• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Crosspost from the arcade stick thread

2s1ncle.jpg

2ziqypv.jpg

Design by me, plexiglass by Arthong.

Drame

Howdy!

august8.jpg

White DualShock 3, might be the prettiest controller on earth, so sexy it hurts!

Seriously, why can't Sony bring the white PS3 to Europe and NA, it would be so sexy...

Good lord, that's one sexy TE you have there SnowWolf!

SnowWolf said:
Crosspost from the arcade stick thread

http://i30.tinypic.com/2s1ncle.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i29.tinypic.com/2ziqypv.jpg[IMG]

Design by me, plexiglass by Arthong.[/QUOTE]
thank you sir, i just figured out what theme i'm using for my stick :o

Chorazin

Drame said:
White DualShock 3, might be the prettiest controller on earth, so sexy it hurts!

Seriously, why can't Sony bring the white PS3 to Europe and NA, it would be so sexy...

I love mine! Looks not so good with the Chatpad on it, but still!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
aggro crag said:
Whoa, where can one pick this up?

I used to see that pop up on Ebay all the time, but haven't found it on an online store in a while. Though personally, I think it makes more sense to get the UK Baldur's Gate collection (with all the games on like 4 DVDs), the Neverwinter Nights Diamond Collection, and then skip the rest. You'll have 5 discs instead of 17, and all the games are excellent.

toasty_T said:
Did you get it from ebay by any chance? I saw a few listed on there from India and thought there was something suspicious about a store selling sealed copies of SoTC.

yes, by some Indian powerseller.
There is always the possibility that they just repack it, but in my case the dvd etc. have no scratches or something like that. I guess it was so cheap because publishers sell them there much cheaper. Other than this India-only-hint, it is a standard PAL-PEGI-version, everything is in English, full colored manual etc.

So far I made good experiences with international ebay shops (from Hongkong etc.), they are just like internetshops w/o a website and because there are a lot of them, you can find everything (i.e. the plushie from my avatar).
Though, I always check what kind of stuff they sold and prefer bigger/established powersellers. (and I only shop at ebay if I can't find a shop that sells it or not at a reasonable price)

Rippa

photo-1.jpg

Louisville aluminum 34in/31oz for the local batting cages. I'm hitting 80MPH consistently.

photo1.jpg

Pretty good.

photo2.jpg

For my young brother. I like the new golf courses. I hit 26 on the 3-point shot in B-Ball.

photo3.jpg

Gotta get my fight on.

photo4.jpg

DreamGear Shadow Wireless for PS3. Perfect for CoD games!

photo5.jpg

Complete with curved triggers so your fingers don't go slipping off.:D

G25.jpg

Patiently waiting for NFS: Shift and GT5. I wish it was compatible w/360 for FM3.

Ledsen

Chacranajxy said:
I used to see that pop up on Ebay all the time, but haven't found it on an online store in a while. Though personally, I think it makes more sense to get the UK Baldur's Gate collection (with all the games on like 4 DVDs), the Neverwinter Nights Diamond Collection, and then skip the rest. You'll have 5 discs instead of 17, and all the games are excellent.

Or the Forgotten Realms Deluxe Edition:

LxRKoLUHH.jpg

enewtabie

Picked up a few things this weekend. Working on a home office in my new home(haven't really done much on that side of the house since I bought it) . So I bought a desk with enough space to put stuff I need on it. Also painted the walls.
I was going to get some more things today,but it started to storm really bad(not a uncommon thing here in North Carolina) so I put it off for another day.

Got the Metroid shirt and poster from the local Gamestop guy and picked up a 120gb drive for the Xbox. Also picked up the amazing Shadow Complex. :D

002-8.jpg

001-9.jpg

003-6.jpg

LiK

enewtabie said:
Got the Metroid shirt and poster from the local Gamestop guy and picked up a 120gb drive for the Xbox. Also picked up the amazing Shadow Complex. :D
001-9.jpg

you're lucky. Gamestop.com couldn't fulfill people's preorder bonuses for the poster. we got $10 coupons outta of it tho which is sweet. at least we still get the t-shirt! ^^

memecomplex said:
Hot Toys 1/6 scale Tumbler!
IMG_0626.jpg

AWESOME. too expensive for me but i want it so bad.

jaydogg691 said:
Damn, I pre-ordered Prime Trilogy and I didn't even get the shirt.

