• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
DJmizuhara said:
Been a little busy shopping over the past few days

DSC00904.jpg

Whoa!

DemiMatt

Back from SDCC with heaps of pick ups, lots are missing, but heres the main event!

Only the oranged is signed by Geoff Johns.

288be9w.jpg

kcl00.jpg

Not Pictured, soundwave, buzz lightyear, couple t shirts, sketches, signed stuff, and then dvds/blu rays n games.

^to the person who picked up that glorious bag of loot - why the double purchases on PS3 units/saturns etc?

also - where would u recommend getting the Dreamcast Arcade stick (i need one)

and the VGA Box - what does it do exactly - im running my DC On a 1080P 42inch flat screen..does it help at all ?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
DJmizuhara said:
Total pick up;
DSC00904.jpg

I have to say...there is not a day that goes back where I fight the overwhelming urge to buy a Saturn and a Neo Geo and start a collection. Amazing haul. Where did you pick all this up?

Gameboy415

DJmizuhara said:
Total pick up;
DSC00904.jpg

You must be a JET.....right??
If not, that looks exactly like a JET apartment, haha.

I was a JET for 3 years (2005-2008) and I went on MANY similar shopping benders myself.
Unfortunately living in Osaka is a lot more expensive and I can't buy everything I want anymore. :(

If your TV has a VGA input on the back the picture quality should be alot sharper with more contrast than the standard S-video input, the VGA's 640x480 image is beautiful but the offical SEGA DC VGA boxes are very expensive(60 US dollars). U might wanna look around for 3rd party version.
Multiple PS3's are collections items and will stay in the box :D The 2 Saturns, well ones for me and the other 1 is for a friend of mine but he's currently on vacation.
Yeah, I'd recommend you find a DC arcade stick (I've got 2 now) especially if you like Marvel Vs Capcom :D

@Gameboy415; No, I'm not a JET I live with my wife and the in-laws and this was their spare room which I took over to use my my video games/Movie room. :D

@Kintaro; it took me a week and 2 tanks of gas to get all of that stuff...still haven't finished I've got a few more items I'm looking for, King of Fighters 2003 (Neo Geo ROM) and a GPX2 Wiz which is real pain in the ass to find here in Nagoya.

@

Donos

Flying Lotus said:
what exactly do you do with that knife?

Fighting, Slashing, Hunting ... what else >.> . No really, it's multi-tool and not solely a "knife". I just use it for everyday stuff. Opening things
heads and throats :O
like packaging etc. I usually use the pincer and the bottle opener most. I had already dozens of situation where i could help someone with it. The blade is rather small but sharp as hell. Still no comparison to the Gerber Applegate Covert black i had before :p

30kpw5i.jpg

npkwmf.jpg

Ecto311 said:
I have the same one but its black. My self I use the can opener the most.

The extra bit for mine fell out. If you still have yours you might smash the side in a bit with a hammer to keep the bit in tighter.

Yeah, the lovely and sexy CX version. I almost bought it but i prefered the straight blade edge of the normal version. I read a lot about the bit issue but i have an eye on it and my bits are still pretty tight.

DJmizuhara said:
If your TV has a VGA input on the back the picture quality should be alot sharper with more contrast than the standard S-video input, the VGA's 640x480 image is beautiful but the offical SEGA DC VGA boxes are very expensive(60 US dollars). U might wanna look around for 3rd party version.
Multiple PS3's are collections items and will stay in the box :D The 2 Saturns, well ones for me and the other 1 is for a friend of mine but he's currently on vacation.
Yeah, I'd recommend you find a DC arcade stick (I've got 2 now) especially if you like Marvel Vs Capcom :D
thanks for the response. ive found a mint condition atari jaguar im thinking of buying but the cost toget it here to dubai and then get games for it is just ridiculous. cant be as bad as an AES and games tho...

soultron

Banned
Sweet jesus. How do you guys afford some of these monstro-pick ups?

EDIT:

Acer H233H 23"w 1080p monitor for $230! (I play my 360 on HMDI and run my laptop through VGA)
Hohner "Old Standby" harmonica in key of C.
"IDORU" by William Gibson.
Farcry 2 from Goozex.
Rockstar Table Tennis used from EB.

Drame

After becoming tired of typing with a regular pad, I decided to get this:

august4.jpg

Actually, it's not that bad. The keys could have been slightly bigger, but atleast I'm writing a lot faster than with a regular pad.

eXistor

Holy hell @ DJmizuhara, nice haul!

Got 2 movies in today. Due to my own mistake I accidentally bought the region B version of Eastern Promises (I have a US PS3). Apparantly the US release is regionfree, but the English release isn't. How stupid is that. Can't return it either because I already opened it. Oh well, it was cheap.

DSC00350.jpg

F

finskninja

Unconfirmed Member
Bii said:

Yey fish! I used to have an Goby just like that about 20 years ago :D Dont have an aquarium these days but i sure do miss it :( The Firefish is a real beauty!

beje

Banned
My 8600GT died, so I picked up this brick dirt cheap

2qs6iax.jpg

wikmcg.jpg

Absolutely silent when the system is idle or surfing the interwebs, it's almost like it's not even powered up. This is heaven compared with my old card whose fan made infernal noises due to wearing out.

LiK

DJmizuhara said:
Total pick up;
DSC00904.jpg

did you win the lottery? j/k. nice pick-ups. i have the Yakuza 3 PS3 as well and it's bee-yoo-ti-ful in person. too bad i dented the side of it when something fell on it. :lol

btw, i'll be more impressed once i see how you have all those systems set up in your home. ;)

Aksys Games. I love them.
GG2 prize pack I won:

Shout out to Gail + Aksys crew!

___

other pickups:

Imp + Cthulhu circuit boards for switchless multiplatform TE mod.

some parts:

and for Yes Boss!:

Yes Boss!

Whao, that is the exact same color scheme I'm converting my white Amazon HRAP into. Still have to buy a bunch of buttons for a few of my sticks but too many expenses right now.

_dementia said:

Nice! Fun little stick. I'm planning on adding a bit of lead ballast to mine to bulk it up for KoF, making it the same weight as the Mad Catz SE.

-PXG-

100_1734.jpg

100_1735.jpg

100_1736.jpg

100_1737.jpg

Still need to get MvC 2, Trine, LBP History Pack and Shadow Complex, as well as Castle Crashers and Braid when the drop on PSN :)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
The OT's attempted pick-up post has proven to be a miserable failure, so I'll just drag my stuff over to the real topic. :)

S6306003.jpg

Pale Rider on Bluuuu-raaay and a copy of TurboTax because I'm a bad person for neglecting to file my taxes this year.

S6306007.jpg

David Dodge's Plunder of the Sun pulp novel and brochure/application for the Connecticut Culinary Institute... that I don't think can't afford to attend. CRY CRY CRY.

S6306005.jpg

Paul Frank briefs with monkeys on them! Ahh!

Some cheap stuff from Topman, but they didn't send the underwear I ordered! Booo.

S6306050.jpg

S6306051.jpg

S6306052.jpg

The sunglasses look absolutely ridiculous on me, so I'll probably just give them to someone. :lol

15d5aq.jpg

The majority of my order from DVD Planet's recent sale...

2ztd1kx.jpg

...and the one separately shipped item from Planet, along with a couple of kitschy t-shirts that I found in the kids section at Target. Also felt compelled to buy a mango when picking up tomatillos for the dish I'm making for this weekend's IronGAF assignment.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Chiaroscuro said:
Where are you from? Here in Curitiba the flu is really worrying. I hoe you get better soon (and keep you distance!)
São Paulo. Don't think I'll be a problem for your health, haha.

But, yeah. Tough times.

sestrugen

eXistor said:
Holy hell @ DJmizuhara, nice haul!

Got 2 movies in today. Due to my own mistake I accidentally bought the region B version of Eastern Promises (I have a US PS3). Apparantly the US release is regionfree, but the English release isn't. How stupid is that. Can't return it either because I already opened it. Oh well, it was cheap.

DSC00350.jpg

too bad you will be missing on Eastern Promises, its a good movie + naked Viggo fighting :D

jergrah

Seda said:
Wait, there's going to be a movie version of The Forever War? Interesting....

From the Forever War Wikipedia page:

On October 12 2008, Ridley Scott confirmed that after a 25 year wait for the rights to become available, he is making a return to science fiction with a film adaptation of the book. He is currently looking for a script writer..

In March 2009, Scott confirmed that the film would be in 3D citing James Cameron's Avatar as an inspiration for doing so. "I'm filming a book by Joe Haldeman called Forever War. I've got a good writer doing it. I've seen some of James Cameron's work, and I've got to go 3D. It's going to be phenomenal."

Falt

First pick up thread post. First pick ups of the month. Pay day brings joy.

pickup-1.jpg

-4200 MS Points
-Street Fighter IV (€35 second hand) I'm on the lookout for a decent arcade stick. I have my doubts that they even exist in this country.
-Nova Express by William Burroughs, finally found a copy!
-The Eraser, Thom Yorke, just what I needed, fantastic album.

Ecto311

Cosmic Bus said:
S6306052.jpg

The sunglasses look absolutely ridiculous on me, so I'll probably just give them to someone. :lol

At least you realize this. Those glasses make everyone look ridiculous but you admitted it and are getting rid of them.

MrFortyFive

Some of this stuff is from july but it's too good not to post.

Got a great deal on DWIII but I think the real gem is the Sesame Street game:lol

pickup1.jpg

pickup2.jpg

Got the intellivision and all the games in both pictures for $45:D

pickup4.jpg

pickup5.jpg

Hatsworth was a gift from a friend. Great game.

pickup8.jpg

Gamestop's recent sales have been kind to me. Siren and the PS2 games were all from various online deals.

pickup3.jpg

And thanks to yoursisterspretty for an amazing deal on this PS1 collection!:D :D :D about half of them came with guides I'm to lazy to post.
Not sure why the pictures came out so badly though.

pickup6.jpg

pickup7.jpg

Althane

Mr.FortyFive said:
Hatsworth was a gift from a friend. Great game.

You should have said from a PAL.

Because it's the European version.

Get it?

I see you finally got your hands on LBP. Nice.

ngower

DemiMatt said:
Back from SDCC with heaps of pick ups, lots are missing, but heres the main event!

Only the oranged is signed by Geoff Johns.

288be9w.jpg

kcl00.jpg

Not Pictured, soundwave, buzz lightyear, couple t shirts, sketches, signed stuff, and then dvds/blu rays n games.

If you just wanna give those all to me that would be great....

Seriously though amazing! I see you also have an Expedit bookcase. Good taste:D

I should catch up to Blackest Night, I'm just before Rage started, seeing the colored lanterns and the hype train surrounding it is frustrating when you've got an empty wallet :(

Gameboy415

Cosmic Bus said:
15d5aq.jpg

The majority of my order from DVD Planet's recent sale...

Whoah! They continued the Toho Master Collection???
I got the initial box-set and Gojira/Godzilla releases but I had no idea there were other movies out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom