• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DEC. 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Favorite Gaming Goods + More!

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
You must have the biggest physical backlog on GAF lol.

I enjoy seeing your retro pickups, btw.

I always flirt with it, but seems pricey. Current gen is pricey as is!

you have to be in the fuck it mindset and just go for it but if you have big monetary responsibility id suggest against it because it will be very draining on your wallet although you could still go for a small library instead of everything like im doing

New Build!!
i5-4670k
Asus Gryphon Z87 mATX
Silverstone Sugo SG10 micro ATX Case
16 Gig DDR3 1866 mhz Patriot Viper RAM
PNY 240 Gig SSD (OS)
Seagate Barracuda 3 TB 7200 RPM HDD
Thermaltake 700 watt modular PSU
XFX r9 280x Video Card
Win7 Pro 64 bit

ibl0pj3d3sikhS.jpg

I like the SG10 a lot, it's such a nice case. I recommend if you haven't opened up that Thermaltake, getting the Silverstone ST65F which is fully modular and grabbing the PP05 short cables. They are a necessity for this case, trust me.

Taker34

Banned
Yes this is Shepard... kinda. My avatar is sad and confused, after seeing that face. Obviously Play Arts Kai didn't do a great job on this figure and it would look much better with a helmet. At least Shep wasn't as expensive as Tali was.

20131230_184040eludx.jpg

20131230_18410755u6b.jpg

Garrus is next.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Is the shirt that reads, verbatim, "Church of Misery" a Church of Misery shirt? Is that the question you just asked?

entremet

you have to be in the fuck it mindset and just go for it but if you have big monetary responsibility id suggest against it because it will be very draining on your wallet although you could still go for a small library instead of everything like im doing

What platforms are you gong for complete collections for?

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
I've done a small amount of Saturday morning shopping like usual:

I could always use an extra 360 controller for cheap. I have a bunch of Sega Genesis's, but this one is my first non-TMSS Genesis. I've confirmed there's no licensed by Sega logo on startup.

So jealous. I've been scouting Goodwill's for months for a Genesis let alone a non TMSS. Nice find.

hongcha

My last two pick ups for 2013:

oF8AI3g.jpg

The FFX/X-2 Vita boxset is so lovely, and I can't wait to finally play Kamigami no Triforce 2!

jacobs34

11660512035_3b77e5c6d2_z.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality, the Nexus 7 is currently the only camera in my house. Really loving the tablet, just not the greatest camera. The Pulp Fiction book is pretty great, almost want to tear out and frame some of the stills from the book.

Going to start the new year off right, so I'm enlisting a bit of help:
cee5c1077149c88f06e5f805b96d704d_zps3fe51a7a.jpg

I did also pick up a nice sweater on sale as well:

(With flash)
d82f18d2021fcbcd62052e4e7601242b_zps7f033aec.jpg

(Without flash & what it actually looks like)
55b8be09e3c6ab4e4132ea52ebb17990_zps003544db.jpg

Not shown:
- $30 iTunes card (redeemed already)
- Castle of Illusion (PSN)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3D (3DS eShop)

Yes Boss!

#bomba!

6debdfba71ce11e3bac91267b8fd1d29_7.jpg

Wii U purchase now officially justified!

Ha, that was the single Nintendo game that was a STRUGGLE for me to buy! Was waiting for $30 or less but finally jumped in at $50 after no black friday deals. Then it went to $30 last week ;-(

Have any fuelband impressions yet? I'm debating getting that or the Fitbit Force at the moment.

Not yet as I haven't set it up yet but I like that I can use my iPhone to track my progress mostly as well as some of the other features it offers. Regardless, I think anything that can motivate you to keep moving is a good thing.

Enchanted

Banned
Got these today.

jn4nR14.jpg

Steelseries Siberia v2 USB headset - Works on my PC and PS4. :)

Seagate 2TB USB 3 Ext HDD

CronusMax - Google for more.

Steelseries Rival Gaming Mouse.

BrettWeir

I like the SG10 a lot, it's such a nice case. I recommend if you haven't opened up that Thermaltake, getting the Silverstone ST65F which is fully modular and grabbing the PP05 short cables. They are a necessity for this case, trust me.

Thanks for the input. The PC is built. Unfortunately, the motherboard is what is giving me issues. The CMOS has an issue with keeping time (even after Asus said to flash the bios in standby and replace the battery). The clock constantly switches time. It's also giving me random BSODs. Quite frustrating.

meppi

Wasn't really planning on picking anything up yesterday, yet I did this:

icByaThntCRmH.jpeg

Since my 320GB Slim is completely full and I like to have a spare system just in case, I decided to pick up a 500GB SuperSlim now that they are still easy to get.
I'm in the middle of filling up the HDD with all my PSN games and content and then it goes back in the box for when it's needed.

Didn't have GT6 so that's a nice bonus. Already have TLOU but I'm sure I'll find someone to make happy with it.

Also finally found a brand new copy of Ridge Racer Vita that didn't go for a stupid price.

i1dqyKcE5ihzS.jpeg

Friggz

30pounds
and it's still available on amazon.co.uk for that price

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00979K9Z6/

It's really heavy (because of the full shooting script included). It's limited to 5000 in UK and mine is 4391

Oh and a poster with the Corleone family tree is also included.

Amazon UK had it for £28 recently.. Pretty amazing deal.

Edit: beaten. :)

so awesome. i dont see any differences between the UK one and the copy i can get in the US. Region free means it will play in my blu ray player as well right?

jimi_dini

What's the script like? Any pics? That's the bit thats most tempting :)

And no, that's not my handwriting :p
And it's 428 pages in total

so awesome. i dont see any differences between the UK one and the copy i can get in the US. Region free means it will play in my blu ray player as well right?

It's 100$ on amazon.com :p
Region free means that any player should be able to play it. If you live in UK/EU, you should consider that importing it from US may add a customs fee on top.

Friggz

And no, that's not my handwriting :p
And it's 428 pages in total

It's 100$ on amazon.com :p
Region free means that any player should be able to play it. If you live in UK/EU, you should consider that importing it from US may add a customs fee on top.

would the customs fee be included on the amazon site? Even with shipping incuded its only 45 USD on amazon.uk.

would the customs fee be included on the amazon site? Even with shipping incuded its only 45 USD on amazon.uk.

I think it should say so if customs fees were included.

I ordered a Kindle from Amazon US (I'm in Europe) and it said so that customs fees were included beforehand, so I assume it's similar if you import from the UK to US.

I think it should say so if customs fees were included.

I ordered a Kindle from Amazon US (I'm in Europe) and it said so that customs fees were included beforehand, so I assume it's similar if you import from the UK to US.

Amazon Japan do this too (I'm in the UK). They provide an estimated amount to your total that should cover your order. Whenever I've paid this, I've not been hit with any additional charges.

jonno394

Technology and entertainment to keep me going at the start of 2014 (i'll clean the table after seeing it in the picture....)

11670070923_8ed89bc427_z.jpg

11669823385_1211680820_c.jpg

Last retro pickup of 2013! PSOne + Official LCD screen:

iT8zEWFo918WV.jpg

And my very last pickup of 2013, a Sony NWZ-F886 portable audio player:

iJbqXzEl60fOt.jpg

Happy New Year, everybody!

Top Bottom