When did you reserve it? I'd check back with the store you got it at, they may have received the shirts/posters after your pre-order.

I'm not picking mine up 'til I buy the game, but both are there. So I'd give 'em a call, just in case.

Diortem7

Does GameStop usually get preorder items in early, and if so, do they usually call you to let you know or do you always have to call and check?

Jaroof

Picture0067.jpg

Got it for $16 at a local Best Buy.
I'm really liking it so far. Don't really understand all the hate it's been getting.
Werehog stages aren't perfect, but they're far from bad imo.
I have had a few little gripes, like some minor camera issues, and the super-hard-to-do drifting.. but other than that, I love it :D

DeVeAn

Jaroof said:
Picture0067.jpg

Got it for $16 at a local Best Buy.
I'm really liking it so far. Don't really understand all the hate it's been getting.
Werehog stages aren't perfect, but they're far from bad imo.
I have had a few little gripes, like some minor camera issues, and the super-hard-to-do drifting.. but other than that, I love it :D
I feel the same way. Oh well, thats how it goes.

enewtabie

Diortem7 said:
Does GameStop usually get preorder items in early, and if so, do they usually call you to let you know or do you always have to call and check?

I've found they do tend to get them earlier than release. I preordered the game when it was first available. He went ahead and gave me my stuff early.

sikkinixx

Did some Ikea-ing for a few bits and bobs for the second room/office.

AllPicturesAugust23094.jpg

Not the table we wanted but marked down from $120 to $23. Pretty decent actually.

AllPicturesAugust23091.jpg

New shelves to add more room for the damn Might Muggs. Cheap metal ones ($5 each) and they add some stuff on the walls since the room is kind of barren.

sikkinixx said:
Did some Ikea-ing for a few bits and bobs for the second room/office.

AllPicturesAugust23094.jpg

Not the table we wanted but marked down from $120 to $23. Pretty decent actually.

AllPicturesAugust23091.jpg

New shelves to add more room for the damn Might Muggs. Cheap metal ones ($5 each) and they add some stuff on the walls since the room is kind of barren.

the shelves are awesome...may I ask, where did you get them from?

Spruchy

EvilMario said:
Arrgh. We can't buy Metroid Prime Trilogy, Muramasa, AND Phantom Brave. What to do.. what to do..

If you have the older versions of the rereleases get Muramasa, if not get Prime because its the best bang for your buck.

topofuji

Banned
enewtabie said:
Got the Metroid shirt and poster from the local Gamestop guy

I pre-ordered online before-hand, and I'm not getting the poster, just the shirt. Such a shame even online it's not guaranteed.

What do you mean "got it from the local GS guy"? Like he sold you it out of store (a friend?) and he was hoarding pre-order bonuses? Sounds like typical GS retail employee/manager activity (eye roll)
Again a shame we get gipped out of pre-order bonuses in-store because of things like that, it's a reason I only pre-order online now, but even then it's not guaranteed.

Dreweyes

Went to the flea market this morning!

Got:

Bushido Blade w/case & booklet like new = $6
Ghosts'n'Goblins cartridge = $1
Gradius cartridge = $1

And I got this amazing shirt screenprinted for $5!
Sooooooo badass!

l_905a437095ec4f41bea065f8b3fd35ed.jpg

Chorazin

ff32c0bb.jpg

Went to TRU for the Buy 1 DS/Wii Game Get 1 Half Off sale today, but only found one game I wanted, and it was a whopping $10!

I also picked up the SD card because they had it at an OK price and I didn't feel like ordering one online. It went into the DSi!

nyprimus2

ayud90.jpg
dhe542.jpg
29zzt2.jpg

• Xbox Live 12+1 Month Card
  • The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (XBLA) [24% done and playing right now]
  • A sketch book, a bunch of BIC gripped mechanical pencils, and a 24 pack of Crayola colored pencils for when I'm burnt out on video games and want to be draw.

Mithos

Gold Member
IcaMaxi Supermarket (love them) lowered the PS3 price to €299 ($427) from €399 ($570) just to clear their stocks before the PS3 Slim comes.

So I picked one up, and Resident Evil 5.

116nygm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom