• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Grief.exe

I dunno if I'd call this a pickup or not but I finally got around to building a cheap shelf to house my retro collection in the basement. Cost around $12 in cheap lumber.

GEDC0679_zps2bdfd3b8.jpg

You just need to bite the bullet and order a bunch of Universal Game Cases for those SNES games.

I believe you can mod them for the NES games as well, but it is a bit of work.

Azusa

This month I have ordered many nice games I'd like to play on this gen. This is only the first batch that arrived.

MpWQNRt.jpg

and I don't have Wii...

Melchiah

8Ciirnpl.jpg

My girlfriend just brought me these chocolate bars, that haven't been available for years in Finland, from the Finland-Sweden ferry. <3

TFC Toys Hercules. He's...big

devs2_zpscde3983a.jpg

I have this but still in the 6 boxes. Is it difficult to assemble? I need to stop collecting tfc and fan toys, the prices are ridiculous :/

I got Hercules, quakewave and the 3 insecticons. Stopping now, even though the planes look incredible..

koene

Finally bought myself a decent camera, the NEX-6. Some important moments coming up in my life (baby), and I want some nice shots of that.

Photo ironically taken with an iPad.

ZRWGWOtl.jpg

Trying the camera out on my Juri figurine. I should probably take some photography lessons. If anyone has some tips, please share them!

isMBnLel.jpg

lTpX3Jwl.jpg

The Last Stand is a really fun movie. And I've been wanting to watch MXC for awhile, since it doesn't come on TV anymore.
reQCoLq.jpg

Wii U games! Wondering how limited Luigi is going to be.
hunFVrY.jpg

Black Kyurem NFC figure I got for pre-ordering Pokemon Rumbe U at Gamestop.
NtfXff0.jpg

Figma Robocop. This was actually an Anniversary gift from my wife.
dcXEdl0.jpg

was actually thinking of devastator the other day at work lol. I wonder how much he cost.
I have some of the original but have long since lost their parts and pieces to complete him

You can actually find boxed remakes of the old one for under a $100, I think. The one I got is a 3rd party, so it has some differences.

I have this but still in the 6 boxes. Is it difficult to assemble? I need to stop collecting tfc and fan toys, the prices are ridiculous :/

I got Hercules, quakewave and the 3 insecticons. Stopping now, even though the planes look incredible..

It's not too terribly complicated.The only issue I have is that he's really unstable(everything feels kind of loose/wobbly), so I put him on a sideshow stand. Yeah, those other releases look so good...and expensive. Gonna find quakewave next

Azzurri

Finally bought new running shoes. For some reason I have a really hard time paying $100 for Nikes, but no problem buying expensive Jeans or computer parts.

Gameboy415

1308-Games4_zps67ba47cc.jpg

-Tomb Raider was cheap on Amazon, Kiki Trick is from eBay, and the rest are from Gamestop.
Both HD:V & DuckTales were unfortunately gutted, but no other stores in my area seemed to have them in stock so I scooped em up - plus HD: V came with a soundtrack!

1308-Games5_zpsfb1de1f1.jpg

-Another lot of cheap games (all either under $10 each or 3 for $10) from Gamestop.

1308-Blu2_zps6e5bc443.jpg

-MST3K & the Dark Crystal/Labyrinth set were both cheap recently on Amazon and I used an expiring Reward Zone cert to get Dredd for ~$8 from Best Buy.
It was a blind-buy but I'm glad I got it because the movie was great!

1308-Books1_zpsd0d9a600.jpg

-I found both of these at Half-Price Books.
'The New Dinosaurs' was one of my favorite books as a kid so I picked up this like-new copy to (eventually) replace my deteriorating original copy.

1308-Misc1_zpsfb243cca.jpg

-I randomly found this Android tablet at Savers (a resale shop) marked $1.99 & 'AS-IS'.
I figured for $1.99 I would chance it not working.
Sure enough, as soon as I plugged it in to my PC via USB it booted right up!
It doesn't seem to have an option to charge via USB, but I found/ordered a replacement charger on eBay for $5.99 shipped.
It seems to be a somewhat 'generic' tablet (it's a MID X5A, to be specific), but it seems to have some decent features (HDMI out, full-size SD slot, etc.) so for ~$8 (including the charger) I'm not complaining! :)

So Japan Expo USA was held this weekend in Santa Clara, CA and despite being its first year, there were some fantastic guests so I managed to get some great autographs.

First up, my press group got to interview Noriyuki Iwadare, who is a rather famous composer as having worked on the Ace Attorney series as well as both Grandia and Lunar. We also got to interview Tatsuro Iwamoto, who is the character designer for the Ace Attorney series. Both were kind enough to sign my Ace Attorney artbook that I had gotten ages ago... Iwamoto also did little sketches aside from just his autograph.

