• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Proc

zedge said:
NIN live Blu ray. $18.99 at FS right now.

I got that on hd-dvd back when it seemed like the right thing to do lol. It's a pretty good show, Trent needs to lay off the juice a bit lol. The bonus summer sets are great watches as well. I'm seeing them in toronto this tuesday, can't wait.

New Samsung F480 Tocco, making this the last picture I take with my crappy old camera phone;

SP_A0342.jpg

...and this the first with the Tocco - Star Trek Starfleet Acadamy for the 32x, Anet Futabi for the MegaCD & the cart is GleyLancer for the Megadrive;

Photo0007.jpg

And finally, Shining Force CD;

Photo0009.jpg

JEKKI

B!TCH said:
Where did you get that hat?
I got it at this store called Attic in Buena Park (hence why all the stickers) but it's available on karmaloop.com also in other colors and sizes.

u can also check out triumvir's website, they made the hat and have an online store

Gagaman

This Weekend's Boot sale horde was a biggun.

148n5uq.jpg

33bdeso.jpg

v4zbzk.jpg

I wasn't aware they even made Earthworm Jim toys..

2v3sz7m.jpg

Probably the daftest things I bought.

nywfvn.jpg

Only things not from boot sale were the two Amiga CD32 games, which I got on Ebay. Someone in last months trend recommend Roadkill, so thanks to whoever that was.

Otheradam

Gagaman said:
This Weekend's Boot sale horde was a biggun.

Only things not from boot sale were the two Amiga CD32 games, which I got on Ebay. Someone in last months trend recommend Roadkill, so thanks to whoever that was.

Those sonic rainboots are AWESOME.

DarkAngelYuna said:
Why? It makes me feel better about myself and that I have a life compared to most of these people...

I know this post has been torn apart already, but I wanted to comment. I think it's great to see so many people able to hold onto their childhood joys well into their adult lives.

I tried as long as I could, but the interest is slowly fading. I still game as much as possible, but even that is starting to dry up- just like comic books, toys and anime have already.

So more power to the people who refuse to "grow up" :D

Alpha_eX

buy_aug08_1.jpg

Rhythm Tengoku, shame on all you losers who downloaded it, it's worth every penny.

buy_aug08_2.jpg

Nintendo DS Hori Game cases, 12 and 9 carts.

Amory

sw26 said:
I was kind of busy last month, so these are July pickups:

MegaMan2.jpg

Mega Man 2 on VC. I completed it the same afternoon I downloaded it, and that was the first time I've ever played it. Needless to say I enjoyed it. And continuing on the downloadable games theme:

KulaWorld.jpg

Kula World from the PSN store. Brilliant game, and I've been waiting to play it ever since I played the demo (back when it had the Japanese 'Kula Quest' name) about 10 years ago but I was put off by the £60+ Ebay prices due to its rarity. I couldn't say no for £3.49 though.

Edge.jpg

This month's Edge.

GersStrip.jpg

The new Rangers home kit (that's a football/soccer team for those who don't know). I like it, and hopefully we'll be able to improve on last year's successful season.

:D

i can't find mega man. guessing its not out in the states or something? i got all excited too...

Came in the mail today:
IMG_1320.jpg

Got this on ebay (can't seem to find this anywhere but online):
IMG_1299.jpg

*MGS Goodies - incoming pic spam*

First, here's my copy of Metal Gear Online:
IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

Slipcover Art:
IMG_1301.jpg

Instructional Manga:
IMG_1302.jpg

Behold, my GA-KO:
IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1306.jpg

IMG_1311.jpg

Out of the box:
IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

JEKKI

JEKKI about to shut the pick-up thread down AGAIN!!

I got the pickup of the minute!!

r u ready?!?!?! check it out!!!

21j0idw.jpg

yyyyyyyeay~!!! I got... the sheeyit!!

That lot cost me $9.99 even!!! which is 666 upside down...

but it's not like I'm making a pact with the devil or anything...

seriously... $9.99 aint shyt to JEKKI!

JEKKI stay fly! No lie! u kno it.... BALLIN~!!!!

I got something else cool too...

2qxudm9.jpg

cap rack!! Now I dont have all my hats on the floor anymore!!

ofvfo7.jpg

cvxfreak

168u26q.jpg

This is actually my July stuff, but I just moved back to the U.S. a few days ago, hence the delay.

PS2 - Biohazard 4 PlayStation 2 The Best w/out the OST - Japan (re-released on July 24 - before, there was an OST included, but now there isn't)
Wii - Biohazard The Umbrella Chronicles Wii Zapper Pack - rare Korean version! (bought this on a quick trip to Busan, South Korea)
Wii - Biohazard 0 - Japan

I have to take another RE collection pic soon...

Costanza

Banned
cvxfreak said:
168u26q.jpg

This is actually my July stuff, but I just moved back to the U.S. a few days ago, hence the delay.

PS2 - Biohazard 4 PlayStation 2 The Best w/out the OST - Japan (re-released on July 24 - before, there was an OST included, but now there isn't)
Wii - Biohazard The Umbrella Chronicles Wii Zapper Pack - rare Korean version! (bought this on a quick trip to Busan, South Korea)

Is the 0 port any good?

cvxfreak

Costanza said:
Is the 0 port any good?

It's good in the sense that it didn't get any worse at all, and became a one disc game with three control options.

It's bad in the sense that aside from the above mentioned, everything is EXACTLY the same...

Sagitario

cvxfreak said:
168u26q.jpg

Already? That was fast! :)
How was your journey?

