• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Returned the Sony headphones and picked up the Apple ones. They're decent but the bass is lacking, meh.
2004i2h.jpg

xclaw

IMGP3971Large.jpg

New filter for the cheapo vacuum and Batman! Combined they were still cheaper than the msrp of your average PS3 game... Thanks Wal-Mart, I guess.. or whomever is in charge of the Batman deal. :)

jergrah

//crappy iPhone pics

New chair for my formal living room to replace an older rocking chair
96p.jpg

lhls.jpg

Horrible pic -- but its the Gears All Fronts whatever its called expansion
5ef.jpg

One of my old co-workers now works at MS so got the 120GB from the company store for only $100
inqv.jpg

Intentor

Neo Member
dsc00914g.jpg

Today I received four huge packages with some new amazing additions to my collection (plus some others of the last week):

Nintendo DS
Professor Layton and the Curious Village and New Super Mario Bros;

GameCube
Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil: Remake, Resident Evil 3, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Zelda: Wind Waker and a 251 blocks memory card;

Wii
Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil, WiiSport Resort Bundle and Wii Classic Controller;

PlayStation 3
inFAMOUS and Red Faction: Guerrilla;

BluRay
V for Vendetta, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (yes, I liked too much the movie) and Sunshine;

Books
The Geek Atlas: 128 Places where Science & Techonology come Alive.

ZZMitch

P1000440.jpg

First PS3! Bought KillZone 2 and Ratchet & Clank: ToD. Uncharted coming in the mail (GameStop was sold out) and picking up LittleBigPlanet: GoTY edition in a few weeks!

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
S6306454.jpg

Latest issue of Film Comment, Sons of Anarchy: Season One DVD, Haruki Murakami's Sputnik Sweetheart, and Kneadlessly Simple baking book.

S6306466.jpg

A bunch of kitchen stuff I either needed or wanted to replace.

S6306473.jpg

A couple of shirts, a pair of boxer briefs and a new coat, all from Topman.

ZZMitch

alr1ghtstart said:
umm, you know you can get those games cheaper new, plus without those obnoxious stickers, right?

Enlighten me. I bought the games with money I already had on my EDGE card any way, but I would like to know where I could get them cheaper :D

suikodan

New pickups for the end of this month:
P1010003-1.jpg

HP Mini: It's a 1.6ish Ghz machine with a 10' screen. Bought it for my gf so she can access it while taking care of the newborn. Will also be a good machine to take on the road and tether the internet using my iPhone. Bought the red mouse because my gf loves that color.

Batman AA: I never played the demo but saw the metacritic score and I couldn't let that pass with such a low price. Funny thing, Batman cost 40$ but I got "sorta" 30$ off it since the PC above dropped from 329$ to 299$ in just one week so I went back to BestBuy and asked for the difference. :D

I did not buy the books but rented them at the library. They're from the Sorcellery series of Book where you're the hero (but in french) and I got a recent craving for them. I'm happy.

billy.sea

Banned
ZZMitch said:
P1000440.jpg

First PS3! Bought KillZone 2 and Ratchet & Clank: ToD. Uncharted coming in the mail (GameStop was sold out) and picking up LittleBigPlanet: GoTY edition in a few weeks!

Never understand why people would save just a few dollars out of a $60 game and get it used. You get a worn out copy and it hurts the developers. If the used price is much cheaper I would understand, but this?

ZZMitch said:
img

Enjoy!

End of the month splurge:
P1010054.jpg

P1010053.jpg

Batman PS3 is in the mail as well :)

nyprimus2

billy.sea said:
Never understand why people would save just a few dollars out of a $60 game and get it used. You get a worn out copy and it hurts the developers. If the used price is much cheaper I would understand, but this?
Coupon + edge card could make it much cheaper then the sticker price.

Where is everyone getting the Slim PS3's?

Jal

Best Man gifts

2lke78x.jpg

and from the US of America

11abvhz.jpg

plus Twinkies and Beef Jerky but i already ate those, and im now tucking in to the babyruth mmm!

nny

New t-shirts, movies and a ticket from a NIN gig:

DSC04701.jpg

DSC04703.jpg

Clockwork Orange-themed pick-ups:

DSC04700.jpg

Appy Polly Logies for the pics being not-so-great.

