• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

mkenyon

Banned
Follow up to my house purchase.

So, the wife is getting fence for two turnouts, a 120' arena, and two stalls with a feed room. This is for saving money in the long run, but, my only requirement is that I get to remodel a room as my office. We've been going over colors a long while, and I was pretty set on grey/green. We're buying paint, and she finds 'Toasted Pumpkin', and insists it'll look better. I end up agreeing, because it's just such a great color and looks perfect with the grey.

Basically, removed the doors/hardware from the closet to just make it an open space that I'll end up adding a shelving system to for PC stuff. That closet is what gets painted orange.

We get around to snapping a quick 'after' picture. She pauses for a long second. "Sweetie, did we just paint your office GAF colors?"

Cannot unsee.

eM9pVSql.jpg

dX3iRtq.jpg

The best Final Fantasy game of all time (also sometimes called Final Fantasy IX)
$15 SEALED on Amazon!!!

G21BmQZ.jpg

Air Gear Vol. 28

FNOXx6d.jpg

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
This has been $19.99 at Target for several months now. Every paycheck I'd go in there and pass by it telling myself that I'd buy it next paycheck, but each time the next paycheck came around I'd never buy it and tell myself to wait.
I'm glad I waited, because this week I walked in there and saw this:
GLabRWn.jpg

Persona7

Banned
The new FF9s have those awesome silver PS1 disks.

Wish they would print another run of FF8 like they did years ago, I didn't bite because I had two original copies of the game but they were both water damaged and I need a new one.

Yes Boss!

This is awesome. When I was in San Francisco this summer I got to play the one in Japantown. I was super pumped, I never thought I'd see one in person, AND I'd just been playing the GBA game on the plane ride in!

That one in Japantown is the only one I know of in NA. There is a youtube of another in someone's gameroom. But it has been very difficult to find any type of info on the machine other than that it was released in 2007. I'm just happy to finally have it and be able to go through all the parts. If you wanna see more I've put some more photos (Naomi cart, internals, etc) at my instagram.

And got a couple of the Pokemon Wii U figures to try out as well as Dragon's Crown:

null_zps45ae0c3a.jpg

Last few pickups for August (September? ALREADY?!):

Cowboy Bebop poster - I'm a recent convert to CB, and I love it. This is a poster for the original domestic release back in the late 90s - amazing condition, and is closer to print quality than just a cheap poster. Will end up in a frame for sure.

v37rDqj.jpg

Elgato Game Capture HD - I've read good things about this one, hopefully it does the trick for streaming my sub-par gameplay performances!

dxrwGU0.jpg

Project Diva F (US) - Just hit the doormat, and on Miku's birthday appropriately enough!

sY0qEmx.jpg

See y'all in September pickups :)

Gamble

Been a light month just a few things a friend of mine picked up for me at the cons she volunteered for and my PS3 copy of FF14

9636706752_92c5ce9030_c.jpg

9633464553_62a01d8a2a_c.jpg

9636702656_472e280438_c.jpg

Gamble

Follow up to my house purchase.

So, the wife is getting fence for two turnouts, a 120' arena, and two stalls with a feed room. This is for saving money in the long run, but, my only requirement is that I get to remodel a room as my office. We've been going over colors a long while, and I was pretty set on grey/green. We're buying paint, and she finds 'Toasted Pumpkin', and insists it'll look better. I end up agreeing, because it's just such a great color and looks perfect with the grey.

Basically, removed the doors/hardware from the closet to just make it an open space that I'll end up adding a shelving system to for PC stuff. That closet is what gets painted orange.

We get around to snapping a quick 'after' picture. She pauses for a long second. "Sweetie, did we just paint your office GAF colors?"

Cannot unsee.

Lol nice

eXistor

Finally I can play Mother 3 the way it was meant to be played. Now of ojnly Nintendo would wisen up and release it officially. Also Killer is Dead Fan Package

l3RIhvx.jpg

My Zelda shrine has been replaced my Mother (Zelda has its own glass cabinet now). I only have to replace the Zelda poster (which will be relocated of course).

