• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Mithos

Gold Member
donkey show said:
Moved to the UK last month so I've been picking up a ton of new stuff.

and Xenoblade Chronicles! :D

BnBUt.png

Seriously that looks way better then when I tried it on a component CRT screen :O
Maybe its the distance from screen or just plasma rocks? ^^

Mithos said:
Seriously that looks way better then when I tried it on a component CRT screen :O
Maybe its the distance from screen or just plasma rocks? ^^

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/panasonic-tx-p46vt20b-tx-p46vt20-20110125978.htm

The TX-P46VT20B features the same SD video processing quality as every other 2010 Panasonic Plasma television. There are only so many times we can re-word this, so allow us to re-hash a quick summary:

- Suppression of jaggies in interlaced material (TV sporting events, chat shows, cheaper drama shows) is very good, but not top-of-the-range. You might notice some slight flickering in very detailed areas (think brick walls, car grilles, etc.)

- Film mode detection for film camera/ low-motion material is still non-existent. This means that films input to the Panasonic TX-P46VT20 in interlaced standard definition (such as on Freesat, Freeview, or from an older non-upconverting DVD player) will have small jaggies visible in some areas. A high quality Upconverting DVD player will sidestep this issue, assuming it doesn’t have the exact same issues on its own video processing chip, that is.

- Scaling performance is excellent, meaning that in spite of the above, SD TV pictures look as clear and sharp as they possibly could (albeit with the shortcoming mentioned).

The last point plays strongly in the Panasonic TX-P46VT20B’s favour, and once combined with the accurate Greyscale tracking, colour performance, and high contrast Plasma look, makes for some very satisfying standard definition viewing.

I definitely can't complain. =)

nonnocere

^ Beautiful Mustang.

Found a small table for my chair while I'm gaming. Not usually into modern styles, but it was appealing. Also got AC: Brotherhood on sale.

6062833339_74da0ec87d_z.jpg

Please note the lazy border collie mix feet in the top corner. She's had a hell of a week.

tenz0r

nonnocere said:
^ Beautiful Mustang.

Found a small table for my chair while I'm gaming. Not usually into modern styles, but it was appealing. Also got AC: Brotherhood on sale.

6062833339_74da0ec87d_z.jpg

Please note the lazy border collie mix feet in the top corner. She's had a hell of a week.

where did you pick up that side table? I've been looking to replace my current table with something smaller just like that.

mblitek

Diseased Yak said:
I'm having a good August :)

2011 Ford Mustang GT/CS:

Nooooo, what's that thing in the centre console!? Sniff, automatic?

But seriously, nice car. I saw a few on the highway today, it's amazing how much better the new Mustangs look with what is essentially a nip and tuck from a distance. The new rear bumper is nice. Is that the new 5.0L version?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
omgkitty said:
Where'd you get Baccano on blu-ray from? I want to pick it up, but I can't seem to find it anywhere that isn't at least $60 or $70.

You're going to pay a premium for it because it's a limited print run.

omgkitty

Kagari said:
You're going to pay a premium for it because it's a limited print run.

It's so dumb. The worst part is that Funimation could totally say screw it and not put it out on a normal blu-ray set.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
omgkitty said:
It's so dumb. The worst part is that Funimation could totally say screw it and not put it out on a normal blu-ray set.

Somehow I don't think they will. Aniplex decided to release it instead of them.

LiK

Kung Fu Grip said:
Well shit. Fuck the ipad.

Off hunting tomorrow.

pretty much sold out today already. it was mass hysteria on slickdeals and other bargain sites. i missed out on all the online discounts. was gonna get one as a gift.

Zing

Banned
Yami said:
iphoneround2.png

(First got stolen a few months back, finally got round to replacing it. Total cost: £152 plus lots of Tesco vouchers.)

…but just a few weeks before the announcement of the iPhone 5?

These are being discounted here in Canada in anticipation of the upgrade.

Hawthorns

omgkitty said:
Where'd you get Baccano on blu-ray from? I want to pick it up, but I can't seem to find it anywhere that isn't at least $60 or $70.

It's a rightstuf.com exclusive I believe and like Kagari said it's fairly limited and won't be reprinted. It's currently $59.48 on their website.

nonnocere

tenz0r said:
where did you pick up that side table? I've been looking to replace my current table with something smaller just like that.

Target - http://tinyurl.com/3o4klba

$80, by the by.

I used my own felt tips, since the rubberized ones in the box were on 3 out of 4 legs.

Seems quite stable, though. I'll miss having a drawer, but it is hard to find a small tables that won't obstruct the flow of traffic around the chair (I have two young children), so less sharp edges are always preferred.

BearChair

vitaminwateryum said:
Mummy poster got here today!

Also, now that I've got another poster to throw up I've finally got a reason to take my Stout Star Wars down and replace them with these:

6059684697_5187e2a0bf_z.jpg
6059685541_6bce25232b_z.jpg

Could you remind me of the Web site where you got these. I visited there a few days ago but can't remember the link.

Desmond

Hawthorns said:
New Blurays
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j342/Hawthorns-/IMG_1326.jpg[/[/QUOTE]

why didn't you pick up Manga's Evangelion BD? is there much difference between that and Funi's?

Hawthorns

I'm not too sure if there's any difference. I got the first US Evangelion with my PlanetAxel points so it was virtually free. Bought the US 2.22 for continuity and I prefer the packaging :)

Desmond

Hawthorns said:
I'm not too sure if there's any difference. I got the first US Evangelion with my PlanetAxel points so it was virtually free. Bought the US 2.22 for continuity and I prefer the packaging :)
Oh ok. Different strokes I suppose, can't stand the orange colour!

omgkitty

BearChair said:
Could you remind me of the Web site where you got these. I visited there a few days ago but can't remember the link.

http://mondotees.com/ They announce posters a day or two before release and then they release them randomly during a day. Their posters usually sell out within about 3 to 4 minutes.

Hawthorns said:
It's a rightstuf.com exclusive I believe and like Kagari said it's fairly limited and won't be reprinted. It's currently $59.48 on their website.

Thanks for the site. Do you think the set is worth it for that price?

Hawthorns

omgkitty said:
Thanks for the site. Do you think the set is worth it for that price?

For me it was worth it. I already own the series on DVD and had seen it all before, it's up there with my favourite anime series. I'm yet to watch it on bluray so can't comment on the PQ currently. If anything, I would recommend watching it first to see if you like it before blind buying the set at that price :)

conBLACK

Neo Member
Persona 3 pachinko machine. I've always loved these threads, but this is the first time I've had anything worthy to post!

jmUXm.jpg
XnaBv.jpg

Top Bottom