• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Flek

Banned
MorisUkunRasik said:
have you checked out Oldboy or The Brotherhood of war? if not do yourself a favor and do so. Two of my favorite films, not two of my favorite foreign films, just two of my favorite movies period.

yeha i own both of them (oldboy even in the korean ultimate edition) - both are awesome movies

@topic

got me yet a nother asian movie

10n838p.jpg

ibu

Jabra 620s bluetooth Headphones - sync'd with my phone and my ipod courtesy of the little adaptor.

Another Blu-Ray.

m9lmbc.jpg

ibu

Cronen said:
I want one of the clocks. NOW! My friend checked on the site though, $80-90 worldwide shipping. Eurgh.

What you on about, its free worldwide shipping. I know this because I have it ordered next shipping date is 08 Septemer though :'(

Cronen

ibu said:
What you on about, its free worldwide shipping. I know this because I have it ordered next shipping date is 08 Septemer though :'(

That was for the first link posted on the previous page, just seen the YesAsia post. So tempting >_<

ibu

Cronen said:
That was for the first link posted on the previous page, just seen the YesAsia post. So tempting >_<

I would jump in ... its probably going to be limited.

Easy there... If you are in US or Canada, I would get it from YesAsia as you don't have to pay for shipping and the chance of paying for customs is 0%. I got one from NCSX and one from YesAsia. I paid $12 more from NCSX. Go figure. Both have great services so just go for the one that ships first.

Cronen said:
I want one of the clocks. NOW! My friend checked on the site though, $80-90 worldwide shipping. Eurgh.

nny

DSC03855.jpg

You know what? All games should come with some small bonus items like these two Saturn games (The Evangelion one has some cards and a mini audio cd and Wachenroder comes with a small art book and stickers):

DSC03857.jpg

nny

Urishizu said:
Shall I assume someone visited a Mandrake? I picked up a sealed FFVI SF there a few months ago for 200 yen.

No, I got it on an auction site, unfortunately (unfortunately because 1) I didn't travel to Japan and 2) I paid more than that :lol)

Bootaaay said:
Nice pick-up, Wachenroder is just perfect - srpg + steampunk = pure win.

Thanks; I already dusted the old Saturn but haven't tried it yet; I do hope it's as good as I read it is )

ibu

TaKeRx said:
Goddamn you Rock band/Guitar Hero(iPhone Pic)

*snip*

Fender Squire nice... introduction guitar im using an Ibanez SA-260 I got it last year its gorgeous.

TaKeRx

ibu said:
Fender Squire nice... introduction guitar im using an Ibanez SA-260 I got it last year its gorgeous.
Nice! I just started yesterday and I'm looking at a lot of youtube guitar vids for guidance.

Pein

Banned
Auron_Kale said:
Picked these up today in San Jose.

IMG_1285.jpg
Is your copy of gurren lagann working? code geass and gl were both fucked up and wouldn't play on any of my dvd players

anyway this is from the span of 2 weeks for me

24pw70k.jpg

felt like i needed some rpgs
Lost odyssey was $30 new and ffv was $5 used

2la4fhc.jpg

99jcw6.jpg

just bought ultimate ultimate alliance and the microsoft points are for bionic commando and geometry wars 2

Pein said:
Is your copy of gurren lagann working? code geass and gl were both fucked up and wouldn

99jcw6.jpg

just bought ultimate ultimate alliance and the microsoft points are for bionic commando and geometry wars 2

Shit just got real son!

august08d.jpg

I got Mikuru! ^_^

I also picked up a bunch of manga, mainly Sgt Frog.

I got a Skuld figure too, but I didn't open it because I'm a little disappointed with the quality. The copyright text is huge, and way too visible on the figure, and the paintjob isn't great. Are there any good AMG figures out there? And for the love of all that is holy, why are there no Slayers Revolution figures?!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Has anyone actually put batteries in and used their GA-KO clock!?

I put batteries in mine and the battery area got really hot and melted the bottom casing!!!

:(

:( :( :(

Now I'm not sure if it was a bad battery or it might be the product, just be warned and look out for anyone that tries it.

SaitoH

Been trying to find this locally for months. Today, unexpected success!

mgs293.jpg

Went to Toronto for the weekend and had to see:

evildead810.jpg

Yes, it was amazing and inspired me to buy my 4th DVD version of Evil Dead.

evildead2994.jpg

"Has anyone actually put batteries in and used their GA-KO clock!?

I put batteries in mine and the battery area got really hot and melted the bottom casing!!!

Now I'm not sure if it was a bad battery or it might be the product, just be warned and look out for anyone that tries it."

:( I hope they're not all like that. I was going to use that as my alarm clock.

ibu

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Has anyone actually put batteries in and used their GA-KO clock!?

Now I'm not sure if it was a bad battery or it might be the product, just be warned and look out for anyone that tries it."

:( I hope they're not all like that. I was going to use that as my alarm clock.

