• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Anth0ny

N4Us said:
zPHeG.jpg

So I see this and wonder, "What the hell is this?". I keep seeing it everywhere at the flea market today, and I thought it was just one of the Olympic games, but then I remembered those never came out on the GBA. So I decided what the hell, bought one and

HQY7G.jpg

HOLY FUCK

LOL amazing.

JEKKI

d0c_zaius said:
Tell me you got the Cheesy Tots!

Love me some Unami burger :)
u will be told no such thing!!

I had sweet potato fries, and my friends had regular fries and onion rings.

no cheesy tots for you!!!!!!

so u better come next time!

Went on a weekend trip out of town with the girlfriend last weekend.

Happened upon a Books-a-Million. Holy fuck Books-a-Million.

vlt81.jpg

I dropped almost $100 easily on kidrobot figures alone. Bought two Futurama figures, a Family Guy figure, and a Simpsons figure along with a Yummy Breakfast figure and a Smorkin' figure on Friday, and went back on Saturday to buy the remaining Futurama figures (3), another Simpsons Figure, and two more Yummy Breakfasts.

Unfortunately I got two Mom figures (Of which one isn't pictured here) and a Nibbler-of which I already own. Any chance of there being a current thread on GAF for trading of these little guys?

RFRbM.jpg

Also I'm in love with Retro Gamer. A shame it's UK-based. The Sonic issue is getting framed as soon as I finish reading it.

NEO0MJ

Finally picked up the rest of the Sandman volumes, at least the recolored ones. Ubik is going to be the first book I read in a looong time.

2011-08-15112116.jpg
[/IMG]

Felt lucky to not only find Tales, but at a decent price, too.

2011-08-15112305.jpg
[/IMG]

AbsoluteZero said:
RFRbM.jpg

Also I'm in love with Retro Gamer. A shame it's UK-based. The Sonic issue is getting framed as soon as I finish reading it.

these are the only magazines i buy as well. Retro and Edge are both UK based and very expensive for me but i only buy one each per month. i love that retro guide as well.

mochuuu said:
awesome. +1 respect for that

I may be pretty screwed in my quest for everything from Hydeout Productions. There is one gatefold cover vinyl that was available only in person for one day for the 15th Anniversary of Nujabes' Guinness Records store. There were only 500 copies pressed and it has been impossible for me to find anywhere.

So hey, if anybody has any idea where I can get a copy of Reflection Eternal/Another Reflection (A/B 12" vinyl) that would be pretty boss.

Looks like this

R-2277348-1274101958.jpeg

I will probably have to beg it off somebody on discogs.

mkenyon

Banned
devon the dude said:
So jelly! I want a forester pretty bad. Thinking of trading in my CR-V for one.
Traded in a 2006 Outback LL Bean Edition, and despite the supposed "step down" in trim, I like the new car a lot more. Handles great, awesome gas mileage, and the interior is perfectly appointed for what I need out of a commuter car. The USB media player control is pretty stupid awesome. Scrolling through my classic iPod is just as easy with the car now. Bluetooth hands free is a great plus, and it even displays your current cell reception right in the media player display.

Next to my '04 WRX, this is without a doubt my most favorite car I've owned.

MG310

Looks like more Humberto Ramos. Love that Fastball Special one. If you don't mind asking how much? Going to NYCC this year and want to get a few sketches.

Here's my newest pickups..

DSCN0751.jpg

DSCN0752.jpg

SDCC Adam Hughes Uncharted poster - 1250/5000
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate/Dragon Age 2 from the EA sale - 30 dollars total
Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock Guitar bundle - 9.99 at TRU
Zelda OOT soundtrack from Club Nintendo

Super Blu Ray

DC Jim Lee: Icons hardcover
Udon Mega Man Tribute softcover

I filmed a little of Humberto working on the cannonball special!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTInVMCY-iI

I'll have the second part up tomorrow. Had I know that he would have no qualms with being filmed, I would've brought a tripod. Next time, I'll get a tripod for sure.

Some tips for anyone that will look for him at a con: Get to the show as early as possible and try to be as close to the front of the general admittance line as possible. I was dead last on his list by the time I got to his table despite getting to his table within 10 minutes of the show starting. He only did about 10 sketches each day, so you really should plan accordingly. Also before you actually get on the show floor, be sure that you know exactly where his table will be. That'll help you get to him quicker. And bring a camera/tripod combo and ask him to let you film. :D

Cystm said:
FastballSpecial.jpg

I am disappoint.
Well, I actually knew it's called the Fastball Special; but the way Humberto drew it, it looks (to me at least) like Colossus is launching Wolverine like a cannonball as opposed to a baseball. :)

.hacked

Snipes424 said:
Nice! Plan on getting any stripes? I do like the blue and black combo.

Yeah at some point, waiting to see what becomes available over the next few months. Thinking about getting the orange mirror caps and side scuttles, my wife went to UF so the countryman would have the gators colors.

I really love the car but I am a mini fan we have 3; the countyman s, a 2011 hardtop S (eclipse gray w/ black union jack goodies) and a hampton ed clubman s.

I cant fathom why anyone would have 3 of the same car, let alone 3 mini coopers. If you have money to buy 3 cars like that why not get something different so when you drive it actually feels like a different car, not .. you know.. the same. But hey thats just me.

Borman

Im still waiting for this job thing to pan out so I can pick up a Mini. Ill be going no-stripes though, really not a fan. Will probably just get the Cooper S model in Green (or Brown). Really looking forward to it.

Bii

MortalMonkey said:

Are you going to frame/hang them up on your walls? I have a few sketches from different artists but have yet to decide if I was going to hang them or not.

6048601534_46fb3c9f0f_b.jpg

Demigod: Collector's Edition. PC. $16
I debated on getting the standard edition since it was half the price but settled on the Collector's Edition instead. I don't know if the figurine, soundtrack CD and poster was worth $8 but ever since its release, I wanted to try the game. Due to a huge backlog, I held off buying it until now. I'm not sure how big the community is today (seems kind of dead) but I'm sure I can justify the purchase by just playing single-player.

6048049501_48dd103714_b.jpg

Michael Buble Concert Tickets. Middle Floor, 2nd Row Seating. $265
This is my second time seeing Michael Buble in concert. The last time he was in town, I had front row seats but was to the left of the stage. This time, I got second row seats but was right in the middle. Like the first concert a few years back, it was very entertaining. Naturally 7, their opening act, seemed to have improved over the years as did Michael. Overall, it was a more fun and interactive show. If he comes back in town again, I can't settle for anything less than second row.

Top Bottom