• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF DECEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Ph3n3x

Neo Member
celcius said:
Finally got my first headphone amp, the Little Dot 1+

amp.jpg

Currently going through burn-in :D

How much did this cost and where did you get it?

I would do shameful things for that piece of audiophile glory.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Ph3n3x said:
How much did this cost and where did you get it?

I would do shameful things for that piece of audiophile glory.
The only place to get them is from their store on ebay, just look for the seller "davidzhezhe". This model was $109 + $34 shipping = $143, but they have higher-end stuff if you're willing to pay. I ordered it on Monday and it arrived from China on Saturday. :D

LUCKY23.jpg

Lucky Star manga vol. 2 and 3.
I haven't bought any new manga in months.

Crisis-on-Infinite-Haruhis.jpg

Crisis on Infinite Earths and The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya.
I've read a lot of stuff that's recent DC that references CoIEs, so I figure I'll read that.

My last shipment of Threadless shirts came in:
WHITESHIRT.jpg
REDSHIRT.jpg
BLACKSHIRT.jpg

I don't have a camera with me so this is the best I could do:

k1c5dv.png

I built myself my first rig, it's also the first time I think I've had a PC that was relatively competitive with the rest of the market. Windows 7 is pretty spectacular so far too, don't miss XP a bit.

Day 2 in Akihabara (went to Shibuya also - I had to see Hachiko and cross the crosswalk)

btw -to eveyones help on GAF with my trip planning....thanks! I appreciate it so much...
To those that said I need to be meticulous and spend time researching, I don't know what you were talking about..
not having a plan was the best thing about this trip!
no schedules to keep! I woke up early (5am) to walk Akihabara and take pics and then took my time exploring and hoped over to Shibuya...and had go go curry/mos burgers and ramen all in one day!!! :D

so for today - I hit up all the spots...super potato..sofmap(my new favorite place...they were beating every ones prices...and the others, mandrake...gamers...)
rHgU3.jpg

Gameboy advance -1000 yen Sofmap
Legend of stary -500 yen Super Potato
Rockman zero 2 -525 yen Mandrake
Dragon Ball Kai CD - 420 yen Mandrake
Tylenol!!!!!! because finding OTC in Japan is Crazy hard and my head was spinning -700 yen

not pictured - a ton of hello kitty stuff for my little one and the SENSE magainze with the Bearbrick mousepad

more to come!

Litflynt912 said:
Day 2 in Akihabara (went to Shibuya also - I had to see Hachiko and cross the crosswalk)

btw -to eveyones help on GAF with my trip planning....thanks! I appreciate it so much...
To those that said I need to be meticulous and spend time researching, I don't know what you were talking about..
no schedules to keep! I woke up early (5am) to walk Akihabara and take pics and then took my time exploring and hoped over to Shibuya...and had go go curry/mos burgers and ramen all in one day!!! :D
!

Good to see you are having fun and found what you're looking for. Prices vary there and it takes some wandering to find the store that suits your tastes best. Having no schedule seems to work for some and wreck other's vacations. I prefer not making solid plans too. It takes a ton of stress off and it helps a vacation feel more like a vacation.

Bull

IMG_2090.jpg

Three great games. Batman is definitely one of my favourites from the year.

I also picked up Star Wars: KOTOR (Steam, $2.50), Secret of Monkey Island: SE (Steam, $2.50) and 3 on 3 NHL Arcade (XBLM, $5.00). Great deals.

-----------

My favourite pick-up of the year was probably Tales of Monkey Island. I was super excited when they announced the series was coming back and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

IMG_1672.jpg

eXistor

The Xmas tree is old, but I figured I put it in frame to add some Xmas flavor. I ordered 5 Futurama Kidrobot figures and thankfully got 5 different ones. I want to complete the whole set, but those things are expensive to get to Europe. I ordered these from a German website but they only offer blindboxes, so you don't know what figure you'll get. eBay is always an option, but you pay out your ass to get the figures you want. I've got 3 more on the way, so I'm bound to get doubles this time, but we'll see.
DSC00459.jpg

HooDoo

It's been quite a good month even if it's not gaming related. January should be a gaming festival for me but for now I'm enjoy my new toys :

Intentor

Neo Member
Here is some amazing additions to my collection:

dsc01159x.jpg

Tomb Raiders I, II, III, IV and Legend. All of them by almost $6, and in marvelous conditions.

Even having played thru them all, my "precious one" is the first Tomb Raider. Such a classic, and the best in the entire series for me! =D

ngower

celcius said:
Finally got my first headphone amp, the Little Dot 1+

amp.jpg

Currently going through burn-in :D

Ha, I was going through the Head-Fi forums then came into this tab and it was almost like I never left...

I'm building a hi-fi system myself, got my CD player today, waiting for the other component before I post a pic in here :D

tokyotrip.jpg

Easily my best pickup of the year. My wife and I are going back to Tokyo in April. We had enough frequent flyer miles for TWO FREE TICKETS. Granted, we have to drive from Seattle to Portland to catch our flight, but driving 2 1/2 hours to Oregon is better than two or three thousand dollars on airfare.

Gloomfire said:
cancelled.jpg

Best (worst?) pickup of the year?

I should do that at some point. I've been paying for months and have only logged back on for a few minutes each month. The addictiveness of it has run it's course with me. Now, if they made a SP WoW going through all the epic moments, that would be something. :lol

nny

...Cherry Grog™

After this pickup some weeks ago:

DSC04870.jpg

its younger brother followed:

DSC04895.jpg

The latest game came to a conclusion:

tomi5.png

My house got prettier:

DSC04890.jpg

..and a magazine P

DSC04896.jpg

'tis the season of Monkey Island and I be glad.

Urishizu

Litflynt912 said:

so for today - I hit up all the spots...super potato..sofmap(my new favorite place...they were beating every ones prices...and the others, mandrake...gamers...)

Gameboy advance -1000 yen Sofmap
Legend of stary -500 yen Super Potato
Rockman zero 2 -525 yen Mandrake
Dragon Ball Kai CD - 420 yen Mandrake
Tylenol!!!!!! because finding OTC in Japan is Crazy hard and my head was spinning -700 yen

not pictured - a ton of hello kitty stuff for my little one and the SENSE magainze with the Bearbrick mousepad

more to come!

That sounds like a pretty good day! I'm surprised Sofmap beat Mandrakes prices though, as the one I used to frequent in Fukuoka always had the lowest prices out of anywhere I had been.

Great call on the Mos burgers as well, I used to love that place. Ah, the memories.

gutabo

krae_man said:
OMG is that an 800XL???? DANG! I had one of those back in the day! I learned LOGO and BASIC there! I remember the disc drive was really expensive, I had to bego so much for one! Also the tape drive took forever to load good games(it was like hearing a modem connection for half an hour, then playing the game)... Also some magazines came with "games"- pages and pages of code you had to write down in order to execute and play the games, and if there was a mistake, you were screwed cause you had to look at the code line by line!

One of the greatest consoles ever! Great finding man!

Nasreddin

if09ld.jpg

Purchased this month:

Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper (so far a very enjoyable detective game)
Fahrenheit 451
Fez Soundtrack EP (really great tunes!)

photo-3.jpg

My favorite pick up of 2009. I love this little guy, came with Red Faction Guerilla preorder.

Kind of takes the sting out of the fact that you only get to use them in the game about once or twice.

eXistor

Spirit Tracks CE strat guide that I'll never use and 3 Zelda manga's that were cheap. No idea if they're any good. I might get the rest for collector's sake only.

25s8z1j.jpg

Top Bottom