• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

I finally got the MGS2 Subsistence statues, I had the first set for a while but I've been looking out for these. Solidus is especially awesome.

DSC00105.jpg

I also got the MGS4 charging stand.
DSC00108.jpg

DSC00928.jpg

Except for some sluggishness in the touch screen (which I'm slowly getting used to after months of using my iTouch, hard transition) it's seeming to be a pretty nice phone. I don't use phones for much mind you. Just calls...and text. Yea...

If anyone else has one, how can you adjust your pics to fit the screen? It's annoying the way it crops them. Probably due to them being from my previous phone which was an LG Chocolate.

B!TCH

how are you, B!TCH? How is your day going, B!ITCH?
Skittleguy said:

So dude, what's the book about?

A quick Google search tells me it's "Tales Inspired by Tori Amos." WTF? Will I like this even if I'm not a fan of her music? The art looks ace but Tori Amos... not so much.

Skittleguy

Ring a Bell for me
B!TCH said:
So dude, what's the book about?

A quick Google search tells me it's "Tales Inspired by Tori Amos." WTF? Will I like this even if I'm not a fan of her music? The art looks ace but Tori Amos... not so much.
Well I'm not a huge Tori Amos fan either, but it's basically little illustrated stories based on song titles or concepts (its not like the song themselves are illustrated). I mostly got it because I love compilation books, and it looked boss.

B!TCH

how are you, B!TCH? How is your day going, B!ITCH?
Skittleguy said:
Well I'm not a huge Tori Amos fan either, but it's basically little illustrated stories based on song titles or concepts (its not like the song themselves are illustrated). I mostly got it because I love compilation books, and it looked boss.

Heh, sounds like we're on the same page. I'll check it out, thanks!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Hive said:
hey, is Kino no Tabi a light novel?? Or graphic novel? thanks!!
It's a light novel - nice and light, easy to read ^^ Some nice chapter cover illustrations as well.

Someone already answered the Accent Core question, but yeah, I was pretty shocked too. I hadn't seen it anywhere, then POW, top shelf for a fiver. Real double-take moment!

I'm in Kauai right now on vacation, but I'll post a couple of things I picked up along the way while I was here on this awesome island.

2008aug1.JPG

Bought it at Costco in Kauai. I'm fucking loving this camera.

2008aug2.JPG

Some stuff at the local shop that was on sale. Can't resist the lazy bum hat. :D

2008aug3.JPG

Got this a couple days before my trip. <3 Gundam

2008aug4.JPG

Bought this on impulse from D2D, but I haven't really played this much on my downtime here.

2008aug5.JPG

I'd have to say this has been the best "pickup" this month for me so far. I'm fucking glowing because of it. :lol

Really awesome girl though. Sooooooooooooo cute. ^^

Linkzg said:
That controller on the left in the top picture, how is it? I was thinking about importing it and wondering if it was good or not. D-pad seems like the Nintendo cross shape and they sold one that was wireless, and the longer grips also look good.

It's surprisingly great! Yeah, the D-pad's more traditional and feels pretty solid. The longer handles are nice. Battery life seems impressive too, I'm only using cheap knock-off brand AA's, but I haven't had to replace them yet.

_dementia said:
Awesome haul DS.

Are you sure the SD card is legit?
Hehe, thanks. I bought the SDHC card separately so it's all good. Time to jump into bed though. Got a long ass day ahead of me before I head back to Cali later on tomorrow.

Azzurri

2789005795_31c087cf64.jpg

Antec P182 Case
P5Q Deluxe Intel P45 Motherboard
G. Skill 4gig DDR2 1066
Windows Vista Home Preium 64-bit
WD Caviar SE16 400gig HDD

Keeping my 8800GTX, other 3 HDD, CPU E6600 (will upgrade it very soon) Aslo my DvD drives, and sound cards.

B.K.

I picked up quite a bit of stuff when I was in California last week.

jauj4g.jpg

I know a lot of people say PSU is bad, but it was just $10. Almost any game is worth $10.

Goidil

immagine007mq97ov9.jpg

Not in the picture: Dinasty Warrior (Playstation), Capcom vs SNK 2 (Xbox), N2O (Playstation), Mother 2 (SNES) and Tokyo Bus Guide (Dreamcast)

Ignis

Now discovering the joys of rangefinder photography...
... I'm having a blast :)

ac_rd1.jpg

(currently mounted with Zeiss Biogon 35/2, not pictured)

Game pickups. Re-Bought a 360 recently. Couldn't be happier.
030.jpg

Some Games :)
040.jpg

041.jpg

XBLA(I fucking love XBLA)
037.jpg

036.jpg

035.jpg

034.jpg

038.jpg

031.jpg

*Braid* took down cause it had spoilers. Sorry's.

And XB Original
033.jpg

School pickups!
New Laptop!(Thank you Financial Aid) :)
027.jpg

School Supplies/Backpack.
028.jpg

.hacked

img_2771897.jpg

My launch X360 took a dump so I got a new 60gig (kept my 120gig hd). Man is this one quite and it seems to load faster than my old one.

img_2797487.jpg

img_27919579.jpg

pups got a check up at the vet :D

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
gregor7777 said:
Holy shit. That's one big fucking heat sink.

TRUE with two 65 CFM 120mmx38mm

When I was benching I'd run two 130 CFM Deltas on it, pretty loud.

aznpxdd said:
Having 3 fans like that actually hurts thermal performance. But it looks cool I guess.

Tell me why?

The spacing between the TRUE's fins is really small so you need pressure or some sort of flow to drag the air through it.

Xamdou said:
Where did you get that rack/table that contains your gaming systems?
Walmart. Got it for $70 bucks. Oh and it comes with a desk, the one with my laptop sitting on it...pretty decent for what I paid for.

Xamdou

InfectedZero said:
Walmart. Got it for $70 bucks. Oh and it comes with a desk, the one with my laptop sitting on it...pretty decent for what I paid for.

Ah no nearby Walmart were I live, but yeah that is a great deal for that + table. Btw that your HDTV a Vizio also like mine? ;O

Dave Long

Banned
neocollection.jpg

See World Heroes? All the games to the left of that arrived in August. Starting on the far left that's Neo Turf Masters (MVS to AES conversion), Robo Army, Art of Fighting 2, Samurai Shodown II, Crossed Swords, Ghost Pilots and King of Fighters '94.

Bought some Genesis stuff this month, too.

Infernal Monkey said:
It's surprisingly great! Yeah, the D-pad's more traditional and feels pretty solid. The longer handles are nice. Battery life seems impressive too, I'm only using cheap knock-off brand AA's, but I haven't had to replace them yet.

Cool, thanks. I had my eyes on them for a while, but never ordered because there were no solid impressions of them on the internet. I will probably order them soon.

Top Bottom