Book:
473bba6fd289ff32321ddf2832dfb4fe_zpsc85f4970.jpg

Sigs:
3456793a93b5be31f79165ef79ac701e_zps8e684957.jpg

Next, although I wasn't there for the interview (needed lunch), my manager had interviewed the famous Yoshiyuki Sadamoto and was able to secure an autograph for me as well. Funny enough, it's my copy of the first run of the Evangelion manga that Viz did before they reprinted them and when came to sign the book, no one knew who to make the autograph out to. Luckily enough, when I had bought the book, I had enough foresight enough to label it with my name so that when I lent it out to friends, they knew who the book belonged to so thus, the label helped with the signature.

Book:
1655b823d73fa5959009d2fa9f6523b4_zps20fbd2db.jpg

Sig:
1f02d1933affe18201d4104a511ded2f_zps33edd73e.jpg

Third, I picked up the Fire Emblem Awakening artbook prior to Japan Expo USA as one of the guests of honor was the artist Yusuke Kozaki, who has also drawn the characters for No More Heroes as well as the Japan Expo USA marketing. Although we did interview him and he was kind enough to draw a picture for us after the interview, I had to get his signature during his autograph session due to time constraints. One of his popular characters at the moment is Donyatsu, which is basically a cat in the shape of a donut, and so, when I got his autograph I received this:

64fb16d468a4c813123523e24bb434bf_zpsbc553a92.jpg

which is currently inside of this:

7bd3822ecd99f329f30826edc728dd43_zpsc5e3d4bb.jpg

Finally, there was a pretty cool exhibit of Japanese made goods that was on display as well as for sale in the dealer's hall. A lot of the goods were actually from small start-up companies and one of them was a company that specialized in making bags and pouches from used seatbelts, vinyl flooring & even a firefighter jacket. I ended up picking up a little camera bag-sized pouch made from an old firefighter jacket.

cccbd23ea1bed2cc96ed0f2a75abed8c_zpsa7dd0e0a.jpg

Bonus pickup was from today, which was when one of the booths was giving away food... Now, throughout the weekend, they were handing out samples but when the con was closing, they gave out everything so thus...

FDB20D3C-F8E0-4E8D-BCEE-A4DDDF8897E3-3186-00000259A7D1D808_zps112cfd40.jpg

Probably my best unintentional pickup ever.

Oh and I also got a new CD over the weekend from Amazon...

57856049c51dca188b9a30763c00d396_zps10960681.jpg

Shengar

So Japan Expo USA was held this weekend in Santa Clara, CA and despite being its first year, there were some fantastic guests so I managed to get some great autographs.

First up, my press group got to interview Noriyuki Iwadare, who is a rather famous composer as having worked on the Ace Attorney series as well as both Grandia and Lunar. We also got to interview Tatsuro Iwamoto, who is the character designer for the Ace Attorney series. Both were kind enough to sign my Ace Attorney artbook that I had gotten ages ago... Iwamoto also did little sketches aside from just his autograph.

Book:
http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/NeoGAF%20Pick-Ups/473bba6fd289ff32321ddf2832dfb4fe_zpsc85f4970.jpg[IMG]

Sigs:
[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/NeoGAF%20Pick-Ups/3456793a93b5be31f79165ef79ac701e_zps8e684957.jpg

Third, I picked up the Fire Emblem Awakening artbook prior to Japan Expo USA as one of the guests of honor was the artist Yusuke Kozaki, who has also drawn the characters for No More Heroes as well as the Japan Expo USA marketing. Although we did interview him and he was kind enough to draw a picture for us after the interview, I had to get his signature during his autograph session due to time constraints. One of his popular characters at the moment is Donyatsu, which is basically a cat in the shape of a donut, and so, when I got his autograph I received this:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/NeoGAF%20Pick-Ups/64fb16d468a4c813123523e24bb434bf_zpsbc553a92.jpg[IMG]

which is currently inside of this:

[IMG]http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/NeoGAF%20Pick-Ups/7bd3822ecd99f329f30826edc728dd43_zpsc5e3d4bb.jpg[IMG]

[/QUOTE]
Man, you got sigs from illustrator of Ace Attorney and Yuusuke Kozaki? THAT sick! I'm so jealous of you to have chance to meet them both in person! I'm a sucker for art and character design, and since both of them are really good doing their respective job, I really admire them both.

I want that Knight of Iris with Kozaki's signature in it so badly :(

EDIT: So you interviewed him? When will we can see the interview? What kind of questions do you asked to him?

