• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

And here are some items from earlier in the summer.

IMG_00054.jpg

This SNES portable took about four months work but it was worth it. :) I finished just in time for the arrival of my SD2SNES.

The screen on this kinda reminds me of the GBC screen. Was that on purpose?

I'm an idiot. The whole thing is a giant GBC.

Bassun

It's been a pretty expensive month.

My old 2008 Macbook Pro finally died so I replaced it with the new retina MBp.

My 5 year-old Logitech MX Revolution also needed to be replaced since there was an issue with the left-button click registering as a double click, so I replaced it with the new Performance MX.

The iphone 4s is a loaner until the new 5 comes out :p

logimxperfo.png

iphone4se.png

rmbp.png

Yocke

My 5 year-old Logitech MX Revolution also needed to be replaced since there was an issue with the left-button click registering as a double click, so I replaced it with the new Performance MX.

I have the exact same problem with mine now. Annoying as hell.

Bassun

I have the exact same problem with mine now. Annoying as hell.

The issue initially went away for a good year or so, but then it returned and it never got better :\

Truth be told, I much prefer having two scroll buttons on the rev rather than just the single one on the performance mx. Wonder why they took the feature off.

kairu

I had the same problem with my Logitech Performance MX double clicking (or losing the click if I was dragging something). The mouse was 2 years old and Logitech just sent me a new one no questions asked. Pretty awesome.

Bliddo

Good choice, I replaced my Revo MX with a Performance MX a couple of years ago and I love it. Waaaaaay more reliable than the Revolution.

Found an outrageously good recycle store in Wadayama, Japan today.
It's just 30 minutes from my inlaws house, but around 4 hours drive from Osaka/DenDen Town and 10 from Tokyo/Akihabara, so well off the usual path for this kind of thing!
Some quick shakey cams of the store for those interested:
The Mother Load
Saturn & PS1 section

Managed to restrain myself to just these few:

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It's just 30 minutes from my inlaws house, but around 4 hours drive from Osaka/DenDen Town and 10 from Tokyo/Akihabara, so well off the usual path for this kind of thing!
The Mother Load
Saturn & PS1 section

I love my Virtua Stick. Congrats.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
street fighter the movie the game is a excellent bad game

more stuffs these things are piling up

Genesis: Fatal Rewind, Eternal Champions
fatalchampions.jpg

NES: Flying Warriors, World Class Track Meet (was supposed to be complete :p)
flyingtrackmeet.jpg

SNES: Jurassic Park
jurassicpark.jpg

Bassun

I had the same problem with my Logitech Performance MX double clicking (or losing the click if I was dragging something). The mouse was 2 years old and Logitech just sent me a new one no questions asked. Pretty awesome.

Wow that's pretty sweet. I didn't realize the warranty ran that long. Mine was already 5-6 years old (bought in 07) so I didn't have that option. It was flawless for those 6 years though.

Good choice, I replaced my Revo MX with a Performance MX a couple of years ago and I love it. Waaaaaay more reliable than the Revolution.

Yea it is also much more precise, especially since I have a glass table now. Darkfield helps with that. I'm still shocked at how long the battery lasts seeing as the rev after 6 years only lasted a couple of days at most.

I also had issues with MX Revolution. When you click the right button, every other time that click also "caughts" the scroll button thereby moving the page up and down in a bit, as if you scrolled it up and down via the scroll wheel just a bit. I hated that so much.
Now I'm back on the good 'ol MS IntelliMouse. But Logitech G500 is coming next month.

I love my Virtua Stick. Congrats.

I'm itching to take it apart and see what parts it has confirmed... i had read somewhere that it was Sanwa, but find it hard to believe considering it's age.
Playing with it just now, the stick is very good and could be, but the buttons don't feel like they are.
They push well enough centrally but if on an angle, get stuck a bit on the sides.
You know what though, for 980Y i'm more than impressed :)

The issue initially went away for a good year or so, but then it returned and it never got better :\

Truth be told, I much prefer having two scroll buttons on the rev rather than just the single one on the performance mx. Wonder why they took the feature off.

I dread the day my MX Revolution will die. I got the double clicking problem for a couple of weeks and then it went away.

I love that second thumb scroll wheel. I use it for tabbing through my applications.

Bassun

I dread the day my MX Revolution will die. I got the double clicking problem for a couple of weeks and then it went away.

I love that second thumb scroll wheel. I use it for tabbing through my applications.

I used mine for sound control. It was amazing being able to control everything with that one hand. I really hope they bring the second wheel back on the next version of the mouse.

C.T.

