• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Bootaaay said:
Two Worlds gets too much hate imo, yeah it was a buggy piece of shit, but to me it felt just like a 3d version of the Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance games with a bit of free-roaming thrown in, combat really wasn't too bad, plus there were some good quests in between the standard RPG quest-types and the gameworld was varied and interesting, at least more so than Oblivion imo. To call it terrible is a bit of a stretch, it's decidedly average for sure, but it has some redeeming qualities and certainly provided me with a good 20 hours of entertaining gameplay :p

You're kinda contradicting yourself here....
It's a buggy POS and that's been the general consensus since it came out and went directly to the bargin bin. Especially when you can get Oblivion for pretty much the same price now.

It's self-torture. But to each their own.

AllGamer

Bang%20Blood.jpg

Echoes

Manp said:

my first stick :)
Grats! I got my first stick back when VF5 launched (DOA4 Hori stick) and I'm insanely in love with it. I just wish I know how to mod one :( I want one with Ryu in it.

ps2-get.jpg

sf3-smtds-get.jpg

SMT Devil Summoner (I'm lovin' it. I may post a LTTP thread but... dunno)
Spectral Force 3 (shitty shit is shitty. I paused SMT DS to play it, laughed at everything and throw it right away in my garbage can, then continued with SMT DS. Idea Factory is the worst dev I have ever seen)

After SMT DS I'm gonna try Persona 3. I'm fucking hyped for it.

Echoes said:
Spectral Force 3 (shitty shit is shitty. I paused SMT DS to play it, laughed at everything and throw it right away in my garbage can, then continued with SMT DS. Idea Factory is the worst dev I have ever seen)

I was going to ask how Spectral Force 3 was, considering the reviews were horrible. Maybe Operation Darkness is a better bang for my buck?

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Bootaaay said:
Two Worlds gets too much hate imo, yeah it was a buggy piece of shit, but to me it felt just like a 3d version of the Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance games with a bit of free-roaming thrown in, combat really wasn't too bad, plus there were some good quests in between the standard RPG quest-types and the gameworld was varied and interesting, at least more so than Oblivion imo. To call it terrible is a bit of a stretch, it's decidedly average for sure, but it has some redeeming qualities and certainly provided me with a good 20 hours of entertaining gameplay :p

I believe this vid was done by a gaffer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr4UdqjDihI&feature=related

That was enough for me to never even consider buying it. People laugh at Too Human's animation, but this game has the worst animation I've seen since the PS1.

Manp

Echoes said:
Grats! I got my first stick back when VF5 launched (DOA4 Hori stick) and I'm insanely in love with it. I just wish I know how to mod one :( I want one with Ryu in it.

heh... i quite suck playing with the stick. hope it's just that i still have to get used to it :lol

:)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Waikis said:
Where do you get the second pair of the wire clips for Ultra 120 from?

Bought second hand, came with it. You can also use rubberbands if you want.

evlcookie said:
What's the temp under load with the ultra and push/pull fans ?

Terrible :/

41C idle and 69C load with OTHROS Small FTT.

Too lazy to care atm though since it's running stable.

E8400 in same configuration was at 31C idle and 55C load, so I think it's just my chip. TRUE is mounted pretty solid.

Also I have a new monitor coming in today :D

Netto-kun

SSL20967.jpg

SSL20969.jpg

SSL20970.jpg

Got both games for pretty cheap. But I didn't notice that I only recieved the box and manuals for my Metroid Fusion until I got home. So I have to go back to Game on Monday and ask for it.:lol

Amir0x

Banned
Haven't gone overboard like I typically do, so here's a few relevant purchases:

OtherAugustPurchases.jpg

And as part of my monthly WORST GAME PURCHASES feature which includes this horror, this abomination (lol shrink wrap) and dear lord why SEGA why, I will add another atrocious game to the list:

MurkySwampOfFFTA2Doom.jpg

A game so bad it crawled right the fuck out of the swamps of hell.

This title is awful in so many ways, but let me count them for you. The removal of permanent death removes any relevant risk-reward strategizing as brute forcing through battle has very little long standing repercussions. The ongoing pussyfication of this genre may work for those who despise challenges, but this game is so fucking easy - even on the given HARD mode - that you'd have to literally be a first time SRPG player to even stumble on a single battle. The game has so many classes and races now that its upped the percentage of useless classes from 15% of the typical SRPG to 40%+, and the balance is so broken I can't even begin to describe how awfully designed it is. Add on top the still fuck retarded skills-on-items system, and one of the worst SRPG storylines of all gaming history and you've got a game that lives up to its awful predecessor FFTA in every conceivable way.

To be positive for a moment, however, the game features gorgeous 2D visuals and the music is pretty rad.

MrFortyFive

ds.jpg

n64.jpg

ps2.jpg

retro.jpg

xbox1.jpg

xbox2.jpg

Excuse the crappy phone quality. I took advantage of the buy 2 xbox games get one free deal at Gamestop. Brute Force and Stubbs are a lot of fun while Grabbed by the Ghoulies is meh at best. Found some good retro games at my local play n trade. Blast Corps and Secret of Mana have been eating my time. Orcs and Elves is one of the best $10 I've spent in a while. It's not exactly deep but I'm really enjoying it.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
These go back quite a ways, as I've been QUITE busy and have only just now found time to separate out the pictures. Anyway, starting sometime around early July, I picked up an emergency room bill for my wife, who had a few blood clots. No pictures of the bill, but I spotted these at the hospital -
2i95ypv.jpg

Fall risk poster with picture ripped straight out of the Myst logo.
j9yfjr.jpg

Big painting in the lobby that is obviously a Pokeball.

This was bad timing for a hospital stay/recovery, as a week later, we were moving into our first home!

vhq88w.jpg

Living Room

dmfu42.jpg

Kitchen

Somewhere in between, there was a 25% off used games coupon at Gamestop, and I loaded up on stuff for my PS3 (bought MGS4 console on June 12th, owned nothing except MGS4 until this sale) -

wqown7.jpg

Still going through MGS4, though, so I haven't tried any yet.

The moment I moved my huge ass 20" CRT over to the new house, I set it down on my desk and said "FUCK this thing, I'm getting an LCD!"

68roet.jpg

Sony 2253BW, on sale at Fry's at the time.

I then, of course, needed a new vid card to handle the awesome new resolution of my monitor, plus a few other goodies that were on sale -

2hgza4g.jpg

The 4850 has been running great, this is the 5th time I've bought Diablo II (will learn to stop selling it SOMEday :D), and Warhawk + headset was bought at Warhawk without headset greatest hits price.

A few other odds and ends -

2nipu0.jpg

Long cabled GC controllers + white DS3, from Play-Asia.

1zgchva.jpg

Finished Lonely Werewolf Girl already (it was pretty good), haven't started Audacity of Hope yet.

zui1d5.jpg

Just got these on clearance at Circuit City today, $16.96 each.

Think I'll get Siren soon, but other than that it's break time on pickups for me for a while.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Yes Boss! said:
Re-bought Digidrive since I regret selling it. Two Smile Slimes that are super cute.

slime.jpg
you just made me buy a pack of those slimes, thanks.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
DSCF1601Medium.jpg

Picked up a Chimei 22" LCD from Newegg. $180 shipped (But I live in CA so it was $203:lol )
Still a great deal imo. Esp since it has HDCP and can take HDMI, VGA, Composite, S-Video, and Component :D

Moved my old CRT out of the way and now am running LCD + CRT.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
DiddyBop said:
at first i was like,damn,you got a shit ton of stuff,but then they were easily justified in your explanations. congrats on the new home,looks great.
Yeah, pretty much everything there was not only on sale/clearance (even the books were bought at Half Price Books) but the cost was further dropped by selling old stuff (such as old monitors/video cards). Even the games, though there are a lot of them, are COMPLETELY financed by selling old games. Over the last two months or so I've been selling old games I won't play anymore or stuff out of the backlog that I never touched.

I'm planning on all my game purchases through the end of the year being bought solely from an account I'm keeping of stuff I'm selling on ebay. Working out what is left to come out this year versus how much money I have and can generate is like a game all by itself. :D

And fortunately, our insurance is good and it was a covered hospital so the emergency room + 5 night inpatient stay is only going to cost us a few hundred bucks. Plus, the new house is only 3 or 4 miles from a train station, and going from my previous long-ass commute to that will save me $1500 to $2000 a year in gas (though the increase from old rent to new mortgage pretty much eats that up). So, while it seems like all these big dollar things I've been getting lately would prevent me from buying any games or anything for a while, I'm actually pretty much breaking even overall.

Syntek

augustpickuprf1.jpg
[/URL]
New Figma figures, Sennheiser HD555, couple PS3 games. Most of it is a backlog of stuff from June and July.

Flek said:
i just picked up some asian movies, i didnt buy any in a while so yeha :D

2r2lys2.jpg

have you checked out Oldboy or The Brotherhood of war? if not do yourself a favor and do so. Two of my favorite films, not two of my favorite foreign films, just two of my favorite movies period.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Some last minute pickups before I head out to Vegas...

Brand new in box Namco Arcade Stick (1997). Box is beat up but the stick is fresh, new car smell goodness. Bought it off a coworker for $20! IMO, this is the best arcade stick that doesn't use authentic arcade parts!

2745057374_49a7b85ecd.jpg

2745057440_8370a37aa2.jpg

September 2008 Arcadia Magazine + Bonus DVD
2744220479_34c9e684ca.jpg

JEKKI

yoyo back with more pickups for yo ass!!!

I saw this thing at the store the other day... it was crazy!!! had to get it!!

idi23r.jpg

u see... I'm trying to teach myself how to do a Yoga Flame... like in real life.

and then I was at target and saw that and thought hmmm... I bet Dhalsim used that to train.

so hopefully once I figure out how to use that magic carpet or whatever I'll be steps closer to Yoga Flamin the shyt!!

I also heard fighting gamers hate fatties, and I needa maintain me a flat stomach to score hot girls like Izuna the Unemployed Ninja.

sheeyit... I gotta job for Izuna rite here yo... kno what I'm sayin?!?!?!

neojubei said:
aw man... I'm seriously staring at my screen now wondering if that is something I really want.

I think... yes... I do want it! goodbye monies!! At least I can say I yoga flamed my funds

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
JEKKI said:
yoyo back with more pickups for yo ass!!!

I saw this thing at the store the other day... it was crazy!!! had to get it!!

idi23r.jpg

u see... I'm trying to teach myself how to do a Yoga Flame... like in real life.

and then I was at target and saw that and thought hmmm... I bet Dhalsim used that to train.

so hopefully once I figure out how to use that magic carpet or whatever I'll be steps closer to Yoga Flamin the shyt!!

I also heard fighting gamers hate fatties, and I needa maintain me a flat stomach to score hot girls like Izuna the Unemployed Ninja.

sheeyit... I gotta job for Izuna rite here yo... kno what I'm sayin?!?!?!

aw man... I'm seriously staring at my screen now wondering if that is something I really want.

I think... yes... I do want it! goodbye monies!! At least I can say I yoga flamed my funds

:lol

Hopefully motherboard comes in tomorrow, then a spreadshot of all components :D

Top Bottom