• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes Boss!

memecomplex said:
Looks good! How's the friends page?

Not too great...it has the same cheap pop-up book feel that the DS theme had...but it is a constant reminder the game arrives in November. Here is a sample (maybe I'll pick up the Princess Reko statue as well to help anticipate the game):

P1020144.jpg

Yes Boss! said:
Not too great...it has the same cheap pop-up book feel that the DS theme had...but it is a constant reminder the game arrives in November. Here is a sample (maybe I'll pick up the Princess Reko statue as well to help anticipate the game)

Thanks! Might grab it.

I kept looking at the statue when I was in Tokyo; it's nice (And perky). Would have picked it up if it was cheaper... and I'm trying to limit my PVC intake.

Drame

2yki5g1.jpg

Bought a another pair of RealTriggers.
Also got the Caps4Stix. Caps4Stix is practically just a piece of rubber which you slide over your stick, as my hands tend to slip off the DS3's analog sticks. So I decided to try these out.

2qx9q38.jpg

Here's what they look like when you have them on your DS3's analog sticks, pretty ugly eh?
Well, I have to say these definetly give a much better grip, and that's pretty much what I wanted.
If the DS3's analog sticks feel slippery to you, or you just like to have a better grip. I'd check these out.

No45

Drame said:
Also got the Caps4Stix.
A KZ2 clan buddy recommended these to me and I haven't looked back since, they're great. Not a fan of the triggers though, they're a good idea but WAY too extreme a curve for my liking.

Drame

No45 said:
A KZ2 clan buddy recommended these to me and I haven't looked back since, they're great. Not a fan of the triggers though, they're a good idea but WAY too extreme a curve for my liking.

I personally love the triggers, the more curve the better.

I'm really starting to like the caps. The only downside I can think of right now, is that when you have a chatpad on, you can't really do a perfect 360', but other than that they feel really great.

zoku88 said:
17 hours?

My flight from DC to Narita was only 12. And the route goes over Canada!

yea, I don't know...common sense is telling me it is the time difference, but I could be wrong since I'm on the west coast and flying over the pacific...and that is why...
but at this point...I don't care if I needed to land in Bangalore and approach the country by narwhal...

I got the "I'M ON A BOAT" feeling...and it's Friday!!!

Yes Boss!

memecomplex said:
Thanks! Might grab it.

I kept looking at the statue when I was in Tokyo; it's nice (And perky). Would have picked it up if it was cheaper... and I'm trying to limit my PVC intake.

Yeah, theme is 240 points...not badly priced.

Actually, it is the size of the breasts on the Reko statue that are a little off-putting to me (and the anime look that is seemingly popular with folks a generation or two after mine). But, I did order the forthcoming Velvet Odin Sphere statue that is arriving in January so I've kinda "jumped in" and am looking for another to add. Check this one out:

odinsphere_velvet_shop.jpg

zoku88

Litflynt912 said:
yea, I don't know...common sense is telling me it is the time difference, but I could be wrong since I'm on the west coast and flying over the pacific...and that is why...
but at this point...I don't care if I needed to land in Bangalore and approach the country by narwhal...

I got the "I'M ON A BOAT" feeling...and it's Friday!!!
Oh wow, I misread your ticket. I thought you were flying from Canada. (and I didnt get the 4 hour wait between flights.)

Yea, my plane flew north east to Canada and went around somewhere near-ish to the North pole and then flew south-ish to Narita.

Sleeker

Drame said:
2yki5g1.jpg

Also got the Caps4Stix. Caps4Stix is practically just a piece of rubber which you slide over your stick, as my hands tend to slip off the DS3's analog sticks. So I decided to try these out.

2qx9q38.jpg

Here's what they look like when you have them on your DS3's analog sticks, pretty ugly eh?
Well, I have to say these definetly give a much better grip, and that's pretty much what I wanted.
If the DS3's analog sticks feel slippery to you, or you just like to have a better grip. I'd check these out.

Those are nice.
i should get some

alba said:
Dude, congrats! (lucky you i'm jealous!)

Thanks dude...I am totally acting like a 5 year old right now....
the funny part is I vacation all the time and always wanted to go...but the timing never worked...
everything fell into place and I just jumped on it (with wifey's blessing) although the trade off was 2010 is now a vacation to France...

the Jan 2010 pickup is going to be epic...I'm taking a little duffel there but buying a gorilla case to bring back:D
I might actually run super Potato out of stock!

Litflynt912 said:
Shit just got real...Just booked this...

a dream since I was 4....22 years in the making! $$ will be spent!
th_64293_photo_122_1168lo.jpg

Word of warning for those browsing at work. This IS NOT SAFE FOR WORK (unless you work in a brothel).

