• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Sagitario

yaFsU.png
iR86s.png

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Baten Kaitos Origins, Harry Potter y la Orden del Fénix, and Harry Potter y el misterio del príncipe. Not sure why the sixth Harry Potter book is half the size of the fifth, considering their English counterparts were around the same length.

You are reading them in Spanish? Cool! :D
IIRC, from the 5th book, the Latin American version started using the same translation as Spain (before that, we actually got localizations tailored for MX and the rest of Latin America).
It's half the size because of font, line spacing and margins.

After a long break (Zelda SS, RE5, Tales of Graces, some other minor games), I am continuing my BK Origins playthrough (I am sure dragonlife is dancing of happiness right now because of your purchase).

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
You are reading them in Spanish? Cool! :D
IIRC, from the 5th book, the Latin American version started using the same translation as Spain (before that, we actually got localizations tailored for MX and the rest of Latin America).
It's half the size because of font, line spacing and margins.

After a long break (Zelda SS, RE5, Tales of Graces, some other minor games), I am continuing my BK Origins playthrough (I am sure dragonlife is dancing of happiness right now because of your purchase).
I'm not nearly at the level of comprehension to read them yet, but they were donations, so there was no harm in picking them up. I'd like to reread the Harry Potter books anyway, and it'd probably be better for my learning if I was using books I'm already familiar with. One day though! Thanks for the info about the books. Are there any linguistic differences I should be aware of between the Spain and Mexican translations?

He's the reason I bought the game. It better be good, or I'm going to be
even more
sore. :(

Yes Boss!

Spending my long four-day weekend up in Antwerp Belgium. Was sure to stop by Marko to stock up on Belgian beer to take back to Germany. Can't beat $1.50 Rocheforts and Orvals. Also bought some triple hop Duvels...new for me. 52€ for the lot.

808b8131.jpg

LarryButz

There was some goof with a coupon HP's website and a bunch of people ordered computers for crazy prices and HP had to refund their purchases, but gave them a free $200 coupon to the HP store.

I'm glad I read that because for some reason, that email was sent to my Spam folder.

Sagitario

I'm not nearly at the level of comprehension to read them yet, but they were donations, so there was no harm in picking them up. I'd like to reread the Harry Potter books anyway, and it'd probably be better for my learning if I was using books I'm already familiar with. One day though! Thanks for the info about the books. Are there any linguistic differences I should be aware of between the Spain and Mexican translations?

Yeah, re-reading book in other languages is a great way to practice.
I have the A Song of Ice and Fire books in both English and Spanish, so that's my plan, although I don't know which version I will read first.
I am currently reading "American Gods" in English (first time, though), pretty easy to read :)

He's the reason I bought the game. It better be good, or I'm going to be
even more
sore. :(

I figured as much
[dat influential bitch!]
The game is really good. I have enjoyed the battles so much that I am a bit overleveled (the game restoring your HP after fighting really helps and each battle is never the same because of the random factor).
Plus, the 8-4's localization is most excellent.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Good ol' Recurve, nice choice :) I would give you a very stern look if you had gone with compound.

Recurve feels so...I don't know, incredible! It's to crazy connection like it feels right - it's very zen-like! Compound bows just don't feel right to me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Nice, what model is that and where, if you don't mind me asking? I was trying to find my compound from a long time ago. I want to get back practicing in my yard.

Riser: W&W Sebastian Flute Premium (25")
Limbs: W&W Sebastian Flute Axiom (medium 32#)

I bought them from Lancaster Archery Supplies.

Majine

Banned
Nice, what model is that and where, if you don't mind me asking? I was trying to find my compound from a long time ago. I want to get back practicing in my yard.

Is that legal? Isn't it technically a weapon? Just curious, I'm interested in archery.

skynidas

Banned
Spending my long four-day weekend up in Antwerp Belgium. Was sure to stop by Marko to stock up on Belgian beer to take back to Germany. Can't beat $1.50 Rocheforts and Orvals. Also bought some triple hop Duvels...new for me. 52€ for the lot.

808b8131.jpg

Fuck, I pay 3,50 euros for my Rocheforts, but they are sooo good. Nice pick-up.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Yeah, re-reading book in other languages is a great way to practice.
I have the A Song of Ice and Fire books in both English and Spanish, so that's my plan, although I don't know which version I will read first.
I am currently reading "American Gods" in English (first time, though), pretty easy to read :)

I figured as much
[dat influential bitch!]
The game is really good. I have enjoyed the battles so much that I am a bit overleveled (the game restoring your HP after fighting really helps and each battle is never the same because of the random factor).
Plus, the 8-4's localization is most excellent.
American Gods is a great choice. I read the first fifty pages or so and then lost it, and haven't picked it up since, but I really enjoyed what I read.

I'm playing the first game right now, but I really like the battle system as well, and card battle systems and in-game photo systems are my weakness. Didn't know that 8-4 did the localization on Origins. I loved their work on Nier, so I'm really excited for it now, and I can finally understand why both ivysaur and dragonlife have creepy bird robe thing as their avatar.

Hakai

My Pickups this month:

Couple movies, Smash Bros Brawl and some gifts that my girlfriend brought me from her trip to Canada.

Photo10-08-12225427.jpg

Sagitario

American Gods is a great choice. I read the first fifty pages or so and then lost it, and haven't picked it up since, but I really enjoyed what I read.

I just finished page 59 last night :p
I really like the way Shadow talks. It reminds me of certain gaffer who shall not be named >_>

I'm playing the first game right now, but I really like the battle system as well, and card battle systems and in-game photo systems are my weakness. Didn't know that 8-4 did the localization on Origins. I loved their work on Nier, so I'm really excited for it now, and I can finally understand why both ivysaur and dragonlife have creepy bird robe thing as their avatar.

Well, both games use cards to battle, but they actually have pretty different systems, so YMMV. BK1 is slower and requires more organization/customization per character. BKO is WAY more streamlined.

Guelph_Eramosa-20120810-00349.jpg

The case is a little beat up but this is the cheapest price I've ever seen it for. This is also my first time ever playing an SMT game. What have I gotten myself into?

808b8131.jpg

So Jealous. I pay $6 per bottle for Orval here in Seattle.

Auskeek

Didn't know that 8-4 did the localization on Origins. I loved their work on Nier, so I'm really excited for it now.

I remember listening to one of 8-4's earlier podcasts and they mentioned how they were given free reign over the localisation process for Baten Kaitos Origins, hence why it turned out so amazingly well. As opposed to something like Star Ocean: The Last Hope, which didn't turn out so well.

Top Bottom