Me too if I have any problems... I will post them up. But no doubt will I be giving my impressions soon.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
That's the thing. Please let me know guys.

It has a compartment that can hold 3 batteries. 1 AA and 2 AAA.

I'm contemplating contacting Play-Asia about this, but I'd rather hear from other people's experiences first. It might have just been my batteries? ;(

What do you guys think?

---

More random pickups today...

My daughter saw this at the local store and wanted to get it (she's a big fan of Dragonball Z)...

2747609557_0e385d26a7.jpg

And yes... I did ask her to say, "It's over NINE THOUSAND!"

2747609659_133a20a792.jpg

Crows x Worst figure book. Comes with a Bouya Harumichi figure ^_^ ... and one of my favorite anime movies of all time... Tenchi Muyo in Love (1996). I saw the premiere of this movie way back in 1996. Good times.

Chorazin

Flek said:
yeha i own both of them (oldboy even in the korean ultimate edition) - both are awesome movies

@topic

got me yet a nother asian movie

10n838p.jpg

Oh man, thanks for posting this I had totally forgotten about it! Gotta get it ASAP!

dark_chris

MarkMan said:
My daughter saw this at the local store and wanted to get it (she's a big fan of Dragonball Z)...

2747609557_0e385d26a7.jpg

Thats freaking cute and funny as hell. :lol :lol

What have I done?!

So I taught my cousin how to play Magic using the free decks from Comic Con...

The next day, he buys a couple decks and protector sleeves, and the day after that, a couple counters and an Eventide Starter Box:

2748255127_993a91c83d_o.jpg

And now another day after that, today, a couple more decks:

2749090908_62845e6187_o.jpg

Haha, yea. Couldn't left him hanging, so half of those are mine.

2749090962_979e8bdd18_o.jpg

Also picked up a couple books from Book Off for myself.

nny

permutated said:
I hate you as much as I want to be you.

No, hate is bad; redirect that energy and look around ebay: there are usually some around, and not for much money )

Urishizu

MaizeRage25 said:
New TV, going to be retiring my old 26" Samsung to the bedroom.

2747843817_5b62621ce1.jpg

I just picked up the 32 incher in that line, and I love the little guy. If I had a camera I'd get a picture of our TV's doing an explosive high five.

ibu

MarkMan said:
That's the thing. Please let me know guys.

It has a compartment that can hold 3 batteries. 1 AA and 2 AAA.

I'm contemplating contacting Play-Asia about this, but I'd rather hear from other people's experiences first. It might have just been my batteries? ;(

What do you guys think?

---

More random pickups today...

*pic*

*pic*

Crows x Worst figure book. Comes with a Bouya Harumichi figure ^_^ ... and one of my favorite anime movies of all time... Tenchi Muyo in Love (1996). I saw the premiere of this movie way back in 1996. Good times.

I would still contact them anyway and see what their stance is on the matter... what brand of batteries did you use?

Nice Dragonball Z pickup, im amped for that after seeing the DS trailer.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Here's some stuff I got over the past few weeks. Found some smaller trading figures at Nakano Broadway, but they're all boxed up since I moved a week or so ago. Found the American movies and games in Hawaii; first time back in the U.S. in two years!

2748886543_3987991e52.jpg

iPhone from Softbank, white version. Love it, but it lacks some features from my previous phone, no texting to other carriers (you can do mail) sucks, and the camera is crap compared to my THREE YEAR OLD previous phone's 5.0 megapixel camera, but the postives outweigh the negatives.

2749693960_867a634cc3.jpg

Double-dipped on the fighters. I like Soul Calibur 4 a bit better on the 360 and SS better on the Wii. The Wii version is 480p and has some nice flitering; PS2 is 480i only, no filtering. SS Tenka also loads faster than the PS2 version does.

2749693946_4d3fe3a35e.jpg

Some movies I picked up. Been wanting to see Clerks II on DVD for so long; wanted to hear the commentary track! I had no idea Jay And Silent Bob was on Blu-Ray so I snatched that up. Disappointing that it lacks all the bonus features of the DVD version though. And Aika, well...have the original series, figured what the hell.

2749693966_bc47bcb6da.jpg

Arcadia's 100th issue with bonus DVD! Plus some comics. Arcana Heart is drawn by the guy behind Tatakae Tarantula (sp?), which was a fun fighting manga, so it's a good fit.

2749693950_2597e3087a.jpg

Long-overdue Yotsuba To! figures. I never bought Yotsuba because I wanted the Fuuka one with it but could never find it anywhere. It got re-released alongside another version of Yotsuba, but I got the original version instead.

2727191730_53ea86bc0c.jpg

Capcom Maniax R. Mika figure. Found it on Amazon Japan for 3500 yen, not bad!

2749693956_5c4da8641e.jpg

Some Otomedius figures. Missing the blue-haired girl.

Top Bottom