• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enewtabie

iCon said:
p1010696j.jpg

I'm so jealous of you right now. Waiting for Tuesday for my copy of Arkham and Metroid.

Chorazin

Urban Scholar said:
I was looking for that at my Toys.... :( Is it fun like I think it is?

Yeah, it's a really fun game, lots of twists on the tower defense game. I played a few hours on a friend's copy, so I'm glad I was able to get it for cheap.

Mithos said:
IcaMaxi Supermarket (love them) lowered the PS3 price to €299 ($427) from €399 ($570) just to clear their stocks before the PS3 Slim comes.

So I picked one up, and Resident Evil 5.

116nygm.jpg

Is this the first PS3 in the thread since it was marked down???

F

finskninja

Unconfirmed Member
Dizzy-4U said:
- Termo Electrico: Very practical item. I think in Britain they call it electric teapot or something like that. I'm a "Mate" junkie and I'm constantly drinking it all the time. I bought this because you can regulate the temperature of the water and since the "Mate" needs to be a few degrees below the boiling point, it's usefull specially for me and my sutpid memory (always forget that I put the teapot in the fire and the water is always boiled).

2ajhg4.png

Hehe is that a pot of gold i see there???

F

finskninja

Unconfirmed Member
neopokekun said:
pickup_aug09_c.jpg

Went to Sinfonia Dramatica, a concert with music by Chris Hülsbeck and Yoko Shimomura preformed by the Royal Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra.

Was it a good concert? My wife and i were going to see that one but we decided to see Kebnekajse instead :)

Went a little crazy last week.

3852814412_1225baa600.jpg

iPhone 3GS (w/ invisibleSHIELD screen protector) replacing my Nokia E71 which I loved.

3852813298_1ff24da44e.jpg

Just Mobile Xtand. Rotates 360 so you can view it vertically and horizontally.

3852814004_c002410ffa.jpg

Entry level Mac Mini, keyboard and Might Mouse. Upgraded the RAM to 2GB and installed Plex. Makes for an awesome HTPC!

finskninja said:
Was it a good concert? My wife and i were going to see that one but we decided to see Kebnekajse instead :)
It was alright. I find Yoko Shimomura's music to be kind of bland or dull, but the Royal Philharmonics were great as always. Chris Hülsbeck's pieces were a lot more interesting.

Vorador

Banned
Anno 1404 Limited Edition, numbered 430/30.000

2z51205.jpg

The box is real wood and leather. :D

2e67ot4.jpg

Comes with the game, a crafted wooden compass, artbook, bonus DVD, a few seeds of some tree and a poster.

Also i picked up Drakensang and the perfect soundtrack for it :D

e262q.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I love the 3GS. I'm gonna get one in a week or two, so much better than my current G1 and my old iPhone (first gen)...

I like qwertys too, makes texting while driving easier :x

LiK

MarkMan said:
I love the 3GS. I'm gonna get one in a week or two, so much better than my current G1 and my old iPhone (first gen)...

I like qwertys too, makes texting while driving easier :x

EVIL!

Vorador said:
Anno 1404 Limited Edition, numbered 430/30.000

http://i28.tinypic.com/2z51205.jpg[/IMG

The box is real wood and leather. :D

[IMG]http://i30.tinypic.com/2e67ot4.jpg[/IMG

Comes with the game, a crafted wooden compass, artbook, bonus DVD, a few seeds of some tree and a poster.

Also i picked up Drakensang and the perfect soundtrack for it :D

[IMG]http://i28.tinypic.com/e262q.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
A Twist In The Myth is excellent. Enjoy it.

Edit: I really hope your driving while texting bit is an aborted attempt at humor, MarkMan.

WEGGLES

Prof Layton Get!

IMG_0022.jpg

So far just as excellent as the first.

To bad the box art is shit. Why'd they put that dumb blue bar on it? DS boxes are small enough as it is. :{

neoism

Well, I got 4 plain colored T-shirts.

A bunch of Car cleaning supplies!( I hadn't cleaned it in like a year! :/)Took me 4 hours!

2 Tickets to District 9, we Loovved it, one the best movies I've seen this year!

To lazy to post pics their plain...

Yes Boss!

WEGGLES said:
To bad the box art is shit. Why'd they put that dumb blue bar on it? DS boxes are small enough as it is. :{

Damn, I'm pretty down with the box art. I specifically enjoy the Nintendo log0 on the blue background that makes it appear old-school (could do without the dual languages, though).

Anyways,

Picked up part two of three for VC:

P1020104.jpg

WEGGLES

Yes Boss! said:
Damn, I'm pretty down with the box art. I specifically enjoy the Nintendo log0 on the blue background that makes it appear old-school (could do without the dual languages, though).

I like the art, but I hate the big blue bar taking up a good 1/3 of the space covering the nice pic with stuff that should be on the back of the box.

It'd be like if they put a big blue banner over a large portion of a MGS box and it just was like "SNEAKING MISSION" with stock screen shots. :\

And the dual language is law in Canada. (Which is dumb for games like Layton, since it's only in english....:lol :lol :lol )

SuperPac

WEGGLES said:
I like the art, but I hate the big blue bar taking up a good 1/3 of the space covering the nice pic with stuff that should be on the back of the box.

It'd be like if they put a big blue banner over a large portion of a MGS box and it just was like "SNEAKING MISSION" with stock screen shots. :\

I'm guessing a big part of why the box is set up that way is because a few big US retailers have their games locked in cases so you can only see the front (Wal-Mart, Target). To the casual DS user that likes Brain Age, etc., they'd have no idea Professor Layton is all about puzzle-solving/brainteasers unless it is specifically explained on the front of the box. Which it now is.

WEGGLES

SuperPac said:
I'm guessing a big part of why the box is set up that way is because a few big US retailers have their games locked in cases so you can only see the front (Wal-Mart, Target). To the casual DS user that likes Brain Age, etc., they'd have no idea Professor Layton is all about puzzle-solving/brainteasers unless it is specifically explained on the front of the box. Which it now is.
Couldn't they have just put a sticker on the shrink wrap? :(

Oh well. That lame box art ruining bar doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game :D

The Japanese Layton cover is similar isn't it? Probably some universal decision.

Edit: Just the blue bar thing is the same, dunno what it says in said bar whether its a similar theme or not. :lol Knew there was something similar about the two though.

LiK

WEGGLES said:
Couldn't they have just put a sticker on the shrink wrap? :(

Oh well. That lame box art ruining bar doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game :D

yea, box art is lame. thank gawd people are making custom art that ain't shit out there.

SmZA

SolidusDave said:
Bought two more PS2-games last week, making my PS2 collection almost complete, for my taste.

n4eidg.jpg

Both were new&sealed, around 21€ each. (SotC is from India actually :lol "For Sale in India Only" )

Awesome, I've been hunting SotC on PAL for ages. I've seen those Indian sellers on eBay but assumed they were pirated or otherwise crappy. I've just bought one from the same seller as you did :D

BrettWeir

Built a new PC

- Acer 23" Monitor
- Asus PQ5C Mobo (DDR2 and DDR3 compatible)
- Core 2 Duo E8500
- Antec 600 Watt PS
- Antec 300 Case
- 1 TB WD Black Caviar HDD
- Plextor DVD-R
- XFX Radeon 4850
- (Not shown) 4 Gig 1066 DDR2 Patriot RAM
- Gigabyte Ghost Gaming Mouse
- Tritton AX PC Pro 5.1 Headphones
- Logitech G13 Gaming Keyboard

IMG_2879.jpg

IMG_2885.jpg

IMG_2891.jpg

-PXG-

BrettWeir said:
Built a new PC

- Acer 23" Monitor
- Core 2 Duo E8500
- Antec 600 Watt PS
- Antec 300 Case
- Plextor DVD-R
- XFX Radeon 4850

