• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

zso18y.jpg

Picked this up last night after my shift (yes, I was still in the store when I took it).

Gotta play through a bit before I leave for my vacation tomorrow.

5cce5e6c.jpg

I bought up all the Japanese guides for the original Dead or Alive I could find. Three for the Saturn version and one for the Playstation. Frame data, fuck yeah! They also include some artwork I haven't seen before which is also very interesting, including original character brainstorming ideas and cut characters.

Super and the Twilight Zone Blu-rays but... season 3 came without a slipcover. =(

Mario and Luigi plush dolls to sit on top of my TV next to Sonic and Tails.

Special J

Banned
Netto-kun said:
Waiting for the 2x 8GB SDHC Micro cards from Amazon.
SSL22344.jpg

hmm i wonder thats for :p

i have one too works great and oddly out performs an official pro duo 2gb sony card. what class did you get because class 4 typically work best.

Az987

all good things
grap3fruitman said:
Super and the Twilight Zone Blu-rays but... season 3 came without a slipcover. =(

Twilight Zone, awesome! I only have season 1.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this but there were some issues with season 1 so you might want to try it out. I think they might have fixed it though because mine plays fine but a lot of people had problems with it.

So just a heads up.

Chopper

Sylver said:
Finally you got it, grats. I unlocked all staff two days ago, sad Mr. Satan is not on it. Awesome. Kaito is a playable character.
OlxRz.jpg
Are you Japanese? If not, you import friendly is it?!

Sylver

Banned
Chopper said:
Are you Japanese? If not, you import friendly is it?!
No, I'm spaniard (european). I imported it sealed from french ebay member. Very easy and just three days to come.
If you're european I can send you a link to him, It has 2 more on stock right now. Make me know if want and I'll PM you.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Sylver said:
No, I'm spaniard (european). I imported it sealed from french ebay member. Very easy and just three days to come.
If you're european I can send you a link to him, It has 2 more on stock right now. Make me know if want and I'll PM you.

I think he meant how easy is it to play without knowing japanese.

Sylver

Banned
Zerokku said:
I think he meant how easy is it to play without knowing japanese.
Oh sorry then, totally misunderstand him. Then, as far as the game it's just a 2D fighting game is very easy. Once you know and take the gameplay the story is the well known by everybody. The game have all the features from a fighting (dragon ball) game. Story mode, customize your players, tournaments, versus mode, etc... I didn't read any guide and I achieve all, so make sure is very easy. XD
Story mode have some levels that are just tutorials and this make all more easy. If you've played any dragon ball you won't get any problem .

Takao

Banned
Sylver said:
Finally you got it, grats. I unlocked all staff two days ago, sad Mr. Satan is not on it. Awesome. Kaito is a playable character.
OlxRz.jpg

Yeah, I got my copy in the mail yesterday. I even made a thread for the game, haha. Too bad it was after you already cleared it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
loblaw said:
New monitor, just in time to watch some 1080p Dota 2 matches. Love it, the quality is stellar both design and screen.

http://i.imgur.com/W4vp6.jpg[/QUOTE]

Are these LED screens good for digital drawing?

loblaw said:
New monitor, just in time to watch some 1080p Dota 2 matches. Love it, the quality is stellar both design and screen.

[MG]http://i.imgur.com/W4vp6.jpg[/IMG]

Yeah Samsung never disappoints on their picture quality

NEO0MJ said:
Finally picked up the rest of the Sandman volumes, at least the recolored ones. Ubik is going to be the first book I read in a looong time.
2011-08-15112116.jpg
[/IMG]

I just read Ubik last week, it was coincidentally the first non-textbook I'd read in a good while, and I enjoyed the hell out of it. You have great taste!

WEGGLES

Big month so far.

Click for full size

A Game of Thrones.

Loving it.
Nearly done now, so I picked up...

And figure I should enter the 21st century at some point, so I got a cellphone.

Google Nexus S

3DS price drop, picked it up.

(Shh. Actually got it in July so I'd still be an ambassador)

To go with it

Got some music related stuff too...

Bright Eyes tickets

Mum - We made the frogs smoke until they exploded 7"

David Cross - It's Not Funny LP

David Cross - Shut-up You Fucking Baby 3 LP (On Red, White and Blue vinyl)

Two Crown King

Nardwaurs band. Solid stuff.

LCD Soundsystem - 45:33

I love women. The gender and the band!

Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest

Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News

Andrew Jackson Jihad compilation of 3 EPs

Destroyer - Kaputt (AOTY 2011 for sure)

isny

napkin dispenser
EagleTwin said:
2 weeks in japan

Two weeks? I can only imagine how much junk I'm going to mail home during my month long stay later this year.

Just booked this the other day =D

zvpp38.jpg

eXistor

11uyudj.jpg

Yay Xenoblade! I also have the posters. I actually made a pretty elaborate picture of it all, but it turns out I took the shot on my camera's memeory and I don't have the cable for it anymore. So I had to retake it when I put my memory card in and then I didn't feel like setting everything up again...

Also Goldeneye and The Dog Island on the cheap. Don't knock The Dog Island btw, it's a cute little adventure/exploration game with some pretty big environments. It's simplistic, but it works even if it is a little repetitive.

And I finally got my Zelda OST. I had to email Nintendo where it was and apparently my order never came through even though they could see I registered the game on time. So they were kind enough to send it in anyway.

luffeN

loblaw said:

W4vp6.jpg
Is this a 24 inch? Which monitor is it exactly? thx!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was going to wait on Deus Ex and Kamen Rider, but I probably won't get those until next month. Just wanted to show these off
2wowtw3.jpg

Digishine

Banned
zoner said:
Was going to wait on Deus Ex and Kamen Rider, but I probably won't get those until next month. Just wanted to show these off

Squidbillies so good tv-show that I had to import it to watch it

Chopper said:
Very nice. It's massive. Enjoy. Did you meet them?

Nope. But I was going to meet them in the Vip deck on Pukkelpop but with all stuff that happend there I don't know if they gonna be there or not.

Kambing

bPod said:
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq127/bjvinzon/IMG_1004.jpg/IMG]
[IMG]http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq127/bjvinzon/IMG_1006.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

DUDEEEE, please tell me where! OMG that is just too cool. *MGS fanboy*

Pezking

Kambing said:
DUDEEEE, please tell me where! OMG that is just too cool. *MGS fanboy*

Just did a quick search.

It seems to be the "Metal Gear Solid VCD Figur Solid Snake Zombie Version" by Medicom.

A few shops here in Germany have it in stock. For whooping 90 Euros...so yeah, so much for that.

Top Bottom