Bootaaay said:
...and this the first with the Tocco - Star Trek Starfleet Acadamy for the 32x, Anet Futabi for the MegaCD & the cart is GleyLancer for the Megadrive;

Photo0007.jpg

And finally, Shining Force CD;

Photo0009.jpg

Awesome... Shining Force CD and Gleylancer are awesome of course, but Annet Again is pretty good too. Not great, and frustrating, but you do have infinite continues (you go back to the beginning of the level when you die), so keep trying and eventually you'll get through... even if the bosses are really annoying at times.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Auron_Kale said:
Picked these up today in San Jose.

IMG_1285.jpg

What exactly is the GL 2 disc set of?

evlcookie said:
Finally upgraded my PC (Box only) after so so many years.

AugustPickup.jpg

Not included is a 500gb hd and 2gb of ram. Totally fucking loving this, now all i need is money for games :/

CM 690 is a wondrous case, what CPU did you get?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Hazaro said:
CM 690 is a wondrous case, what CPU did you get?

E7200 - The el cheapo 45nm. It's all i could afford, after buying all of that stuff (except the case - Old man paid for that) i was left with $10 :lol

But compared to my previous system, its just jaw-droppingly awesome. So its good enough for now, thats for sure.

sw26

XCell9200 said:
i can't find mega man. guessing its not out in the states or something? i got all excited too...

Yeah as far as I know it's only up on the PAL VC at the moment, no idea why though (maybe it's something to do with us not getting Anniversary Collection or something).

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
evlcookie said:
E7200 - The el cheapo 45nm. It's all i could afford, after buying all of that stuff (except the case - Old man paid for that) i was left with $10 :lol

But compared to my previous system, its just jaw-droppingly awesome. So its good enough for now, thats for sure.

Hey hey, I've ran a E6600, E7200, E8400 all in my same rig and I can tell you the cache difference does shit for most everything.

Currently crusin at 3.8Ghz stable on 1.3V load on my E7200.

Pein said:
the gurren laggan dvds are sub only for now, but i like the dub

No you don't. Don't even joke like that :|

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Hazaro said:
Hey hey, I've ran a E6600, E7200, E8400 all in my same rig and I can tell you the cache difference does shit for most everything.

Currently crusin at 3.8Ghz stable on 1.3V load on my E7200.

Yea that's what im hoping to hit soon, what cooler are you using ?

untoldhero, ibu:

I ordered mine from play-asia (which is currently sold out), but I know that NCSX is also selling them, but are currently out of stock & are going to be restocking them soon.

Barrett2

Great month so far, and it's just begun!

I am having so much fun with SC4 and FF4 I have barely touched the PSN games; let alone the GBA games, which I haven't really played at all... they were impulse purchases, now I regret it ;(

2735219591_f47e31c6c6_o.jpg

2735222817_bafa8d49d7_o.jpg

2735222893_da76757005_o.jpg

pixeljunk-eden-logo.jpg

1942-joint-strike-logo.jpg

inner-G

Banned
Hay GAF am I a weeaboo yet?

Hella LttP on the DC, but I got a hella deal at a pawn shop and got Shenmue cheap (i think) $9.95?

DCFC0259.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
evlcookie said:
Yea that's what im hoping to hit soon, what cooler are you using ?
DSCF1424Large.jpg

:lol (Thermal Right Ultra Extreme 120 btw)

Still gets hot though, mine likes to dump heat.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200035

This one is pretty good for the money though, used it in a friend's build. I don't mind the pushpins.

And for some actual contribution, I got my PSP Slim in yesterday :)
Upgraded from a phat, and my goodness the memory makes a huge difference for internet use, also the it is so light it's scary.

DSCF1597Medium.jpg

DSCF1599Medium.jpg

Hitmeneer

What kind of CPU do you have? I have a E2160 (kinda low-end) with a Scythe Infinity and I only use the out-take fan. I can hardly believe that you need those 2 extra fans, although you say the cpu is hot. You are sure the cooler is connected correctly?

Btw got the same power supply and VGA cooler ^^ . They rock.

Damaged

Been another busy month so far

sxekxx.jpg

16ba350.jpg

5xn9c0.jpg

Got this and a few other new bits so i can finally get my bike back on the road
280jfnm.jpg

and now ive got it up and running I couldnt resist a little onboard video camera :lol
szztkp.jpg

Edit:

also just got 2 tickets for Rollins on his spoken word tour!!

2a6mjau.jpg

New convies, all ready dirty. D:
P8053551.jpg

Seasons 1 & 2 were on sale for $15 at BB so I couldn't resist getting all of them, with season 4 coming out soon and then season 5 premiere :D :
P8053552.jpg

And PSN games:
P8053556.jpg

P8053555.jpg

P8053553.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hitmeneer said:
What kind of CPU do you have? I have a E2160 (kinda low-end) with a Scythe Infinity and I only use the out-take fan. I can hardly believe that you need those 2 extra fans, although you say the cpu is hot. You are sure the cooler is connected correctly?

Btw got the same power supply and VGA cooler ^^ . They rock.

Like I said a E7200, the IHS is not soldered so the cores cannot transfer heat as well as say the E8400. Your E2160 also is not soldered, but runs much cooler as well. Keep in mind I am running a lot more voltage through it, the CPU could be lapped for a few extra degrees, but my chip is just a hot one.

Bliddo said:
I would turn the PSU uspide down. The fan of the corsair is sucking air, so if you turn it facing the top of th case, will suck the hot air from the gpu.

GPU loads at 48C, not much needed. Also feeding hot air to your PSU is not a good idea for longevity. Corsair (Seasonic) however is rated at 50C so it would be ok, but there's no need.

Top Bottom