• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Friggz

photo-3.jpg

Walked into a goodwill near my work in MA. Walked out 9 bucks poorer with this in my car. Its practically new, doesnt even look likes its been used.

Reclaimer

Oops.... went out for lunch, and hit Costco afterward. Ended up grabbing one last pick up for the weekend. Hope it helps with my recent neck troubles after sleeping.

7768903834_8292bfcbbc_c.jpg

I've had ths in my Costco. Art multiple times and never pulled the trigger.

How is it? Comfortable? Cool on hot nights?

Danielsan

photo-3.jpg

Walked into a goodwill near my work in MA. Walked out 9 bucks poorer with this in my car. Its practically new, doesnt even look likes its been used.
I wish we had a Goodwill. The things that people in this thread are picking up for cheap at thrift stores are making me jealous.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I am always ASTOUNDED by what people find at good will. All of my good will stores are just full of old clothes.
I haven't been to a Goodwill, but whenever I see purchases like that Micro, I really want to. Of course, I'm sure it'll all just be junk and ugly jackets and used paperbacks.

Got some hands on time today, I LOVED it. And I own a New iPad.

I was seriously impressed with the customisation and the snappiness of it all. I kinda want one.

Yeah it's amazingly responsive, I had a pretty piss poor Archos 101 before, the thing took about 10 swipes to do what you wanted it to do, this thing just flies. Nice size for throwing in the bag and then teathering to my phone for 3G browsing.

mandiller

I made two purchases today. Sound Shapes and a new pair of ear buds (which I've been meaning to get for a while. I bought the Sennheiser CX300-II buds. They're certainly better than my Apple ones!

ANLdQ.jpg

fmez9.jpg

I usually hate missing boxes, but I couldn't say no to a 2€ offer. Wanted it for quite some time. And on my way to picking it up, my very first two streetpass hits! :)
Hopefully I'll find some throwaway DS shovelware game some day, for which I could print the cover and use the box. Loose gameboy games, ugh :/

Regardless, holy shit @ 9$ famicom micro, wth

Friggz

The morale of the story. You have to get incredibly lucky, or go on a daily basis.

Yeah, i only started going to goodwill stores because of some of the stuff people were posting in monthly pickup threads. In the 2 years I've been visiting the stores, I've only found 2 items worth noting. The micro being the latest item, the first being a mint condition panzer dragoon and valkyrie profile in the same run -i looked at the cases about 8 times before i was able to comprehend what i was looking at- (literally looks like a mom just brought her kids game collection to good will). That was in Manchester, CT.

I dont go on a daily basis even though the merchandise changes pretty frequently. but ill go 2-3 times a month to the 3 in my area.

sikkinixx

7795462390_3a3105a45e_z.jpg

7795467376_558dcb47a8_z.jpg

Child of Eden was 97¢ while Zack and Wiki was $1 at the thrift store. Figured why the hell not? Never played either of them.

7795481450_abf8312961.jpg

Also a buck at the thrift store. Now I have a nice set for playing Streets of Rage 3 or SF. Now all I need to find is a new RF switch for my Genesis and I'm in business.

7795459280_b8c2fee54d_z.jpg

I couldn't resist buying it. Other thrift stores sell it for $50-60 (kinda crazy if you ask me) but a quick drop off of old clothes at Value Village and this was sitting in the drop-off room waiting to be sorted. Dude just slapped a $5.99 tag on it and let me take it up front to buy it.

canocha

I want to pick up a DS DQ game but I have no idea which one :(

There was a thread about it... Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride is the best one i guess!

I bought all 3.. just to be sure! (the characters always "walking" in Chapter of the Chosen are annoying!)

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I want to pick up a DS DQ game but I have no idea which one :(
I bought the DS version of Dragon Quest V when it was localized a few years ago; it was my first Dragon Quest game in nearly a decade, but I loved every moment of it, and it's easily become my favorite game. It has the best storytelling of any game I've played, and it encapsulates such a wonderful feeling of adventure and exploration that it was a joy to play. It caused me to shed tears all over my DS at two in the morning, so that's a plus as well.

Buy Dragon Quest V.

guest1321

^^ nice BRZ. I honestly had no clue what that was until the beginning of the summer when I saw one cruising around. That ride is hot man

Top Bottom