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/PB_Conspiracy/IMG_2879.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/PB_Conspiracy/IMG_2885.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/PB_Conspiracy/IMG_2891.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

NOICE!!!

spats

BrettWeir said:
Built a new PC

- Acer 23" Monitor
- Core 2 Duo E8500
- Antec 600 Watt PS
- Antec 300 Case
- Plextor DVD-R
- XFX Radeon 4850

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/PB_Conspiracy/IMG_2879.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/PB_Conspiracy/IMG_2885.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/PB_Conspiracy/IMG_2891.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nice setup! I got the same case when I built a new rig. Could be quieter but it's all good.

Gameboy415

Picked up quite a bit of stuff over the last few weeks:

0908Nintendo2.jpg

Chee Chai Alien for GBC - Developed by Creatures, of Pokemon fame.
Dragon Slayer for Super Famicom - Got it free from a friend who left Japan recently.
Pachi-kun Special 2 for Super Famicom - Got this one from the same friend.
Wii Motion Plus - Got it to play WSR with the girlfriend. Only 1350円!
Pop'n Music GB - Disney Tunes for GBC - The last game I needed to complete my Pop'n Music collection! :D
Bomberman 64 for N64 - Read about its rarity/greatness on various websites and found a copy for only 3980円. :D
Yokai Douchuki for Famicom - Old school platformer I'd been searching for, woo!
Let's TAP w/boxes for JP Wii - Only 980円 brand new! :D

0908Sony2.jpg

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 Retail Copy for PS3 - My friend happened to be back in the States when it was released and he snagged me a copy.
Bust a Groove for PS1 - Bought it from a friend who left Japan as part of a lot for 1500円 (about $15!)
Bust a Move 2 Dance Tengoku Mix for JP PS1 - part of the lot from my friend
KunioKun Arcade port for JP PS2 - Cheap and fun beat-em-up
Macross for JP PS2 - part of the lot from my friend
Space Venus Featuring Morning Musume for JP PS2 - part of the lot from my friend
Panzer Dragoon Orta for JP XBOX - part of the lot from my friend. BC on my JP 360 and it came with a soundtrack! :D

0908Manga2.jpg

Dororo 1-3 (English Manga) - Got these at a local bookstore that had all English books 20% off
天地創造 (AKA: Terranigma) Guidebook - pretty small but has nice art and maps
Donkey Kong Trading Cards - a random gift from my friend
妖怪大図鑑 (Yokai Daizukan) - cool Yokai guidebook with art by Shigeru Mizuki, of GeGeGe no Kitaro fame
Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Shinji Ikari Raising Project (English Manga) - Been reading this Eva spin-off in Japanese, figured I'd grab the English book on the cheap.

0908Manga.jpg

Zetman Manga - Collection of short stories, including one about:
Shadow Lady Manga 1-3 - A continuation of the short story in Zetman
Godzilla Manga 1-2 - These are AWESOME! I finished the first book today and I LOVE it so far.
NBA Story Manga 1-5 - randomly found these last night for 105円 each. Stories about the Lakers, the Bulls (go Bulls!), and the Suns during Michael Jordan's heyday.
Cyborg Jiichan G Manga - This looked too crazy to miss and it was only 105円. :D

0908Wand.jpg

Inflatable Wand from e3 - random gift from my friend who got it from a friend who went to e3

Spayro

sikkinixx said:
AllPicturesAugust23091.jpg

New shelves to add more room for the damn Might Muggs. Cheap metal ones ($5 each) and they add some stuff on the walls since the room is kind of barren.
I like the little Chuck Palahniuk collection there.

ha1f

MarkMan said:
3854829726_9f80d46301.jpg

3854828342_bf823aa4a4.jpg

New bag for my Macbook Pro. Nice canvas texture with blue lining (my fave color!) !
How's the quality on that bag? I'm looking to pick up a new backpack and the slim form factor of some of the incase stuff has really caught me eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom