• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nilbog21

Banned
Cosmic Bus said:
S6306454.jpg

[/IMG]

Where can I get filmcomment?

Borders / Barnesnnoble?

Chorazin

a014f21a.jpg

Amazon delivered Batman: AA today, and Saturday a friend on Twitter responded to my request for a Nintendo WiFi stick, and I got it in the mail yesterday totally free!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Chacranajxy said:
Got some more stuff recently, but no hardware :(

I want some new hardware.

img_0015.jpg

Oh, actually the chair they're sitting in is a new pickup. It's mega comfy.

How do you have so much win in this picture?

nyprimus2

Chacranajxy said:
Got some more stuff recently, but no hardware :(

I want some new hardware.

img_0015.jpg

Oh, actually the chair they're sitting in is a new pickup. It's mega comfy.
Link to the chair? I'm in the market for one.

So, I can't pick up Metroid Prime Trilogy for about a week - are all the versions they put out "collectors editions"? I hope so.. that case looks nice.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
SonOfABeep said:
So, I can't pick up Metroid Prime Trilogy for about a week - are all the versions they put out "collectors editions"? I hope so.. that case looks nice.

I believe that yes, all the copies out there are the collector's edition. At least, that's how it was at Best Buy. It feels pretty weighty, so I'm guessing there's some shit inside the case other than the disc. Honestly, I'm surprised Nintendo did the fans a solid like this, but I'm certainly not complaining.

Chacranajxy said:
I believe that yes, all the copies out there are the collector's edition. At least, that's how it was at Best Buy. It feels pretty weighty, so I'm guessing there's some shit inside the case other than the disc. Honestly, I'm surprised Nintendo did the fans a solid like this, but I'm certainly not complaining.

Thanks bud.

new 42' panny plasma and batman have drained me this paycheck..

Intruder_qc

Neo Member
Finally this will be my first pick up post in this thread that Ive been following religiously since about a year.

This month has been good for pick up has my birthday is today :D . And I would like to thank all my families for the great gifts (my wife, my parent in law, my parents, my brother and his girlfriend).

So here we go.

2gb SODIMM to upgrade my Mac Mini to 2.5gb (a bit of pain to remove the shell)
_MG_8516.jpg

Horizon 400 by Louis Garneau (an hybrid bike, had to buy a new bike as my previous was stolen :-()
_MG_8524.jpg

C# programming book (I am learning XNA developement and working on a XBLIG project),
iPod touch 8gb (for doing developement on the iPhone/appstore, yes I am an indie game developer), Soul Calibur IV and Lego Stat Wars : Complete saga both for my "fat" PS3 :lol
_MG_8522.jpg

Ohhh and Ill post another one probably next week once I got my...

Final Fantasy VII black edition wooohhoooooo!!! I got it at a reasonable price on an eBay auction (which mean less than $40!).

Edit : I see on eBay the "shipped" icon for my FFVII woohooo should be here next week hopefully :D

from my recent trip back home to NY

the eye of Judgment was $10 new
Gundam 00 Season DVD
Gucci Wallet
Sealed MGS3
PS3 Capcom V Marvel
Incase iPhone powerslider for my trip to Tokyo
Wii Classic Pro for Capcom v Tatsunoko

sorry for the iPhone quality pic

Another batch of August games. There should be more coming in the mail soon.

First, some Japanese Xbox games:

Drihoo
games021.jpg

Shikigami no Shiro EVOLUTION Red. Now I have all 4 Shikigami games released for the original Xbox in Japan.
games018.jpg

Otogi Special Pack (includes both games)
games016.jpg

Moving to the Xbox 360, some cheap US games:

games002.jpg

IMG_2175.jpg

And some European titles:

games009.jpg

games003.jpg

games007.jpg

games008.jpg

Plus XBLA Turtles in Time and Shadow Complex.

Litflynt912 said:

from my recent trip back home to NY

the eye of Judgment was $10 new
Gundam 00 Season DVD
Gucci Wallet
Sealed MGS3
PS3 Capcom V Marvel
Incase iPhone powerslider for my trip to Tokyo
Wii Classic Pro for Capcom v Tatsunoko

sorry for the iPhone quality pic

where did you get EOJ from for 10?

Dragoon_lantz said:
where did you get EOJ from for 10?

I work in IT on an Air Force Base...their one base store (Base exchange)
sell video games (heck everything...) for dirt cheap and no tax (since its on a military installation)

They had EOJ Kits for $10 (marked from $69) and I just wanted the eye....

Yes Boss!

First off, props to all the new Slim owners. Hot shit, that little system! I'm joining the party this weekend when Amazon delivers.

Had to go to Beverly Hills to Cedars-Sinai to get a nuclear renal scan in which they pumped my body full of radioactive material to photograph my insides. So, afterewards I went to Arclight to see Tarantino then stopped at Ameoba to get the two Whit Sitllman movies on Criterion. The old Polygram Disco has been OOP for so long that it is nice to finally have it back available:

P1020114.jpg

Also, picked up the Excel version of Lagaan to see how it stacks up to the old Columbia disc. As well as Marigold in which Ali Larter plays off Salman Khan:

P1020115.jpg

Stopped at Costco Business Center in Industry to get some stuff for my kitchen. Plastic containers are not Camware but likely just as nice (and half the price):

P1020113.jpg

Some Layton Love for one of my DSs:

P1020116.jpg

And I went for some cheap Japanese beer to help wash out the radioactive isotope in my body:

P1020117.jpg

Yes Boss!

