fairly noticeable crush in the nighttime scenes. Fine detail is quite good a lot of the time, again especially in the brightly lit bowling alley sequences, where everything from Turturro's plush velour purple jumpsuit to the shiny ambience of the bowling balls themselves are delivered with clarity and precision. Some of the film still looks relatively soft, as it always has, but on the whole fans of The Big Lebowski shouldn't have too much to complain about with this new Blu-ray.
I suppose it's as good as it's going to get.

Madrical

Banned
IMG_0184.jpg

Had my 21st recently, not pictured is a bunch of other stuff but mainly money & alcohol. This is awesome though, my girlfriend bought me the two box sets of Sin City. Never read them before, and I'm super impressed.. halfway through the third now and I'm loving it. It's also given me a lot more respect for the film too, which follows it so incredibly close. Love 'em!

EDIT: Holy shit, I love the quality of the 3GS camera.

robot

Desmond said:
pkWwWl.jpg

Yu Yu Hakusho 1 and 2. [import]. I find it odd one had a slipcover. My OCD will drive me nuts.

Tangled Bluray from disney movie rewards (thanks Famassu)

I'm watching Yu Yu Hakusho now (same set) and it's really good. Can't believe I passed this up back in the day. Great transfer too!

Yocke

glaurung said:
blu-ray.com gave the video quality 4 out of 5 and said this:I suppose it's as good as it's going to get.
No it's not. Look at the screens in the link I provided. The film looks better in the clips in the documentary, before they started the digital tinkering. They're just using an old master.

isny

napkin dispenser
ArchAngel said:

Does this use the Bluewater/Ocean dub or the Funi dub? I've heard some of the international releases used the Canadian Bluewater/Ocean dub, and I'd be hella interested in picking those boxes up if they did =D

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
isny said:
Did you buy this direct from Dell?, and is that the one on sale for $1150?

Its the one with the offers for the ram and hd upgrade. Going to return it. I called to cancel the order right after I ordered it because I read the screen kind of sucked but they said I could get it and they would wave the restock fee if I didn't like it. I don't like it.

WEGGLES said:
You win the lottery? :p

Nice choice on games. It'll suck to play an older uglier game on a new machine, but play TW1 first.

Already beat witchier 2 before I bought the 1st one lol. At $3.99 I couldn't pass it up, going to play thru before Witcher 2.0 goes live.

MidnightRider said:
HOLY CRAP $30 for a t shirt?

I buy a bunch of overpriced stuff but man i don't know if i could talk myself into buying one.

+1 on the shirt though. it's badass!

It saddens me that my idea of how much is acceptable for a t-shirt has slowly climbed over the past couple of years from sub-$15 to over $25 in a few cases.

Takao

Banned
isny said:
Does this use the Bluewater/Ocean dub or the Funi dub? I've heard some of the international releases used the Canadian Bluewater/Ocean dub, and I'd be hella interested in picking those boxes up if they did =D

That only includes the German language dub. The post-Funimation Bluewater/Ocean dubs haven't seen DVD releases anywhere

omgkitty said:
How is it? I am usually pretty reserved when it comes to Dragon Ball games seeing as a lot of them are usually shit.

I haven't sunk a lot of time into it yet, but it's really charming, and obvious that a lot of care was put into this game. Reviews for it are unanimously positive.

Urban Scholar said:
What is this?

Dragon Ball Kai: Ultimate Butouden. An English release is highly unlikely.

QP3

Loxley said:
- Annnnnddd The Hobbit, because I've been putting off reading it for far too long.

I finished this about a month ago. read it mainly because of the movie coming out.

I then started The Fellowship, but a Game of Thrones has completely ripped me away :p

Top Bottom