• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Midnight launch fun:
GrPlTva.jpg

I've actually never posted in the Pick Up threads before, but I'm so dang excited about this that I had to share with folks that can appreciate it.

roflbot.jpg

Awesome! I'm waiting for this to arrive. It looks bigger than I imagined. I heard that the soundtrack discs include remixes but are the original soundtracks included? Is there a numbered track listing?

Eanan

Picked up this last night for a total of €25...

8fdxsWe.png

All in very good condition. I think I got a bargain personally, even though Gamecubes are super cheap nowadays.

D-e-f-

Banned
Picked up this last night for a total of €25...

8fdxsWe.png

All in very good condition. I think I got a bargain personally, even though Gamecubes are super cheap nowadays.

You'd pay that much for an original controller alone on eBay ...

Melchiah

Lion bars ftw, we have had white choclate ones and peanut butter ones over here for a while.

Oh, I didn't even know there's different flavors. o_O I'm trying to save those bars as long as I can, but the temptation to eat them all right away is almost irresistible.

A friend of mine said, there's a stash of them in one of the stores in the northern Finland, near where my parents live. So, I'm definitely going there when I visit them the next time, and hope there's still some left.

Project Diva F controller (Vita in shot for scale):
s34mmrG.jpg

Probably the biggest gaming item I've ever bought (and one of the most expensive! My credit card statement next month, welp). It is a fantastic controller though and I'm really lucky to have got one so late after its limited release earlier this year. Still waiting on my US copy of PDF to arrive, but will happily make do with my Japanese copy til then.

D-e-f-

Banned
tw101opsnv.jpg

TheHut surprised me by shipping Blacklist on Tuesday, TW101 on Thursday but TW101 already arrived today, way way ahead of the usual UK->GER schedule while I would've expected even Blacklist to only show up tomorrow. Nice!

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
My mom finally got me a good phone (I've had to deal with crappy phones since I was in high school), so it feels pretty sweet to finally have a good phone
Man, when I was in high school no one really had phones. God this makes me feel old.

Dereck

Man, when I was in high school no one really had phones. God this makes me feel old.
I tell myself everyday, that when I hear about the way things are changing with teenager's lives that I would never say, "well back in my day", at this point it is hard to fight that urge.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I tell myself everyday, that when I hear about the way things are changing with teenager's lives that I would never say, "well back in my day", at this point it is hard to fight that urge.
Yep! Though I'll admit this stuff makes me even more assured in my decision to never have children. I can't imagine dealing with a teenager like 15 years from now, Jesus Christ.

But folks had pagers!

Gotta do dem drug deals!
Haha, I remember my parents asking me for a pager. They laughed in my face. That's probably what I would do if I had a kid asking me for an iPhone.

Ban Puncher

I remember in the late 90's that cargo shorts were invaluable for mobile phone usage because I'd have the monolithic Motorola in one pocket and it's behemoth battery in the other.

D-e-f-

Banned

I've gone into full "back in my day"/"they don't make 'em like they used to" mode a few years ago. It's just impossible to avoid. And I'm not even thirty lol.

haikira

August Wrap-up post

Eden Of The East: The Definitive Collection Blu-ray
Watched a little bit of this on American Netflix, thought it was neat and decided to just grab the collection. At less than 22 pound, I thought the price was incredibly good, especially compared to other Anime boxsets on Blu-ray. Been a while since I watched some new Anime, so looking forward to powering through this.
img_2025fbswn.jpg

Wonderful 101 WiiU
Being a member of Neogaf and owning a WiiU, I'd be stoned to death if I didn't pick this game up. It's the law. Good thing then that I loved the demo so damn much!
1gwshk.jpg

New World Blu-ray
Watched this the other night with a few friends. Very solid crime thriller that manages to do something new, with a few old ideas. Wouldn't make my top 10 Korean list, but it's worth checking out for sure, especially if you're a fan of this sort of film. Shout-out to jonno394, for pointing me in the right direction to import it.
265s1u.jpg

Shaun of The Dead, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Hot Fuzz Blu-Ray
Some of my favourite movies of all time in my Blu-ray collection at last!
4z3xkd.jpg

Payday 2, Shadowrun Returns and Splinter Cell Blacklist PC
Haven't touched Shadowrun Returns yet, but Payday 2 is awesome with friends and Splinter Cell Blacklist is a very pleasant surprise.
untitled-1pjs3s.jpg

enewtabie

Picked up one of these. Now I just need to get some games. It's the only console I've never purchased going back to the 2600( yeah I'm 39) I was able to get a Heineken gamecube for 40 bucks. Apparently you could only get it from winning a contest and only 50 to 100 made. It's just printed on. Nothing really special.

Yes Boss!

Movie gods have been kind. Two new Ray movies released statestide....with probably five to seven more coming in the next few years. These movies have not been so exquisitely presented since the mid-nineties when Merchant and Sony released prints.

null_zpsbbad073f.jpg

Double-dip on New Luigi U! Happy to give them another $30 for the green case, disc, and another play-through!

null_zps89006af5.jpg

hipgnosis

Wow! Would you kindly share the story of how you purchased this?

It was listed in eBay and I just knew I had to had it. Boring story I know.

When the game came out in 1999 (?) my friend bought this edition and I was always super jealous. There was only one copy on sale in my local game shop at the time. Of course we used all the items that came in the box and I even lost his dogtags when we were younger. We also played through the game together many times.

I have a lot of nostalgia for this set and I'm happy to have it at last!

LiK

It was listed in eBay and I just knew I had to had it. Boring story I know.

When the game came out in 1999 (?) my friend bought this edition and I was always super jealous. There was only one copy on sale in my local game shop at the time. Of course we used all the items that came in the box and I even lost his dogtags when we were younger. We also played through the game together many times.

I have a lot of nostalgia for this set and I'm happy to have it at last!

How much was it?

Top Bottom