Chacranajxy said:
Hmm.... Asahi... I haven't had that stuff in a long time. I kinda miss it.

Yeah, been about a year for me. I was actually looking for the big ghetto can but those don't seem to be around california anymore. I only drink a few times a year, so this is extra refreshing.

HUELEN10

9d63fc60.jpg

c09befa9.jpg

Please allow me to explain. As much as I like Metroid, something was always missing. The Prime series has always been inaccessible to me because of the gamepad controls and it being first-person. I can't play first-person anything for over a short time without getting really disoriented, and very motion sick. Doctor says it's vertigo. This time, the control are all fixed, I have time, I have a sweet TV to play it on, and I have my meds (not pictured as I need to pick the up tomorrow, the motion-sickness suppressor, and just in case, an old-fashioned puking pail.

Controls are absolutely stellar, the game is beautiful, and as long as I take my meds and take breaks about every 40 minutes, I'll be fine. I would not go through this trouble for any other game, but this is FUCKING METROID! I fell in love with Zero Mission, I adored Return of Samus, and Super was something else! I want to experience that missing saga, and I think it is going to be worth it! I just got the Morphball in the original game, and it's been an absolute delight. Metroid Prime rules!

Yes Boss!

MarkMan said:
Anyone else join the bloods and crips parade?

5409_119876613882_507353882_2382409_48232_n.jpg

What set you bang?!

Stickin' to my White. Representing for my kind (!)

Do those new colors have the metallic sheen like the gun-metal MGS Dualshock? Seems like it from the photo...hot and sexy if so.

If it is like my dualshock (below) then I might have to grab a red one:

P1010591-1.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yep. Metallic sheen.

I should take a pic of my Dual Shock 3 collection, I just need to get the red one.

Yes Boss!

MarkMan said:
Yep. Metallic sheen.

I should take a pic of my Dual Shock 3 collection, I just need to get the red one.

Metallic,

Shit, that means I've gotta put an order in for one for my new Slim that is coming. I love the look of the MGS controller. Hate using the stock sony black. I'm definitely gonna get both colors and then just see which one sticks, and then just throw the other one in the closet. I'm ready to retire my MGS PS3...had that for a year but I'm running out of space. Have you any impressions of the Slim yet?

Gotta love the total re-brand of Sony that is unfolding. I can't believe it took this long. Just wish the Go was coming sooner than October.

WEGGLES said:
You do not know how much I envy you.

Amoeba is AWESOME. Went there while on Vacation. Makes me wanna move to LA. D:

Well, I'm from Berkeley and San Francisco so the LA Amoeba is a distant second cousin. But, I make sure to buy from them when I'm in LA to support...even if it means a five dollar mark-up and 9.75% sales tax.

Maximus.

MarkMan said:
Anyone else join the bloods and crips parade?

5409_119876613882_507353882_2382409_48232_n.jpg

What set you bang?!

hey man just wondering where did you get the blue controller? theres a red one too?? You HAVE TO tell me where :D

EDIT: just googled haha. I am getting a red one :p

This is pretty much what I've gotten this month:

f4r8jn.jpg

Mikey Taylor Blue/Black Etnies Shoes
Orphanage by Robert Buettner
World War Z by The Man(aka Max Brooks)
American Lion by Jon Meacham
The Killing Joke by Alan Moore(in preparation for Arkham Asylum)
Batman Arkham Asylum Collectors Edition

nwemg0.jpg

The Batcave

I'm on a Gundam fix again... >__<

2009augustpickups08.jpg

2009augustpickups09.jpg

2009augustpickups10.jpg

2009augustpickups11.jpg

I got a bunch more on the way too. Wifey's not loving the boxes all over the place. :lol

2009augustpickups12.jpg

Not pictured is Shadow Complex.

And I just got this right now:

20090826-8i3f3m154bjw8nttmeh4hpbijt.jpg

To England I will go!

Good googly moogly, that blue DS3 is juicy. I think I'll go red first, but gimme both.

Litflynt912 said:
They had EOJ Kits for $10 (marked from $69) and I just wanted the eye....

If you don't mind taking the few minutes to set it up, I'd give the game a whirl before tossing it aside to use the Eye alone. It's fun, even just using the default deck against the AI. Screwing around with moving the creatures around in the card check mode is worth a try, if nothing else...it's neat.

Toy Soldier said:
Good googly moogly, that blue DS3 is juicy. I think I'll go red first, but gimme both.

If you don't mind taking the few minutes to set it up, I'd give the game a whirl before tossing it aside to use the Eye alone. It's fun, even just using the default deck against the AI. Screwing around with moving the creatures around in the card check mode is worth a try, if nothing else...it's neat.

I actually did hear good things about EOJ, so thanks for the tip....I guess I was on such as high from seeing it for $10...:D
I will probably give it a go in a little...the thing is still sealed as I have a little backlog to get to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom