• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DEC. 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Favorite Gaming Goods + More!

oblo

42Goq6F.png

I've gotten tons, literally tons of stuff this month....
MarkMan....this better be in the 2014 Pickup Banner.....I had to schlep 40 miles to get them
kdaGxmFl.jpg

worth it!

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
I've done a small amount of Saturday morning shopping like usual:

I got all these for 30% off their prices. I hear Crackdown is pretty good. I'm not really working on a 360 collection, but I get a game when I feel it's the right price.

I could always use an extra 360 controller for cheap. I have a bunch of Sega Genesis's, but this one is my first non-TMSS Genesis. I've confirmed there's no licensed by Sega logo on startup.

These episodes are great with their commentary. I already had Ninja Gaiden NES, but that's just the way game chasing go.

HardRojo

Excuse the crappy Vita picture, I had no other camera at hand today, no cell phone but plan on getting one soon so yeah.
Finally got Tearaway, P4G too and the LE of Kingdom Hearts 1.5, I gotta say though I don't really like the way they handled the LE for this game, the artwork as the case looks horrible and I'm afraid of getting the disc out of it because the plastic they used is a bit tough and seems like it could break my disc if I try too hard to pull it out :/

FdeXs7i.jpg

My Vita is ready!

1512366_10152762453994057_1268649423_n.jpg

Found a local retro shop with great people and pretty good prices. Not bad for $30 and they give great trade in credit:

Some more games from ebay and Okamiden from xmas:

And finally my mom hooked me up with a signed photo of Sung Kang of my favorite movie, Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift

Finally another big gift, Back to the Future Legos:

BrettWeir

New Build!!
i5-4670k
Asus Gryphon Z87 mATX
Silverstone Sugo SG10 micro ATX Case
16 Gig DDR3 1866 mhz Patriot Viper RAM
PNY 240 Gig SSD (OS)
Seagate Barracuda 3 TB 7200 RPM HDD
Thermaltake 700 watt modular PSU
XFX r9 280x Video Card
Win7 Pro 64 bit

ibl0pj3d3sikhS.jpg

kizito

As said earlier, Santa have been really nice to me this year.
I expected the Playstation Plus, bot not the other gifts.
1388279943-img-3016.jpg

So, the Iphone 5S was totally unexpected ! I had an iphone 4S before, but since I received that 5S, I offered the 4S to my mother. The 5S has an incredible premium feel, so I really do like it. Not much of a change coming from an 4S, but the bigger screen, better autonomy and more precise GPS do make the difference.

And finally, a CD, BOOBA - Futur 2.0, one of the best albums of this year, and the only one I lacked in his collection. The guy is like the best rapper in French, so I'm really happy.

Oh, and I forgot, a few Vita games also, bot on demat' : Wipeout 2048, Lone Survivor, etc... Pretty happy with those good games for my dear Vita.

Some say an Asus T100 might arrive soon...

JEKKI

whooo~!!! I gotta good deal!!

92fc99ca704811e3bbf2124ec852876f_7.jpg

20% off eshop cards, spent ~$340 on that + the system after taxes.

then they gave me a $25 gift card for buying the wii and a $15 for spending over $100,

then they gave me Just Dance for free which I traded into customer service for an additional $20 card!

gonna spend my $60 on a Pro Controller and Wonderful 101!

in the meantime I'ma play Earfbound!

wilflare

whooo~!!! I gotta good deal!!

92fc99ca704811e3bbf2124ec852876f_7.jpg

20% off eshop cards, spent ~$340 on that + the system after taxes.

then they gave me a $25 gift card for buying the wii and a $15 for spending over $100,

then they gave me Just Dance for free which I traded into customer service for an additional $20 card!

gonna spend my $60 on a Pro Controller and Wonderful 101!

in the meantime I'ma play Earfbound!

man how I hope I could jump on that eShop deal myself.

awesome purchase you'll love the system

I was losing hope in finding good condition pre PS2 retro Sega goods at my local Hard-Offs. They've pretty much liquidated all their stock for anything Sega based which is a shame. But I got a pretty decent haul this weekend.

I ended up picking up:
Hello Kitty Dreamcast
Skeleton Black Sega Saturn
Mint condition 360 wireless controller
Deep Fear
Wipeout
Tomb Raider
Samba De Amigo 2000
360 media remote not pictured

Since they were all in the "junk" bin, I paid 100yen for each game in complete order, 200 for the Saturn, 300 for the HK Dreamcast, and 500 for the controller.

I think I'll keep the HK Dreamcast as my wife is a huge HK fan and I kind of dig the way it looks next to my skeleton Saturn.

This is my second skeleton Saturn I've bought as junk so I may end up flipping it as I also have an extra Skelton controller I picked up years ago. The controller and systems were super clean and in perfect working order despite each of them with a note on them saying faulty, doesn't play games, etc. Lucky !

If you want good pickups in Japan this is The time as many people are doing new years cleaning and tossing tons of goodies out.

Bond007

I've gotten tons, literally tons of stuff this month....
MarkMan....this better be in the 2014 Pickup Banner.....I had to schlep 40 miles to get them
kdaGxmFl.jpg

worth it!

Damn you! I failed on these :\
Atleast i came out with the Gamma XIs.....but still!! Congrats

BAM! 2014 528i was going to look at the Audi A6 and the Lexus IS350 ... went to BMW first as I always favored the 5 series. Couldn't help it and the sales guy gave the best experience in a dealership.

Photos taken with an iPhone 5S. My wife's Lexus IS250 is also pictured.

6fxaUfm.jpg

mEzPc6n.jpg

WE4TXL2.jpg

6jMxE7M.jpg

-PXG-

BAM! 2014 528i was going to look at the Audi A6 and the Lexus IS350 ... went to BMW first as I always favored the 5 series. Couldn't help it and the sales guy gave the best experience in a dealership.

6fxaUfm.jpg

mEzPc6n.jpg

WE4TXL2.jpg

6jMxE7M.jpg

What do you do for a living?

IrishNinja

I was losing hope in finding good condition pre PS2 retro Sega goods at my local Hard-Offs. They've pretty much liquidated all their stock for anything Sega based which is a shame. But I got a pretty decent haul this weekend.

I ended up picking up:
Hello Kitty Dreamcast
Skeleton Black Sega Saturn
Mint condition 360 wireless controller
Deep Fear
Wipeout
Tomb Raider
Samba De Amigo 2000
360 media remote not pictured

goddamn, good haul man! that skelly Saturn is gorgeous, and I keep hearing awesome things about Deep Fear, great prices too. congrats!

HUELEN10

Posted the gaming stuff, here's the non-gaming stuff.
Finally got a chance to do something I've wanted for a long time. I was lucky that the tour was nearby, it was an awesome night. Mr. Beagle was awesome, and he gave every single person one-on-one time with him to talk and ask questions. They even gave away frames from one of the original reels (Got a frame of this, but it's impossible to photograph). Peter, along with the people hosting, said that everyone thinks they are one of only a few fans, but every single showing gets packed; I know mine was full!

Damn you! I failed on these :\
Atleast i came out with the Gamma XIs.....but still!! Congrats

LOL thanks...I had two pairs of gammas....not really into them, let both go and these were only won using an RSVP service....

All I want for 2014 are the concord lows....then JB can go screw themselves with these ridiculous ways of doing business....

6fxaUfm.jpg

Amazing model....I've been driving BMW's since I was 18....but I gotta say, the 2014/2015 IS is looking amazing.....those LED's and body curves...lol

I can imagine the deal you must have gotten.....going the last week in December, is where the deals are to be had if you know how to negotiate! :)

Motor on!

Sagitario

Posted the gaming stuff, here's the non-gaming stuff.

Finally got a chance to do something I've wanted for a long time. I was lucky that the tour was nearby, it was an awesome night. Mr. Beagle was awesome, and he gave every single person one-on-one time with him to talk and ask questions. They even gave away frames from one of the original reels (Got a frame of this, but it's impossible to photograph). Peter, along with the people hosting, said that everyone thinks they are one of only a few fans, but every single showing gets packed; I know mine was full!

dsc00865mks8v.png

High five! I ❤ The Last Unicorn.
I wish I could get Beagle's signature.

Some purchases and a belated Christmas present from my friend.

First is the present. Pusheen book, Pusheen notepad & a PSN card:
9988ef790402ae5ab48cc5d488f5b514_zps91fb7dcf.jpg

Next is my Club Nintendo prize:
9d1b9d886e73979fb729f5b129f3a26b_zps3cf4c82c.jpg

Third is the CE version of LoZ: ALBW strategy guide. It was on sale at Best Buy for even cheaper than Amazon, which was about $17.49, so I'm pretty happy.
2ff54039b034d5377b9042257d960de7_zpse000df8f.jpg

Finally, rather than getting any of the recent Nike drops, I opted to get these SB Dunks instead:
b425043a848c20a0e6045884c45657d3_zps56befa60.jpg

entremet

Gensis: Captain America and the Avengers, Virtual Bart
bartandtheavengers_zps8fb0fd14.jpg

NES: Burai Fighter, Gilliga's Island
buraiisland_zps4394709e.jpg

You must have the biggest physical backlog on GAF lol.

I enjoy seeing your retro pickups, btw.

I always flirt with it, but seems pricey. Current gen is pricey as is!

Xamdou

New Build!!
i5-4670k
Asus Gryphon Z87 mATX
Silverstone Sugo SG10 micro ATX Case
16 Gig DDR3 1866 mhz Patriot Viper RAM
PNY 240 Gig SSD (OS)
Seagate Barracuda 3 TB 7200 RPM HDD
Thermaltake 700 watt modular PSU
XFX r9 280x Video Card
Win7 Pro 64 bit

ibl0pj3d3sikhS.jpg

How much did all that cost you?

Bond007

LOL thanks...I had two pairs of gammas....not really into them, let both go and these were only won using an RSVP service....

All I want for 2014 are the concord lows....then JB can go screw themselves with these ridiculous ways of doing business....

Yea im pretty fed up with the current state of the game atm. Every single release is an overhyped fiasco. Tough shoes to get when i was younger and about 20x harder today.
Gonna skip the Concord lows since i got the mids two years ago anyway.

2014 as of now looks pretty weak to me. Praying for some wht/blk IXs and some indiglo XIVs. Debating the Xs in a few weeks too since i slept on all Xs this year. hmm

ShadyJ

Thanks for your support!

Mark I've got to tell you man this stick is the best I've ever held, I paid alot in Australia but man was it worth it!!

And dat KI, I'm loving it.

I'm not even an xbox user but decided to make it home for my fighters.

Top Bottom