• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Hey HEY HEY
Check it out.... out of all things I will post the most useful now.!!!!

:D :D :D :D

img0048yi0.jpg

bloodline

Neo Member
A second 8800GT for SLI and another 2gb RAM
2779090447_eaf30e10e0_b.jpg

VGA coolers, Arctic Silver, Heatsink Cleaner
2779091027_9a3dcf147a_b.jpg

Before
2779947532_cc4cd3e1c3_b.jpg

After
2779091545_7818bbef55_b.jpg

New Keyboard and CPU cooler
2779090737_dec72387a3_b.jpg

All done =D
2779090025_4c625b3256_b.jpg

Some bargain bin pick-ups
2779945952_b4a502c782_b.jpg

Manp

tmaynard said:
How complicated were those coolers to add, and how much of a difference in temps did you notice? Also, noise?

apparently at full speed they're pretty noisy and the fan speed is not adjustable unless you have a rheobus or something like that

:)

bloodline

Neo Member
tmaynard said:
How complicated were those coolers to add, and how much of a difference in temps did you notice? Also, noise?

Not too difficult. You just unscrew the stock cooling from the back. Stick some heatsinks on the memory, add some grease and screw on the new cooler.

I had an older model 8800gt and a newer one. Old one was 80c idle / 105c load. New one was 70c idle / 80c load. Now they are both 50c idle / 60c load.

As far as noise...theyre about 10 dB quieter than stock...but there are more quiet coolers out there if thats your main concern.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
tmaynard said:

Very simple, just a few screws. Temps probably around 30C drop, looking at 40C idle-ish.

njp142 said:
Awesome post. But why not get Accelero S1s?

Because they are OOS everywhere :lol

Or maybe didn't want to deal with a flexible SLi Bridge either.
Plus, the bottom one would of had to run passive, or maybe he just likes copper and blue LEDs. :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
bloodline said:
Not too difficult. You just unscrew the stock cooling from the back. Stick some heatsinks on the memory, add some grease and screw on the new cooler.

I had an older model 8800gt and a newer one. Old one was 80c idle / 105c load. New one was 70c idle / 80c load. Now they are both 50c idle / 60c load.

As far as noise...I really have nothing else to compare them to other than stock and theyre much quieter than the stock cooling.

Should of turn fan speed up to 60% or higher instead of stock 20%.

I had no problems before upgrading to my S1, Crysis ran for an hour just fine as my card hit 92C under load :lol

I would of expected them to perform better than that :/. My S1 with a single 80mm on it does 42C idle and 52C load. Passive I get the same numbers as you.

*edit: last thing, those Ballistix look single sided from here, not the best sticks in the world anymore fyi. They stopped the awesome D9 production a while back, and even then lots were dying.

Just looking out for ya. (Even if they are $20 some times)

bloodline

Neo Member
Hazaro said:
Should of turn fan speed up to 60% or higher instead of stock 20%.

I had no problems before upgrading to my S1, Crysis ran for an hour just fine as my card hit 92C under load :lol

I would of expected them to perform better than that :/. My S1 with a single 80mm on it does 42C idle and 52C load. Passive I get the same numbers as you.

Im OC'd.

bloodline said:
A second 8800GT for SLI and another 2gb RAM
2779090447_eaf30e10e0_b.jpg
This is what I exactly purchased this month, 2 gigs of RAM and the 8800GT. Although I did not attach any extra cooling devices. Running Unreal Tournament 3 and Quake Wars at full settings is bliss.

Now I have an interesting dilemma when purchasing games since they now look way better on my PC then the Xbox360.

Echoes

batmans-cap.jpg

deoartedsc-cap.jpg

lotr3officeuk-cap.jpg

• Batman Begins
  • The Dark Knight OST
  • The Departed
  • Sly Cooper
  • Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Special Extended Edition, those editions are godly awesome)
  • The Office UK

stawnkald

Yay I can finally contribute to society (or just this thread) since I have a decent camera phone to replace the shitty digital camera that died on me. Note "decent" since the picture still kinda sucks. :lol

DSC00001-1.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
AugustAgainSmall.jpg

A second Wii Fit board, because I'm a consumer whore. Batman Begins special edition. I purchased all 6 seasons of Curb Your Enthusiasm, not pictured here. Finally got PERSONA 3 FES because I think I'll have some time to crack into it, since Final Fantasy Tactics A2 sucked so much and I'm almost finished with FFIVre. Space Invaders EXTREME is so awesome. And some weed for my super high. All gone though, already smoked :(

JEKKI

I gotta new job!! I hate working!!!!

work sucks!!! look what I got during my lunch break...

15xtkcm.jpg

and then later when work was done I went home and got sum mail!!

wtpgm.jpg

a book, a movie, a clock, and a pedometer to BURN DEM CALORIES!!

purg3

slept with Malkin
DSC01079.jpg

DSC01081.jpg

PS3 HRAP3 Amazon.JP edition

DSC01084.jpg

Kratos LBP code! and 360 headset since my cat killed my previous one...

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
purg3 said:
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g209/purgeface/DSC01079.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g209/purgeface/DSC01081.jpg[/IG]
PS3 HRAP3 Amazon.JP edition

[IMG]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g209/purgeface/DSC01084.jpg[/IG]
Kratos LBP code! and 360 headset since my cat killed my previous one...[/QUOTE]

Sweet buys there especially that joypad.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Esperado said:
Are you sure you have the heat sink pointing in the right direction?

It's definitely backwards. :lol

Supposed to blow out like this. Fan on heatsink is supposed to suck out all the hot air from within to another fan acting as an exhaust.
2ni1s93.jpg

Drewsy

Banned
outsidah said:
The new iPod Touch by itself... no

The iPhone yes... name me a better phone with better browser/mail capabilities

Blackberry curve (email), but the blackberry browser/Media Net is really ghetto compared to the iphone's.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yep. If you want to check it, open your PC case and have it running. Notice the direction it's blowing.

Top Bottom