Spookie

lewtTI13.jpg

Some of my stuff from this years The International 2013 finally arrived. The Brewmaster t-shirt only got back in stock last week for a limited amount of orders. Hurrar!

Man, you got sigs from illustrator of Ace Attorney and Yuusuke Kozaki? THAT sick! I'm so jealous of you to have chance to meet them both in person! I'm a sucker for art and character design, and since both of them are really good doing their respective job, I really admire them both.

I want that Knight of Iris with Kozaki's signature in it so badly :(

EDIT: So you interviewed him? When will we can see the interview? What kind of questions do you asked to him?

Yes, my group did interview them and we should have our stuff up soon - we're aiming to start rolling out some interviews by the end of this week or so with videos to follow. I work with The-O Network so you should be able to find us pretty easily via google.

Ban Puncher

11XM8eP.jpg

Super Famicom w/ Super Mario Kart - A good mate of mine was in Osaka last weekend and picked up a new SFC console for me after my current one died. Already have a boxed copy of SMK but this one was 100 yen so it will be my new test cartridge.
Sailor Moon SH Figuarts - *avatar quote*
Saints Row IV 360 - SUCK MY BALLS AUSTRALIAN CLASSIFICATION BOARD
Wonderful 101 Wii U - Praise Kamiya.
Iron Man 3 BD - Missed it in the theatres, hope it's better than IM2.
RGB 21 pin stereo cables for Sega MegaDrive & NeoGeo AES - More Framemeister eye-sex.

I've actually never posted in the Pick Up threads before, but I'm so dang excited about this that I had to share with folks that can appreciate it.

roflbot.jpg

Quake1028

Long story short, both Bruno Mars and Justin Timberlake are coming around here (Bruno to Tampa and JT to Orlando). My wife loves both of them, so I told her to pick which one to get tickets to . I shelled out almost $400 a few months back for some amazing JT tickets for December 19th. After that, we found out we are having our first child on January 30th, so by the time the concert rolls around, she will be really pregnant and may not want to/be able to attend such a big show. Couple that with the fact that she just graduated with her Masters, and she got an amazing job out of it, and all of those things led me to these:

DWJhi18.jpg

Surprising her with them tonight <3 :).

You get to see all those nice cars everyday.

How do you like it? My 2014 S5 is amazing. I had a 2006 S4 with the V8; even though, the V8 sounded awesome the V6T is much faster and way better on the gas mileage. Congrats on it.

Absolutely love it. It has everything I need: speed, space, AWD, and decent gas mileage :) Just installed HID Matched Fog lights, the stock orange ones were disgusting/

Chairhome

Long story short, both Bruno Mars and Justin Timberlake are coming around here (Bruno to Tampa and JT to Orlando). My wife loves both of them, so I told her to pick which one to get tickets to . I shelled out almost $400 a few months back for some amazing JT tickets for December 19th. After that, we found out we are having our first child on January 30th, so by the time the concert rolls around, she will be really pregnant and may not want to/be able to attend such a big show. Couple that with the fact that she just graduated with her Masters, and she got an amazing job out of it, and all of those things led me to these:

DWJhi18.jpg

Nice. I'm seeing him tomorrow night in Orlando. And JT in December :-D

I've actually never posted in the Pick Up threads before, but I'm so dang excited about this that I had to share with folks that can appreciate it.

roflbot.jpg

Super jealous. I had this pre-ordered up until the week before it came out when I had to cancel. I'd love to see some pics of the contents. I'm still going to grab the regular edition sometime soon.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Quite a few pick ups the last few days...

9604978484_d3ec4a69a7_c.jpg

9604978038_8e8e8fe71c_c.jpg

My first 3D Blu-Ray; looked great. And DAT SOUNDTRACK:

9604977732_da7579cdc3_c.jpg

9601742893_42b2ab0724_c.jpg

9601742145_992f61cbc2_c.jpg

9604977070_df6bac33ac_c.jpg

OId gym bag finally completely broke:

9601741473_d63270f573_c.jpg

And finally, yay personal hygiene!

9565751507_080a3062ef_c.jpg

... also got some Tea Tree shampoo and a hair cut - but that's a boring picture; and my mom got me some black shorts from Express, but I'm wearing them ;p

Shengar

Yes, my group did interview them and we should have our stuff up soon - we're aiming to start rolling out some interviews by the end of this week or so with videos to follow. I work with The-O Network so you should be able to find us pretty easily via google.

Great! Bookmarked your site just now. I'm really looking forward for the interviews!

Sora_N

DWJhi18.jpg

I think she'll enjoy it! I went with my gf to his show, pretty good even though I'm not a fan. :)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Top Bottom