Already posted I Am a Hero 01, but since then Genocidal Organ (Novel) and Blue Exorcist arrived:

Wow! I loved Project Harmony, one of my most beloved novels, maybe even before 1984. So sad he died so soon. Can you post impressions after you finished reading?

Ban Puncher

fH3lh.jpg

Not pictured - suspicious lump cut out of back earlier this week, ten stitches and delicious pain medication.

If I don't make it then I want my GAF account donated to science.

Chairhome

The Mother Load
Saturn & PS1 section

Nice find! I would have a heart attack from sheer excitement if I walked into that place.

street fighter the movie the game is a excellent bad game

more stuffs these things are piling up

Genesis: Fatal Rewind, Eternal Champions
fatalchampions.jpg

NES: Flying Warriors, World Class Track Meet (was supposed to be complete :p)
flyingtrackmeet.jpg

SNES: Jurassic Park
jurassicpark.jpg
Flying warriors is so good.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
The trifecta is complete! Thanks, Club Nintendo!

7815838500_795cc4e969_c.jpg

5tIbp.jpg

Vita isn't new, just in the shot. Got the XL today (loving it so far), Darksiders, Last Story and the Skylanders Sidekicks came in a few days ago while I was out of town, so that was a nice surprise to come home to.

Amazing TV that I fell in love with that I saw at a flea market to begin my retro gaming goodness with. She wanted $25 but I haggled down to a whopping $22. Deal of the century right there for this beauty. Bought a perfect SNES, along with a NES that is in the mail. A bunch of games to play :).

God it feels so....right.
Cannot wait for my NES to get here, along with a few other games.

Been a long while since I posted anything in here. Here are a few of the things I grabbed.

B92BF820-7226-48E0-9D6E-92E70F681092-44867-00004656DAE13913.jpg

F2212998-A6C2-4D90-BBF3-74E3FFF80A40-44867-00004656E0F902C7.jpg

D3D68AC3-F98C-4C0E-A7D2-C41CFEC31EF9-44867-00004656E45333BC.jpg

12E88CB6-E092-47EF-9898-AF9192D21AF3-44867-00004656E77C9F53.jpg

65805EB0-16F0-4F95-85B8-305E121CB841-44867-00004658BB9F4061.jpg

I got some more movies but honestly I do not remember which ones I bought so didnt take pics lol

also got Dust and P4 Arena

oh and went to costco to get some bully sticks among other things, as soon as I put it down and leave the room for a second, I come back to him trying to get the bullies lol
A61D927B-7973-4D2A-A3A8-BDCACEFB92A6-44867-00004656EAEE67C2.jpg

Been holding off on posting things, all stuff collected this month....just end of Jul/Aug stuff, thus far ^_^

(3DSXL, Club Nintendo Pouch, DSIXL case and games)

8973ac6bd536dc443f4fe40ac4010216.jpg

97aa8f3bbd7c79b80663cebff4bb5513.jpg

a2edfbac44f90f4162a95d5fe686f6e4.jpg

a93ce733356f67f143e5c0f96691b367.jpg

All of that is just August :p

Misterhbk

This was all picked up this month in preparation for the 3DS XL. Even the PSP was bought so I could play BBS before Dream Drop. Shitty iphone pics but whatever.

IMG_8534.jpg

Star Ocean was sealed when I bought it, but I started a playthrough. was only 4.99 too!

IMG_4676.jpg

IMG_2086.jpg

IMG_5730.jpg

Bii

I completely forgot about the gold Wii Classic Controller. Guess I'll have to track one down for a cheap-ish price.

7817286580_b380ceaeb3_b.jpg

7817286336_737d358819_b.jpg

Pokemon TCG: Black & White - Next Destinies Booster Box. $90
Pokemon TCG: Black & White - Dragons Exalted Booster Box. $95
18x Pokemon TCG: Black & White - Dragons Exalted Booster Packs. $54
I haven't played the Pokemon TCG since the first generation sets (up to Gym Heroes/Challenge) which was over 10 years ago! Curious as to how the game is played nowadays as well as how popular it is, I decided to check out some videos. The game has evolved quite a bit and there are a number of high-tier decks where a tournament isn't dominated because of one specific strategy. I'm not sure how deep I'll get into this but I'll definitely play and see how far I can go. There are a few local players around me where I can play/practice to try and qualify for the next Worlds event in Vancouver (Aug '13).
As for what pulls I got from the packs/boxes, I easily got what I wanted. From the Next Destinies booster box, I was able to get a Regigigas EX, Regigigas EX (full-art) and a Mewtwo EX (the card I wanted most from this set). And for the Dragons Exalted box/packs, I got Rayquaza EX, Rayquaza (Secret Rare), Giratina EX, Registeel EX, Registeel EX (full-art) and a Terrakion EX. I was definitely surprised to have pulled a Rayquaza (Secret Rare) since that card is already going for $75+ on eBay.

7817286726_c5374eec09_b.jpg

7817286130_423b57bc8a_b.jpg

Nintendo 3DS XL. Red/Black. $215
Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir. Nintendo 3DS. $14
Driver: Renegade. Nintendo 3DS. $10
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2. Nintendo DS. $10
Rhythm Heaven Fever. Nintendo Wii. $5

My third 3DS. After having played the XL at San Diego Comic-Con 2012 back in July, I was all in for the XL. I had planned to wait for a little while before upgrading but this was just too good to pass up. I didn't realize it until I took it out but the picture of the XL on the packaging is the actual size. Also, New Super Mario Bros. 2 is in the mail, so I'm waiting for that to get to me.
Those four games were ones that I purchased during Best Buy's gaming blowout sale. I, unfortunately, didn't get Tekken Hybrid, Kirby's Epic Yarn or Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, which were other games I wanted to pick up at the sale. No biggie, I'm content with these four.

is there any where to check if this available in my area? like a specific website? i'm not finding anything on xfinity's website.

I had no idea prior, I got an email stating that my modem wasn't compatible with DOCSIS 3.0. I would just call customer service and ask when they plan on doing an upgrade in your town.

Iacobellis

It's been a pretty expensive month.

My old 2008 Macbook Pro finally died so I replaced it with the new retina MBp.

The iphone 4s is a loaner until the new 5 comes out :p

logimxperfo.png

iphone4se.png

rmbp.png

Holy shnikes. Loving the depth of field in these photos, was thinking of getting a f/1.8 myself. Are the colors a result of editing or is that just the natural lighting in the room?

7threst

Nice pick-up with Eternal Poison. It has nice art and some pretty nice music.

Got kinda hard, though.

Yeah I got the soundtrack and artbook with the game. That soundtrack is really, really good. The game is nice, but kinda tough already from the beginning. However, it isn't nearly as bad as some reviewers would like you to think. The game got a lot of negative reviews, and while I agree that the game isn't without its flaws, some reviews (like the one from IGN) is very unreasonable imo.

Bassun

What is that gorgeous wallpaper? I can hint that retina goodness.

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/234/wallpaper2134516.jpg

Enjoy :)

Holy shnikes. Loving the depth of field in these photos, was thinking of getting a f/1.8 myself. Are the colors a result of editing or is that just the natural lighting in the room?

Haha yea, gotta love the 50mm f/1.8. Thinking about replacing it with a 35mm 1.8 though, since I use a Nikon d90. 50mm on the cropped frame is too small for me and not true 50mm.

And that's the actual lighting in the room. I did some minor adjustments on the blacks and levels but otherwise it's untouched.

Iacobellis

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/234/wallpaper2134516.jpg

Enjoy :)

Haha yea, gotta love the 50mm f/1.8. Thinking about replacing it with a 35mm 1.8 though, since I use a Nikon d90. 50mm on the cropped frame is too small for me and not true 50mm.

And that's the actual lighting in the room. I did some minor adjustments on the blacks and levels but otherwise it's untouched.

Wow, I so would want to do computer work in there. I'm having the biggest toss up between building a computer or getting the new MacBook Pro at a higher price. Every time I see that Retina Display, I just can't contain myself. Coming from a late 2009 C2D 15" Pro, either computer would be a huge improvement.

P.S. Nikon is the way to go! D3100 user over here. Do you have a Flickr account by any chance?

suikodan

Got this on Friday (paid 90$ for all this)

BDF9C2FB-F94A-48C1-971A-315683818EAC-9200-000009E2953456FB.jpg

and today it morphed into this (over 250$ of value excluding the 3DS cards that I bought separately)

5E639C30-8242-4B7E-BED0-56C410B11F92-9200-000009E29AD447E4.jpg

Bassun

Wow, I so would want to do computer work in there. I'm having the biggest toss up between building a computer or getting the new MacBook Pro at a higher price. Every time I see that Retina Display, I just can't contain myself. Coming from a late 2009 C2D 15" Pro, either computer would be a huge improvement.

P.S. Nikon is the way to go! D3100 user over here. Do you have a Flickr account by any chance?

Haha yea, I've had the Nikon bias ingrained in me from an early age since my dad uses one. As for the computer, it really depends on whether you want to use it for gaming or not, or if you have a preference for OSX or Windows 7/8. I'm not much of a PC gamer and the macbook has bootcamp, so it was a no brainer for me haha.

And yea, I do have a flickr

Top Bottom