U9SHMzB.jpg

Nullgradkelvin

Neo Member
Wait there's a version of LCU Limited Edition with just the PEGI logo? Is that an Ireland-only release, by any chance?

That's the SCN version of the game. So I think it is the Scandinavian version.
Would be nice if some Scandinavian GAF members can verify this.
Bought from ShopTo for 30£.

tL72ljH.jpg

5ltxtPZ.jpg

I've a "little" project, a Nintendo database with all games (all different versions like limited editions), the different country codes (there are so many codes...), barcodes, article numbers and the content of the different game packages.

D-e-f-

Banned
That's the SCN version of the game. So I think it is the Scandinavian version.
Would be nice if some Scandinavian GAF members can verify this.
Bought from ShopTo for 30£.

tL72ljH.jpg

5ltxtPZ.jpg

I've a "little" project, a Nintendo database with all games (all different versions like limited editions), the different country codes (there are so many codes...), barcodes, article numbers and the content of the different game packages.

That's weird. So there must then be Scandinavian versions of all their Limited Editions? (Skyward Sword, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower)

It keeps bugging me that I buy UK versions in part because they're always cheaper and in part because they're not violated by that ugly and huge USK logo but Nintendo's PAN European LEs always have both PEGI and USK on them because they use the same SKU for the UK and most of mainland Europe. Well except for Scandinavia, I guess?

I wish they'd get into reversible covers without the damn logos.

Do you need anything specific for your database? I got a crapload of games :)

Nullgradkelvin

Neo Member
That's weird. So there must then be Scandinavian versions of all their Limited Editions? (Skyward Sword, Xenoblade, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower)

It keeps bugging me that I buy UK versions in part because they're always cheaper and in part because they're not violated by that ugly and huge USK logo but Nintendo's PAN European LEs always have both PEGI and USK on them because they use the same SKU for the UK and most of mainland Europe. Well except for Scandinavia, I guess?

I wish they'd get into reversible covers without the damn logos.

Do you need anything specific for your database? I got a crapload of games :)

I don't know if there are extra Scandinavion versions of all their Limited Editions, because they also have an unified European version with 5 or more languages on cover and the manual. E.g. my Skyward Sword Limited Edition (code: SOUP) has 8 different languages on the package.

I actually thought Lego City Undercover would be the UKV version of the game, because I bought it from UK market.

I would always prefer the GER version of the games, but as you said:

• extreme huge USK logos on the covers
  • prices in Germany are often more expensive than in the UK

Would be nice if you can give me your data for the database.
I will PM you.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
This has been $19.99 at Target for several months now. Every paycheck I'd go in there and pass by it telling myself that I'd buy it next paycheck, but each time the next paycheck came around I'd never buy it and tell myself to wait.
I'm glad I waited, because this week I walked in there and saw this:

Nice deal, and it looks like you narrowly avoided getting one of those red greatest hits cases :)

Finally I can play Mother 3 the way it was meant to be played. Now of ojnly Nintendo would wisen up and release it officially. Also Killer is Dead Fan Package

l3RIhvx.jpg

My Zelda shrine has been replaced my Mother (Zelda has its own glass cabinet now). I only have to replace the Zelda poster (which will be relocated of course).

U9SHMzB.jpg

Gorgeous. Is there any place to get those mother/earthbound figured other than eBay?

Got this awesome 400 page Art of God of War Ascension art book today.
P1000077.jpg

I love the gold trim pages that give it that golden glow.

P1000079.jpg

The pages are really high quality

P1000081.jpg

I also bought these two great Avatar artbooks.
P1000082.jpg

Colonel

Neo Member
I got this today from a guy off facebook for $25.

[

well since the picture didnt show and I dont have a camera to upload anything I will say what I bought. A sega game gear with Tom and jerry the movie, Star wars, spider man dn the return of the sinsiter six, legend of illusion, batman forever, and sonic chaos.

