• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Yeah, i only started going to goodwill stores because of some of the stuff people were posting in monthly pickup threads. In the 2 years I've been visiting the stores, I've only found 2 items worth noting. The micro being the latest item, the first being a mint condition panzer dragoon and valkyrie profile in the same run -i looked at the cases about 8 times before i was able to comprehend what i was looking at- (literally looks like a mom just brought her kids game collection to good will). That was in Manchester, CT.

I dont go on a daily basis even though the merchandise changes pretty frequently. but ill go 2-3 times a month to the 3 in my area.

Yeah I'm about the same. Once every few weeks I'll do a "run" but also include pawn brokers. I used to work at one and we'd have the same people come in every morning who were professional "thfiters/ebayers" who would visit 20+ stores (goodwill/pawn) a day. You just can't compete with that.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
IMG_1007.jpg

Deus Ex from another GAFer

IMG_1008.jpg

Inside the boxes

Why am I not suprised there's a nadeshiko figure. Do you know if there's a poseidon one?

Nearing the end of my trip to Japan, but it's been a good one!

Also grabbed 2 more MGS T's from Uniqlo not pictured. Click for larger

Gaming from that batch:

All that Saturn stuff cost me less than 5000Y.. gotta love Japan!

And more recently to round it off:
868hu.jpg

Helping the Vita cause, another bargain N64 purchase, and the sexiest way to play DK'94 with Super Gameboy enhancements!

JEKKI

First time posting in one of these I think, got this fun toy at the start of the month. Still breaking it in.

BRZ[img]

As to video games: Arkham City GotY, Max Anarchy import and Dust: AET.[/QUOTE]I'm JELLY!!!!

want an FR-S so much!!! cant afford it, still got like $8~9K on my tC loan :(

Basically my pick up of the year. Been looking for one of these ever since I went to Japan:

It need a new control panel/buttons/sticks. I am going green/pink like the cab originally had.

Also I need some Jamma PCBs....

One thing, the monitor is FUCKING AMAZING. The scan lines on this thing....

Yes Boss!

E963B4C9-103D-4ABC-B6CB-268B3C8FA4FF-90034-00001ECD893CD951.jpg

Finally here! Funnily enough, despite preordering it months ago, I wasn't hyped at all for this game until the little delay this week.

Very nice that XSEED went greyscale on their logo. CLASS.

Basically my pick up of the year. Been looking for one of these ever since I went to Japan:

It need a new control panel/buttons/sticks. I am going green/pink like the cab originally had.

Also I need some Jamma PCBs....

One thing, the monitor is FUCKING AMAZING. The scan lines on this thing....

Congrats.

Love seeing your arcade pickups. Awesome. I'd love to see your basement/gameroom!

BTW,

If you want a brand new 2-player Astro panel I highly recommend akihabarashop.jp. $200-250 will set you up with a new official one.

Ordinator

I love blue moon, but I've never gotten use to most of the seasonal stuff... I never tried that one though. It' good?

I dont think the summer one is very different, but then again I'm kind of new to beer. I'd say they taste somewhat similar. It's good, definitely recommend it.

Congrats.

Love seeing your arcade pickups. Awesome. I'd love to see your basement/gameroom!

BTW,

If you want a brand new 2-player Astro panel I highly recommend akihabarashop.jp. $200-250 will set you up with a new official one.

I will post some pics of everything this weekend. I actually ordered the stuff for the CP already. Thanks though.

LarryButz

MD Headphones finally came in as did The Raid on bluray. Also got a free 750gig USB3 portable drive from HP, along with a laptop sleeve case and a slim laptop briefcase.

augpickup.jpg

@MortalMonkey: Where did you get the Chun Li statue? And why haven't bought one yet?

Bought it straight from Pop Culture Shock Collectibles. They only made 75 of the black outfit version. You basically had to win a lottery to get her in black. I got super lucky. They do sell a red version and classic blue version as well; those are readily available.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901070
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=9010701

azXEQ.jpg

Ordered the bananas and got the strawberries by mistake. They were cool enough to let me keep the strawberries and send out the bananas at no charge.

Congrats.

BTW,

Here is the pic of the current lineup:

robot

Ya I need to find a good stool or chair set for it. Any suggestions?

Ikea has some quick and cheap solutions - I got 2 white folding chairs for my Astro 6 years ago and never needed to replace them. I believe they have stools too.

Or you can get in on a Taito stool group buy but they dont come often and run about $180 a stool (shipped).

I think it's time we resurrect the arcade thread on here!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
8wCvg.jpg

Hastily taken phone pic, excuse me, but yeah. I really love the way these platinum collection boxes look. So pretty.

Rad Agast

Would love to see some more pictures if possible.
Besides the badges, are there any obvious differences between the FR-S and the BRZ?

I'll post full pictures in the show off your car thread in the OT later. As to differences between the Subaru and the Toyota, other than the exterior stuff, the suspension is supposed to be better on the BRZ.

Edit:

I guess this thread will do

Top Bottom