• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chiaroscuro said:
Released only in Europe (and it seems to stay this way for a while at least, if ever comes in USA). It is done by Milestone, the same Italian studio resposible for Apex for the original Xbox and the SBK series on 360/PS3.

Region-locked, only works in a PAL 360 (I have 3 different 360 to play all the possible games, I know I am crazy and I curse region-lock mechanism). Of course, the PS3 version is region free. It is published by Codemasters in some Euro countries, while in others (UK, Italy) by BlackBean.

However I must say it is a sub-par game. If you know a SBK game you know this game, only with cars. It represents an Italian championship series, but the track and car selection then is very limited of course. Graphically it is very bland, with a brown-filter look all over the place. The racing is very, very arcade, even at maximum realism settings.

Thanks for the info. Here's hoping for an Asian 360 release. I could pick it up on PS3 of course, but gonna be getting Supercar Challenge for PS3 in a couple of weeks and wanted a 360 racer :(

Few things from the last couple of days of July and some early August stuff:

Valkyria finally! Haven't been able to find it new for ages as I wanted to give it a +1 sale rather than buying preowned :) Plus the first of my cheap Play.com anime arrivals.
DSC00085.jpg

KoF XII and preorder goodies!
DSC00084.jpg

Cake!
DSC00060-2.jpg

And finally, the best of the lot, a new puppy! :D She's a Springer Spaniel, called Maizy and has just turned 7 weeks old :)
DSC00078.jpg

Drame

It's only the beginning of August and my wallet is already crying!

august1.jpg

More fighters to my growing fighting game collection. The SCIV Premiun Edition was only 25 euros, and the finals at EVO got me interested in the game, so why not! Also bought The King of Fighters XII.
The feedback on the game hasn't been the best, but I think I'll enjoy it, as I'm complete noob when it comes to fighting games, I suck at them, but I like to play them. :lol

august2.jpg

After seeing inFAMOUS with a 35 euro price tag, I couldn't let it slide. LTTP, but I can't wait to play this!

august3.jpg

My first time playing through Uncharted, I know I'm really LTTP, but better late than never!
Also got the Gioteck RealTriggers, which rock, anyone who wants to have real triggers on their DS3 should consider these!

I buy too many games these days, and more are coming, I think I'm a gameaholic.

Drame

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
And I thought the red US greatest hits packaging was bad.

Actually, I like the US greatest hits packaging, more than the european ones atleast.

I think, I'll print the original cover and try to find a clear blu-ray case.

topofuji

Banned
Drame, where were you able to find the Soul Calibur IV PS3 Limited Edition? I've been craving that exclusive costumes DLC and contents since the game launched.

Nightz

Nightz said:
A little late, but here are my pickups from Comic Con last week:

Castle Crashers
ix8rw7.jpg

Mighty Muggs
116ibzt.jpg

Comic Con Exclusive 25th Anniversary Edition Soundwave <3
2iu7s3t.jpg

Question mark block pillow :D
nwkbcx.jpg
I was looking through some pictures on my phone and noticed that I left out one Comic Con pickup...Spongebob socks :lol

n4e4xg.jpg

28i45fo.jpg

Rouge Trooper rocks.
Wing Island is NOT as bad as ppl make it. It was only 5.- and I have fun with it.
Castlevania = 5.-
Harlem Globetrotters was free
Ferrari Challenge was 15

Drame

topofuji said:
Damn, does that site accept American orders/ship to US?
If not, where else can I find the PS3 LE besides Ebay?

I think VG+ ships to USA. As you can change the currency to US dollar, I would expect them to ship too.

Canti

w1xqtl.jpg

s6jbb5.jpg

- Running out of HDD space on the PS3 with Wipeout Fury, Tekken 5DR, Puzzle Quest Galatic and Battlefield 1943 in the last month (also Fat Princess, forgot to photo)
- Lttp with driving so it's my first car :lol a Rover 25 series

ok this is my first post in these threads so I will cheat a bit and include stuff from last month (some purchases arrived last week anyway).

PSN-stuff:
2nibcw9.jpg

2vmyp89.jpg

(the addon)
2l8aqgz.jpg

a new PS3-game:
15n67tj.jpg

I think play.com still have it for the low price :)

Blu-rays:
fxux5c.jpg

of4i6s.jpg

(saw some of them for the first time. I really liked the Watchmen and Fearless DCs (no english option in the later one btw.) and was kinda shocked that most people seem to hate the Watchmen movie (I don't even know the comic and found these 3 hours very entertaining).
Oh and I nearly preordered the PAL-Version of Watchmen because I did not know how much it sucks ass.

2aq05h.jpg

(Crank is new, too) Still have a lot more DVDs, but it kinda scares me ^^ (I don't double dip and most movies are from <15€ or at least <20€ sales)

btw I like the Crank bonus disc :lol
143p3ph.jpg

for the lulz :D :
2quji2s.jpg

last month I also upgraded the HDD of my PS3 a second time (from 60 to 160gb at launch and to 500gb now)
i528m8.jpg

it is a Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500GB, 8MB Cache, 5400rpm. Seems to be the cheepest 500gb in Europe at the moment (was 80€ for me).

I put the old one in a little case and formated it:
9iz68w.jpg

had only 3,5" external HDDs, kinda nice to have such a small one w/o a power supply.
(I keep the original 60gb HDD if I have to send it to Sony or something, won't give them my 500gb :p )

that's about it ^^

Damaged

Bit of a catch up for me , not posted for a few months

092.jpg

New rear tyre for my bike, nicely bedded in after 100 miles :D

095.jpg

Few blurays, loved anvil, going to see em in november with a load of guys from work so that should be a laugh

097.jpg

098-1.jpg

Also got engaged to the gf but will let her post pics of the ring when it arrives :D

I'm on vacation in California right now and picked up a bunch of new things, which are basically all clothes. :lol Pictures on Thursday when I get home.

