• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
shaolin242 said:
god whered u pick thos eup from. those are some expensive saturn games right there..

Surprisingly inexpensive actually. In the case of Azel and Guardian Heroes it's really only the English versions that are ludicrously overpriced due to their limited runs.

Nell13

Neo Member
outsidah said:
My cat just wanted to say 'sup

1bb4600c.jpg

Lol, it's turning into the ginger cat thread :lol

Donos

Just picked up a cheap pc controller (SF4) and a soft case for my portable WD Hard drive (320 GB),
the Leatherman Skeletool (love it) is an older pick up.
2mwxxyu.jpg

Donos said:
Just picked up a cheap pc controller (SF4) and a soft case for my portable WD Hard drive (320 GB),
the Leatherman Skeletool (love it) is an older pick up.

what exactly do you do with that knife?

Ecto311

I have the same one but its black. My self I use the can opener the most.

The extra bit for mine fell out. If you still have yours you might smash the side in a bit with a hammer to keep the bit in tighter.

F

finskninja

Unconfirmed Member
Nell13 said:
Got a few bits to come later but here is the first of a few

Bamboo one for making my wedding invitations:

pickuppicsAugO9004-1.jpg

Obviously I'm engaged waiting on the ring to arrive will post pics as soon as it does :D

Are you satisfied with that one? I borrowed an Intuos 3 from a friend and i'm pretty reluctant
to giving it back, i've fell in love with it :) It's not that he wants it back right now but sometime he will and i want to have a backup choice ^^

Falt

Aljosa said:
Image0053-1.jpg

Finally made the plunge! :D

I'm thinking about taking the plunge myself and if you're going to do something you might as well do it right! How much did all that set you back? Is there a bundle deal?

Falt said:
I'm thinking about taking the plunge myself and if you're going to do something you might as well do it right! How much did all that set you back? Is there a bundle deal?
I bought it in Canada and it was around 189.99 plus tax which came out to about $214 so it's a fair bit more pricey than in the States. Don't know about any bundle deal but a few sites have specials on the TE model. It's awesome and worth every penny. :D

Guiberu

jergrah said:
The forever war is a fantastic read. I got three quarters of the way through it just before I moved and lost the book amongst the boxes. I'm gonna have to find it again. It's amazing to think the book was written in the 70s when so much of the tech, politics and general ideals are slowly becomming reality today. I can't wait for the movie.

Falt

Aljosa said:
I bought it in Canada and it was around 189.99 plus tax which came out to about $214 so it's a fair bit more pricey than in the States. Don't know about any bundle deal but a few sites have specials on the TE model. It's awesome and worth every penny. :D

Awesome. I'm from Ireland, so $214 bucks is roughly about €140 which is no where near bad considering what you're getting. I doubt that would be the final price over here. I'll shop around.

I know for a fact that if I see a second hand copy (regular edition) for €30 or so, the bargain hunter in me will take over and that'll be that. She sure does look pretty though and I'm a sucker for bells and whistles. God damn.

KingSlime

My first pick-ups of the month:

First, some late summer reading inspired by others' pick-ups (Battle Royale and World War Z):
100_0770.jpg

And on the way home, the mailbox had these waiting for me:
100_0775.jpg

Perfect for my summer of making-up-for-lost-time (I bought a PS2 a few months ago for the first time).

By the way, this is my first post on GAF. I've been reading for a long time now, and the other day my account got activated. The pick-up threads are always my favourite, so I thought I'd start here. :)

july0902.jpg

Picked this up on the last day of July.

aug0901.jpg

My Deep Discount sale items arrived this week.

aug0902.jpg

Can't wait to see the Manics, they haven't played in North America for ten years.

Forsete

A old M42 lens, Chinon 35mm f2.8, very cheap. But the optics were bad, however the seller is taking it back and replacing it.

3792272293_256aa16df7.jpg

3791690459_2d887e19a7.jpg

Blurrovision 64
3791690635_ba66fcc4a6.jpg

Digging these old lenses, often the quality is pretty damned good and they cost basically nothing. However, not for everybody, they are manual including the aperture.

topofuji

Banned
distantmantra said:
july0902.jpg

Picked this up on the last day of July.

Nice, where did you get Ryu ga Gotuku 3 (Yakuza 3) from? My order from Play-Asia has been on hold since July 1, since backordered Aquanaut's is halting the order from shipping. Miraculously they just got Yakuza 3 back in stock, hope that doesn't sell out while I'm waiting for the Chinese ver Aquanaut's to get in stock. :-\

topofuji said:
Nice, where did you get Ryu ga Gotuku 3 (Yakuza 3) from?

Pink Godzilla, a store here in Seattle, had a used copy. It's nice being able to walk into an actual store instead of waiting for things to ship.

My second time posting pickups. Please excuse the piss-poor quality provided by my only camera, the DSi.