AniHawk

Yaceka said:
How is Phantom Brave for Wii?

Pretty much the same as the PS2 game. You can play up to four different control methods, and I don't think any use the pointer. The extra story stuff is sorta weird. They couldn't get Steve Blum or Crispin Freeman back. The levels are pretty good though. And for 40 bucks it comes in a nice slip case and with an art CD. If you don't have the PS2 game, and you're looking for an SRPG for the Wii, it's a good buy. Just be prepared for a bit of level grinding.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
We got slimz...

5409_119705553882_507353882_2380175_4211223_n.jpg

ha1f said:
How's the quality on that bag? I'm looking to pick up a new backpack and the slim form factor of some of the incase stuff has really caught me eye.

The incase line for their new bags are really nice. I have both a 15 and 13 MBP and would recommend them to anyone. The quality on the canvas/outer is really good and the inner/soft lining is soft enough/padded enough where I don't worry about throwing my macbook in there/leaving it in there.

nny

I forgot the downloads in the last post:

gog-nfh.png

I got this on a whim, and it has been a fun little game.

drpltz-1.png

1701.png

aahh..Steam and its sales tempting me.

Roxas

woodypop said:
Nice, is that gun good/accurate?

I've been thinking about getting a couple. Playing with the naked controller feels kinda weird.

Its very nice.

Got it cheap for £8, has a nice weight to it, very accurate. It has a groove down the grip to put the nunchuck lead into so it doesnt get in the way.

Played it with HOTD and Resi Evil UC and had no problems, plays great on both games. Its about a thousand times better than that piece of shit Wii zapper.

Hark

suikodan said:
HP Mini: It's a 1.6ish Ghz machine with a 10' screen. Bought it for my gf so she can access it while taking care of the newborn. Will also be a good machine to take on the road and tether the internet using my iPhone..

I grabbed one of those yesterday because I was looking for something small for grad school. Got it for $299 CAD and have been really impressed so far.

enewtabie

Gamestop didn't have my Metroid Trilogy in today. I picked up Batman Arkham Asylum. Purchased 2000 Wii points and then I got Super Empire Strikes Back.. Keep the old stuff coming Lucasarts.

001-10.jpg

004-7.jpg

billy.sea said:

I don't care about supporting the developers (yeah, yeah, I know) but I'll buy a used game if I can't find it elsewhere. Hasn't happened much this generation but it's a lot easier a lot of the time to buy used rather than order it from Amazon. I don't buy them when it's so little of a discount though.

Metroid Prime Triology and PS3 Slim Goodbody will be here tomorrow
33uzpxc.jpg

billy.sea said:

Especially considering on Amazon right now, Killzone 2 is $50 and Ratchet is $24 for them new :lol

enewtabie

Valkyr Junkie said:
Metroid Prime Triology and PS3 Slim Goodbody will be here tomorrow
33uzpxc.jpg

Nice pickups and pickups to come. I tried to buy the Arkham CE at Ebgames,but no dice. I should have preordered...:lol

nny said:
Clockwork Orange-themed pick-ups:

DSC04700.jpg

Appy Polly Logies for the pics being not-so-great.
It's an interesting movie to be sure, but I wouldn't be caught dead walking around with a shirt in support of it. Or at least, I'd avoid the person that did.

Creepy as hell. :O

Intruder_qc

Neo Member
suikodan said:
New pickups for the end of this month:
P1010003-1.jpg

I did not buy the books but rented them at the library. They're from the Sorcellery series of Book where you're the hero (but in french) and I got a recent craving for them. I'm happy.

OMG!!!

The Sorcellery series of book of "Un livre dont vous êtes le héro" was great! I remember to have read them when I was in high school like 20 years ago... (ouch that make me feel old). If you like those ill recommend the "Loup Solitaire" series up until the 5th one, after that the stories is a bit different and not as good :-(.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Got some more stuff recently, but no hardware :(

I want some new hardware.

img_0015.jpg

Oh, actually the chair they're sitting in is a new pickup. It's mega comfy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom