• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DEC. 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Favorite Gaming Goods + More!

Tabris

I got the most baller fan ever as a christmas gift!

3goo4ND.jpg

It's a fun game. Me and my friends played it a lot whenever we had game nights. My strategy was always to try to get as much buying power as I could and get good weapons. But it's also best to try to get cards that allow you to trash cards you don't really need so you can shrink the deck and get more chances of a good hand. Some of the characters have very good advantages. I freak'n hate one of the Jills that is impervious to explosions...one of my friends used her once and just kept lobbing grenades, hitting all of us and not giving a crap. =l
Yeah, man, I finally got to play with other people tonight, and they enjoyed it as much as me. We played Mercenary Mode because it seemed like the most fast-paced way to play, and I wanted them to like it as fast as possible. It took a lot of patience, but they eventually got the hang of it and they wanted to play again right after we finished the first game.

Now they want me to bring it over when we celebrate New Year's. I'd call that a success!

I actually played Mercenary Mode by myself so I would be able to help them out and be the "experienced" one, and I was surprised by how much fun I had playing solo :p I'm looking forward to the other sets that add different ways to play. I'm really, really curious about the "Outbreak" set.

I am now in the process of re-buying my 360 games. I feel like an idiot because I always sell games because I feel I don't need them. Then years later I end up buying them all again.

I have owned Bayonetta about 10 times across 360 and PS3. Learned my lesson now and have a copy for each system. Similar deal with the various iterations of Street Fighter IV too.

Pengew

Don't EVER sell Crackdown again!

Oh, I won't. I have learned my lesson. I honestly have no clue what I was thinking when I sold it. It was, and still is my favorite 360 exclusive. Now to buy Crackdown 2....again.

I have owned Bayonetta about 10 times across 360 and PS3. Learned my lesson now and have a copy for each system. Similar deal with the various iterations of Street Fighter IV too.

Luckily I didn't have Bayonetta on 360 last time. I only had the PS3 version but I sold that one as well. Bayonetta might be one of the few games worth owning 10 times. :)

thenexus6

Had no idea From Up On Poppy Hill is already out there on bu, that's awesome.

Got this with the XBL sales. I already bought the first episode last week so I didn't got that for free, but this is a nice discount on the rest still.

Been out for a while in UK, not sure about anywhere else

Taker34

Banned
Holy crap!

I honestly cannot believe how much Play Arts cost. 8 or so years ago I bought an Advent Children Sephiroth and it was so much better quality than the new Kai range.

They're about £80 in the UK to buy as it is.

Yeah but I can decide between Play Arts or those bad looking and cheap DC ones... but you're right. The quality even differs within the Mass Effect series (humans look like crap compared to aliens). Unfortunately the most crappy Play Arts figures are often the best you can get.

Got these the other day:

-Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS)
-Pokémon X (3DS)
-The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC, Steam)

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim crashes a lot randomly without warning, and it's annoying. But when it works, it's pretty cool.

Anyway, here's my Christmas haul:

-BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (PlayStation 3)
-Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition (Xbox 360)
-Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (PlayStation 3)
-Max Payne 3 (Xbox 360)

My brother got me the wrong version of BlazBlue...oh, well. :/

cj_iwakura

Got these the other day:

-Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS)
-Pokémon X (3DS)
-The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC, Steam)

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim crashes a lot randomly without warning, and it's annoying. But when it works, it's pretty cool.

Anyway, here's my Christmas haul:

-BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (PlayStation 3)
-Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition (Xbox 360)
-Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (PlayStation 3)
-Max Payne 3 (Xbox 360)

My brother got me the wrong version of BlazBlue...oh, well. :/

For what it's worth, I still have that version if you want matches.

For what it's worth, I still have that version if you want matches.

If I can get my PlayStation 3 and router to be friendly with each other again, then sure! I'm down for that.

Edit: I plan to exchange it for Extend to tomorrow, though, so if you want to play it, it'll have to be before tomorrow afternoon. Do you happen to have Extend, as well?

Gangxxter

Christkind was very generous this year!

Logitech G510s Gaming Keyboard
dsc01706_sdpfb4.jpg

Finally a decent gaming keyboard, yay! And it looks sooo beautiful!

Nightwish - Showtime, Storytime (Live Blu-Ray)
dsc01709_ssbfo3.jpg

Full package, incl. 2 hour documentary about the band. Can't wait to watch it!

But the most amazing Christmas gift I've received in years is this:

Harry Potter Wizard's Collection
dsc01710_s8ze71.jpg
dsc01718_smii91.jpg
dsc01713_ss9c2i.jpg

Wow, that is SO COOL! All Harry Potter films on Blu-Ray and DVD, all special features ever released, extensive 8 part documentary about the production and much, much more in an awesome chest. I love it!

Andrew J.

Christmas haul!

Super Mario 3D World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and Pacific Rim Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack.

My dad got a new watch, and he decided to pass down his old one on to me:

A rain jacket.

Two (2) $50 Regal Cinemas gift cards, a 2014 M.C. Escher wall calendar, a Reese's Peanut Butter Snowman, a giant Hershey's Kiss, and a copy of the book Great World Trials.

And finally...a pizza...?

Yeah, a chocolate pizza!

cj_iwakura

If I can get my PlayStation 3 and router to be friendly with each other again, then sure! I'm down for that.

Edit: I plan to exchange it for Extend to tomorrow, though, so if you want to play it, it'll have to be before tomorrow afternoon. Do you happen to have Extend, as well?

Yep, I have all four.

Linius

Christmas haul, damn happy about it.

For the non Dutchies (most of you), DirkJan is probably what you call a gagstrip in English. Three images that always end with a joke.

The beerglass on the left is filled with winegums to pose as beer and some marshmallows for foam :p

Laieon

It was a great Christmas! Might be the last one I spend with my family until at least Christmas 2015, not sure if I'll be here to celebrate it with them next year.

• Logitech z623
  • Logitech G600
  • Harry Potter Complete Collection (I have all them in their original hardcovers, but I wanted the paperback new cover versions as well).
  • Battle Royale Complete BluRay Collection
  • Valkyria Chronicles
  • Konglish - The ultimate survival guide for teaching English in South Korea
  • 2 Boxes of Count Chocula (My favorite cereal)
  • 2 Boxes of Count Chocula bars.
  • Majora's Mask Soundtrack (Wasn't a Christmas Present, but it showed up yesterday so I figured I'd post it).

q3B196K.jpg

Edit: Oh, also got Ducktales for Wii U. Forgot to put it in the picture though.

That's just the gaming related stuff, minus the Zelda shirt I'm wearing!

Taken with an NEX-5N and a 40 year old Minolta MC Rokkor PG 50mm f1.4 lens (1/40 shutter, ISO 400, f2). I don't know why I shot this on a tripod at midnight in my living room.

#CHRISTMAS

MG310

DC Bombshells Harley Quinn statue (Poison Ivy is on the way - plus they sell them at Gamestop.com so I could use trade credit)

Mattel Batman 66 Batman/Robin 2 pack and Catwoman - they were ridiculously cheap at Amazon for a few days, Riddler and Joker are still hovering around 5 dollars.

Play Arts Kai Poison Ivy and Dark Knight Returns Batman figures
Art of Remember Me
Art of Sean Phillips
Sequential Art of Amanda Conner
Elektra: Assassin
Harley Quinn: Preludes and Knock Knock Jokes
Batman Arkham Origins Collector's Edition (it was 60 on ebay through Buy.com earlier this month)
Puppeteer
Wii Fit U Fit Meter
Daredevil Born Again Artist's Edition (with a regular sized comic for scale)

Yes Boss!

Family does not celebrate christmas. But I did get this PVM last month and hooked it up today. I'm a big Mini and HDTV fan, and prefer that route, but this is another CRT option, in the wings for when I want a tube option.

ADFE9F2B-AA98-4666-8D92-1596DFACF864.jpg

8497392A-24CB-4381-BF62-F6563B1637C9.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Finally took some pictures...

SZ 12 WMN(SZ 10.5 MEN) Premium AM1 Liquid Metal Silver with the ultra limited Platinum Capcom Cup Tournament Edition 2 Arcade Stick from Mad Catz X Capcom.

I call this the KICKS X STICKS movement. ;) Don't mind me. I just like arcade sticks a lot...

White Boxes...

11557762825_04a5641b52_c.jpg

Shining and gleamin' ...

11557786084_f3a0b99143_c.jpg

11557753425_e657f551d1_c.jpg

... and these like everyone else the past weekend...

11557878496_8c06413a1b_c.jpg

thenexus6

Thanks to The_Monk's awesome fiancee, I got a set of bracelets for myself and my wife!

I got a few other things for Christmas, but I still have to take more pictures.

And that's my haul for this year. Not pictured is the "Good Grief" Peanuts t-shirt, and a $100 Amazon gift card from my folks. Merry Christmas!

Awesome stuff, I would like to get those Peanuts books eventually

Top Bottom