• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
marwan said:
i wish i paid 70k :( ...it's more like $100k, BMWs are getting ridiculously expensive here in the UAE.

i love the 335 btw, it's fast as hell, congrats man.

hot damn!

well the purchase is well worth it IMO. The 335i is soo sexy (not to say your awesome M3 is not :D) I didn't get mine yet, I've got quoted between $48-52k for the 335i in Torrance,CA. so I'm debating lol.

Spike

Bangai-o Spirits (DS)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)
Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3)

Ninja Gaiden 2 (Xbox 360)

kairu

usopp.jpg

Sogeking figure came in today!

opfigs.jpg

Here he is with all my other ones.

shoes.jpg

Some new shoes from Aldo

suit01.jpg

My first suit.

suit02.jpg

It's Hugo Boss!

stuff1.jpg

Rhythm game binge. GH 3 + guitar + GH aerosmith + rock band + rock band drums all for the price of the rock band kit, so 3 games + superior guitar.

Also got Braid on XBLM

stuff2.jpg

LCD wall mount, which allowed me to do this(still waiting on development permits to finish the damn basement :( )

stuff3.jpg

JPBrowncoat said:
Thanks to Amazon's DotD these were 105 bucks shipped. Pretty...pretty good.
IMG_03591.jpg

How good? Preeetty, preeeetty good. :lol

SIP YEK NOD said:
Rhythm game binge. GH 3 + guitar + GH aerosmith + rock band + rock band drums all for the price of the rock band kit, so 3 games + superior guitar.

Also got Braid on XBLM

How would you play with the mic if you didn't buy the full-set of ROCK BAND?

marwan

Banned
g35twinturbo said:
hot damn!

well the purchase is well worth it IMO. The 335i is soo sexy (not to say your awesome M3 is not :D) I didn't get mine yet, I've got quoted between $48-52k for the 335i in Torrance,CA. so I'm debating lol.

seriously go for it, the 335 is stunning, and it's just as fast as the E46 M3 (which i used to have), as soon as you take delivery of the car you won't look back and you won't even think of the money you spent! :lol

I traded in my 2005 E60 M5(V10 500hp) and i thought i would miss my 3 year old M5, but as soon as i drove off in the M3, i didn't even look back, the car is a beast, it's like an M5 only smaller and coupe version.

go for it man, you won't regret the 335, and not only that, since it's a twin turbo the car is easily moded for more horse using a chip.

marwan

Banned
SIP YEK NOD said:
LCD wall mount, which allowed me to do this(still waiting on development permits to finish the damn basement :( )

stuff3.jpg

is that how you browse the net? o_O dude you're going to screw up your neck being tilted up like that.

Today's Haul:
august08f.jpg

Hayate 8
Yen Plus Vol 1 Issue 1 (An English monthly manga anthology magazine! Like Shonen Jump, but with better manga! *subscribes*)
Tsubasa by CLAMP 4 & 5
Son of Rambow Blu-Ray
A-Train HX 360 (TRAINS!)
DOA Xtreme 2 360 (TITS!)

Yeah. Those 360 games were the kind I'd not normally buy, but my curiousity got peaked at those prices :p

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
marwan said:
is that how you browse the net? o_O dude you're going to screw up your neck being tilted up in that.

Damn I was thinking how the hell does he read it from that far away, Guess i just have bad eyes. Good point lol.

Mardil

Hello, I've never posted in a pick-up thread, I've been waiting for that special moment where I went HD... and I finally did it this month!!!

So first, out with the old....
xenynr.jpg

This TV served me great for like 6-7 years...
Still use it to play Wii, PS2, Xbox, SNES and N64 though :D It's kind of my own "retro-TV" now.

dm7lok.jpg

dm7lok.jpg

I also said goodbye to my laptop... it died around two weeks ago... giving me the perfect excuse to buy a new one.

So now, the real good stuff:

dlrg9c.jpg

309jafl.jpg

Changed my old zv6000 for a Macbook, so far I've been nothing more than happy.

2lsfmls.jpg

I had so many games I wanted for my DS that it was impossible to keep up (financially) and, carrying both, a DS and an mp3 player was such a drag. Plus, I wanted to try what the homebrew community had to offer. Haven't made the jump to DS:L, and I don't think I'll do it anytime soon (waiting for next redesign or price drop).

ergz2d.jpg

I got a PS3, which had you asked me a year ago I would've said NO WAY. This came as a surprise to me because my parents wanted a Blu-ray player and I HAD to point them towards a PS3:lol.

xo4ol0.jpg

I got CoD4 GOTY edition, Soul Calibur IV, and Assasin's Creed from a friend.
My father wanted Superman in Blu-ray... I thought it was a lot worse... it's bearable for the most part.