Firstly, a neighbour was selling off a bunch of vinyl before moving to Europe. $40 for the following records, a few 45s, and some other stuff.

sixtrane.JPG

Sixtoo "Antagonist Survival Kit" & John Coltrane "Bahia".

slintheron.JPG

Slint "Spiderland" & Gil Scott Heron "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised"

deadstones.JPG

Dead Kennedy's "Frankenchrist" & The Rolling Stones "Exile on Main St."

felafood.JPG

Fela Kuti "Coffin for Head of State" & DJ FOOD "Refried Food Pts. 1 & 2"

Nextly, some video game goodness...

sportssocks.JPG

Wii Sports Resort & an extra Wii Motion +. The girlfriend loves her some frisbee dog, and did not love the state of my old socks.

wiichannels.JPG

I just added "Tales of Monkey Island". Haven't put a dent in it yet.

In keeping with all the other folks' food postings. I picked up some delicious Indian food from a new take-out place a few blocks away.
gracious.JPG

The deliciousness of "Gracious Indian"s Chicken Biryani would probably translate better via a superior camera.

I attended the wonderful "Sappyfest 2009" in nearby Sackville, N.B. A couple mementos...

sappyhat.JPG

rickwhite.JPG

They gave this CD out for free during his set. It has a minor technical issue.

sappyposter.JPG

Lastly, some new shoes, an antique man made out of beer cans, and a vinyl clock a friend made.
kickscanman.JPG

vinylclock.JPG

Nell13

Neo Member
finskninja said:
Are you satisfied with that one? I borrowed an Intuos 3 from a friend and i'm pretty reluctant
to giving it back, i've fell in love with it :) It's not that he wants it back right now but sometime he will and i want to have a backup choice ^^

I am enjoying using it but, I am a complete novice - I think the software it comes with is quite fun to use but I have also acquired Quark since getting the tablet. The Bamboo is a lot more basic than the Intuos tho - it's also a lot less expensive :)

ngower said:
Is it considered criticizing a purchase if I say my cat is better?:D

This is going to end in a cat fight isn't it :lol

Enzom21

Lemmy Caution said:
My second time posting pickups. Please excuse the piss-poor quality provided by my only camera, the DSi.
slintheron.JPG

Slint "Spiderland" & Gil Scott Heron "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised"
"I can't get no job, and whitey's on the moon!":D

JEKKI

Allan Holdsworth said:
winner # 2!!!

without a doubt one of the best recent 2D experiences in gaming!!

altho... Megaman zero series aint no joke either, gotta get 100 points on each stage!!!

Zak n Wiki <3 also!

Ninja Five-O! Great pick-up, I bought a copy on eBay and it was a bootleg cart containing "Ninja Cop," the European version of the game. Pretty challenging.

Ultima_5

KingSlime said:
My first pick-ups of the month:

First, some late summer reading inspired by others' pick-ups (Battle Royale and World War Z):
100_0770.jpg
World War Z is such a good book. If you want more zombie action when your done with it, I recommend The Walking Dead. It's a comic book series, that I find quite enjoyable.

bigosc2k

Banned
Snipes424 said:
I went Ikea crazy, still need to put up some pics and small things here and there but what I have so far

3779562580_4ff5b74c6f.jpg

3778755947_e93c41ebde.jpg

and of course

Did you get the sultan lade slats as a bed base? also you made a great choice on the hopen bed frame and hopen dresser, its one of the top sellers along with the malm bed series.

ZZMitch

Picked up these today

Purchased at Gamestop, awesome value for 18 bucks
P1000347.jpg

Got a 25$ itunes card and picked up these two games...
P1000346.jpg

P1000345.jpg

MangaIPhone.jpg

Picked up a 3Gs and 2 books from the Samurai Deeper Kyo series...I doubt if I'll ever catch up to book 32.

SharpTV.jpg

The wife and I picked up this for our bedroom. 32 inch Sharp Aquos 720p. We only paid $400.00 w/coupon from Costco, couldn't pass up the great deal.

This is my first pick up post, yupee!! Sorry for the date and time on the JPEG, I'll turn it off the camera next time. :D

Bii

ZZMitch said:

How does the game control? I've been wanting a good FPS for my iPhone.

3793425839_015e6b3325_o.jpg

3793425523_bd6d9580b9_o.jpg

Marvel vs Capcom 2. Xbox Live Arcade. $15.
Controls like ass with a 360 controller. *sigh* Almost makes me want to invest in a 360 arcade stick.
Garruk Wildspeaker. Magic: The Gathering. Free.
Got the card in the mail today from purchasing the XBLA game. Not sure what I'll do with it since I don't actually play the card game.

3783686262_f8864fa436_o.jpg

3793321301_29cda4c52a_o.jpg

Got some new fish for my tank. The first is a Purple Firefish which I got for $35. I was going to get a red one but the purple had a better personality and was way more active at the local fish store. It stays in front of the tank and is such an attention whore. It's getting along with my Clownfish very well. The second one is an Orange Spotted Goby ($18). I wasn't able to take a great picture of it because as soon as it was in the tank, it went straight for under the rocks.

ZZMitch

Bii said:
How does the game control? I've been wanting a good FPS for my iPhone.

It controls great, but it is on rail so it is not really a FPS per say. Still really fun though. If you are looking for a "full" FPS though, Ngmoco is coming out with KillTest (or LiveFire) soon and Gameloft is making its own FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom