• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DEC. 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Favorite Gaming Goods + More!

The_Monk

Thanks to The_Monk's awesome fiancee, I got a set of bracelets for myself and my wife!

Very happy that you and your wife liked those fellow GAFfer! They were indeed a different set but since it's all hand-made and based on people's requests you got something unique for both of you. :)

My brother got me this awesome Catan board. We used it last night and it worked fantastically.
UElmiIHl.jpg

Oooh very nice. Where did he get it? Or is it self made?

Bond007

Finally took some pictures...

SZ 12 WMN(SZ 10.5 MEN) Premium AM1 Liquid Metal Silver with the ultra limited Platinum Capcom Cup Tournament Edition 2 Arcade Stick from Mad Catz X Capcom.

I call this the KICKS X STICKS movement. ;) Don't mind me. I just like arcade sticks a lot...

White Boxes...

11557762825_04a5641b52_c.jpg

Shining and gleamin' ...

11557786084_f3a0b99143_c.jpg

11557753425_e657f551d1_c.jpg

... and these like everyone else the past weekend...

11557878496_8c06413a1b_c.jpg

Nice work
My man with the Gammas! Mine are in route and I'm all set for the bred 1s this weekend! Eeeeekk

Shengar

Is that a custom frame for the Skyrim map? I remember looking for a frame a while back but IIRC, the map was a non-standard size and couldn't find anything right for it.

Yep, custom frame for both. Couldn't find the right size for Celcetta map either, glad both finished quickly.

Strike

IMAG0037_zpsa957b789.jpg
IMAG0041_zpse562ef65.jpg

Some things I forgot to post from last month. Replacement for the Bravia that had a strip of dead pixels and my new wallet to replace the one I've had for the last 18 years.

DSCN1244_zps8712f6ec.jpg

Black Friday purchases. Thanks to newegg's eBay deal, I'm finally a Vitabro.

DSCN1274_zps299c2dab.jpg

Another Black Friday purchase. Topped up for another year ($30).

DSCN1272_zps07502ea9.jpg

Christmas haul.

-BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend (PlayStation 3)
-Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon volume 6

As I mentioned in the thread yesterday, my brother got me BlazBlue: Continuum Shift for Christmas instead of the Extend version, so I returned it and got the Extend version now. I also picked up Sailor Moon volume 6.

Rich!

I now have both a PS4 AND an Xbox One! NEXT GEEEENNNN

The xbox only cost me £10.

I also got Timesplitters 2, Splinter Cell 1 and PGR2 for 75p each. Just need a component cable now and the USB adapter I ordered from ebay to get it ready for XBMC goodness

YomommaZ

My late november and december pickups.

Tearaway
img1761.jpg

Grand Theft Auto 5
img1752.jpg

The Last of Us
img1753.jpg

The Dark Knight Trilogy
img1750.jpg

Ipad Mini Retina with Smart Case
img1758.jpg

And my dad gave me this winter pilot jacket
img1774.jpg

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to ship the 3DS XL without A FUCKING CHARGER?!

Christ, this has got to be the dumbest shit. Fuck you Nintendo, cheap motherfuckers.

Bond007

Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to ship the 3DS XL without A FUCKING CHARGER?!

Christ, this has got to be the dumbest shit. Fuck you Nintendo, cheap motherfuckers.

Always wondered what their dumbass reason is for that.
Luckily we dont have that problem in the states

andylsun

Just one gaming pick up for me this Christmas. What a beautiful game!

Received a banjo burner (210,000 btu) to help with brewing beer.

Was at the town recycling place yesterday and someone threw out a working android tablet. While cheap (dopo m975) I've been after an android device to look into app development. It's interesting after spending years with iOS devices. No way will it replace my iPad 4 but it's fun to play around on.

Y29TuDJl.jpg

I now have both a PS4 AND an Xbox One! NEXT GEEEENNNN

The xbox only cost me £10.

I also got Timesplitters 2, Splinter Cell 1 and PGR2 for 75p each. Just need a component cable now and the USB adapter I ordered from ebay to get it ready for XBMC goodness

Awesome, I have the exact same combo under my television.

Always wondered what their dumbass reason is for that.
Luckily we dont have that problem in the states

Apparently they figured it would make sense to provide the customers only with what was absolutely necessary to keep the price as low as possible.

I guess they thought powering the device wouldnt be that much of a priority. I literally rifled through the box three times, hoping they meant that 'no ac adapter included' at least meant they shipped it with a compatible usb cable or something... still cant believe it.

TxdoHawk

Cross-post from the Automotive thread:

2012 300C. I've been wanting one ever since the 2011 redesign, and saving money to pay off my Altima + gather a down payment has been a large part of why I've barely posted in these threads this year. I'm not complaining, though! :)

AQ5Dnil.jpg

Caayn

My purchases of the last 4-5 weeks.

Games and the Halo books/comics that I missed. I finally own them all except for the Halo 3 art book and not counting reprints.
I regret CoD: Ghosts I liked the previous CoDs for their zombies modes and was hoping that exctinction would provide with a similar experience, I've never been so wrong.
And my digital purchases.

Take a well deserved rest wallet, you earned it.

Gameboy415

Pre-Christmas stuff:

1312-Games6_zps50f6e56e.jpg

-I got all of these PS games super cheap from various online stores (DuckTales is from HPB).

Christmas gifts:

1312-Christmas_zps337068f9.jpg

-I'm psyched to try out Rocksmith but I'm actually a little miffed the Clone Wars Blu-Ray box is DVD-sized. Oh well.

After-Christmas pickups:

1312-Games9_zpsb3afeea2.jpg

-I hit up a bunch of resale/thrift shops on the way home from my family's house and found lots of great stuff this year!
The highlights for me were 2 new first-party Nintendo games for my collection (Ken Griffey Jr. on N64 & Clu Clu Land on NES) and all of the licensed retro games.
I don't typically pick up loose SNES carts but I couldn't resist Goof Troop for $7.99! (HPB had 20% off everything)

thenexus6

Got my first PS4 game

eQiwR8M.jpg

Damn these games are so bloody expensive to start with £50-55 everywhere, luckily with my sainsburys discount card I got it for £42.50 which helps soften the blow.. Thinking of possibly getting Ghosts too but not sure yet; don't want to end up just getting shooters again.

Anyyway time for some long updating I presume, add me if want to play the-nexus6

gilljoy

Got my first PS4 game

eQiwR8M.jpg

Damn these games are so bloody expensive to start with £50-55 everywhere, luckily with my sainsburys discount card I got it for £42.50 which helps soften the blow.. Thinking of possibly getting Ghosts too but not sure yet; don't want to end up just getting shooters again.

Anyyway time for some long updating I presume, add me if want to play the-nexus6

you can get quite a few of them on forums etc for around £30

Ban Puncher

Xmas Haul

pP0xRsf.jpg

New PC now has 32GB of RAM. Come at me, Steam Sale.

Special unwanted pick-up; broken LEDs on my month old Corsair K70 keyboard. Waiting for an RA# and hopefully get it replaced quickly.

Melchiah

Just visited the video rental store near me, that was having a closing sale. BRs for 3-5€, and DVDs for 1-3€.

2DrmAe9l.jpg

Top Bottom