My favorite and best pick up of the year. Now to start studying for CCNA Security, and eventually CCNA Wireless.
I used to have that mentality that I had to collect them all. Got the R&S, Security, Voice and DA. But eventually, you forgot that stuff unless you happen to work someplace that uses all of the technologies and provide you with the hands on. Not to say, you shouldn't stop learning, as it's continuous in IT. The industry is a fast moving one and you can't rest on your laurels.

Congrats and good luck to you in your studies.

Got some swags when I was workin at the NaughtyDog:
Poster. Got #85 out of 500 that were printed. Huge... where do I find a large frame to frame this? Want it on my wall so bad... eventually... eventually...
9fLMEG9.jpg

Also had to get this signed:
eymoRZC.jpg

Had this one for a while (since before the game was out). Amazing art book:

Also signed:

Also picked up metal gears. all of them.

Gameboy415

1308-Games6_zpsfb72ebf4.jpg

-The top 3 games were cheap on Amazon, I found JP for a decent price on eBay, and the Killer Is Dead CE is also from Amazon.
Killer is Dead has been a lot of fun so far (I think I'm about halfway through the main story) and all the controversy about Gigolo mode was blown way out of proportion, IMO.

1308-Games7_zps2d30180c.jpg

-I nabbed the games on Amazon and got the Pokemon figures from Gamestop.
My local store had actually peeked in and labelled every capsule so I was able to pick up 16 of the 18 figures (they were out of the other 2 I need) w/o worrying about getting any dupes.
I also got a Black Kyurem figure for buying a DL code for the game and they gave me the display box to carry em all home. :)

omgkitty

Cowboy Bebop poster - I'm a recent convert to CB, and I love it. This is a poster for the original domestic release back in the late 90s - amazing condition, and is closer to print quality than just a cheap poster. Will end up in a frame for sure.

v37rDqj.jpg

Elgato Game Capture HD - I've read good things about this one, hopefully it does the trick for streaming my sub-par gameplay performances!

dxrwGU0.jpg

Project Diva F (US) - Just hit the doormat, and on Miku's birthday appropriately enough!

sY0qEmx.jpg

See y'all in September pickups :)

Oh shit where did you get that Cowboy Bebop poster from?

sadromeo

If the infernal helm is prepackaged in there, what about the wings and the dyes?
Do first print copies only get the infernal helm?

Okay, so after finally opening the game and playing it, the dyes, wings and ps3 items ("Hero's Journey" and "Drake amulet") are located in the stash.

So the only code to input is for the infernal helm. The rest will be available to you right away. At least for the PS3 version. Not sure if this is first run copies only or what.

weevles

This month's Pick Ups:

SRIV Wub Wub Edition
Fire Emblem Awakening
Perona 4 Golden
Shooting Love 10
Dondonpachi Saidaioujou
Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets

IMG_8635_zps5030a479.jpg

weevles

Thanks! Trying to juggle all of them right now lol. Luckily, the shmups can be taken in short bursts...especially since I suck badly at them haha!

v37rDqj.jpg

OQbMY75.gif

Seriously...that is so awesome...not much gets me in this thread, but CB vintage always does...well done

frame it...frame it now!

BigMike

Neo Member
Long time lurker, rare poster. I felt rather inspired by looking through this months bounty. Here's mine:

HDR-CX230. A very late wedding anniversary gift from the in laws.

Classic Ray-Ban Aviators. They're prescription so really just the frame is Ray-Ban. I had the lenses mirror coated to achieve the closest effect. All that's missing is the little "Ray-Ban" logo in the corner. Which would have cost an extra $100. O_O

Not many games this month. The Shadow of the Empire came from a Value Village for $12.99. Complete but the polar opposite of mint. The Terraria was a fluke find and no. 12,685 of 30,000. Lastly My Neighbour Totoro is my five year old daughter's first Miyazaki film.

LiK

Got some swags when I was workin at the NaughtyDog:
Poster. Got #85 out of 500 that were printed. Huge... where do I find a large frame to frame this? Want it on my wall so bad... eventually... eventually...
9fLMEG9.jpg

Also had to get this signed:
eymoRZC.jpg

who are you at ND so i may thank you for your hard work.

Top Bottom