• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Galdelico

PalaceBrother said:
GUNVALKYRIE! Have you played it before? Do yourself a favor and stick with it....if you can get past the crazy koo-koo bananas control scheme it is super rewarding.
Actually it's gonna be new to me. :)
Jet Set Radio and SEGA GT are replacements for collector's purposes, but I never played GV before.

So, yeah, I'm pretty excited to try it (sure I'll follow your suggestion).

Jockel

geto.jpg

Fucking finally.
Always wanted an AV Famicom, a Gameboy Light and the legendary SNES RPGs. So here I go.

Jockel said:
http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/2049/geto.jpg
Fucking finally.
Always wanted an AV Famicom, a Gameboy Light and the legendary SNES RPGs. So here I go.
That's one beautiful retro haul. How much did the Game Boy Light run you?

Jockel

_dementia said:
3.000 yen from YAJ.
Edit: it's in pretty shitty condition, scratches and all that. But the display is still nice.

Shiv47

Phat Michael said:
Man that pachinko thing is the best thing ive ever seen. and theyre only $500! i want one! the only problem is shipping.

To the guy that bought it - how much does it weigh? does it arrive preassembled?is it just one plug to the power and it works?

also - how do you play it and what does it do?

I am not the dude with the killer Persona machine, but to answer your questions: approx 75 pounds, yes, yes. You play by firing silver balls into the playfield, trying to get them in holes that set off different game modes, more or less. You control how hard you shoot the ball, and the object is to win more balls than you spend. In Japan, you can trade in the balls for prizes and shit at the pachinko parlor. Have you played Peggle? It's sorta like that. I've been looking at getting a machine myself. If the OP sees this, did you get the noise-dampeners installed? I know the machines are fucking LOUD if not.

Randy

_dementia said:

Isn't it normally called a Game Boy Pocket?

EDIT: Ah, it's a better version of the Pocket. Never knew!

Randy said:
Isn't it normally called a Game Boy Pocket?

EDIT: Ah, it's a better version of the Pocket. Never knew!
Yeah, it still shares the model prefix as Pocket (MGB) but they're slightly bigger, use AA battereis instead of AAA, and have a backlight. They were released only in Japan.

Jockel

_dementia said:
Yeah, it still shares the model prefix as Pocket (MGB) but they're slightly bigger, use AA battereis instead of AAA, and have a backlight. They were released only in Japan.
To be honest I'm kinda underwhelmed with the backlight.
Compared to modern handhelds it's really dim.
I could take a picture if anyone's interested.

Atlus week!
sORJul.jpg

Catherine

6Jt2Vl.jpg

Buy 2 get 2 free PS2 games at Gamestop. $120 worth of SMT for ~$55
Also, A Song of Ice and Fire series. I'm halfway through A Clash of Kings.

Shiv47 said:
I am not the dude with the killer Persona machine, but to answer your questions: approx 75 pounds, yes, yes. You play by firing silver balls into the playfield, trying to get them in holes that set off different game modes, more or less. You control how hard you shoot the ball, and the object is to win more balls than you spend. In Japan, you can trade in the balls for prizes and shit at the pachinko parlor. Have you played Peggle? It's sorta like that. I've been looking at getting a machine myself. If the OP sees this, did you get the noise-dampeners installed? I know the machines are fucking LOUD if not.

thanks man. i dont mind paying the $500USD for the unit...but 75 pounds would be too much for shipping via aramex to get it here...damn because it looks great. your description is much better than wikipedia btw so thanks.

I got a brand new copy of the DOAU guide for cheaper than other used ones on eBay. Fuck yeah! Also, more frame data. Hoorah! The protective cover got a bit banged up en route though but it did what it was designed to do; protect the book.

Chuck

Still without luck
Baconbitz said:
Was trying to get DoA for 20 but they were out so I got this instead.

*huge image*

Resizing with Imgur;

Add either an "s", "m", or "l" at the end of your image URL, before the file extension, to resize your images!

"l" for Large

wutWIl.jpg

"m" for Medium

wutWIm.jpg

"s" for Small

wutWIs.jpg

edit: Stealth edit I see... :p

Jockel said:
geto.jpg

Fucking finally.
Very nice and major props for getting "Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru". Too bad they never released the announced DX version for GBC ;(.

Baconbitz

Banned
ChuckNoLuck said:
Resizing with Imgur;

Add either an "s", "m", or "l" at the end of your image URL, before the file extension, to resize your images!

"l" for Large

wutWIl.jpg

"m" for Medium

wutWIm.jpg

"s" for Small

wutWIs.jpg

edit: Stealth edit I see... :p
Oh, nice. Thank you.

Jockel said:
To be honest I'm kinda underwhelmed with the backlight.
Compared to modern handhelds it's really dim.
I could take a picture if anyone's interested.
That's unfortunate, but it's hardware from 1997 or 1998, right? I guess it's to be expected. I still wouldn't mind picking one up for collector's purposes. As far as usable backlighting goes, I might DIY with a kit like the nonfinite ones for better results.

edit: I picked up a boxed Hoshi no Kirby 2 last month as well! The original was my first GB game, but I hadn't got around to playing the sequel until now.

conBLACK

Neo Member
Shiv47 said:

I'm not sure if they do it for all of the machines, but both the Persona 3 machine and the Biohazard Pachislo machine I bought have volume pots inside of them. There are 3 apiece and you can adjust certain sets of speakers independently.

Tenck

Jockel said:
geto.jpg

Fucking finally.

Wow wow wow wow wow!!

Earthbound?!?!?! Are you serious?! Where did you get it without losing an arm and a leg? I've been playing it on my Phone (screen is huge so It's no problem) and I'd love to play it on a screen.

I'll probably test it out on my HD tv with an HDMI extension that comes with the phone. Will probably look like crap.

Only playing it on my phone because it costs way too much on the internet =/

Sylver

Banned
Headset 2.0, no release date for euroland so import time, I've got headset 1.0 but it seems better.
mZa0d.png

Choco-strawberry Goffre. It's one of my fav desset but even near my house I bought it rarely.
I1m0C.png

Dunkin Donuts some of them have been crused during the way.
5pVxQ.png

3Ptnx.png

Conan The Barbarian BD
jidT5.png

Conan The Destroyer BD
GB9CD.png

dyergram

Some of my birthday pickups 30 years old still spoilt ;)

SL270107.jpg

SL270104.jpg

holiday to egypt

SL270100.jpg

raybans sorry about the pic I suck

SL270091.jpg

Paul smith bag/wallet and cat

SL270090.jpg

SL270084.jpg

and some posh gin gotta say I think I won this month.

Cdammen

1314121776-2011-08-23%20IMG_1119.jpg

Finally got my hands on WarioWare Twisted!

Next up is Rhythm Tengoku, even though it's expensive as hell. I just need the cart though so I might get it a little bit cheaper. I just really want to play it :)

Also bought The Simpsons Season 2. Now I just need the first and my 1 - 9 collection will be complete. Dunno if 10 is worth picking up. Gotta look at the episodes for that one before purchase.

zmet

The Women in Cages Collection & Secret Sunshine
ag5.jpg

Classic Home Video Games 1989-1990
ag6.jpg

Nice book! I will be picking up the previous volumes soon.

Got a good deal on Odst(10 bucks) and the mario galaxy(6.24) at target. Thought id share and give a heads up to everyone else. You will have to act fast to get galaxy before they fix the old markdown price.
zj3GAl.jpg

and its that time again!
UUVH4l.jpg

Top Bottom