And finally... my favorite pick-up of the year (together with the Macbook) so far...
2cxdmoz.jpg

bi83dz.jpg

1109eh0.jpg

2zqub0m.jpg

It's an LN40A550. It's got a lot of cool features, but among them... it's 1080p, 60hz, 30,000:1 contrast ratio, 40"... etc. The difference between playing great games on a SD and playing great games the way they're meant to be played is impressive.

Ohh I also got a USB and this keychaing... from my mom and a friend respectively...
wmni8n.jpg

marwan

Banned
a camera shot using my Nokia E71, not the best, i hope Nokia fixes the tint and saturation colors with a firmware update soon. Other than that the phone is excellent!

cars.jpg

marwan said:
a camera shot using my Nokia E71, not the best, i hope Nokia fixes the tint and saturation colors with a firmware update soon. Other than that the phone is excellent!

cars.jpg

are the mini and the x5 yours too?

if yes, i want your job!

kairu

g35twinturbo said:
where did you get all of this?!?! I would def buy em.

I get most of mine through Hobby Link Japan. They are pretty hard to get after their release, and I've gotten a few off of ebay but they can get expensive. They are the 1/8 scale Megahouse figures (Portrait of Pirates).

Quite alot of stuff for me this month :D Broke but happy :lol

DSC00247.jpg

Blu ray! Kung Fu Hustle technically my first Blu ray movie

DSC00249.jpg

Never expected to buy Crackdown but for 5 quid I just had to! Burnout Paradise well worth getting again for that price.

Loads of new dvds!...
DSC00245.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

DSC00246.jpg

...and HD DVDs! - No more now, making the move to Blu ray. So damn cheap though.

DSC00250.jpg

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
marwan said:
My baby is home, a 2009 M3 (fully loaded with DCT sequential transmission, that's Dual Clutch Transmission with paddle shift)

E92M3.jpg

Very nice! A friend of mine has the M6, that thing is insane and I bet the m3 is as well.

And is that a Bentley in the neighbour's garage? :O

dankir

Keen said:
Very nice! A friend of mine has the M6, that thing is insane and I bet the m3 is as well.

And is that a Bentley in the neighbour's garage? :O

I think a couple of his neighbors have Phantoms and Bentleys

marwan

Banned
Keen said:

And is that a Bentley in the neighbor's garage? :O

my bro has the M6 and it's a beast, i drive it very frequently. And the M3 is a smaller bad ass version of the M6 and M5 :)

the Bentley GT in the background is my Neighbor's, but you know, i drove the Bentley GT and that thing drives like a Pig! it's big and heavy, it's fast, but no where near as M3/M6/M5 fast....i drove the Bentley GT and it was the dullest car i have driven, it's devoid of any sportiness feel. Honestly i wouldn't take if it were offered to me for free! lol ...actually I'd take it then sell it the next day! :lol it's too luxury to be considered as a sport car.

BdoUK

Actually got the TL at the end of July but I'm just now getting around to posting pictures.

n12902173_37531320_5848.jpg

n12902173_37531322_6505.jpg

n12902173_37531325_7431.jpg

So far I'm loving the car. The amount of technology in it is mind blowing. I also got a sweet deal since my local dealer is trying to clear the 08s off the lot.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
aug_pk_1942.gif
aug_pk_bio.gif

aug_pk_crit.gif
aug_pk_books.gif

~ 1942 + Bionic Commando off PSN
~ Five more Criterions from Deep Discount; Stagecoach and Maltese Falcon from Best Buy
~ Books of Blood and Black Money from the local used book shop

marwan

Banned
Truespeed said:
Wait, didn't you just buy a BMW 6 series? And now you have an M3? Do you lease or buy?

no i never bought a 6 series. maybe you're referring to the M6, which is my brothers.

marwan

Banned
Kadey said:
Marwan. How much does American cars cost over there?

American cars here are very cheap. But hardly anyone ever buys them, they're just not popular and are cheaply made.

Most people buy German and Japanese cars.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
marwan said:
American cars here are very cheap. But hardly anyone ever buys them, they're just not popular and are cheaply made.

Most people buy German and Japanese cars.

I figured. Judging by pics of various places overseas, there doesn't seem to be many American cars.

Top Bottom