• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Dwayne

conBLACK said:
Persona 3 pachinko machine. I've always loved these threads, but this is the first time I've had anything worthy to post!

Breakdown of cost please :) I imagine you imported from Japan?

Yami

Zing said:
…but just a few weeks before the announcement of the iPhone 5?

These are being discounted here in Canada in anticipation of the upgrade.

For the price, £152 for the phone out right is a steal. Sell for profit and get the 5? Sure, why not.

darkcaim23 said:
And Mystic Quest (aka FF: Adventure in the states) for my good ol' Gameboy

2njxzr8.jpg
MGB's a so beautiful

Embryon

Neo Member
conBLACK said:
Persona 3 pachinko machine. I've always loved these threads, but this is the first time I've had anything worthy to post!

jmUXm.jpg
XnaBv.jpg

What in the SWEET MOTHER OF AWESOME is this beautiful machine!? I've heard of the Suikoden IV pachinko machine, but I can't imagine how much something like this would cost (or where you would find one for sale)! Do you mind sharing? :O

conBLACK said:

Pachinkos.jpg

These are kinda like slot machines that give out tokens for prizes right? I've heard people develop pretty debilitating addictions to playing them. Watch Out!

Drahcir

vitaminwateryum said:
Mummy poster got here today!

Also, now that I've got another poster to throw up I've finally got a reason to take my Stout Star Wars down and replace them with these:

6059684697_5187e2a0bf_z.jpg
6059685541_6bce25232b_z.jpg

I'm never quick enough to new posters on mondotees. :( Just subscribed to their newsletter. Hopefully that helps.

By the way, where do you get your poster frames? Those look nice.

Jazzem

darkcaim23 said:
And Mystic Quest (aka FF: Adventure in the states) for my good ol' Gameboy

Nice, I picked that up recently (EU version too!). Really liked what I played of it and want to dig into it some more, might rock it Super Game Boy style :) Though it's one of those retro games I wish I'd played as a kid, it really would have captured my imagination back then. Especially with that amazing overworld theme!

Unicorn

ACcards.jpg

I've been wanting these since they were first put onto Club Nintendo. I finally, FINALLY was able to get them, thanks to my friend letting me register his 3DS as well as my own.

Currently trying to beg more friends for more codes so I can get another set for my best friend who also loves AC.

tenz0r

nonnocere said:
Target - http://tinyurl.com/3o4klba

$80, by the by.

I used my own felt tips, since the rubberized ones in the box were on 3 out of 4 legs.

Seems quite stable, though. I'll miss having a drawer, but it is hard to find a small tables that won't obstruct the flow of traffic around the chair (I have two young children), so less sharp edges are always preferred.

Thanks, I will take a look at this the next time I stop by Target.

gumby_man_2003 said:
[IM]http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m564/gumby_man_2003/utf-8BSU1HMDAwMDEtMjAxMTA4MjEtMjEwNi5qcGc.jpg[/IMG]

My wife crocheted the Harley Quinn doll, and of course I had to pick up The Big Lebowski on Blu-Ray.

Yeah. Posted a picture of mine on the last page.

The Dude Abides

conBLACK

Neo Member
Dwayne said:
Breakdown of cost please :) I imagine you imported from Japan?

Embryon said:
What in the SWEET MOTHER OF AWESOME is this beautiful machine!? I've heard of the Suikoden IV pachinko machine, but I can't imagine how much something like this would cost (or where you would find one for sale)! Do you mind sharing? :O

Well, it did come from Japan, but I didn't handle the importing. I used www.custompachinko.com. Shipping is free, prices are, in my opinion, affordable, and if you are looking for something else, you can email them, and they will see if they can find it for you and give you an estimate. Service was great, and they were willing to inspect the machine to make sure it met my standards (I have a crippling affliction where dead or stuck pixels hurt my very soul, ha ha). You can see what I paid on their website, they are sold out of Persona 3 for now though.

Here is a youtube video of it in action. It's not my video, but hopefully it will still be okay because the pictures I posted are mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgttTIxmVnI

BannedEpisode said:
These are kinda like slot machines that give out tokens for prizes right? I've heard people develop pretty debilitating addictions to playing them. Watch Out!

Pachinko uses steel balls instead of tokens, but yeah, they have parlors in Japan where you play for the balls and then exchange them for prizes.

I also ordered a Biohazard Pachislo machine from the same website. Those may be what you are thinking of, they use tokens or "medals". I don't have any pictures of it handy, but here is a video of it. Again not mine, hopefully I'm not breaking a thread rule here, but it's so cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEbLv4m3Cms

I'm not affiliated with custompachinko.com, but I do recommend them!

Here is also a forum with a ton of good info on both types of machines:
http://www.pachitalk.com/

Embryon

Neo Member
Thanks for all the info, conBLACK. The price is actually somewhat reasonable, though it's not something I could afford anytime soon. It's definitely an extremely unique collector's piece that you can be proud of!

Thundercats Ho!
zvjmv.jpg

8" classic line
2r77q03.jpg

6" line
2cghr7k.jpg

Giant Lion-o, sword of omens and LotR complete extended blu-ray boxset
2wokoyp.jpg

4" line
2aalclf.jpg

Not shown: 4" deluxe Mumm-ra and Thundercats poster and t-shirt.

Amagon

conBLACK said:
Well, it did come from Japan, but I didn't handle the importing. I used www.custompachinko.com. Shipping is free, prices are, in my opinion, affordable, and if you are looking for something else, you can email them, and they will see if they can find it for you and give you an estimate. Service was great, and they were willing to inspect the machine to make sure it met my standards (I have a crippling affliction where dead or stuck pixels hurt my very soul, ha ha). You can see what I paid on their website, they are sold out of Persona 3 for now though.

Here is a youtube video of it in action. It's not my video, but hopefully it will still be okay because the pictures I posted are mine.

http://www.pachitalk.com/
I must have that Galaxy Express 999 Pachinko Machine!!!!! Its sooooo cool!!!!!!!
/swoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKAkNB5N-9w&list=PL1E0AB539F2428FC7&feature=player_embedded

WEGGLES

Unicorn said:
ACcards.jpg

I've been wanting these since they were first put onto Club Nintendo. I finally, FINALLY was able to get them, thanks to my friend letting me register his 3DS as well as my own.

Currently trying to beg more friends for more codes so I can get another set for my best friend who also loves AC.
lsdjA.png

:'(

So close.

Though, I may hoard them until something else cool comes along.

ramyeon

jbNKVGimn.jpg

New set of IEM headphones; Turbine Pro Coppers. I've heard bad things about Monster but good things about this particular set of headphones, go figure.

QanBa RAF4 - For the steady onslaught of fighting games I will need to play in the next few months. No console is safe.

i6s5Nl.jpg

Zelda OoT 3D OST - I don't remember the soundtrack being as chill as it is, but I still love it :3

wWR2Ol.jpg

Fox1304

A few Move pickups for cheap on amazon.co.uk - The fight is amazing in 3D with the correct setup.

x2Utk.jpg

Random colors Yoshis

sdwy9.jpg

M&M's dispenser, drooling Yoshi not included

G1fYz.jpg

Third Strike Preorder. Wednesday can't come soon enough !

gkqfe.jpg

And to go with the upcoming 3.3, Tatsunoko Stick

6f6DR.jpg

Mayflash adapter to go with Tatsunoko Stick

NTCjW.jpg

Finally able to subscribe to Netflix thanks to the thread of VPN on GAF.

RzZSp.jpg

Interface is slick, quick, awesome video quality even in Europe with DNS-VPN, and there is soooo much to watch (currently on Mad Men and Friday Night Lights, both excellent shows)

New PSP-Go with soft pouch.

lHcLa.jpg

The go is perfect for me, totally in love with the hardware and software (currently Hot Shots Tennis, Peace Walker and P3P)

PSP-Go dock from dealextreme. Better than the original and muuuuch cheaper (came with official documentation and packaging too, weird)

B2b4X.jpg

5 year collector edition of AA Eneloops.

F9iFs.jpg

Massa

Fox1304 said:
PSP-Go dock from dealextreme. Better than the original and muuuuch cheaper (came with official documentation and packaging too, weird)

B2b4X.jpg

How would you say it's better than the original? I'm looking to buy one myself.

Man that pachinko thing is the best thing ive ever seen. and theyre only $500! i want one! the only problem is shipping.

To the guy that bought it - how much does it weigh? does it arrive preassembled?is it just one plug to the power and it works?

also - how do you play it and what does it do?

Fox1304

Massa said:
How would you say it's better than the original? I'm looking to buy one myself.

Essentially the connectors. This dock has a mini USB port on the back, to charge the PSP with a classic mini USB cable on a USB port or on sector with the adaptator included with the GO. It also has two outputs, one for the YUV and one for the RCA exit.
So basically, if you use a USB splitter you can have everything always plugged and do video output, recharge on sector, or USB data transfer (and recharge) without plugging/unplugging cables.

It also comes with two adapters (YUV and RCA) allowing you to use your own cables without buying the expensive official ones, and has a switch allowing to change the video output (not sure if the official one has it or not ?)

You can see the connectors HERE

omgkitty

conBLACK said:

Just went to that site and saw a Lupin III pachinko machine...UGH MUST NOT BUY!!!

Massa

Fox1304 said:
Essentially the connectors. This dock has a mini USB port on the back, to charge the PSP with a classic mini USB cable on a USB port or on sector with the adaptator included with the GO. It also has two outputs, one for the YUV and one for the RCA exit.
So basically, if you use a USB splitter you can have everything always plugged and do video output, recharge on sector, or USB data transfer (and recharge) without plugging/unplugging cables.

It also comes with two adapters (YUV and RCA) allowing you to use your own cables without buying the expensive official ones, and has a switch allowing to change the video output (not sure if the official one has it or not ?)

You can see the connectors HERE

Thanks! :) Going to order one next month.

Fox1304 said:
Finally able to subscribe to Netflix thanks to the thread of VPN on GAF.

RzZSp.jpg

Interface is slick, quick, awesome video quality even in Europe with DNS-VPN, and there is soooo much to watch (currently on Mad Men and Friday Night Lights, both excellent shows)

Jesus tapdancing christ, from France ?!? I demand an idiot proof link !
Pretty please

Are movies/series subtitled ?

Fox1304

BaronLundi said:
Jesus tapdancing christ, from France ?!? I demand an idiot proof link !
Pretty please

Are movies/series subtitled ?

Oh yes baby, your Jesus can tapdance, that's real !
I'm currently using unblock-us , it's a DNS solution and it works like a charm.
There is a trial, you should try it. You change the DNS of your router, or console, or iPhone according to if you want a general thing or not, and you're good to go. No loss of connection speed, it's a blessing.
Be sure to go to Netflix AFTER having changed the DNS and restarted your router.

And for subtitles, most of the shows/movies i've watched are subbed, in English of course.

Feel free to ask if you need assistance ;)

Fox1304 said:
Oh yes baby, your Jesus can tapdance, that's real !
I'm currently using unblock-us , it's a DNS solution and it works like a charm.
There is a trial, you should try it. You change the DNS of your router, or console, or iPhone according to if you want a general thing or not, and you're good to go. No loss of connection speed, it's a blessing.
Be sure to go to Netflix AFTER having changed the DNS and restarted your router.

And for subtitles, most of the shows/movies i've watched are subbed, in English of course.

Feel free to ask if you need assistance ;)

Found the thread. Already got a PS3 US account and since I don't have a router I might try just that... So basically you'd pay about 5$/month on top of Netflix subscription ?

Gonna try anyway, but I'm not sure my internet connection will hold up for hd content (no fiber yet, and PS3 is hooked through so-so CPL).

Merci a lot !

Unicorn said:

PM me if you still need a code. WEGGLES also.

abq

MYE said:
How's that stick?

Its pretty cheap in the UK
At £17, it's a no-brainer. An additional £10 for a mayflash converter and you have a stick compatible with Wii, PS3 and PC. The build and stock parts are decent. You can always switch 'em for sanwa or seimitsu parts if you don't like the feel.

Fox1304

BaronLundi said:
So basically you'd pay about 5$/month on top of Netflix subscription ?

Gonna try anyway, but I'm not sure my internet connection will hold up for hd content (no fiber yet, and PS3 is hooked through so-so CPL).

Merci a lot !

Yep, 5$/month and Netflix sub.
For the bandwith, I was pleasantly surprises by how smooth and intelligent the streaming is.
It constantly adjusts to the available bandwith between 6 level of quality/resolution, to get the max available.
And High/HD quality is really impressive.

MYE said:
How's that stick?

Its pretty cheap in the UK
It's my first stick, but I find it heavy, responsive, and overall of good quality. Word on the net is that at this price it's a really nice starting stick, with some nice quality parts, and easily modable if you care.
With the Mayflash adapter that I pictured too, I can put it on PS3, Wii, and PC too, so it's a decent combo, unbeatable at that price.
Edit : woops, slightly beaten :D Paid 11£ for the stick on sendit btw

Top Bottom