Intentor

Neo Member
dsc00795sle.jpg

My newest pick-up: Wii (again - explanations below) with Zapper and Umbrella Chronicles (I'm a huge Resident Evil fan)!!!

Let me explain the "again".

On the ages of 2007, I bought a Wii and loved (at a certain level) the console. However, every time I played it I felt something strange, that the console itself was not that good and some other (only PlayStation 3...) could better fill my player needs.

So, after some complaints about my wrists, I sold the Wii, planning on getting another on 2008, and bought the (so so awaited) PlayStation 3. But playing PS3 made me just more in love with the high-definition and all this technology stuff that made these consoles so amazing that I just forgot about the Wii - until now.

Although playing PS3 made Wii games look to me so simple with so many childish titles that I couldn't get another one again, it was these same things that made me want a Wii (again).

I passed all my childhood playing Nintendo games. This was somthing that I couldn't deny. And even PlayStation 3 and PC having so amazing games, they don't have all the feeling and simplicity of many Wii titles.

So, after some price cuts here in my country, I took another Wii and some games, just like the above photo shows. And I'm very very happy with the Nintendo's little notable console!

Let's feel the wrists in pain (again)!

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
My purchase today :lol

+ 500 GB Lacie HD

photo taken with the iphone, dont knwo now where are the camera charger. :(

august01.jpg

ngower

3788514571_0e04c23f01_b.jpg

The Classic Controller and Mario Kart are the only August pick-ups, the others were on July 31 (and posted in the July thread). I've 1400 points on my Wii Shop account, interested in the N64 Zelda games as well as Monkey Island, but all have said to stay away from joystick-heavy titles without the Nyko or a GameCube controller, neither of which I have.

[EDIT] Component cables were purchased last month as well but for obvious reasons are not pictured.

Vorador

Banned
I hope it's the last time i buy something game-related for at least two weeks :p

040820093441.jpg

Joining the Monster Hunter crowd at last. I hope it's as good as they say. Plus some cheap pickups and a Play&Charge kit i needed since my Fast Charger kit died on me.

Cagen

August seems to be the month to pick up a new puppy. Here's Reuben my new 16 week old Akita puppy.

reuben.jpg

Fat Princess along with connection issues.

fp.jpg

Watchmen Directors Cut which I had to import from America due to Paramount being cocks.

wm.jpg

Nell13

Neo Member
Got a few bits to come later but here is the first of a few

Bamboo one for making my wedding invitations:

pickuppicsAugO9004-1.jpg

Obviously I'm engaged waiting on the ring to arrive will post pics as soon as it does :D

kylej

Banned
4th gen blue nano and 2nd gen touch.... picture taken with my iphone :O

22502IMG_0772.jpg

70311IMG_0773.jpg

Kojima Prod. vinyl sticker that I will stick on something and a new copy of Nuts & Bolts. Somewhere a single tear is falling down BenjaminBirdie's face

First time posting in a pickup thread. I feel so excited. Most of these are from the end of July as I didn't have a camera then.

2gtsqpt.jpg

24pba89.jpg

Yeh, another one for Fat Princess. Looks like a ton of people got it.
mk09u.jpg

A lovely reddish pink camera for me. I'll leave it to you to read the backwards text to figure out what it is.
1z4h8ow.jpg

Love this thing. I can pretty much run everything I've got maxed out now (including AA and AF). Sexy.
6qgoes.jpg

BenQ 24" 1080p monitor. I seem to remember someone in the July thread getting one of these and not liking it. Seems good to me.
zx2lty.jpg

My new issue of EDGE. This is only my 7th issue. I really wish I had started subscribing earlier. It's a really great magazine, and the paper quality is amazing. Worth every penny.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Couple PSN games:
2rhu1om.jpg

2diee77.jpg

A mixture of the old and the new. Mostly the old:
ajtt02.jpg

14y1lk3.jpg

sywl7n.jpg

Some reading material. I heard it was good:
9vld86.jpg

My first print mag in at least 2 years. It's last month's but the articles looked pretty interesting and the quality of the paper and images are gorgeous. More than anything I was curious what these pubs were doing to keep their readership these days, or maybe I just missed good old editorial control in my gaming news:
v8igkh.jpg

I think I'll subscribe.

Neotokyo OST arrived fashionably late. Really nice and atmospheric, but somewhat lacking in "personality." A nice inaugural effort by Ed Harrison.
2qjc31h.jpg

Been very lazy with my pick-ups and taking pics but finally decided to do so.

Got these at Anime Expo:
Boota lifesize plush (he's about the size of a softball)
2846a6b2.jpg

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood mini-figures (Bandai):
IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1058-1.jpg

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood PPP mini-figures (Bandai):
IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

Roy Mustang RAH figure:
IMG_1076.jpg

Finally bought an iPhone (16gb 3GS in black) and promptly put on an anti-glare screen protector and bought a SwitchEasy Capsule Rebel case:
IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

New kicks:
IMG_1085.jpg

Some manga:
IMG_1092.jpg

Fullmetal Alchemist Board Clear - full set in box:
IMG_1090.jpg

BlazBlue:
IMG_1091.jpg

Fullmetal Alchemist OVA Collection (got it from SDCC) & House of the Dead: Overkill (Amazon DotD):
IMG_1089.jpg

Bought some PSN/WiiWare games, but pics later...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom