• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

I remember listening to one of 8-4's earlier podcasts and they mentioned how they were given free reign over the localisation process for Baten Kaitos Origins, hence why it turned out so amazingly well. As opposed to something like Star Ocean: The Last Hope, which didn't turn out so well.
Do you happen to know which one? I would love to hear it for myself.

Auskeek

Do you happen to know which one? I would love to hear it for myself.

Afraid not sorry. I just spent a few minutes browsing through the podcast descriptions and couldn't find anything. All I know is it was an earlier podcast, and the discussion had something to do with TC Carson (voice actor of Guillo, and Kratos from God of War)

f0xXL.jpg

Panasonic 55inch VT50 arrived earlier this week. I'm in love!

ibie2wVgQqHSUt.JPG

ikdKL8JNz1PJH.JPG

i2ikrlrxDUpE0.JPG

I still have some wire management to do but I love how thin the thing is. May wall mount it later.

Sagitario

Afraid not sorry. I just spent a few minutes browsing through the podcast descriptions and couldn't find anything. All I know is it was an earlier podcast, and the discussion had something to do with TC Carson (voice actor of Guillo, and Kratos from God of War)

Mind = blown :O

Yes Boss!

So Jealous. I pay $6 per bottle for Orval here in Seattle.

Tell me about it. I'm from California and Belgians are just as pricey, $6-8 per bottle for the good ones. Went out tonight in Antwerp and four of us drank Antwerpen beers, lambics, and Boon gueuze for about 10€ each. Grass is always greener elsewhere and we certainly have incredible beers throughout California, but I'll miss living in Europe.

M9w3a.jpg

Technically I picked this up last month but was banned for something I said in the Jade Raymond thread and couldn't post it.

Looks like they're already going for ~$200 on eBay. Haven't seen anything regarding a retail or PSN release for it yet.

LiK

Panasonic 55inch VT50 arrived earlier this week. I'm in love!

ibie2wVgQqHSUt.JPG

ikdKL8JNz1PJH.JPG

i2ikrlrxDUpE0.JPG

I still have some wire management to do but I love how thin the thing is. May wall mount it later.

man that's a gorgeous beast. nice display. my entertainment room is as geeky as yours :)

lordimmortal

Neo Member
Spending my long four-day weekend up in Antwerp Belgium. Was sure to stop by Marko to stock up on Belgian beer to take back to Germany. Can't beat $1.50 Rocheforts and Orvals. Also bought some triple hop Duvels...new for me. 52€ for the lot.

808b8131.jpg

Duvel is amazing love it so strong but one of my favs :)

Batsugun , allegedly the first real Danmaku and first game IKD of later CAVE fame put his mark on ......or so I was told ...

DSCF5392.jpg

Special version rom included .

StayDead

M9w3a.jpg

Technically I picked this up last month but was banned for something I said in the Jade Raymond thread and couldn't post it.

Looks like they're already going for ~$200 on eBay. Haven't seen anything regarding a retail or PSN release for it yet.

Tomoyo after? God I'm jealous now >_<

I really wish about 4 years ago I'd already started learning Japanese and got a PS3 instead of a 360. I started learning a year after I got it and because of my stupid decision (I hardly ever play anything on my 360 minus shooters and fighters) I've missed out on so many good Japanese games.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I technically paid for it; but my job will be paying me back on the next paycheck. Had a trip to Erie, PA for work; but was able to enjoy the sights each night after 5pm or so. The lake was beautiful.

7767493730_8e60cc0b30_c.jpg

But upon arriving back at the airport, I realized one of my tires had burst open. That sucks, lol. So, two new tires for me. Easily the most boring purchase anyone can make.

7767528452_c23083e9cf_c.jpg

I've gorged myself these last couple days, too. I need to be sure to hit the Y a few times this week.

7767489730_cd827d9ea3_c.jpg

7767482320_90d142cd79_c.jpg

Grabbed a magazine while at B&N:

7767515988_6657548a92_c.jpg

And then, finally, just got back from Best Buy and took advantage of their awesome clearance sale:

7767501978_ffa1ccce94_c.jpg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Batsugun , allegedly the first real Danmaku and first game IKD of later CAVE fame put his mark on ......or so I was told ...

DSCF5392.jpg

Special version rom included .

Nice. And yeah, this is probably the first real shmup. Some say Battle Garegga is, but I don't believe 'em. Definitely bullet hellier than say... Donpachi, at least.

Lots of stuff this month! I finally got a PS3 and the games/movies shown. Infamous was 9.99 via Best Buy and Bioshock 2 was $10 at my local Play N Trade. Loving the PS3.

IMAG0476.jpg

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Oops.... went out for lunch, and hit Costco afterward. Ended up grabbing one last pick up for the weekend. Hope it helps with my recent neck troubles after sleeping.

7768903834_8292bfcbbc_c.jpg

Cypher

Movies and music downtime!

Wrath of the Titans 3D [Best Buy-exclusive Steelbook]
JLo - Dance Again: The Hits (Deluxe Edition)

DSC04984.jpg

Lethal Weapon Collection
Total Recall - Mind Bending Edition

DSC05517.jpg

Gameboy415

Got a lot of cool stuff over the last week!

1208-Games1.jpg

All from Amazon.
Got Kingdom Hearts 3D for $25 thanks to some Amazon credit, Fortune Street was randomly 50% off so I jumped on that, and the KH guide popped up in my Gold Box so I grabbed that too.

1208-Games2.jpg

BRE Software (a website that mainly sells replacement boxes/manuals/inserts for games) sent me an e-mail with a free shipping code so I decided to check out what games they had available. I found a bunch of first-party Nintendo games I wanted for my collection and only paid ~$18 total for everything! :D

1208-Games3.jpg

Found 3 more first-party Nintendo games I'd been looking for at Disc Replay.
I now have every first-party Game Boy Advance game! :)

1208-Blu1.jpg

I got all of these for $4.99 each through Best Buy's Upgrade and Save deal.

I also hit up Wizard World Chicago on Saturday:

1208-Comic-Con2.jpg

The Koopa shell was only $10 and I scored the CIB first-party SNES games for a pretty decent price too.
Joe & Mac was box-only, which was perfect for me considering I already had the game & manual.

1208-Comic-Con1.jpg

Got all the comics in this pic for $20 total.
I'm only 5 issues away from a complete set of TMNT Adventures comics! (including all mini-series and spin-offs)
Also got the full 1st series of Married With Children (7 issues) & a PsychoDad issue.

FStop7

Banned
I got a Neo Geo MVS-2-25.

I wasn't planning on buying another arcade machine so quickly, but this one appeared on Craigslist and I had to jump on it. It's -very- clean, it even has the original smoked glass bezel. It's a dedicated cab from SNK rather than a conversion.

iLrRk1D78nHyO.JPG

Top Bottom