The link opened some slutty video chat page in a new window.

But that sounds like a fun trip.

Lemmy Caution said:
Word of warning for those browsing at work. This IS NOT SAFE FOR WORK (unless you work in a brothel).

The link opened some slutty video chat page in a new window.

But that sounds like a fun trip.

yea...I used imagefly to link the pic... : /

I uploaded it and all of the sudden got a seductive ad playing for organic recipes...
weird...since the Mods have the site in the FAQ...

Yes Boss! said:

Actually, it is the size of the breasts on the Reko statue that are a little off-putting to me (and the anime look that is seemingly popular with folks a generation or two after mine). But, I did order the forthcoming Velvet Odin Sphere statue that is arriving in January so I've kinda "jumped in" and am looking for another to add. Check this one out:

I'll probably get that Recco someday -- I'm not ashamed to admit that I like em perky:)

Judging from the last few Capcom Girls, Yamato's stuff has been improving lately, so it's a good chance Velvet will turn out great! Yamato used to be one of the worst when it comes to production paint apps; way below Max Factory, Goodsmile and Kotobukiya.

Chorazin

Litflynt912 said:
yea...I used imagefly to link the pic... : /

I uploaded it and all of the sudden got a seductive ad playing for organic recipes...
weird...since the Mods have the site in the FAQ...

I like Imageshack the best, the on-page resizing is handy.

VibratingDonkey said:
I believe Imageshack is frowned upon as their bandwidth is somewhat limited. Also, if the frog shows up you'll be banned.

I recommend Tinypic.

yea, I have tried imageshack to no avail...

at this point, anything to get the hedonistic suggestive popups to be gone is golden in my book!

Ledsen

Litflynt912 said:
Shit just got real...Just booked this...

a dream since I was 4....22 years in the making! $$ will be spent!

Congratulations, I know you'll have a lot of fun here :D

Yes Boss! said:

That's a beautiful statue, do you have the Gwendolyn one?

Chorazin

VibratingDonkey said:
I believe Imageshack is frowned upon as their bandwidth is somewhat limited. Also, if the frog shows up you'll be banned.

I recommend Tinypic.

Huh, I never knew that. I guess I'll need to change my host for pick up posts then!

Drame said:
[IMGhttp://i25.tinypic.com/2yki5g1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGhttp://i30.tinypic.com/2qx9q38.jpg[/IMG]

I had the same problem.. my solution was FPS Freek which makes the sticks feel like 360 sticks.. https://www.kontrolfreek.com/Game-Controller-Accessories/KontrolFreek-FPS-Freek.asp

Volcynika

MortalMonkey said:
I got this little figure, but I don't even know who he is. Anyone care to shed some light.

Thanks.http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/mishimakazama/media1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Called an Onii.

Also my light pickup month

[IMG]http://i32.tinypic.com/13z0a3c.jpg

Amalthea

Banned
MortalMonkey said:
I got this little figure, but I don't even know who he is. Anyone care to shed some light.

Thanks.

They are the most common enemies in Little Kings Story. I want one of those dolls so bad but I've only seen one at an art exposition where the director was showing some art. (He's a nice guy by the way)

Drame said:
Wow, those look pretty slick.
The name pretty much says that they're made for FPS's, but how do these work out on different genres?

Once you get used to it (maybe 2 hours of gameplay) .. you wont want to go back. I never take them off and they click on very well.. good for both 360 and PS3... I love them!

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Dragoon_lantz said:
not actually $5 I had one of AMC's silver ticket passes otherwise had i paid it would've been 9.75 for matinee

I wish it was 9.75 here. Thats the price it was 20years ago here :lol

LiK

memecomplex said:
Thanks! Might grab it.

i already have the Reco statue, will be in my next pick-ups post tonight. i always felt he need to grab figs based from shmups. i love shmup chara designs and they tend to sell out quick cuz they don't make that many compared to anime ones.

Drame

bigGIRLSblouse said:
Once you get used to it (maybe 2 hours of gameplay) .. you wont want to go back. I never take them off and they click on very well.. good for both 360 and PS3... I love them!

Sold!

Going to order my set now.

nodle

Yes Boss! said:
Not too great...it has the same cheap pop-up book feel that the DS theme had...but it is a constant reminder the game arrives in November. Here is a sample (maybe I'll pick up the Princess Reko statue as well to help anticipate the game):

P1020144.jpg

Is this theme available for US 360 users, or just JPN 360 users?

LiK

memecomplex said:
You need to have a JP account (and points in the account) to purchase it. I bought JP points off ebay.

if we sign into our US accounts, does it still work? or is it tied to the JPN account only?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom